Have you ever noticed???

_Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
_Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
That a lot of the time when you offer someone a price for an item they are selling. If they do not like the offer or they think their item is worth way more. They always say "LOL!" or "haha!" But mostly... "LOL no" They think they are brushing off the offer like they are cool or something and find it funny?
Facebook.com/foxi187
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Have you ever noticed how silly it is if you actually type out the entire "Laughing out loud" instead of "lol" in your chat?
  • Nightstalk - Raging Tide
    Nightstalk - Raging Tide Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Yea that annoys the **** outta me. Its like dude the offer wasn't that bad stop acting cool because ur just acting like a ****.b:bye
    10x R9 Sage Sin Active
    9x Demon Cleric Active
    9x Sage Psy Active
    8x Mystic Active
    9x Demon BM Active
    8x Seeker Active
    Been around awhile but never really play that long to get anywhere.b:victory
  • Veri - Lothranis
    Veri - Lothranis Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Have you ever noticed that when someone says " WTB X Offer me !" it actually sounds pretty darn stupid... What else can you offer them besides the item they want to buy ?
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    That a lot of the time when you offer someone a price for an item they are selling. If they do not like the offer or they think their item is worth way more. They always say "LOL!" or "haha!" But mostly... "LOL no" They think they are brushing off the offer like they are cool or something and find it funny?

I'm sorry but I do this. When someone offers about 30m for something worth 100m, yea I have to laugh a bit.

Or when I say COIN ONLY and I get offers to trade for fashion and random things people have lying around.....

But the best was when someone asked if I took hugs as a currency, I then explained that no, I do not, at which point they wished upon me good, non-hug offers ^-^
  • mkat
    mkat Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Today someone said WTS {Diamond of Dragon} 25m obo. I whispered 22m and they said 25m min...I said why say "obo" then??? and they say obo means higher offer rofl. But yea stuff like that annoys me.
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    lol gosh i hate when you go like .. " WTS x pm me coin offer" and ppl go like how much? x.x"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • ClawCrusher - Sanctuary
    ClawCrusher - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I love when someone asks for best offer and I tell them X mil and they complain its lower than their original price...well its the best offer I have jerk and your trying to sell the item 2x as much as everyone else...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    when ppl try to sell dod and me offer 50001 coins b:cry i mean its 50000 to npc give a brotha some slack it 1 coin more men
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    mkat wrote: »
    Today someone said WTS {Diamond of Dragon} 25m obo. I whispered 22m and they said 25m min...I said why say "obo" then??? and they say obo means higher offer rofl. But yea stuff like that annoys me.

I hate the stupids Dbags like you that does that.

If i am selling and i say > WTS x for y obo...pm me

the best offers must be higher than the one i posted. Or instead of just coin is an offer with an item that equals the price of it.

The best offer has to be better for my side since im the one who is selling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited October 2011

the best offers must be higher than the one i posted. Or instead of just coin is an offer with an item that equals the price of it.

But obo means

"or best offer" Not the highest offer above my price I want.

That means you should be accepting the highest offer unless its completely irrelevant and low, which you can't complain if only one person Pm's you.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2011

OBO means or the best offer that I receive. Why would someone PM you demanding that they pay more for it? That's just dumb and the people who did that are just willing to overpay because they want the item then and there. If you want someone to PM You higher offers then you start a bid, and say "WTS X current offer 25 mil" and let people bid higher. If you want to move the item quickly, than "OBO" simply means the person who puts in the best bid will get the item. The best bid could easily be lower than 25 mil, so long as it's not unreasonably lower it's a perfectly valid offer. The best offer doesn't mean it has to be better for the seller, it means that it's the best offer that you received.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    OBO means or the best offer that I receive. Why would someone PM you demanding that they pay more for it? That's just dumb and the people who did that are just willing to overpay because they want the item then and there. If you want someone to PM You higher offers then you start a bid, and say "WTS X current offer 25 mil" and let people bid higher. If you want to move the item quickly, than "OBO" simply means the person who puts in the best bid will get the item. The best bid could easily be lower than 25 mil, so long as it's not unreasonably lower it's a perfectly valid offer. The best offer doesn't mean it has to be better for the seller, it means that it's the best offer that you received.

This is what "or best offer" means. The best offer you happen to get, even if its lower than your original price. If you say or best offer and you only accept offers higher than your price, you are just plain greedy and a scammer.b:bye
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This is what "or best offer" means. The best offer you happen to get, even if its lower than your original price. If you say or best offer and you only accept offers higher than your price, you are just plain greedy and a scammer.b:bye

Or a 12 year old kid that charged 10,000 packs to his moms credit card and has no idea what words really mean. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Tallain_ - Heavens Tear
    Tallain_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2011

^ this... people like GoHral just don't know wth things mean obviously....
  • Kweer - Sanctuary
    Kweer - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Gosh I hate it when people flood world chat with bidding **** when we have a fully functional Auction House that has been used since the dawn of this game.
    b:nosebleed ಥ_ಥ PWI Follower since Jan '08 ಥ_ಥ b:nosebleed
    RisenPhoenix - 100 - Demon- Cleric - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - 100 Barbarian - Sage - Sanctuary
    Nakhtuul - 100 Blademaster - Demon - Archosaur
    Nakhtuul - 8x Seeker - Sage - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - 100 Archer - Demon - Archosaur
    /\pollo - 7x Cleric - Future Sage - Sanctuary
    Kweer - 7x Assassin - Future Demon - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    with a 5% fee... no one likes to lose that much coin sellign realy high priced items...... and no one's going to pay more just to cover your fee.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Gosh I hate it when people flood world chat with bidding **** when we have a fully functional Auction House that has been used since the dawn of this game.

Not everyone uses the AH for window shopping, unless it is something they are looking for specifically. About a month ago, I flooded the AH with -6% channeling gear for around 500k each. I was unable to sell much, and it was bothersome to place the ones I don't sell back into the AH every 24 hrs. I wc'ed the remaining ones I had and set up a catshop for it, and all of them got sold in under 30 min by different people.

For other gears that are obtained from packs, selling those in the AH would lose the owner millions in AH fee.

I find that annoying too _Bloody_Fox_. I think there are people who are worst. Like those who won't even reply to your reasonable market value offers at all. Now that's just plain rude :o While there are others that are just fake auctioning an item and yelling out in wc offers that are made by their faction mates or friends - to help him get as high an offer as possible from others.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    But the best was when someone asked if I took hugs as a currency, I then explained that no, I do not, at which point they wished upon me good, non-hug offers ^-^

If you were taking hugs, I'd have totally bought it too. b:surrender
  • Kweer - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    with a 5% fee... no one likes to lose that much coin sellign realy high priced items...... and no one's going to pay more just to cover your fee.
    Not everyone uses the AH for window shopping, unless it is something they are looking for specifically. About a month ago, I flooded the AH with -6% channeling gear for around 500k each. I was unable to sell much, and it was bothersome to place the ones I don't sell back into the AH every 24 hrs. I wc'ed the remaining ones I had and set up a catshop for it, and all of them got sold in under 30 min by different people.

For other gears that are obtained from packs, selling those in the AH would lose the owner millions in AH fee.

I find that annoying too _Bloody_Fox_. I think there are people who are worst. Like those who won't even reply to your reasonable market value offers at all. Now that's just plain rude :o While there are others that are just fake auctioning an item and yelling out in wc offers that are made by their faction mates or friends - to help him get as high an offer as possible from others.

High priced items, say....10mil or so? Sure. But why is it I see them selling gold TT mats and such above 10mil in AH?

I can understand losing 500k (which, by the way, is chump change nowadays in this game). But why am I seeing people sell dumb **** on world chat, holding bidding wars and spamming world chat to sell something that is 500k? Logic says they are using more telecoustics worth more than the AH fee would have been.

We (the players) used to use the AH everyday, for everything. We used to rely on it. That is why its there, so we can't miss a good deal if we are asleep, drooling on our keyboards from a 10 hour stint online.

Why aren't we all instead sending in mass tickets to petition that the fee be removed, and the allocated time to be extended from 24-hours to 48 hours? Also, how about we find a way (which is possible, by the way) to integrate the Auction House onto webpages (such as core connect) or guild pages, so we don't have to long into the game to check, bid and update our merchandise?

Its just really an idea or two to throw out there. I find it sad that we only rely on the AH for gold, and I miss so many great deals because I choose to have a life outside of the game and people are too lazy to put it up for auction where I have a day to choose to bid on it.

And also, I'd like to clear more room for WC drama and the like. b:surrender
  • Blueblade__ - Archosaur
    Blueblade__ - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ok ur the first person whos saying that. ppl use WC to sell items because its easy for players and the seller. And the problem isnt about the 5% fee the problem is the fact tht nowadays ppl dont want to search the auction house by using its lame search function. ppl only use that when they are in dire need of sth. I find it quite impressive of ppl selling stuff in WC because it makes some ppl realize what they need b:victory

also the TT mats uve said that are being sold in AH they are the mats which ppl have tried to sell for a long time and does not want to spend more time in trying to wc it.

also for WC we can easily get a view of what the price of sth is like. And we dont haf to sit infront of the comp reading the offers in AH whole day just to understand what the prices of stuff is like.

^^ what ive said just now many merchants in pwi would agree with me. I know cause i am one.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    But but but I seriously did lol over the 500k Demon Fist Mastery offer :(
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
    edited October 2011
    Lame search funstion on the AH? except when it wa sDOWN.... i haven't had a single problem finding anything on there with that........................ ijs....
  • Kweer - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    ok ur the first person whos saying that. ppl use WC to sell items because its easy for players and the seller. And the problem isnt about the 5% fee the problem is the fact tht nowadays ppl dont want to search the auction house by using its lame search function. ppl only use that when they are in dire need of sth. I find it quite impressive of ppl selling stuff in WC because it makes some ppl realize what they need b:victory

also the TT mats uve said that are being sold in AH they are the mats which ppl have tried to sell for a long time and does not want to spend more time in trying to wc it.

also for WC we can easily get a view of what the price of sth is like. And we dont haf to sit infront of the comp reading the offers in AH whole day just to understand what the prices of stuff is like.

^^ what ive said just now many merchants in pwi would agree with me. I know cause i am one.

no offense, but comparing what you just said with my own argument, I see clearly that I cannot compare my intellect with yours, and if I dare to try, I shall vanish in a puff of smoke.

seriously though....can someone else with a few more marbles in their skull counter my own ideas? perhaps improve upon them? there is obviously a lack of....talent, experience and knowledge from the kids who play MMO's nowadays.....
  • Zuuka - Sanctuary
    Zuuka - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Obo = Or Best Offer which means as much as you can get if you cant get the price you want..
  • mkat
    mkat Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Fail seller is fail.
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2011

LOL no
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Fail seller is fail.

No ****ing joking.

OBO means Or Best Offer. That is, if you're trying to sell a Lime Stone for 25 Mil OBO, you're throwing out there that you want 25 mil for it, or are willing to entertain offers, even if they are lower than 25 mil.

If you want 25 mil or better offer, you'd better type it out, cause that's the most **** manglement of the 'OBO' acronym I've yet to hear.
    LOL no

And Bearish makes me laugh again! b:chuckle
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Um?? Lol, I actually prefer the AH 90% of the time. It's easy to find what you're looking for there. Even if it means sifting through pages upon pages to find whatever it is you want (like through the TT mats etc). Not only is it easy to buy from but it's easy to sell through as well. Pop in your start bid/buy now prices and add it in with a small posting fee. Normally I don't care if it takes money in the end. If you think about the money you would probably waste on telecoustics trying to auction it off through WC, it would probably make up some of what the fee would be equal to through AH anyway.

Less of a headache in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861
  • Veri - Lothranis
    Veri - Lothranis Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Even if it means sifting through pages upon pages to find whatever it is you want (like through the TT mats etc). Not only is it easy to buy from but it's easy to sell through as well.

If you use the small filter window in the right side you can just type in the name just remember to use capital first letter. You can even search for ★ and ☆ items, BUT you cant use it to filter in every 2 ☆☆ items for some reason (Makes good and cheap stamina for genie) b:angry
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited October 2011

When the person pulls that **** I just don't buy from them. They can bite me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]