WTH is JFC?

Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
I mean seriously, where does it come from?

FCC is Frostcovered City.

JFC appears to refer to goon squads that are abusing the glitch, but where the hell does JFC come from? Last I knew they were just called goonie runs.

I'm just curious because not only do we have the old-schoolers using the outdated abbreviations for stuff like Rebirth, TT, ect. from the old days of PW-MY, but now we have people making up new ones that appear equally meaningless.

Seems like it would be a lot easier if people just used the proper abbreviations for things, or call stuff what it is instead of randomly making something new.
"No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
Post edited by Mor_Toran - Sanctuary on

Comments

• SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited October 2011

JFC appears to refer to goon squads that are abusing the glitch, but where the hell does JFC come from? Last I knew they were just called goonie runs.

I'm just curious because not only do we have the old-schoolers using the outdated abbreviations for stuff like Rebirth, TT, ect. from the old days of PW-MY, but now we have people making up new ones that appear equally meaningless.

Seems like it would be a lot easier if people just used the proper abbreviations for things, or call stuff what it is instead of randomly making something new.

Honestly, I don't know where this came from, and I was wondering this same thing myself. I think that it refers to jail frostcovered. Don't me to this. I really can't say whether it does or doesn't. I just figured it out a few seconds after reading your post. Lol.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2011
    Jail Frost Covered. (JFC)

The Jail is part of the name of the quest for the third boss

Yes it's stupid, but it's the nature of kids used to TXTing to shorten everything to the point of stupidity. I remember spending a while wondering what the hell a x-bow was. Everyone said the TT X-Bow totally rocked, I figured it was the name of the item. Of course, back then level 60 was an accomplishment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sanna - Momaganon
    Sanna - Momaganon Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Dont forget that Sylen used to build computers before the 286 mhz computers hit that market
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It's called fun ff where I come from, or fFF.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The place where the glitched boss resides is actually called the Frost Jail (shown above the mini map).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ernesto_ - Raging Tide
    _Ernesto_ - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    That means jentucky fried chicken
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited October 2011

I approve of this message
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I like jultimate fighting championship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shmarishmari
    shmarishmari Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I think on Dreamweaver that they are starting to call them cookies in order to decieve the gm's... Not too sure though unless cookies is a term for something else in fc....
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Justin (Bieber?) Fried Chicken!
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2011

You'r wrong man...

Its John Fitzgerald Cennedy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Zuuka - Sanctuary
    Zuuka - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Funny, a while ago ppl were calling it "FCC Vacs" lol.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Also saw it called "pirates" and my personal fav "moocows"
  • RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Lol, the most I've seen idiots advertise them for in WC is SFC for Special Frostcovered I guess (I have no idea).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861
  • Gummylicious - Harshlands
    Gummylicious - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I think J comes from Jail Boss, ijs.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Funny, a while ago ppl were calling it "FCC Vacs" lol.

Yeah, you see all kinds of things when people try to "covertly" imply goons. Seen "special", "bring vacs (somesmileyhere)" or so.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Zuuka - Sanctuary
    Zuuka - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    "FCC were not supposed to do (smileyface)" lol
  • FuRinKaZ/N - Dreamweaver24
    FuRinKaZ/N - Dreamweaver24 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    DREAMWEAVER: "FC 90/95/100 NEED SEEKER, we have cookies *wink*"

b:laugh
  • Eris - Dreamweaver
    Eris - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Some people I know would call it Huggy Hares. Lately I have seen the term cookies in wc. I guess its cause cookies make you fat...in this case fat with exp.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    You'r wrong man...

Its John Fitzgerald Cennedy

JFK is Kennedy btw.
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    JFK is Kennedy btw.

i think thats the joke
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Some people I know would call it Huggy Hares. Lately I have seen the term cookies in wc. I guess its cause cookies make you fat...in this case fat with exp.

That name is so inappropriate. Those hares do not hug you, they maul your face.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i've seen these abbreviations and new terms, and have been just as lost as you....good to see someone asking about it.

so here are my questions:

* what is the "J" in "JFC" mean? Junior?

* and what the heck is a *goonie run*? what that brings to mind are the crazy blue footed boobie bird, who crash land.b:chuckle

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Blueblade__ - Archosaur
    Blueblade__ - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Alright ppl ill tell u why JFC is called JFC because..........

when u lure the boss he talks about jail and he says sth like "are u here to take away my prisoner? (and says alot of stuff about being in jail) and then says Glacix dragon Aid me!!

thts why ppl came up with JFC cause the boss is the jailer.

it also makes me think what is TT1-x glitch called

hmm thinking of a name for it. Maybe TT1 Husband wife mode will be nice any suggestions?
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    thanks for clearing up the "JFC" bit for me, thought i still dont know what the 'goonies' part is.

and what do you mean about a TT 1-x glitch? i wonder about that because i do solo TTs often, or go in with my son or daughter. when i recently went in there with a full squad, i was shocked to see the boss with the flag in the room at the top of the ramp, after the first door is opened. in three years of playing, i had never seen him there before. how long has he been there? i had only see him in one of the back rooms of TT 1-*

Alright ppl ill tell u why JFC is called JFC because..........

when u lure the boss he talks about jail and he says sth like "are u here to take away my prisoner? (and says alot of stuff about being in jail) and then says Glacix dragon Aid me!!

thts why ppl came up with JFC cause the boss is the jailer.

it also makes me think what is TT1-x glitch called

hmm thinking of a name for it. Maybe TT1 Husband wife mode will be nice any suggestions?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Look up "JFC - Acacia strain" on youtube.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mara - Raging Tide
    Mara - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    on german server they got some lol names too, ima sum them up incase u hear one of those
    Special FC
    Pizza or Pizza FC - not sure, id guess cuz dragon form a circle around seeker, the term mostly used here, together with
    JFC- Jail Frostcovered City
    italian FC - Came from Pizza, insiderterm
    Burger FC - Apparently people love food
    FC 90+ with vacuitys
    Dragon FC
    Goonie FC
    Sexy FC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Yeah...you guys are kind of fortunate with the JFC term. We on Dreamweaver has been blessed with the "FC with cookies" name. WC is ridiculous with this flowing by. And they're real discreet too, as was pointed out on the previous page : "LF Seeker for FC with cookies *wink,wink* -insert winky face here-"

-.-
  • Aldyne - Raging Tide
    Aldyne - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    FCC is weird in the first place at my server Frostcovered is one word and City is so this would only mean FC although i do understand where it comes from with u FrosCoveredCity FCC sounds more cool. Ok with that said (flame me) the next part JFC that the J stands for Jail cause the quest there is the jail bit, weird and to far thinking make it easier why not make it GFC or even for the other servers GFCC, and the G would stand for Goons or Glitched what makes more sence to me. b:bye
  • endlesspsy
    endlesspsy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    FC is the universal term and msot original