Auto tracking

tonynewbury
tonynewbury Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
I cant believe that with the amount of time this game has been around and yet the auto tracking is totally worthless.

After spending 20 minutes trying to find the guy to hand in a quest, I gave up and quit playing.

Going back to Forsaken World.

Tony
Post edited by tonynewbury on

Comments

• Fulcanelli - Raging Tide
    Fulcanelli - Raging Tide Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    giving up at the first obstacle?

that's the spirit! well done! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    You see ?

Quest disappoint newcomers...get your self some P.level session and then quest wont be a problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    makes me wonder how did we manage to find npcs before the auto tracking system was here b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Huhhhhh? Can't even use auto-tracking... you don't deserve to play pwi! b:angryb:angryb:angry

*jokes* b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    makes me wonder how did we manage to find npcs before the auto tracking system was here b:chuckle

Always took me ages :o just like finding a new quest... But felt so good when you finally found it XD

The only npc's that still seem to cause trouble are chenchen(or something like that) next to general summer and duke blake for obivous reasons. x'D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Always took me ages :o just like finding a new quest... But felt so good when you finally found it XD

The only npc's that still seem to cause trouble are chenchen(or something like that) next to general summer and duke blake for obivous reasons. x'D

Before autopath we still had the coordinates, even when clicking on find quest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Geography classes... Apearently still being underestimated... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited October 2011

yeah, my point is, we didnt quit over it b:surprised
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    -removed- wrong topic LOL.

Uh, yeah it could get some updates :) dont like flying on to a wall x.x
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited October 2011
    I can understand the shock of a player coming from Forsaken World to play PWI, since on FW, autopathing will avoid most obstacles. If your line takes you through a rock, FW's auto-path recognizes the rock is there and sets your path to go around that rock. It's definitely more comprehensive, but I have to say one thing: If you need that much help to find your way around in a not-so-big world... it's not saying much for your navigational skills outside of the game.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I can understand the shock of a player coming from Forsaken World to play PWI, since on FW, autopathing will avoid most obstacles. If your line takes you through a rock, FW's auto-path recognizes the rock is there and sets your path to go around that rock. It's definitely more comprehensive, but I have to say one thing: If you need that much help to find your way around in a not-so-big world... it's not saying much for your navigational skills outside of the game.

I get lost IRL and in-game every time :D lol i suck at navigating and driving b:chuckle
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Haha, yeah. I'm sure a bunch of people here had all the WQ spots memorized before auto-pathing... I did.

I still don't remember most WQ spots by name, I mostly only remember them by number. b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2011

I used to have the world map printed out with all the WQ npc's marked on them...

Seriously...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2011

I used to have the world map printed out with all the WQ npc's marked on them...

Seriously...

Who didn't? lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i've never understood why PWI doesnt have the same tracking system that is in place for EtherSaga and Jade Dynasty, where you can click on a destination and you are off, running or riding on a path that takes you around the worst of crowds of mobs, or somehow mobs ignore you more or less. you also dont get knocked off your mount as often as in PWI.

why it hasnt been done here, is still a mystery to me. so the only time i use autotrack is when im doing World Quest. its useless on the ground.

I cant believe that with the amount of time this game has been around and yet the auto tracking is totally worthless.

After spending 20 minutes trying to find the guy to hand in a quest, I gave up and quit playing.

Going back to Forsaken World.

Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Licancura - Archosaur
    Licancura - Archosaur Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i've never understood why PWI doesnt have the same tracking system that is in place for EtherSaga and Jade Dynasty,

Plz no!!! I played those games and I hated it. In pwi sometimes just going to some place is an adventure. Like the time when being low level I got trapped in the village of Dreaming Cloud. b:cry
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Im actually playing JD atm and i like the autopath that doesnt go in a straight line but follows the road and stuff.

What i miss on JD is the ability of double jump to cut some road, but there is a skill that is like a leap so im good with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>RETIRED<
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited October 2011

I suck at remembering stuff like numbers... so I always had some paper and pen near to write down the coords b:shutup
    x'D

And well, the autopath in JD and such are nice, but then there should be made a difference between ground and air autopath... ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    at least we know FW have 1 more fail

obvious cheap shot is not so obvious <3<3<3 ADD ME PLZZ BABE
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited October 2011
    at least we know FW have 1 more fail

obvious cheap shot is not so obvious <3<3<3 ADD ME PLZZ BABE

What are you going on about?

You realize where antagonizing forum staff gets you?b:angry
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    What are you going on about?

You realize where antagonizing forum staff gets you?b:angry

thats why i want to be your friend b:dirtyb:surrender
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i have to tell my newbie screwup, and it was a dilly! (and very much pre-autotrack)

for some reason, my first character here was a barb named Nemorth, and as a person totally new to this kind of MMORBGs, i had *no* clue what to expect. so i was exploring around the City of the lost, and wandered through that narrow passage near the newbie spawn area that leads into a lv 80s area! i didnt know what to do- i panicked, and ran from the mobs, not back the way i had come, because that would run me into the loving arms of those mobs with the big swords, but straight along the wall....into the land of the burning heart! talk about from bad to worse! and i kept thinking home was Town of Arrivials! so i kept using the teleport skill, and winding up in the worst places! i gave up, and started FoxDancing (this was on LostCity server....which tells you just how lost i was when it came to this kind of game/PvP and all! ^_^).

but my son was intrigued, and wanted to get Nemorth home where he belonged in City of the Lost, and patiently worked him around crowds of mobs and all, till Nemorth was back home, and my son was hooked on the game! he started his own character, another wolf, named him LordDeerskin, while i started another account, and started a cleric and another veno, named FoxRunning....and thats how we both got started! ^o^

Plz no!!! I played those games and I hated it. In pwi sometimes just going to some place is an adventure. Like the time when being low level I got trapped in the village of Dreaming Cloud. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited October 2011

+1 this b:laugh I remember all too well having to search for npc's and quest items, that you now get autopathed too (the only stuff you still have to search for without autopath is that secret quest around TT temple - well people that's what all the quests were like), this game is sooooo easy these days, even levelling have become so much easier than having to grind and zhen just little over a year ago...

Geez good thing this player didn't play a few years ago, wouldn't have lasted a day...
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011

OMG I remember actually inputting the coordinates into the coordinate assistant back then, I was still so upset cause I could only enter 5 at a time, then just flew to the little dots on the map, that's how I used to do it damn quests took forever back then b:chuckle

• Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Haha, yeah. I'm sure a bunch of people here had all the WQ spots memorized before auto-pathing... I did.

I still don't remember most WQ spots by name, I mostly only remember them by number. b:chuckle

b:pleasedb:chuckleb:laugh +1 ditto