Saving 10 Billion coins...

Options
OlieTheKing - Lost City
OlieTheKing - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Twilight Temple (West)
I need around 10 Billion coins for all the end game gear, refines and shards i want. Im saving for this by merchenting and farming. I decided im going to post how much gold / coins i have at the end of each week on this thread b:victory

My gear aim:

http://pwcalc.com/ba51650961385f36

Progress:

Week 1:

39.88 Gold
98,000 Coins

Week 2:
1.81 gold
~500,000 coins
48 Wild packs
[Bought +8 orb for chaos ring, got annoyed with selling packs - opened 50 got tokens... is there any way to lock money or items so i cant do stupid shi...]

Aim for week 3:
100-200 Gold
Post edited by OlieTheKing - Lost City on

Comments

• Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Good luck with that :) !

It's hard but doable ^_^
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    You could also post what things you're aiming for and list what you achieved in getting as you get it b:victory
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Just don't get ****. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    im saving for r9 too. my goal is $20k for full +12 r9 josd and will probably get it in 5months :x

week 1 (working 32 hours, took 1 day off)
    (43 x 8) x 4 = 1376 / 1.25 (tax) = 1100.8 - 300 (food/etc) = $800.8
  • Njdragon - Heavens Tear
    Njdragon - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    you guys are so fricken sad if you HONESTLY budget a GAME into ur bills/lives
    Rewind to 2008. Before aps, plvl, etc. Back when we all used to LAUGH at bm`s with fists because they couldn`t do any damage compared to pure axe bmb:laugh

Man them were the good days.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Bearish is just trolling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OlieTheKing - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Options
    you guys are so fricken sad if you HONESTLY budget a GAME into ur bills/lives

did i say its going to be part of my budget? (i have better things to spend my money on)
    merchenting -> your afk most of the time.
    farming -> i dont do as often only when i get bored and want to play PVE.
    Bearish is just trolling.

Indeed b:chuckle
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    what is this i aint even troll....

merchanting -> high electric bill
    farming -> waste of time + sit all day = unhealthy -> higher medical bills
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

In my building, the electric bill is considered part of rent and does not change no matter how many computers I run. I can run them all day, every day!

R9 in 3 weeks, go! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    Options
    You over estimate how much electricity costs, eh i will mainly be merchenting...

im not sure about 3 weeks o_O
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I need around 10 Billion coins for all the end game gear, refines and shards i want. Im saving for this by merchenting and farming.
    You've chosen a good server to attempt this on. Although the size of the economy is much smaller than Sanctuary, the merchanting competition on Lost City is really weak.

I've been running a zero-effort merchanting alt on Lost City for a couple of years, and he's up to 4 billion coins. I only play the major market shifts with him, and don't bother with any day-to-day competition. So, my estimate is that a skillful merchant that's actually willing to put in some effort could probably reach 10 billion on Lost City in 2 years or less.
    I've actually calculated this out, because it's a favourite excuse people use when they're trying to explain why merchanting isn't an option.

My merchanting laptop uses 35 Watts, which works out to 25.2 KW/h, which costs me $2 per month. That $2 seems to be averaging about 500m profit, so basically I'm paying $1 for 250 million coins, which is a lot cheaper than the current Auction House price of $190.

However, the laptop eventually produces heat with all of this energy, so from September to April it's energy I would have needed to pay for heat with anyway. So merchanting is free if it's cold outside and your house is heated with electricity. Or, even better, if your house is heated with natural gas, and electric heat is cheaper than gas (which it is right now where I live), then merchanting actually saves you money.

Of course, math rarely seems to convince anybody that they're wrong, except for merchants and archers. *shrugs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I read your guide recently warren, pretty interesting. Thanks for a time scale i wasnt sure how long it would take once i had things rolling, although its pretty demotivating to hear 2 years b:surrender - who knows what will happen to pwi in that time...
  • Veri - Lothranis
    Veri - Lothranis Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    In merchanting i feel im being held back by the amount of money i currently have, when does this stop happening so often or does it ever stop ?

I miss out so many deals every day because i dont either have enough coins or gold to grab hold of all those little sweet profits b:cry
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    You've chosen a good server to attempt this on. Although the size of the economy is much smaller than Sanctuary, the merchanting competition on Lost City is really weak.

I've been running a zero-effort merchanting alt on Lost City for a couple of years, and he's up to 4 billion coins. I only play the major market shifts with him, and don't bother with any day-to-day competition. So, my estimate is that a skillful merchant that's actually willing to put in some effort could probably reach 10 billion on Lost City in 2 years or less.

I've actually calculated this out, because it's a favourite excuse people use when they're trying to explain why merchanting isn't an option.

My merchanting laptop uses 35 Watts, which works out to 25.2 KW/h, which costs me $2 per month. That $2 seems to be averaging about 500m profit, so basically I'm paying $1 for 250 million coins, which is a lot cheaper than the current Auction House price of $190.

However, the laptop eventually produces heat with all of this energy, so from September to April it's energy I would have needed to pay for heat with anyway. So merchanting is free if it's cold outside and your house is heated with electricity. Or, even better, if your house is heated with natural gas, and electric heat is cheaper than gas (which it is right now where I live), then merchanting actually saves you money.

Of course, math rarely seems to convince anybody that they're wrong, except for merchants and archers. *shrugs*

:d oh Hey Warren. Thanks for the guide. I used to despise merching and thought it was mountain. But slowly i am making slow progreess, not very fast but slowly. =D.

Your guide saved my seeker, XD kept me on it.

In merchanting i feel im being held back by the amount of money i currently have, when does this stop happening so often or does it ever stop ?

I miss out so many deals every day because i dont either have enough coins or gold to grab hold of all those little sweet profits b:cry

Happens all the time to me.b:surrenderb:surrender

:) Thats true but Merchanting = More time in real life(cause not playing). I might be able to catch up with my shows and find it easier to study. I dont catshop everyday of course, because the reasons you put in bill, but most important my computer gets warm if i do it too much. So i look after it, and only do it on days which are busy like weekends, cause less players on during the week. I dunno if that's me cause i live in europe as opposed to america but generally at weekends arch i lag hard as hell but weekdays its lag free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Sorry, but this really should be in the Lost City server subforum.

Moving it there now.
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    About six months ago Olie said to my sin that he will be or already had dont remeber quite well rank9 geared...

After six months u just a normal rank 8 user that i only have to shadow tele and press f1....

Good luck with that gear...

Troll moreb:bye
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Meh, i'd rather sell frost all day long than waste time with merchanting :/

1 hr per run on my bm (1:30 for full) so i'm either making 2 mil per hour or 3 mil per 1.5 hrs.

So with 2 mil per hour, if i can play for 5 hrs i'm making 10 mil.
    With 3 mil per 1.5 hrs, if i can play for 5 hrs i'm making ~19.8 mil.

Of course these prices are for people that I have in my discount runs.

Normal cost is 2.5 mil per run (1 hour), and 4 mil per full run (1.5 hours)
    This makes my profit for 5 hrs at half runs (to big room) 12.5 mil
    And this makes 5 hrs with full runs (to final boss) 20 mil

Add in the 10-20 dollars I put in on occasion (saturday or sunday every few weeks), which add's 12 to 22 mil for the numbers I put so far.

Of course if you take these prices are put them per week...
    Discount runs:
    50 mil per week if i do only half runs
    138.6 mil per week if i do only full runs

Regular price runs:
    87.5 mil per week if i do only half runs
    140 mil per week if i do only full runs

(Any math wiz mind double checking this math, as I'm not 100% sure the prices per week are accurate)
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • asd123fq41ags
    asd123fq41ags Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    stuff

*browses west adc for 5 minutes*

Oh look, someone is selling cv ring insignia for 27m.

> buys
    > resells 32m
    > did your 2 hours of work in 5 minutes, no effort

b:laugh
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It's called I don't give a care for merchanting you fail troll alt.

b:bye

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

Pretty much this, in the last 3 months I played pwi I attempted to merchant since I knew i was going to quit anyway. I spent 100% of my time in catshop with my alt afk and merchanted around 600 milllion in that time. I gave away all the money I made from that when rank 9 came out anyway though.

I'm not sure if its still like it now but anything on sale with a discount in boutique is usually good to merchant, especially packs.
  • Bictorr - Lost City
    Bictorr - Lost City Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Merchanting and frosting is for losers and squares.
    *Charges $20K like a baossss*
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I have my doubts based only on the title of your post. Whenever I hear low levels say they make their money by "saving" it, they are usually talking about flying places instead of using teleports or farming things that can be cheaply bought. These are wastes of time and have very little to do with making money.

Day to day costs are very small in the game and never amount to anything. The only way to get billions of coin is to merchant, farm, or charge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Asterelle: Oile is actually like 101 or 102, his forum avatar has been glitched for a long *** time :/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that can be fixed by changing your avatar to something else and back :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited October 2011
    Options
    By saving i mean not blowing all my money on garbage b:surrender
    Ill try and fix my avatar...
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    merchanting n farming, so boring, just make female char, facebook, msn, and get many rich BF. like that Karinaa and Bixnood's wife (dont know wat her name is). if u r lucky, they will even buy u full r9.
  • SteamyFish - Lost City
    SteamyFish - Lost City Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    imo best things to farm is solo hh 3-3+3-2 glitched and solo warithgate runs
    wg capes = 5mil every 10 mins ( once u have a squad)
    3-3+3-2 glitched= depending on luck. once made 67mil from one run which took roughly an hour.
    imo best things to merch are gold,+10 orbs and event items.

Tut those are just what i used to do.b:cute
    edited October 2011
    Options
    3-3+3-2 glitched= depending on luck. once made 67mil from one run which took roughly an hour.

Thanks dude ^^ my sin is lvl 100 now just need a couple more pieces of gear and ill be able to do this
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Options

Do you guys just not think before you post? Or is "glitch" a term that doesn't mean what I think it means?b:shutup
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Do you guys just not think before you post? Or is "glitch" a term that doesn't mean what I think it means?b:shutup

It's not a glitch, it's a feature. If it were a glitch he'd get banned for doing it, yet clearly he is still able to play the game and post on the forums. b:cute