Sick of Power-Levelers??

Njdragon - Heavens Tear
Njdragon - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Ok me personally, I am getting SICK AND TIRED of plvl people. You can hardly find a squad anymore where there isn`t a power-lelver in there. You don`t learn how to play your toon and you have no clue what you are doing. What ever happened to hard work and getting to know your class??

I`d like to see how other people feel about this subject.

Please vote =)
Rewind to 2008. Before aps, plvl, etc. Back when we all used to LAUGH at bm`s with fists because they couldn`t do any damage compared to pure axe bmb:laugh

Man them were the good days.
Post edited by Njdragon - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Personally, I just feel sad when I see head sellers targeting 80+ people.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If its my group they get booted... if im in the group and the person is harming the group I let the lead know I am leaving because of the pNoob.
  • Njdragon - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    iamllam wrote: »
    you dont need skill to play gear>skill

all gear means is that you can stand there longer while u ponder what skill you should use because you have NO IDEA what your doing.
    Rewind to 2008. Before aps, plvl, etc. Back when we all used to LAUGH at bm`s with fists because they couldn`t do any damage compared to pure axe bmb:laugh

• PriestRain - Raging Tide
    PriestRain - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Lol @ dude who said Gear>Skills. (I don't know how to quote propertly -.- so excuse me)

Ok U are obviously power lvld, since u have that opinion, everyone who lvld normally, and learned their class will tell u different.

I can tell u that in pvp (example) gears are only good if u have r9/nirv, cuz r8 is really easy to kill..W/e class it is :P

Oh and when u learn how to time ur skills, and how skills of other ppl work on u/mobs, game becomes so much easier :)
  • mcfreakie
    edited October 2011

*facepalm*

Thats pretty much how the rest of us feel about YOU... lol What a JOKE.
    edited October 2011

*facepalm*

we all facepalm the plvlers...i think its funny at how much people would spend in plvl, such a ripoff.

As an experiment i asked a plvl runner what lvl i would come out if i plvl my archer from 48 (BR-end) and he said 51...i laughed so hard it wasnt funny. as i went on to do some quests, BH, CS, i came out at lvl 51 and it didnt cost me 800k...think of the gears u could be saving up for.

• thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Dealing with idiot clerics that "spam heal out of habit", and Barbs that cause aggro pong because "dey tink dey r da tank". -nty. Some of us are capable of learning and adapting. Even before power leveling and Dragon Glitch; there were oracle/WQ nubs. There will always be those clerics that spam chromatic, Barbs that reset aggro, Archers that insist on range tanking a phys aoe boss with mages in the squad, Venos who insist they don't need a pet, etc. -Has nothing to do with power leveling. There will always be idiots regardless.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    uh, power leveling was always possible, heads were sold time back before tideborn appeared... oracles was also powerleveling...

Now what, people got enough gear to powerlevel noobs from 1-79 then sell them heads at 80+. They just found a new way to make easy money, not to mention powerlevel people are most of the time alts.

It's pretty rare that a new player will pay that amount of money for levelig to 100+, knowing the endgame sucks (pretty much its the same things to do every day, which gets tedious).

As of me, I don't care if they plvl or not, I did play the game and I have my ingame friends which are the ones I run instanced/kill bosses/do bhs with them, so I can care less if they power level or not, they are and will be fail at their class.

Yes, gear is A HUUUUGE fact to succeed on this game, the question is, "so what?" there will always be a better player than you want it or not. If you want to be the best in this game you will need to learn how to merch or well, learn how to use your creditcard.

/enough said.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • mcfreakie
    edited October 2011
    thumbs wrote: »
    Dealing with idiot clerics that "spam heal out of habit", and Barbs that cause aggro pong because "dey tink dey r da tank". -nty. Some of us are capable of learning and adapting. Even before power leveling and Dragon Glitch; there were oracle/WQ nubs. There will always be those clerics that spam chromatic, Barbs that reset aggro, Archers that insist on range tanking a phys aoe boss with mages in the squad, Venos who insist they don't need a pet, etc. -Has nothing to do with power leveling. There will always be idiots regardless.

I would agree but why MULTIPLY the problem with idiots (like above) who are trying to teach others be as dumb? I have never understood the apathy in accepting people to achieve dumba$$ level and not better. I boot them from my squad. If they are too dumb to even try to learn their class they have no business in the squad.
    edited October 2011
    uh, power leveling was always possible, heads were sold time back before tideborn appeared... oracles was also powerleveling...

Now what, people got enough gear to powerlevel noobs from 1-79 then sell them heads at 80+. They just found a new way to make easy money, not to mention powerlevel people are most of the time alts.

It's pretty rare that a new player will pay that amount of money for levelig to 100+, knowing the endgame sucks (pretty much its the same things to do every day, which gets tedious).

As of me, I don't care if they plvl or not, I did play the game and I have my ingame friends which are the ones I run instanced/kill bosses/do bhs with them, so I can care less if they power level or not, they are and will be fail at their class.

Yes, gear is A HUUUUGE fact to succeed on this game, the question is, "so what?" there will always be a better player than you want it or not. If you want to be the best in this game you will need to learn how to merch or well, learn how to use your creditcard.

/enough said.

i understand people used to oracle a lot, but atleast at that lvl they have a good idea of how to play their toon. you cant tell me people oracled at lvl 1-15 and gained massive lvls, that could nvr happen.

• Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    i understand people used to oracle a lot, but atleast at that lvl they have a good idea of how to play their toon. you cant tell me people oracled at lvl 1-15 and gained massive lvls, that could nvr happen.

Well, If can recall correctly, I was here even before HH existed (don't remember if it was WQ-CS, or oracles before HH, but meh u get the point), so EVERY SINGLE THING, after HH/oracles/Crazy Stone/WQ/Hypers appeared is, in fact, a way of powerleveling.

The last drop was indeed, Hypers. With this PWE gave every single player a x12 permanent event, I remember using esotericas~ oh those days~ now people complain of their leveling being slow? PFFF sissy girls.

Oh yeh about skills, playing the game does give you the skills, but indeed, I know, some people that have seen enough of how other players play / researched in order to learn their "new?" class.

In fact, most of the 103 and 105s powerleveled with goonz glitch, making it from 103 to 105 used to be a VERY FAR GOAL even with hypers. It is impossible for people to get to 105 within a month from level 1 in a legal way, hope gms know that.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    GMS DONT CARE b:bye

That I know, imo, they state they're worried about it and that are trying to fix it, yet they keep selling rank gear so people rush to endgame aka glitch in order to obtain it.

They = PWE, not specifically gms.
    edited October 2011
    Well, If can recall correctly, I was here even before HH existed (don't remember if it was WQ-CS, or oracles before HH, but meh u get the point), so EVERY SINGLE THING, after HH/oracles/Crazy Stone/WQ/Hypers appeared is, in fact, a way of powerleveling.

The last drop was indeed, Hypers. With this PWE gave every single player a x12 permanent event, I remember using esotericas~ oh those days~ now people complain of their leveling being slow? PFFF sissy girls.

Oh yeh about skills, playing the game does give you the skills, but indeed, I know, some people that have seen enough of how other players play / researched in order to learn their "new?" class.

In fact, most of the 103 and 105s powerleveled with goonz glitch, making it from 103 to 105 used to be a VERY FAR GOAL even with hypers. It is impossible for people to get to 105 within a month from level 1 in a legal way, hope gms know that.

ok first of all, please explain to me how CS, HH, and (lmao) WQ is plvling??

Second, that`s taking advantage of a glitch and is bannable...and u cant rly plvl at 100+, thats more just lvling, so u could also say that doing FF at lvl 80+ is plvling as well then right...

and if you THINK u can watch people play and "research" the class to learn how to play u r certainly mistaken.

• RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Well what I can say is that, I left PWI a while back around last September, then came back just this last April. When I left, there was no such thing as power leveling in FC (at least beyond head sellers). Coming back to the game to see tons of Power Leveling ads in World Chat was really strange to me. lol...

And then I noticed the quality of players there are currently... There are far too many nubby people now. And I think it has to do in part with the plvling... I notice more the clerics since I played one for a few years and consider myself above-average at the class. I've met some 60+ clerics who didn't even know what purify did. Some of them spam chromatic heal when only one person needed a few IH or wellspring cast on them. Stuff like that, that ends up really irking me. Why take so much time to cast chromatic when you could save the tank much quicker by casting a faster single person heal on them? Some don't even stack IH sometimes. ><

Just stuff like that...

I leveled this mystic to 70 before I admittedly, started paying for plvl but by that time I felt I had the class down pat so to speak. Eventually people preferred me than a cleric in FC runs etc lol.

Now it seems the big thing is "JFC". I watched someone spam WC last night for over an hour trying to find a barb for FF 100+. In that time they could have run FF normally probably at least twice. And you know if they want specifically a barb, they're more than likely looking to glitch, they don't even need to say it.

The saddest part is that I've seen people try to form normal 100+ FF squads and they actually have to state that it is a "normal FF". What are we coming to guys? I mean really.

What's the point in getting to end-game so goddang fast anyway? Personally I find it hard to keep busy without getting bored.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861
    edited October 2011
    Well what I can say is that, I left PWI a while back around last September, then came back just this last April. When I left, there was no such thing as power leveling in FC (at least beyond head sellers). Coming back to the game to see tons of Power Leveling ads in World Chat was really strange to me. lol...

And then I noticed the quality of players there are currently... There are far too many nubby people now. And I think it has to do in part with the plvling... I notice more the clerics since I played one for a few years and consider myself above-average at the class. I've met some 60+ clerics who didn't even know what purify did. Some of them spam chromatic heal when only one person needed a few IH or wellspring cast on them. Stuff like that, that ends up really irking me. Why take so much time to cast chromatic when you could save the tank much quicker by casting a faster single person heal on them? Some don't even stack IH sometimes. ><

Just stuff like that...

I leveled this mystic to 70 before I admittedly, started paying for plvl but by that time I felt I had the class down pat so to speak. Eventually people preferred me than a cleric in FC runs etc lol.

Now it seems the big thing is "JFC". I watched someone spam WC last night for over an hour trying to find a barb for FF 100+. In that time they could have run FF normally probably at least twice. And you know if they want specifically a barb, they're more than likely looking to glitch, they don't even need to say it.

The saddest part is that I've seen people try to form normal 100+ FF squads and they actually have to state that it is a "normal FF". What are we coming to guys? I mean really.

What's the point in getting to end-game so goddang fast anyway? Personally I find it hard to keep busy without getting bored.

i agree to every single aspect of what you said.

• Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    ok first of all, please explain to me how CS, HH, and (lmao) WQ is plvling??

Second, that`s taking advantage of a glitch and is bannable...and u cant rly plvl at 100+, thats more just lvling, so u could also say that doing FF at lvl 80+ is plvling as well then right...

and if you THINK u can watch people play and "research" the class to learn how to play u r certainly mistaken.

Anything that is not grinding / questing / working for it is considered power leveling... aka getting your exp the quick way, or not really working for it (paying power leveling services in-game or 3rd party systems / bots).

FF was "okay" within the leveling terms, before hypers appeared... guess you werent there, so yes it should be considered fast leveling / power leveling. Thats what players use to level nowadays, not quests or grind anymore.

Wrong, I know a friend has one of each class over level 90, and she was great on every single one of them. She quit now though. So bleh.
    As she was good with all her toons (yes she did power level some of them), I am 100% sure there are other players that do have in-game friends that help them learn their classes.

As of those new players that hop on and power level the first day they start playing, it is hard to learn a class, yet pretty doable, you don't really need to know how to do an instance in order to learn a class... Yes, sure tricks you learn from the long way, can take longer to learn, yet once they research it's again, doable.

I certainly would power level my alt toons if I could afford it, gets tiring doing the same things over and over through the game, even if they are different toons...
    edited October 2011
    Anything that is not grinding / questing / working for it is considered power leveling... aka getting your exp the quick way, or not really working for it (paying power leveling services in-game or 3rd party systems / bots).

FF was "okay" within the leveling terms, before hypers appeared... guess you werent there, so yes it should be considered fast leveling / power leveling. Thats what players use to level nowadays, not quests or grind anymore.

Wrong, I know a friend has one of each class over level 90, and she was great on every single one of them. She quit now though. So bleh.
    As she was good with all her toons (yes she did power level some of them), I am 100% sure there are other players that do have in-game friends that help them learn their classes.

As of those new players that hop on and power level the first day they start playing, it is hard to learn a class, yet pretty doable, you don't really need to know how to do an instance in order to learn a class... Yes, sure tricks you learn from the long way, can take longer to learn, yet once they research it's again, doable.

I certainly would power level my toons if I could afford it, gets tiring doing the same things over and over through the game, even if they are different toons...

explain to me how u grind or quest at 90+?? you certainly run out of quests. Also, if you don`t know you toons by 90+ even if u plvl them, then u need to just quit.

so you plvl ppl think its ok for sins at lvl 60+ to not know what Bloodpaint is, or for clerics to not know what purify does, or for barbs not to know how to hold aggro or what their skills ACTUALLY DO, or a BM who doesnt know what buff they have or how to stun...i could go on forever, and i have seen EVER SINGLE ONE of these scenarios.

• thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011

-Good example of how some people can't learn. We're in PWI ffs: It's TT not HH.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    explain to me how u grind or quest at 90+?? you certainly run out of quests. Also, if you don`t know you toons by 90+ even if u plvl them, then u need to just quit.

so you plvl ppl think its ok for sins at lvl 60+ to not know what Bloodpaint is, or for clerics to not know what purify does, or for barbs not to know how to hold aggro or what their skills ACTUALLY DO, or a BM who doesnt know what buff they have or how to stun...i could go on forever, and i have seen EVER SINGLE ONE of these scenarios.

Stop being so pedantic please.

Yes there is a moment where you run out of quests, thats when people used to kill monsters for exp and not run an instance over and over and over all day long.

As of your experiences, I would say, find people that know their classes and stop squadding random people? That's what I do. b:victory

Power leveling is completly fine, the bad is when people do it to a point where they dont move and they're lvl 100+ which is extremist and stupid (seriously, want to play a game play it atleast once). If they did that, gratz youre 100 now, but pitty, you don't have any skills because your're stuck on your level 10 culti. b:chuckle

As I said, I would power level my alts, because I know from experience, what each class roll is, what their skill does and how it affects the monsters or toons, I have had numerous duels, joined numerous TWs, and killed pretty much 99% of the monsters in-game available.

At that point, it would be "ok" since I would not want to level the normal way my alts, since it would be, as mentioned, tiring.

Not to mention these days, it is x3 times more difficult to find a squad to do your normal quests. Thats why people powerlevel some, I believe.

As of now, since I have no money for powerleveling my veno (which will be used for TT only), I use my main's brainpower orbs, which is, indeed, power leveling.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Way to make a ****ty poll.
    Yes plvling has changed the game, no I'm not sick of plvlers.

And you better be pro AF on your bm if you're going to call out plvlers.
    edited October 2011

I am certainly sick of plvlers and i firmly believe it has changed the game...and ur damn right im pro on my bm, i nvr plvl, i LEARN my class, can`t remember the countless times i`ve been called a great BM or a pro BM. Don`t think I dont know how to play, I learn every toon I have made and play them to the best of my ability not ponder over what I should be doing when I KNOW what I need to be doing.

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    plvling has changed the game, there's no disputing that. But the topic seems to be whether or not people are tired of plvlers. Two completely different things.

And we're talking PvP/TW here. Anybody can do a PvE instance, but you better know how to pk.
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    im sick of low levels claiming they got all this skill but get 1 shot anyways. hurry up and get to lvl 100
    edited October 2011
    well I didn`t want the question to be the same as the title...and as for PvP and TW it`s just a huge pissing contest!! I am talking about PvE for the record.

• MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    we all facepalm the plvlers...i think its funny at how much people would spend in plvl, such a ripoff.

As an experiment i asked a plvl runner what lvl i would come out if i plvl my archer from 48 (BR-end) and he said 51...i laughed so hard it wasnt funny. as i went on to do some quests, BH, CS, i came out at lvl 51 and it didnt cost me 800k...think of the gears u could be saving up for.

Yeah down on powerlevellers. Thats why I jumped from 50-52 on my archer doing the hidden lvl 50quest at 1k streams then straight after did my fb51 with the new warmonk quest..... hang on - isnt that pwr levelling too?

Not having a go at the OP nor at you Njdragon, but i think cs, bh, wq, hypers and others are all ways of pwr levelling - not just FC. Either dont do any at all yourselves, or dont complain about others that choose to do them.
  • rosevoid
    rosevoid Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    One thing it's changed that I find really annoying:

FCC

I use to have fun going into full fcc squads, as a barb gathers a whole hall and I BB watching the aoes fly around. Now the groups I find, the Barb/Tank cant handle more than 2 sets of mobs because they power leveled way to much and their gear is pathetic.

Also, almost every squad wants to glitch the second boss fight or goons and it's always my word against theirs so I just leave. Then they start gnawing at me for ditching them.
  • xrogzielx
    xrogzielx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011

On this note....I'm a sin Born from lvl 1 not power lvl'd and i see these plvl's talkin sht on WC all day couse they pk some 1....hows this...take off ur r9+12 CS bought sht n take me with my gear on....lvl 100 r8(earned) +3 with perf shards....see how well ur plvl'd SKILLZ r then..plain and simple they got no clue wtf n-e of their skills or for ...if they cant 2 spark u invisi n kill u they stealth n hide till ur on another mob/boss

not too long ago i was in a lil battle with some random ppl who needed 12+ ppl my lvl to put me in SZ...why am i tht bad azz...or do they just suck tht much??
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    xrogzielx wrote: »
    On this note....I'm a sin Born from lvl 1 not power lvl'd and i see these plvl's talkin sht on WC all day couse they pk some 1....hows this...take off ur r9+12 CS bought sht n take me with my gear on....lvl 100 r8(earned) +3 with perf shards....see how well ur plvl'd SKILLZ r then..plain and simple they got no clue wtf n-e of their skills or for ...if they cant 2 spark u invisi n kill u they stealth n hide till ur on another mob/boss

not too long ago i was in a lil battle with some random ppl who needed 12+ ppl my lvl to put me in SZ...why am i tht bad azz...or do they just suck tht much??

I hate to be an ***, but... you didn't "earn" R8. You bought it for about 1/10th its actual cost. R8 is the gear equivalent of powerleveling, because in much the same way you're achieving something quicker and cheaper than it should actually take.

I don't care how people level honestly, if they suck I kick them. Plain and simple. As long as you can play your class then it's all good.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Probably a bad thread to talk about my power-lvl'd cleric with r8. Figured after I gave it r8, I'll learn how to play it.

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-