Buff Begging

Options
Rev - Dreamweaver
Rev - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Barbarian
So as an old timer who fairly recently found his way back, I have been working through all the changes good and bad.
But I am curious when did it become common place to beg barbs for the barb buffs?
This never happened to me before and now its a daily happening.
Post edited by Rev - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• _Grandpa - Raging Tide
    _Grandpa - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I have only one rule for that: don't buff unless it's a factionmember.

Sometimes people will follow, begging a lot...calling me 'moron' (<- actually a name of 1 of my alts..lol) but I will not buff. If the people can't stop whispering or become 'pissed' I sometimes use worldchat to leave a message for people in their faction, like "[name] needs help, [factionname] be helpful to your member".
  • kreslin
    kreslin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I was buffing from time to time. It depended of my mood. And how person was asking. If politely, i did it. If in a way, like i owed him something, i didn't. In this case i was called a moron some day, and i stopped doing this.
  • Rev - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I just find it odd now that in the past while of course people mainly party members would enjoy the barb buffs I was never begged repeatedly for the buffs. The over and over again begging just seems a bit much to me, and I have yet to be followed or insulted.

Maybe we should start a pricing schedule. 10k per buff, payable in advance, or something like that.
  • rgog
    rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    You are seeing this more often because people are power leveling solo and the barb buff makes a big difference, especially when soloing instances. I would say charge 100k for the buff. I simply made a barb alt for the buff and I liked playing him so much that I got him to lvl 83 now!!
  • Watain - Raging Tide
    Watain - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I used to stand around Snowy Village screaming "Selling Demon Barb Buffs!" for the lols... Unfortunately noone replied b:cry

But yeah, the constant buffing is annoying. Try walking through West Archo on a weekend, every 2 minutes you get a new "buffme pl s" from some nab sin...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think its because more people are "soloing" but need a full squad's compliment of buffs to do it.

The ones that really annoy me or the random invites, and if you do join the squad on accident or curiousity you get "buff pls" after they have you in squad.

Typically I'll buff any cleric that wants barb buffs. I buff a few people who ask politely. But the people who "buffs" then send an invite, or just random invite or whatever... nope.

To discourage this go next to a tele stone or outside of TT and then afk. Maybe if people assume every barb they ask is afk and wont buff them they'll stop spamming. I enjoy coming back from afk and finding 10 blue messages from unknowns "Can I get buffs?"
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i never go west tele EVER and if i go i knew someone will ask this so soooo true no matter what serverb:shocked.

except archpb:shutup

and the inv are enooooying and the beeeeegiiiiingb:cry
  • Zaibeast - Archosaur
    Zaibeast - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Easy solution, ignore and decline the invitations b:victory
  • sinisterreprisal
    sinisterreprisal Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I agree faction members only..im tired of the constant asking...buff me,wanna duel?..ughh
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    if polite about it give them your buff if impolite then no.

i dont see what is with people and the "oo no there my buffs" attitude,

its just sad its not real and your losing nothing.

then again i guess if your a **** in real life it follows you wherever you go right
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It's not about being an ****, it's just that the people asking for those buffs are the same people that refuse to invite you to come along in a party. I personally don't mind buffing whenever I'm standing around not AFK and not in a party. It ticks my MP charm though, which is a nuisance. And yeah I realise an mp charm isn't exactly necessary on a barb, but I've found myself without MP in certain hectic situations where I forgot to use a potion so meh.
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It's not about being an ****, it's just that the people asking for those buffs are the same people that refuse to invite you to come along in a party. I personally don't mind buffing whenever I'm standing around not AFK and not in a party. It ticks my MP charm though, which is a nuisance. And yeah I realise an mp charm isn't exactly necessary on a barb, but I've found myself without MP in certain hectic situations where I forgot to use a potion so meh.

i understand if there going say to solo vana and want your buff, then kick you ty goodbye.

but there are alot of people now you ask for a buff swap and they send u "lol" or "hmmm i dont wanna give u them there mine sorry".

i think gone are the times of "party attitudes" and its mine mine solo mine mine, btw i have been known to ask for buffs and to even drop em 50k. yeah its not much but i think it goes a way to mana help.
  • Rev - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    In my case and what I was talking about when I started this thread was not someone coming up and saying " Hey there, can we swap buffs?"

This is what I get in my chat window. Most of the time I don't pay attention to chat window and only see it as I am flying away from what I was paying attention to.
    PlayerX: buffs??
    PlayerX: buffs ps???????
    PlayerX: Can I has buffs pls?????
    PlayerX: PLS PLS PLS PSL ????
    PlayerX: QQQQQQQQQ
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Rev: Hit lvl 89, get sage barb buffs (hp and attk), go to snowy and put "Selling SAGE BARB BUFF, 200k FOR BOTH!"

See how quick you make back your money XD
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rev - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Now that is an interesting idea.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Rarely do we see someone offering to trade buffs. People's self centeredness shows through even when a trade offer would better manipulate people.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    Rarely do we see someone offering to trade buffs. People's self centeredness shows through even when a trade offer would better manipulate people.

How true.

When asked for buffs by a random my standard reply is: "Do I know you?"

If I don't know them or their alts, or they're not in any faction that my alts are in....NO BUFFS!
    If I do know them, or they're in my faction...no problem, buff away.

When on my archer I don't ask nor get asked for buffs. When on my Sin if I want buffs my question is always...."Trade buffs?"

But yes, it's getting really annoying...especially running through the cube, west arch, 1K, Snowy...etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lol, the main reason I play "AFK" on this BM or my sin:

"Buff me."
    "Buff me."
    "Buff me."
    "Buff me."
    "Buff me."
    "Buff me."
    "Buff me."
    "Buff me."
    "Buff me."
    "Buff me."
    "BUFF ME DAMmIT!"
    "Buff me."
    "Buff me."
    "Buff me."
    "Buff me."

>_>
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Honestly ... I wished AoE buffs were useable out of party. ^ ^; less hassle.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Easy solution, ignore and decline the invitations b:victory

Zailbeast and Fuzzy think alike...
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Options
    just make our buff self centered and make them 5% higher b:pleased.

i mean seriusly barb nowday have seldowm much to do unless u swap ur build for aps
    like some say ur leeching on them.

just make our buff self centered i am sure them sin bm can solo there thing just fine
    i do not like the idea we most of the barb population have become nothing but buff w hores.

once open a time our class was great now its all about speed and sparking i might not
    we a vit build but STR barb but it still mean i only use my axes liek it was sopused to.

is there any ways to make our buff self centered just a bit stronger i am sure cleric wouldent mind stronger self buffs.

in the whole time seeker been out i have goten what 3 seeker buff when i buff them
    so seeker aint getting any that is my motto b:laugh
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Maybe some people refuse to buff because they are charmed and don't want to tick their charm every time a random player asks for a buff.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Options
    its ppl wanting our buff for there own personal things not to have us in there party so why should we care.

beside barb class been nerfed enough as is i would prefer our buff where just self centered on us and a bit more stronger instead like 5%
  • Zaibeast - Archosaur
    Zaibeast - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think barbs should be able to swing their axes 5 times a second b:shutup
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i think u should stop thinking aps and make devs make new skill do 1000% more damage
    that would we the end of apsb:pleased.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ghoul your arguments fail so bad man...

How can you think a selfecentered buff and an upgraded effect would make any good to your fellow axes-only barbs ?

Nowadays axes-only barbs are almost all BUFF HOES for aps farming alts or just used for cata pulling.

Making the buff only active on yourself would make it almost impossible for old school barbs to get into a squad at endgame, not even for BHs.

Why dont you think before you speak ?

@OP: i dont care about ppl asking for buffs. Ive never been stalked honestly, so a person asking for a buff doesnt bother me.

Im actually very happy to give away my demon buffs every time some1 ask. For example before starting a cube run i ask if any1 wants my buffs or when into bored rooms of cube i go from person to person handing in my buffs, just cuz i like to do it.

I dont see this annoing part you are all suffering, if you give you will recieve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I only buff fac mates and some people on FL. Randoms asking get denied squad invites and ignored pm's. They don't know level 11 buffs take up all my mana...Takes me an hour to meditate it back b:cry
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I only buff fac mates and some people on FL. Randoms asking get denied squad invites and ignored pm's. They don't know level 11 buffs take up all my mana...Takes me an hour to meditate it back b:cry

syko selfish b:chuckle
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

Take in account that exchanging buffs will make you save more pots than those u you spend without em.

exchange with clerics and you wont spend hp/mana pot

exchange with sins and you wont use hp pot (not like we need)

exchange with BM and you will save some hp pot

exchange with archer and you will spend less time travelling and get hit less
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Take in account that exchanging buffs will make you save more pots than those u you spend without em.

exchange with clerics and you wont spend hp/mana pot

exchange with sins and you wont use hp pot (not like we need)

exchange with BM and you will save some hp pot

exchange with archer and you will spend less time travelling and get hit less

Not really, they only ask me for buffs when I'm doing nothing in town. I won't be putting their buffs to any use b:chuckle

Just buffed some random person right now, made me think of this thread again :P Got some lovely bm def buff I'll waste now b:surrender