Just a simple question For a GM

xplatanomangu
xplatanomangu Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
why is the game so expensive? 47-50 dollars for Wing Trophy well i guess if ppl keep buying stuff the prices will never goes down
Post edited by xplatanomangu on

Comments

• bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    GMs have no power over the prices of items sold by other players. The only powers that PWE have in terms of sale prices is the stuff sold in the boutique.
  • Dominikno - Heavens Tear
    Dominikno - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    bearyflair wrote: »
    GMs have no power over the prices of items sold by other players. The only powers that PWE have in terms of sale prices is the stuff sold in the boutique.

thank you about the price of the gold??? would you pay 30 dollars for a frk pig? i know some ppl do but come on prices are too high, why you think players ask for a lot of money for a item cz the gold is to o expensive
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    You don't have to charge zen... You can still make money by merchanting and farming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    My point of view remains that GEAR should have never been available in boutique/packs.

Look at the huge adventage a working person in real life has over one who doesn't/can't...

Someone works 20 hours a week at 8$/hour say. Let's go extreme and say that person buys 150$ worth of packs per 2 weeks. That's alot of chances to get something good whitout investing "in game" effort (not dicthing the outside game one). Could ALL be tokens too, but..

Take someone new to game, totally new. That sees someone pull out Wing Trophys/Best Lucks and whatnot. That person will get discouraged when will see the price tag.

Not everyone yet is a payer in this game, not everyone yet wants to rush to end game.

Now everyone, just take 1 minute, just 1. And think about this :

- You barely started
    - You can't put cash in for "x" reason
    - You kill a mob and get 100 coins if lucky
    - You see all day people selling things at 25 mils +, some at 70 mils and even some at 200 mils+
    - You see people world chat that "bouhou, my 1 sockets + 10 nirvy wep is fail", then find out cost.

How do you think you would feel ? You would probably get discouraged and just quit. It is not healthy for a game to squeeze out too much too fast from players whitout giving them something to look to.

They will soon bring out R9 for seekers..Will that help them more get into Nirvana ? Doubt it. Does a seeker that doesn't PvP/TW really need better then R8/+10 to kill most mobs in game ? Nope.

So what's with most people putting 1000's of $ in game, to rush to 105, get R9 and then sit at bank and go "Ohh i'm so OP, but i'm so bored" You all know by now there's no other end game content coming except "maybe" new rooms in guild base. Else what ? I wanted to put more in game lately, but deicided it's not worth it. I fixed myself a max per month and if I get more it's through Zen offers. China takes a eternity to bring their stuff here, people are getting pissed, eager for changes and what might the "casual" players get ? "Ohh a dolphin for my barb !!"

GM's can't do anything, they more or less influence pack sales. It IS the players that set gold price and item price. As much as it is random, someone CAN get a Lunar Cape in 1 pack (for 0.40$), and then turns around and sells for 70-75 mils on my server... hello ?? That's how much % profit ?? 40 cents for someone who works is like 5 mins of work. Take someone who doesn't work, is lvl 90 and go tell him/her to farm 70-75 mils in dq items or in TT when all high level merchants/cs'ers hang together and coudn't care less ??
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
    edited October 2011
    My point of view remains that GEAR should have never been available in boutique/packs.

Look at the huge adventage a working person in real life has over one who doesn't/can't...

Someone works 20 hours a week at 8$/hour say. Let's go extreme and say that person buys 150$ worth of packs per 2 weeks. That's alot of chances to get something good whitout investing "in game" effort (not dicthing the outside game one). Could ALL be tokens too, but..

Take someone new to game, totally new. That sees someone pull out Wing Trophys/Best Lucks and whatnot. That person will get discouraged when will see the price tag.

Not everyone yet is a payer in this game, not everyone yet wants to rush to end game.

- You barely started
    - You see all day people selling things at 25 mils +, some at 70 mils and even some at 200 mils+
    - You see people world chat that "bouhou, my 1 sockets + 10 nirvy wep is fail", then find out cost.

How do you think you would feel ? You would probably get discouraged and just quit. It is not healthy for a game to squeeze out too much too fast from players whitout giving them something to look to.

They will soon bring out R9 for seekers..Will that help them more get into Nirvana ? Doubt it. Does a seeker that doesn't PvP/TW really need better then R8/+10 to kill most mobs in game ? Nope.

So what's with most people putting 1000's of $ in game, to rush to 105, get R9 and then sit at bank and go "Ohh i'm so OP, but i'm so bored" You all know by now there's no other end game content coming except "maybe" new rooms in guild base. Else what ? I wanted to put more in game lately, but deicided it's not worth it. I fixed myself a max per month and if I get more it's through Zen offers. China takes a eternity to bring their stuff here, people are getting pissed, eager for changes and what might the "casual" players get ? "Ohh a dolphin for my barb !!"

GM's can't do anything, they more or less influence pack sales. It IS the players that set gold price and item price. As much as it is random, someone CAN get a Lunar Cape in 1 pack (for 0.40$), and then turns around and sells for 70-75 mils on my server... hello ?? That's how much % profit ?? 40 cents for someone who works is like 5 mins of work. Take someone who doesn't work, is lvl 90 and go tell him/her to farm 70-75 mils in dq items or in TT when all high level merchants/cs'ers hang together and coudn't care less ??

you just made a good point
  • Envelope - Raging Tide
    Envelope - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2011

- You barely started

I totally agree with you. This nicely illustrates where the management of the game went wrong. Of course they have to make profit from their games, but that doesn't change the fact they could have updated and expanded their game without completely destroying all balance it used to have (class balance pve and pvp wise, difficulty of content, cs/non-cs and so on).

About the new players... you didn't even mention the best part, which is high-level players that hear the newbies QQ about prices, and just tell them it's ok because they can merchant to rank 9 in 1-2 years, which is "a reasonable amount of time to get end-game gear". Guess why there aren't many new players around anymore. SP is just the tip of the iceberg b:cold
  • ClawCrusher - Sanctuary
    ClawCrusher - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    why is the game so expensive? 47-50 dollars for Wing Trophy well i guess if ppl keep buying stuff the prices will never goes down

The game isnt expensive its FREE you just choose to make it expensive
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Envelope - Raging Tide
    Envelope - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The game isnt expensive its FREE you just choose to make it expensive

I guess the original question is slightly off the mark then, it should be more like "Why is gear in this game so expensive?"
  • dfdfdfdfdfds
    dfdfdfdfdfds Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2011

- You barely started

3 options:

1. Get a job and you can afford to spend a bit of extra cash on your hobbies/interests no matter what they be.
    2. Get an education and you won't have to spend a single cent on this game, yet have everything you want.
    3. Play for fun and don't worry about your items if you're in the process of the first two options. ie. kids
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I totally agree with you. This nicely illustrates where the management of the game went wrong. Of course they have to make profit from their games, but that doesn't change the fact they could have updated and expanded their game without completely destroying all balance it used to have (class balance pve and pvp wise, difficulty of content, cs/non-cs and so on).

About the new players... you didn't even mention the best part, which is high-level players that hear the newbies QQ about prices, and just tell them it's ok because they can merchant to rank 9 in 1-2 years, which is "a reasonable amount of time to get end-game gear". Guess why there aren't many new players around anymore. SP is just the tip of the iceberg b:cold

Do you think they don't know it? Of course they do. But most important for them is money not players satisfaction. They don't care about long time players. They want to make players lv. +100 as fast as possible and suck as much as possible money from them. They don't care, that these players became boring and quit. They already have their money so they don't care. And circle is closed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I think a better question is- why is power for sale in the first place?
  • RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Because people like the easy way out...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    3 options:

1. Get a job and you can afford to spend a bit of extra cash on your hobbies/interests no matter what they be.

There's no jobs in my town, it's a small 5k people town and if I would work , i woudn't spend as much as some do on a free game

2. Get an education and you won't have to spend a single cent on this game, yet have everything you want.

I have my high school diploma since 1991, and my janitoring course and some accounting credits, there's just nothing to be fuond here

3. Play for fun and don't worry about your items if you're in the process of the first two options. ie. kids

I'm not a kid, i'm 37, I do play for fun, but how fun is it to pass all day online solo cause no one requires ur help cause ur not R8 ?

Answers in quote.
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i bouth my r8 and my r9 gear so i could somewhat compete with the interval as a STR barb.
    you tell me how fun it s to hear how some free player who spend 0 gold have r9 and all that sht all +12.

farmer made the choice for me as they only care to kill the game to with interval
    so dont go blaming all on the cash shopper ppl in general are greedy not the cash shopper only.

if i culd i would sell gold for 3 milj the least and that is low as its my money off 1,2milj is cheap nowdaysb:angry
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    So wait, this topic somehow got diverted from someone complaining that player-controlled items have too high a price to people complaining about Gold being too expensive?

Well, firstly, the prices for items that come from packs isn't really something GMs can control. After all, that would require that the prices actually had some kind of proper correlation with their rarity, which they obviously don't.

Also, GMs that we see here have nothing to do with the sales in the game. The GMs we get to see on the forum are mostly Community Manager, Tech Support and Billing. The first is just a glorified complaints receiver, the second deals with issues running the game and the third deals with transfers of real money from the accounts of the player to their account in the game. None of them have anything at all to do with what goes on sale in the boutique and for what price.

Also, if you look at PWE's history, they've made some really bad and really good moves. For example, they adjusted the price on the General Summer's Sale after a day to 10% of the original. They also took out the ridiculously cheap +11 and +12 Orbs after a day of being in the boutique. Obviously, they have some kind of grasp of what goes on in the game. Though, it's highly likely that the people who deal with the boutique items aren't actually dealing with the items themselves and the reasons for their sought-afterness, but rather with "sale" and the changes in amounts of zen charged.

On the other hand, the players are profit-oriented. They'll sell whatever is in the boutique to someone else at the very highest price someone is willing to buy. Of course, a proper salesman, or a merchant as they're called, takes into account the time it took to sell and the quantity sold to assess whether their pricing is too high, too low or within "acceptable" range. Majority of people who buy the packs in the game do it for no real reason. They aren't aiming for profit, otherwise the items in the packs would change prices according to gold prices and pack sales, which they don't.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i bouth my r8 and my r9 gear so i could somewhat compete with the interval as a STR barb.
    you tell me how fun it s to hear how some free player who spend 0 gold have r9 and all that sht all +12.

farmer made the choice for me as they only care to kill the game to with interval
    so dont go blaming all on the cash shopper ppl in general are greedy not the cash shopper only.

if i culd i would sell gold for 3 milj the least and that is low as its my money off 1,2milj is cheap nowdaysb:angry

well thats your problem not players. You just did not have the patience to farm like non cash shoppers. I might be biased but cash shoppers want something straight away they have no patience to farm everything. Cash shoppers aren't greedy they're just too impatient and feel they have to buy their new toys straight off when it comes out.
    edited October 2011
    well all i have to say is that this game its all about money...ppl are saying to go farm to make money...farming from lvl 1 to lvl 90 i have made less than 7 mil, so how the hell am i gonna buy a 60m robe if i dont spent some real money i better play call of duty or any other game,i cant believe that pwi is asking 30gold for a pig
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    bearyflair wrote: »

which indirectly the Wing Trophy: Lunar Glade is sold in the Boutique via Easy Rider Packs and similar packs. The price of the Wing Trophy: Lunar Glade is based upon the rarity of the chance of pulling that particular item from the boutique packs.
    thank you about the price of the gold??? would you pay 30 dollars for a frk pig? i know some ppl do but come on prices are too high, why you think players ask for a lot of money for a item cz the gold is to o expensive

The idea behind that particular Mount, was that it was a limited time only mount. And that only the people who spent said 30 dollars on the mount or people who buy it from people who spent 30 dollars on said mount will ever be able to obtain said mount. There will be others like it next friday and the following friday, hopefully they will also be a little more appealing than a glorified warthog, but the point is that it is supposed to be a sign of someone who cares a great deal for this game.
    Someone works 20 hours a week at 8$/hour say. Let's go extreme and say that person buys 150$ worth of packs per 2 weeks.

If someone is willing to spend just under half of their total income prior to taxes, groceries, and other necessities for two weeks on a video game... then they are either a fool or begging to go homeless in a little under a few months time. So I am not all that concerned about this kind of heavy spender.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • SNuppzH - Harshlands
    SNuppzH - Harshlands Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If u don't want 2 waste ur food money on a game u can, either play privat server = (get all free) or play another game.

yeah , most of those who made online games, are afther money not players happyness. its selfish world, its true u have 2 deal w it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SNuppzH lvl 101 Sage Venomancer.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    well thats your problem not players. You just did not have the patience to farm like non cash shoppers. I might be biased but cash shoppers want something straight away they have no patience to farm everything. Cash shoppers aren't greedy they're just too impatient and feel they have to buy their new toys straight off when it comes out.

sure ill stop cash shopping when i see no more aps and i mean no aps but real skill spamming in this pwi cos from my point of view if i BARB is not aps i wouldent even we inv
    to a farm party and no i wont sell myself to this bullsht aps ****.

i buy what i need and sell gold as high as i can to make up for not farming ti ty all u ***** uup farmers.

ps i dont need ur sht while u need my goldb:bye get it

kill interval and i stop cash shopping
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2011

sure ill stop cash shopping when i see no more aps and i mean no aps but real skill spamming in this pwi cos from my point of view if i BARB is not aps i wouldent even we inv

i buy what i need and sell gold as high as i can to make up for not farming ti ty all u ***** uup farmers.

I think i hit a nerveb:chuckle
  • Tallain_ - Heavens Tear
    Tallain_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2011

how is it posible your first paragraph was bout perfect and the rest... i read it 3X still don't get half of it. Course i can't stop yawning (not joking i'm sleepy) lol
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Wow! What language is that?
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    back when i still played this game i would tell myself "you make 11.50/hour, so it makes way more sense to cash shop than to level a sin and spend hundred of hours of farming."

thats just what we're supposed to think. the pve farming in this game is amazingly boring, so its basically work. But if i cash shop, im still working for my money, but instead of farming for myself, im farming cash for pwe.

its genius really. ive heard so many people say they cash shop because they have no time. honestly if you have no time, and your next logical step is to dump cash into a game, maybe you should find another hobby. i mean, the fact that the "72 gold r8" is CHEAP amazes me.

human greed will forever make cash shop games burn out quickly. The whole goal of a cash shop game is to have players have fun as long as they spend money. the concept of a p2p game is for the player base to enjoy the game enough to want to continue subscribing.

TLR version: this game either takes too much time, or too much money. neither one of those options sound fun to me.
  • Inflictia - Raging Tide
    Inflictia - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    CS keeps PWi F2P...

Well, kinda.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    how is it posible your first paragraph was bout perfect and the rest... i read it 3X still don't get half of it. Course i can't stop yawning (not joking i'm sleepy) lol

Cuz that 1st paragraph is not his...it's quoted. LOL

Btw,

Farmers are usually patient and greedy

Csers are usually impatient and greedy

Merchants are both.

Can you see a common point in this matter ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    WOOOOT EVERYONE'S GREEDY! b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    WOOOOT EVERYONE'S GREEDY! b:victoryb:victoryb:victory

I'm not. b:victory

Player greed is what ruins great mmos. PWI is no exception. I'd have things in the game to prevent players ability to be greedy if I made my own mmo.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Player greed is what ruins great mmos. PWI is no exception. I'd have things in the game to prevent players ability to be greedy if I made my own mmo.

Come... to the dark sidee b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • Fulcanelli - Raging Tide
    Fulcanelli - Raging Tide Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Zoe if you make your own mmo invite me b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]