Phantom Bid Glitch

Options

Comments

• Shiori__ - Sanctuary
    Shiori__ - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    *bump*

Fix this GMs. Soon. Or give us a solution so we can get to do TWs. In any case do something that gives results, don't let it be for days and days cause those turn into weeks and then months.

Like someone said we are a TW faction, and because of this glitch we could be badly affected.

I mean this glitch is pretty serious if its not gonna let people TW properly.

So please give us a reply about it soon.
    It's been a week b:surrender
  • Jandira - Sanctuary
    Jandira - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    People rage all over the forums about how GMs don't care.

Really sux when it gets proved to be true.

Come on guys, give us something! As has been said before, a TW faction can't remain a TW faction if they can't TW.

Even though there's probably plenty of certain peeps laughing their backsides off over this, eventually it will even get boring for them too.

b:sad
  • Sudqi - Sanctuary
    Sudqi - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    b:surrender

too bad for not join TW this week :/ hope this fixed soon and hope next time GM get faster reaction to solve some glitch ASAP .. TW come only once /2 peer week u know how its hard to wait another week for it XD ..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*signature made by Xiaimine b:victory
  • Sakura_rose - Sanctuary
    Sakura_rose - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I heard there was a simple fix to this from GMs on other servers. T.T But seriously. With all these complications that keep popping up. You guys need more people or something. You're just gonna get overflow of tickets and ignoring them isn't what customer service is about. Right now you guy's customer service is below good. :/
  • Darkpiper - Sanctuary
    Darkpiper - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    This is ridicules GMs i am absolutely appalled by your lack of interest on this matter. it needs to be resolved soon or you might find yourself losing 200+ donators. If they can't TW then there is no point in bothering to charge zen to better their gear.
  • _Nukey_ - Sanctuary
    _Nukey_ - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If the land of Great Lake is indeed "glitched" or whatever is going on then try to bid on some other land next week until you have confirmation that it has been fixed. Don't want anyone to flee beacuse of no TWs. b:shocked
  • PinkyMe - Sanctuary
    PinkyMe - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If the land of Great Lake is indeed "glitched" or whatever is going on then try to bid on some other land next week until you have confirmation that it has been fixed. Don't want anyone to flee beacuse of no TWs. b:shocked

Did u actually read the post? We CANT bid anywhere else, since that phantom bid says its made by us in Legendary

From what i remember, 3 weeks ago we got outbid on that land (by a fake bid), and GM's removed the fake bid. Since then that land have been glitched and GM's cant do shet about fixing it it seems.

Someone correct me if im wrong.
  • _Nukey_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Did u actually read the post? We CANT bid anywhere else, since that phantom bid says its made by us in Legendary

From what i remember, 3 weeks ago we got outbid on that land (by a fake bid), and GM's removed the fake bid. Since then that land have been glitched and GM's cant do shet about fixing it it seems.

Someone correct me if im wrong.

I assumed that the glitch happens after you try to bid on Grate Lake so if you bid on any other lands it should be ok. If the glitch is just your faction on any land then its another story.
  • Papinjo - Sanctuary
    Papinjo - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I assumed that the glitch happens after you try to bid on Grate Lake so if you bid on any other lands it should be ok. If the glitch is just your faction on any land then its another story.

If you actually read what Skutty wrote,you would notice WE CANT BID AT ALL,simply when bidding starts it automaticly says we attacked Great Lake which we didnt(which makes us not being able to attack anywhere else) and then upon the bidding end it dissapears...
    Already 2nd week we arent able to tw cause of this.,...

Any response from Gms when can we expect something be done about this <.<?
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    fix it pls x.x dammit i was all up for this weekend awesume tw but no tw D=< GRR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Fenora - Sanctuary
    Fenora - Sanctuary Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    you people that "work" for PWI are freaking pathetic!!! can i get a job with pw Id LOVE to get paid to sit on my azz and do NOTHING
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I know!!! Lose Wellspring Village, can't bid on Great Lake then b:chuckle

In all seriousness, BS that even with advance warning, GMs can't be bothered to check. Good Luck
  • _Nukey_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If you actually read what Skutty wrote,you would notice WE CANT BID AT ALL,simply when bidding starts it automaticly says we attacked Great Lake which we didnt(which makes us not being able to attack anywhere else) and then upon the bidding end it dissapears...
    Already 2nd week we arent able to tw cause of this.,...

Any response from Gms when can we expect something be done about this <.<?

That is explained better I get it now, the bid is already there as soon as bidding system starts. I was thinking it could've been after trying to bid on that particular land resulting in a glitch.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nope, this is the second week now that apparently LG has placed a bid according to the system, yet no actual bid is logged when TW bidding closes. They are literally trapped for now o.o

On that note, I would also like a job as a PWI GM. I think I am overly qualified for the position because I already work really hard at my current job, so I think I am more than capable of pretending to do a lot of work and getting paid for it ;D
  • TnTn - Sanctuary
    TnTn - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nope, this is the second week now that apparently LG has placed a bid according to the system, yet no actual bid is logged when TW bidding closes. They are literally trapped for now o.o

On that note, I would also like a job as a PWI GM. I think I am overly qualified for the position because I already work really hard at my current job, so I think I am more than capable of pretending to do a lot of work and getting paid for it ;D

PWI GM/CM Job Application

Name
    Do we care about the players of our games? yes or no
    here is a scene. a user has a problem what do you do first

A.) take care of it
    B.) act busy and hope he forgets his problem and charges more
  • LiQQy - Sanctuary
    LiQQy - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Might as well just give the leader of a faction the ability to place more than 1 bid a week.
    Should be pretty simple and since no actions will be taken for fake bidding it doesnt matter anyways how many times someone bids.
  • Kleiron - Sanctuary
    Kleiron - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    *bump*

you realise, PWE, its pathetic to have 1 mod and 1 GM having answered this allmost 1 day ago and nothing more...
    1+1+1=/=3.... at least in this case

at least have some balls and show yoursleves b:sad
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Apparently you have to do like Allisandre and spam all of the forums in large letters.

Yeah I got that account banned on the forums for 24 hours, but at least it finally got someone to do something. It's pretty pathetic that we have to stoop to such measures to get any kind of response.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    We're looking into and we plan to monitor it if and when it happens next week.

So far we've been unable to reproduce the issue on our test server.
  • Skuttlebut - Sanctuary
    Skuttlebut - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    When it does happen again next week will there be GM assistance in game to resolve it so that my faction can actually place a bid or will we be refused the right to place a bid yet again while you "work" on the problem?
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    WTB> TW bid stone b:sad - If we can't TW next weekend it is the 4th weekend in a row we couldn't bid. I'ld suggest to have a look on Sanctuary next week if it can't reproduced on the testserver by then. b:cold
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Papinjo - Sanctuary
    Papinjo - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    We're looking into and we plan to monitor it if and when it happens next week.

So far we've been unable to reproduce the issue on our test server.

Can i suggest that some gm be online on our server exactly when bidding starts so that you can see the bid WILL BE there,and that it needs to be fixed...
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It can't be reproduced because in both cases of the phantom bid glitches on our server, a bid blocker's bid was manually deleted, thus disrupting normal bidding processes. The deletion of the bid blocking faction sticks the previous faction's bid on the same land every week, as the system doesn't register that they were outbid anymore. Thus, it will continue to say they bid already unless another legit faction overbids that same land.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • LiQQy - Sanctuary
    LiQQy - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Can i suggest that some gm be online on our server exactly when bidding starts so that you can see the bid WILL BE there,and that it needs to be fixed...

+ Dont mess around in the TW bidding system and dont attempt to remove fake bids.
    You guys seem to have no experience with that.
    As you can see its causing only problems. Just punish people being involved in placing fake bids in future and keep the hands of anything else. Would be much appreciated.

Keep us updated... any progress... could you fix the problem on the test server... any ideas... solutions... anything at all...

*sigh* communication between the customer and employees of PWI needs to be improved...
  • Engeli - Sanctuary
    Engeli - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    FIX THIS PLS >.<

we cant do anything >.<
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    b:cry
    People keep telling me to go TW and I CAN'T. RAGE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It can't be reproduced because in both cases of the phantom bid glitches on our server, a bid blocker's bid was manually deleted, thus disrupting normal bidding processes. The deletion of the bid blocking faction sticks the previous faction's bid on the same land every week, as the system doesn't register that they were outbid anymore. Thus, it will continue to say they bid already unless another legit faction overbids that same land.

Ohh thats a good theory. So the fix would be to have a GM manually delete the record of the old bid on that land that was never removed properly.

EDIT: I thought I'd add some supporting evidence to the theory.

According to this post
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14857461&postcount=6779
    The land of the phantom bid "The Great Lake" was subject to a fake bid that was manually removed by GMs. Since then Legendary has been unable to bid. GMs need to investigate side effects from this apparently botched manual removal of a fake TW overbid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Jandira - Sanctuary
    Jandira - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Thank you non-LG people that care! At least there are others out there that can see the big picture. b:victory

Now, if only GM help doesn't come too late for us to bid. *sigh* b:sad
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    so ... if another faction bids (more) on great lakes will the problem be solved?

how much was bid on it ?
  • Chikers - Sanctuary
    Chikers - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    WTB Faction Customer Support Plan for LG b:surrenderb:cry