APS With Seekers?

_Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City
_Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
Does demon spark or interval not effect seekers attack rate? I hear people saying aps on seeker is useless... wraithgate cape bracers and nirvana pants are something right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Facebook.com/tangyfox
EX Legendary on Sanctuary
Moved to LC to PK
Post edited by _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City on

Comments

• PhantomThief - Archosaur
    PhantomThief - Archosaur Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It is something, but I think the main point is that Seekers can't get 4-5 APS, which is the only real reason to go APS.
    A sword can cut a man in twain, but words can shake a fortress to the ground.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Does demon spark or interval not effect seekers attack rate? I hear people saying aps on seeker is useless... wraithgate cape bracers and nirvana pants are something right?

It works just the same as every other melee class.

The only difference is that seeker have lower cap on APS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Magna - Harshlands
    Magna - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Seekers have a lower base attack rate on their weapons (swords), so they can't reach APS as high as other classes can.
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I made this table for my faction to see the effects of -interval on different weapon types:
    apstable.png

As single swords are 1.11 base speed, you can see that their attack speed will increase much slower than for example fists with extra interval gear. So the advantage is a lot smaller and will generally be outdone by simply spamming skills.

The most -interval you are likely to get from your gear is 0.45 or 0.55 (for archers / assassins). This however assumes a -0.10 on your weapon, which isn't available on any endgame swords I'm aware of. So you will be likely limited to 0.35 interval from your gear, leaving you with 2.50 APS when demon sparked and using some pretty expensive gear. For some of this gear you might be better off focusing on something more defensive (e.g. ornaments).
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I made this table for my faction to see the effects of -interval on different weapon types:
    apstable.png

As single swords are 1.11 base speed, you can see that their attack speed will increase much slower than for example fists with extra interval gear. So the advantage is a lot smaller and will generally be outdone by simply spamming skills.

The most -interval you are likely to get from your gear is 0.45 or 0.55 (for archers / assassins). This however assumes a -0.10 on your weapon, which isn't available on any endgame swords I'm aware of. So you will be likely limited to 0.35 interval from your gear, leaving you with 2.50 APS when demon sparked and using some pretty expensive gear. For some of this gear you might be better off focusing on something more defensive (e.g. ornaments).

actually due to the seeker "Weapon of the Sages" sword with -0.05, seekers can get up to 2.0 base / 2.86 sparked. still not worth it tho to go aps on a skill based class and just go with acc stashing seeker non class bound gear to a BM to farm ( or acc stash BM gear to seeker as a fac mate has done)

2.0 base / 2.86 sparked
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2011
    Guys, an APS seeker is just fail because a Seeker is a skill-based-class just like you don't see APS wizards or clerics.

A seeker will do more damage using skills than it will using autoattack and APS.

Quit trying to play it like some fail BM or Sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    actually with rank8 recasted gear a seeker can have 5aps with better damage then bm and also def lv buff until then its just fail i agree
  • CessiI - Dreamweaver
    CessiI - Dreamweaver Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    some interval never hurted anyone,

im not full interval builded, just happend to be that soem peaces of my gear have interval,

i also happen to have a upndown tome, and im a demon seeker

i think i hit 2.00 demon sparked, 2 hits a second, thats still pretty nasty,
  • Princess_Rya - Harshlands
    Princess_Rya - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I think its just boring making a APS Seeker too,well actualy every melee class go to APS like 4-5 APS (yeah included Archer) .. Seeker with ranged skill + APS in sword will be srsly OP b:bye
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    While seekers obviously can't get 5 aps, it would be wrong to discourage seekers from using -interval gear. In many cases, the -int stuff is better or as good as an alternative; e.g. tome, cape, pants. Also, while their white hits will never be on par with a sin or bm, having a higher attack rate also lets them build chi faster.

I would say going "full aps" build would be bad, because you would sacrifice defense in order to wear TT 99 LA gears, but using the aforementioned -int gears along with 2 pieces of 99 HA really doesn't seem "bad."
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Having aps gear is never bad. Just like having -channeling on a magic class(or on seekers too imo) is never bad to have.
    However you shouldn't gimp yourself trying to get max aps on a seeker.
    Like per example using the rank6 sword with -interval for endgame... Because it has interval ._."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I would say going "full aps" build would be bad, because you would sacrifice defense in order to wear TT 99 LA gears, but using the aforementioned -int gears along with 2 pieces of 99 HA really doesn't seem "bad."

Bah... I'm currently leveling a Seeker alt right now and plan to share all my BM's interval gear (including the two TT99 LA pieces) with him via account stash. Sure the interval stats are pretty much useless but at least the Seeker will benefit from all the money I spent on refining said armor.

As for "sacrificing" defense due to the mixture of HA and LA... again Bah... my BM tanks just about everything under the sun, thank you and he doesn't have the 50+ defense levels my Seeker will have (buffs + O'Malley's blessing) going for him.
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Bah... I'm currently leveling a Seeker alt right now and plan to share all my BM's interval gear (including the two TT99 LA pieces) with him via account stash. Sure the interval stats are pretty much useless but at least the Seeker will benefit from all the money I spent on refining said armor.

As for "sacrificing" defense due to the mixture of HA and LA... again Bah... my BM tanks just about everything under the sun, thank you and he doesn't have the 50+ defense levels my Seeker will have (buffs + O'Malley's blessing) going for him.

Yep, The Sun would totally one-shot you. b:chuckle

On-topic (maybe): Higher aps on a seeker means quicker chi building when vortex goes down. Vortex + Heart Shatter is going to do more damage than demon sparking 2aps (especially if comparing to sage vortex/HS with lvl 11 mastery and dual swords).

LA/HA combo is fine for seekers, especially in pve, the only time I'd disagree is if you're using LA ornaments for their aps boost. To me, -.05 int isn't worth the loss of elemental defense. Sure, if your armor is all +10 vit sharded you won't die much in PvE, but if you can afford that why not get some decent elemental ornaments and save yourself the charm ticks?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]