The Guide to Wizardry

Comments

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If you wait till the last sec it won't matter that it knocks them out.
    But yeah the range does fail.

Btw what's your genie skills? Jw cuz no fire affinity means no badge either right?
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    AsimM - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If you wait till the last sec it won't matter that it knocks them out.
    But yeah the range does fail.

Btw what's your genie skills? Jw cuz no fire affinity means no badge either right?

Lol yus. Part of the reason I fail is because my genie fails. b:laugh

My genie skills are: Holy Path, Absolute Domain, Expel, Extreme Poison, and Adrenalin Surge (for teh lulz on clerics).
    "I would say that the worst band ever, Black Eyed Peas, played at the 2011 Superbowl, but I couldn't possibly take that title away from Nickelback"

- Drew Flowers
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    Also, I took actually took time reading Adroit's long azz criticism post, and I do agree with something there. I wasn't open enough to actually call a tie on something. I'll go fix that in my freetime. b:chuckle
    "I would say that the worst band ever, Black Eyed Peas, played at the 2011 Superbowl, but I couldn't possibly take that title away from Nickelback"

- Drew Flowers
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    Last buncha comments edited. DaKillanator's guide link added to endgame section, and Use of Emberstorm #4 added. Enjoy!

- Drew Flowers
  • dthk11er3
    dthk11er3 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    So overall wizard is the best?!?!?!?
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    dthk11er3 wrote: »
    So overall wizard is the best?!?!?!?

Wizard is the best at almost nothing. It's fun though. Where's the challenge at playing the class that is the best?
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • kitt77
    kitt77 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Having read this thread, i believe being a wizard maybe the most challenging form in PW. Whilst im only a youngster lv36 wizard who stands amongst giants. I no in time i will become a formidable opponent for anyone in game. Wizardry is an art form that requires patience, skill and the ability on the players behalf to listen and learn from those at the top. I for one am loving it, the advise is a good blueprint for anyone starting out thank you to all... Have fun!
    edited November 2011
    kitt77 wrote: »
    Having read this thread, i believe being a wizard maybe the most challenging form in PW. Whilst im only a youngster lv36 wizard who stands amongst giants. I no in time i will become a formidable opponent for anyone in game. Wizardry is an art form that requires patience, skill and the ability on the players behalf to listen and learn from those at the top. I for one am loving it, the advise is a good blueprint for anyone starting out thank you to all... Have fun!

Reminds me of myself from 2 years ago b:pleased

If you play on RT send me a pm, I might be able to help you out b:thanks
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited November 2011

1) Killanator ish nub. Don't even dare pm him. Pm a R9 +12 wizards who'll teach you how to oneshot everyone w/o skill anyway. b:laugh

2) Killanator, you WOULD have post #69. Kinky ****. b:dirty

- Drew Flowers
    edited November 2011
    1) Killanator ish nub. Don't even dare pm him. Pm a R9 +12 wizards who'll teach you how to oneshot everyone w/o skill anyway. b:laugh

it's true, it's all true b:cry
    2) Killanator, you WOULD have post #69. Kinky ****. b:dirty

This must be a sign. Meet up at my place, 2am, don't bring pants b:dirty
    edited November 2011
    Having read this thread, i believe being a wizard maybe the most challenging form in PW.

Probably true.
    Whilst im only a youngster lv36 wizard who stands amongst giants. I no in time i will become a formidable opponent for anyone in game.

Oh boy. You're in for a rude awakening.
    Wizardry is an art form that requires patience, skill and the ability on the players behalf to listen and learn from those at the top.

Depends how you define "top".

Reminds me of you last week b:chuckle

Run.

Just . . . .

Run.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited November 2011
    Thank you for once again contributing. I'm sure that you picking apart his post was much more helpful than me extending an offering to help him should he play on my server.
  • Whitehch - Dreamweaver
    Whitehch - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Thank you for once again contributing. I'm sure that you picking apart his post was much more helpful than me extending an offering to help him should he play on my server.

Hello,

Just finished reading the replies to my post, i'd like to first thank you DaKillanator for your offer of help. I'm on the Dreamweaver server atm, and i've met few high level wizards (100+) in game. They have offered some advise. So any further advise or assistance your able to give would be appricated in future, should i move to the RT server. b:thanks

I like the idea of being able to 1 shot kill opponents. Which is what a wizard should be able to do anyway imo. How can you be a master of the Arcane (at lv 100+) and not be able to one shot kill?

Hopefully it's not how the game has been developed that you can't. Can someone shed any light on this? I know you can do it against lower level opponents but can you do it against opponents that are the same level?

Thanks again, and happy hunting.
    edited November 2011
    Hello,

Just finished reading the replies to my post, i'd like to first thank you DaKillanator for your offer of help. I'm on the Dreamweaver server atm, and i've met few high level wizards (100+) in game. They have offered some advise. So any further advise or assistance your able to give would be appricated in future, should i move to the RT server. b:thanks

I like the idea of being able to 1 shot kill opponents. Which is what a wizard should be able to do anyway imo. How can you be a master of the Arcane (at lv 100+) and not be able to one shot kill?

Hopefully it's not how the game has been developed that you can't. Can someone shed any light on this? I know you can do it against lower level opponents but can you do it against opponents that are the same level?

Thanks again, and happy hunting.

First of all, you're welcome b:cute

Second of all, on the subject of 1 shotting:
    In this game, gear is a big deal. So if your gear is much better than somebody else, then you could easily 1 shot somebody of the same level.

Now as for 1 shotting people of the same level and gear:
    1 shotting is a sort of misleading term. Usually a "1 shot" involves debuffing the target, getting their hp to about ~50%, and then hitting them with one of our ultimates. I know it's not as impressive as being able to downright 1 shot somebody from full health, but it's still nice to be able to finish somebody off without needing to tick their charm.
    edited November 2011

Ask around on your server for a wizard that knows what they are doing. See who the high ranked pvp wizards are on your server and ask them for help. I've never heard of one refusing to do that.

Its better than random thoughts from someone that seems so self-impressed.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Wow, DaKillanator is the new Adroit and BLOODMYSTIC is the new... BLOODMYSTIC . b:cute
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
    edited December 2011
    Wow, DaKillanator is the new Adroit and BLOODMYSTIC is the new... BLOODMYSTIC . b:cute

the one and only - often imitated, never duplicated.
    edited December 2011

Na, I don't get hard from thinking of genies b:avoid
    Now feMALE venos in skimpy fash? That's da ish right dur b:dirty
  • Fondlemore - Sanctuary
    Fondlemore - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Sweet guide! I've been looking for one to see which skills to prioritize on. Two of my faction members keep showing off with their fancy blue dragons and 1 hitting everything, so I decided to join in the fun.

There aren't enough wizards on Sanc anyway. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 for the sig, Silvy
    Jeremied - Sanctuary: I finally made a Wizzy because I just learned how to do that damned leaping quest at level 5! b:surrender
    I'm cheating on ArcHaven with NarnianHoar, b:quiet
  • sho0ortyzz
    sho0ortyzz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Ummm... excuse me but I am thinking about making a wizard. What would be the best build from the ones suggested?! ^~^
  • Fondlemore - Sanctuary
    Fondlemore - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    sho0ortyzz wrote: »
    Ummm... excuse me but I am thinking about making a wizard. What would be the best build from the ones suggested?! ^~^
    I'd go with the full magic build. You should end up killing things faster and get hit less, wearing up to date magic armor, and you can add citrine shards to your armor later to increase health a lot better than adding any vit will.

<_< I've never made an LA caster, and I don't plan to. All the Rank gear for caster classes is Arcane, most of the rewards are either Arcane or Heavy, and you'll be missing out on way too much damage and magic defense if you go LA and just end up spending money to reset your stats to wear Arcane anyway. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 for the sig, Silvy
    Jeremied - Sanctuary: I finally made a Wizzy because I just learned how to do that damned leaping quest at level 5! b:surrender
    I'm cheating on ArcHaven with NarnianHoar, b:quiet
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited December 2011
    I'd go with the full magic build. You should end up killing things faster and get hit less, wearing up to date magic armor, and you can add citrine shards to your armor later to increase health a lot better than adding any vit will.

<_< I've never made an LA caster, and I don't plan to. All the Rank gear for caster classes is Arcane, most of the rewards are either Arcane or Heavy, and you'll be missing out on way too much damage and magic defense if you go LA and just end up spending money to reset your stats to wear Arcane anyway. b:chuckle

Lol yah, what he said.

- Drew Flowers
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited December 2011
    GUIDE EDITED.

Chapter 2.5 added, about weapons and gear throughout the levels!

Enjoy!

-Your dear Asim.b:chuckle

- Drew Flowers
  • ChristianWiz - Archosaur
    ChristianWiz - Archosaur Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I LOVE THIS GUIDE IT MADE ME CRY, LAUGT AND ENJOY BEEN A WIZ IF IT WASEN'T FOR IT I WOUL'D HAVE DONE TERIBLE THINGS THANK YOU b:thanksb:victoryb:pleased

And btw can you discuss the new wizard skills read them in a other thread but forgot about it and dint understand it so if you could :D
    VIVI My inner Mage b:cool

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012

And btw can you discuss the new wizard skills read them in a other thread but forgot about it and dint understand it so if you could :D

First of all, I really appreciate your compliments. But concerning this portion right here, there aren't enough legit sources of information on the new wizard skills for me to include them in my guide. I could be proven wrong, if you send me a link, and I can summarize it in my guide.

- Drew Flowers
  • ChristianWiz - Archosaur
    ChristianWiz - Archosaur Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Ok No Prob Just Saying :D
    VIVI My inner Mage b:cool

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • duckyborna
    duckyborna Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Your guide is awesome. I mean..It's been like 2 years from last editing and it's still good. I chose pure mag build and I'm doing great, only when a couple of them swarms in...Then your screwed. But I'm only level 13 So later on I'll add some shards and stuff to increase my HP and anyways a great guide! BTW, I made him like Ron Weasley, do I get a cookie?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Light. Without it we are frozen. Respect light, because it gives life.
    -Light Bard
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    duckyborna wrote: »
    Your guide is awesome. I mean..It's been like 2 years from last editing and it's still good. I chose pure mag build and I'm doing great, only when a couple of them swarms in...Then your screwed. But I'm only level 13 So later on I'll add some shards and stuff to increase my HP and anyways a great guide! BTW, I made him like Ron Weasley, do I get a cookie?

Depends. If it's (Harry Potter 1) Ron Weasely, then no. If it's the new Ron Weasely, then yes. b:chuckle

- Drew Flowers
  • duckyborna
    duckyborna Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Depends. If it's (Harry Potter 1) Ron Weasely, then no. If it's the new Ron Weasely, then yes. b:chuckle

This is my character:

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h360/slika123/2012-01-1520-53-58.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Light. Without it we are frozen. Respect light, because it gives life.
    -Light Bard
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    duckyborna wrote: »

Very nice, you DO get a cookie. b:pleased

- Drew Flowers