Aps Qq

Joshcja - Sanctuary
Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
Never got it, vana is **** coin out of 2x as is tt these days.

for 30 mill I could roll on a new server and have a 20k hp tiger form sage barb useign nothing but +5 legendary gear and 3 socket g 7 shards. Find a static squad of friends to delta with an roughly 5 mill a run profit average. Merchant a mass item from every sale at a 5% profit on all my coin every week and make...

(52x5)(1.05^52) = 3.29 bill rounded up coin in a year. There you go full rank 9 +10-11 JOSD in a year without ever touching a set of claws. Thats not counting bh cube or grinding coin and assuming 3 hours of play a day or less.

Don't cry about 5 aps toons because your bad at making coin go find something to farm and make an alt cat

/rant
Gifs are hard to make work here
Post edited by Joshcja - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Your equation assumes you have that 5m weekly coin at the start of the year rather than spread out evenly throughout the year. That probably makes your result off by a factor of three or so. Also most would have problems trying to generate exponentially growing revenue after a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    3 bil is easily doable in a year.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    3 bil is easily do able in a year

i stopped reading after that fishie
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    3 bil is easily do able in a year

i stopped reading after that fishie

I don't farm much. It's boring and I hate it.

22 months I've been on HL I've gotten:

800 mil Nirvana axes +10 (33 rerolls QQ)
    200 mil Nirvana helm +10 (dropped in PK rofl)
    600 mil 5 Nirvana armor pieces +6
    200 mil cube neck +10
    1000 mil R9 ring, chest, boots, belt, wrists with 7-10 refine
    400 mil TT100 fists +10 (back when ocean was 50 gold)
    115 mil rest of interval gears
    ??? mil on level 11 skills
    300 mil on 3 r8s for alts
    ??? mil on wifey's R8/Nirvana gears
    ??? mil wasted opening ~4000 packs and not getting SoT
    1500 mil left to merchant with

And that's not much compare to other bigger merchants out there.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I don't farm much. It's boring and I hate it.

22 months I've been on HL I've gotten:

800 mil Nirvana axes +10 (33 rerolls QQ)
    200 mil Nirvana helm +10 (dropped in PK rofl)
    600 mil 5 Nirvana armor pieces +6
    200 mil cube neck +10
    1000 mil R9 ring, chest, boots, belt, wrists with 7-10 refine
    400 mil TT100 fists +10 (back when ocean was 50 gold)
    115 mil rest of interval gears
    ??? mil on level 11 skills
    300 mil on 3 r8s for alts
    ??? mil on wifey's R8/Nirvana gears
    ??? mil wasted opening ~4000 packs and not getting SoT
    1500 mil left to merchant with

And that's not much compare to other bigger merchants out there.
    kudos to those who farm.

i could never do such hassle =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Envelope - Raging Tide
    Envelope - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I have to admit i suck at making coins. I got zero talent for merchanting and when i try, i sometimes end up making a loss... don't ask me how i manage to do that. But even if i was better at it, i'd still wish for the game to offer me some content to actually work on my gear myself, be it alone or in groups. Yes, i would PREFER farming over merchanting. Are you telling me i have to merchant one year to buy end-game gear, just to realize that everything aside from pk'ing other people with the same gear is too easy and boring, so i can finally quit?

I have to agree on the APS part though. People that QQ about APS because they think they would be rich if APS wasn't available are probably wrong. However, that's not the real reason why APS is a problem... the problem is that it creates a class segregation going throughout the game. An example:

Random player in WC: "FC lvl 75-85 looking for aps DDs, pm class/aps"

Do i have to explain it any further? If your not APS you have more and more trouble getting in squads, even if they wouldn't really need APS at all. It started with Nirvana, but it doesn't stop there - its getting worse. If an APS DD can out-dps any ranged DD no matter how much better gear the ranged DD might have, something is wrong. Hell, i've seen a cleric with regicides equipped (forgot to take a screenshot, sadly, but you get the picture). If we ask the developers to balance this out, are we asking too much?
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Random player in WC: "FC lvl 75-85 looking for aps DDs, pm class/aps"
    Translates into : "FC squad that doesn't understand APS/DPS looking for Sin that thinks he's a god because he has -interval bracers and H&T"
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Translates into : "FC squad that doesn't understand APS/DPS looking for Sin that thinks he's a god because he has -interval bracers and H&T"

deal with it b:bye
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Your equation assumes you have that 5m weekly coin at the start of the year rather than spread out evenly throughout the year. That probably makes your result off by a factor of three or so. Also most would have problems trying to generate exponentially growing revenue after a while.

I was aware of this when I made the thread lol was too lazy to work out out an equation for both the exponential and linear gains

That said I also gave a horribly overstated number for the merchant income 5% a week with 5 mill? you can turn that over in an hour. so in all honesty depending on how skilled the player is it could be anywhere from 1 coin to 10+ billion. Figured the simple version would be enough to make my point.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    That's why you search google for an interest calculator.. this was first result
    http://www.moneychimp.com/calculator/compound_interest_calculator.htm
    Most real calculators actually have this as a built in function.

The actual figure for your numbers is around 1.2b... my guess was scary accurate heh.

I farmed that in a week of doubles, looks like i'll see everyone in 51 weeks to catch up. O.o

EDIT: wtf, how did my quote of asterelle get posted BEFORE ...... I don't even .....
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I was aware of this when I made the thread lol was too lazy to work out out an equation for both the exponential and linear gains

That said I also gave a horribly overstated number for the merchant income 5% a week with 5 mill? you can turn that over in an hour. so in all honesty depending on how skilled the player is it could be anywhere from 1 coin to 10+ billion. Figured the simple version would be enough to make my point.
    That's why you search google for an interest calculator.. this was first result
    http://www.moneychimp.com/calculator/compound_interest_calculator.htm
    Most real calculators actually have this as a built in function.

The actual figure for your numbers is around 1.2b... my guess was scary accurate heh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited October 2011

for 30 mill I could roll on a new server and have a 20k hp tiger form sage barb useign nothing but +5 legendary gear and 3 socket g 7 shards. Find a static squad of friends to delta with an roughly 5 mill a run profit average. Merchant a mass item from every sale at a 5% profit on all my coin every week and make...

(52x5)(1.05^52) = 3.29 bill rounded up coin in a year. There you go full rank 9 +10-11 JOSD in a year without ever touching a set of claws. Thats not counting bh cube or grinding coin and assuming 3 hours of play a day or less.

Don't cry about 5 aps toons because your bad at making coin go find something to farm and make an alt cat

/rant

+1
    Very good point.b:victory.

Although Right now i am bad at making coins, not because i cant find methods i just dont have the time to play that much pwi as i did around Last year. But yeah Merching takes time, but i am new but soon and hopefully soon it will pick up. I usually do it on weekends cause i can only leave my catshop on those days cause i am at home and can leave my computer on. Never tried daily AH merching with gold lol i have to be very very smart, but tried with other items.

Yeah nivana lol, so many people are doing that cannies are falling like mad. Lol its now 350k for cannies and 1.3mil for raps, and they were much higher about months ago.

^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited October 2011

/rant

So basicly you suggest :
    -Make a low-cost barb just for delta, so you can make 5mil per run
    -Use that money to merchant
    -Do bh/cube besides that

=> this would allow you to make more money then a 5 aps farming, and get full r9 +10~11 JOSD in a year.

As an old barb player who recently restatted that 20k+ sage kitten you think is so pro, I'll give you some reasons why your reasoning is totally worthless :
    -First off all, you won't do anything besides delta and sit in your catshop, as wc squads, especially on our server, will kick you from bh after they got buffs, and nobody cares to have a 20k hp sage kitty as friend.
    -Even delta, just like metal before, is done more and more without barbs anyway.
    -The time of a delta run on barb, my sin or now fist-barb, can make at least double the profit farming.
    -With 5 aps, you will get invited to almost anything and everything, not just 1 or 2 instances where ppl actually care to have a hp buff.
    -Since when are only sage barbs allowed to have a catshop alt?
    -You think cube is easier on your vit barb? Wait till you get a "open sesame" room to solo.
    -You can find a static delta squad as bm too, ijs.

Looks like a fail rant to me, by someone who never played one of the less popular classes in the game. I suggest you actually try what you are saying, and post some screenies of your r9 set in 1 year.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    So basicly you suggest :
    -Do bh/cube besides that

=> this would allow you to make more money then a 5 aps farming, and get full r9 +10~11 JOSD in a year.

As an old barb player who recently restatted that 20k+ sage kitten you think is so pro, I'll give you some reasons why your reasoning is totally worthless :
    -First off all, you won't do anything besides delta and sit in your catshop, as wc squads, especially on our server, will kick you from bh after they got buffs, and nobody cares to have a 20k hp sage kitty as friend.
    -Even delta, just like metal before, is done more and more without barbs anyway.
    -The time of a delta run on barb, my sin or now fist-barb, can make at least double the profit farming.
    -With 5 aps, you will get invited to almost anything and everything, not just 1 or 2 instances where ppl actually care to have a hp buff.
    -You think cube is easier on your vit barb? Wait till you get a "open sesame" room to solo.

Looks like a fail rant to me, by someone who never played one of the less popular classes in the game. I suggest you actually try what you are saying, and post some screenies of your r9 set in 1 year.

One question for you. Is it better to farm pof while i currently not saving up for sage skills while i am building coin or its better to sell pof, then buy pof later when i want sage skils?.

So basically is it better to farm cube for skills or better to buy off players?. I got about 9 page of fates and 9 old book pages.b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    One question for you. Is it better to farm pof while i currently not saving up for sage skills while i am building coin or its better to sell pof, then buy pof later when i want sage skils?.

So basically is it better to farm cube for skills or better to buy off players?. I got about 9 page of fates and 9 old book pages.b:shocked

It's not really as simple as that.

For one, 3 out of the skills in the book can be gotten from the Advanced Mystical Page trade, which you will most likely do for Bloodpaint anyway. Out of the remaining skills, 2 are useless unless you PvP. So we're left with 4 skills that are actually useful. I'd say that the odds of getting those from the clip are so low that you're better off selling the pages until you have acquired all of your other gear and have a satisfactory refine. If you haven't ran into someone selling the skillbooks by then, you'll have nothing to do lose by gambling on it.

I know that Empu did it the other way, he did Cube and got the clips and got lucky with the books.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011

The answers depends on the person really.

For the first question : How fast do you need coins for the stuff you are saving for short term ? How much of a gambler are you (you can sell pages of fate at their normal price, but you can also make a book and hope to get 1 that is worth tons) ? Personally, I would hold on to pages I have for later, unless I see some great opportunity and need coins "right now!". But this also is related to the answer below to your 2nd question.

For the second question : A lot depends on the skills you can get from pages of fate. For your class, and your personal taste, how many of the books you can get with pof are "OMG! super skill", how many are "hmmm, not the best but at least I didn't have it yet", how many are "QQ a double, but at least I can sell it" and how many are "totally worthless" ? How frequently, and at which price, you see them in ah also counts. Making books with pof is a gamble. For my last book (sage subsea), I went for pof cause it's rare. I made 3 fail books before getting it, 2 of them were sellable at +/- cost price, the other I just gave away cause it was worthless.

In general, is pof worth farming : Rationally depends on your capacity of making coins. Personally, the average time it takes me to do cube, I could easily farm the coins to buy 2+ pages. But there is also the irrational part : do you like cube ? Are you using cube as a side-money maker (selling your bully cards and start over, or do you buy card and complete asap) ?

Sorry, I can't really give you a "this is what you should do" answer b:surrender
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Sorry for double post
    I know that Empu did it the other way, he did Cube and got the clips and got lucky with the books.

Also note that I got 4 lvl90+ toons that can do cube for pages. That also comes into account, cause with 1 month of cube, I could make 4 books. Someone with just 1 main 90+, would be limited at 1 per month unless he/she buys.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    The answers depends on the person really.

For the first question : How fast do you need coins for the stuff you are saving for short term ? How much of a gambler are you (you can sell pages of fate at their normal price, but you can also make a book and hope to get 1 that is worth tons) ? Personally, I would hold on to pages I have for later, unless I see some great opportunity and need coins "right now!". But this also is related to the answer below to your 2nd question.

For the second question : A lot depends on the skills you can get from pages of fate. For your class, and your personal taste, how many of the books you can get with pof are "OMG! super skill", how many are "hmmm, not the best but at least I didn't have it yet", how many are "QQ a double, but at least I can sell it" and how many are "totally worthless" ? How frequently, and at which price, you see them in ah also counts. Making books with pof is a gamble. For my last book (sage subsea), I went for pof cause it's rare. I made 3 fail books before getting it, 2 of them were sellable at +/- cost price, the other I just gave away cause it was worthless.

In general, is pof worth farming : Rationally depends on your capacity of making coins. Personally, the average time it takes me to do cube, I could easily farm the coins to buy 2+ pages. But there is also the irrational part : do you like cube ? Are you using cube as a side-money maker (selling your bully cards and start over, or do you buy card and complete asap) ?

Sorry, I can't really give you a "this is what you should do" answer b:surrender

Basically i can do cube very easily. Only 1 room i cant do, the rest i can do with not too much difficulty. As for advanced rooms only tried once and too much coin sink. I like cube and i do want to use it as money marker page of fate wise , golden boxes and plats. Havent tried bulleys and sometimes i do buy do alls cards. So basially doing cube for pof.

For one, 3 out of the skills in the book can be gotten from the Advanced Mystical Page trade, which you will most likely do for Bloodpaint anyway. Out of the remaining skills, 2 are useless unless you PvP. So we're left with 4 skills that are actually useful. I'd say that the odds of getting those from the clip are so low that you're better off selling the pages until you have acquired all of your other gear and have a satisfactory refine. If you haven't ran into someone selling the skillbooks by then, you'll have nothing to do lose by gambling on it.

Cool so basically i should buy from players skill books and pages rather then farmings. Nice i guess thats 10mil for me ;p.b:victory. I was going to farm cube for neckalce but when i saw the cost of 51 - 60 , 1mil - 2mil XD isnt a good idea to waste since i am saving lol. Besides by the time i get my gear and some sage skills i should be compentent at merching that farming up for somethinig expensive is a waste of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    So basicly you suggest :
    -Do bh/cube besides that

Guess you didn't know that Vindicates do full Delta almost daily, for example. It helps to be in a decent faction. Also, to be kicked from BH for not being APS, you must roll with the bottom 10% of the barrel.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    @ Quilue : your comment about vindi is highly irrelevant, cause :
    -doesn't affect any of the money-making points I aborded, which was the point of the thread
    -the suggested barb build is a simple 1 shot in tw, vindi most probably won't even care about them
    -vindi has more then enough bms, probably also seekers, that can tank full delta

Guess you don't know that my barb was asked to join vindi when I was still actually playing him, same for my sin when I was factionless. So unless your own faction is that 10% of the barrel, I don't see what you mean.

I tested on wc for several bhs : Pm them from barb and from sin. Barb get's "full" or *silence*, sin gets immediate invite. If you don't understand at least half of the players are nice to you simply cause you're an archer with r9 bow, I think you are very naif. That all has nothing to do with "bottom of the barrel".

Well, this is really applying to sage sin particularly. I answered more generally, cause I dont know for all classes what book clip and all gives, what comes from pof or obp, etc.

If looking particularly at sage sin skills, the way I did it maybe isn't the most accurate anymore. When I got the bookclip, the sage sin population was like 0.01% of the whole sin population. There were barely any sage sin books in ah, cause they were plain insellable so only sage sins would make any (and most probably learn it). Right now, sage sin skills aren't rare anymore, so would leave a whole new analysis. The bookclip still covers quite a few of the good skills for sage sins, but if it's worth the 45mil compared to the ah prices of those books is something I didn't keep track on.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    kudos to those who farm.

i could never do such hassle =/

i love it when people call cs,ers farmers.b:laugh
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    -doesn't affect any of the money-making points I aborded, which was the point of the thread
    -the suggested barb build is a simple 1 shot in tw, vindi most probably won't even care about them Wow nobody realized that a build that costs less than my bracers would ever be a one shot to a +10 rank 8 or 9
    -vindi has more then enough bms, probably also seekers, that can tank full delta
    I prefer pulling on my bm when the D's high enough actually, my bm has roughly 30 times the coin invested in it than the theoretical barb. Kinda kills the purpose

Guess you don't know that my barb was asked to join vindi when I was still actually playing him, same for my sin when I was factionless. So unless your own faction is that 10% of the barrel, I don't see what you mean.
    Every TW faction on our server is Top crust rank 9 majority +5-10 mixed refine rank 9/vana and bottom 10-15% +5 rank 8 or level 95 or something. Not seeing the point here.

I tested on wc for several bhs : Pm them from barb and from sin. Barb get's "full" or *silence*, sin gets immediate invite. If you don't understand at least half of the players are nice to you simply cause you're an archer with r9 bow, I think you are very naif. That all has nothing to do with "bottom of the barrel".

When I reply to WC's on my barb I's too lazy to pm aps (god i hate that term its int damit) so it tends to be "Barb for bla bla bla" and 9/10 times I get added and this is on a no name factionless fuzzy played by an antisocial jackass.

Well, this is really applying to sage sin particularly. I answered more generally, cause I dont know for all classes what book clip and all gives, what comes from pof or obp, etc.

If looking particularly at sage sin skills, the way I did it maybe isn't the most accurate anymore. When I got the bookclip, the sage sin population was like 0.01% of the whole sin population. There were barely any sage sin books in ah, cause they were plain insellable so only sage sins would make any (and most probably learn it). Right now, sage sin skills aren't rare anymore, so would leave a whole new analysis. The bookclip still covers quite a few of the good skills for sage sins, but if it's worth the 45mil compared to the ah prices of those books is something I didn't keep track on.

vana pants 160 mill
    assorted TT 99 4 items roughly 100 mill(more if you use a chestplate)
    -.1 claws 50 mill or so
    TM wraithgate cape 8 mill

So would you suggest making a farming bm/barb for roughly 318 mill? Or a farming sin for 500+? Or making any other class and just choosing your instance to farm wisely/grind and invest on a charecter you actually enjoy playing. never said an APS toon would not farm faster but it requires a much larger investment for diminishing returns on coin invested returns.

Again my comment was not directed specifically at barbs but rather the playerbase in general. There's plenty of things to do in pwi to make coin and most of them can be done with friends unlike solo tt.

The point of the thread was Brain + time = coin, Why should people need to "care about" your awesome "factor" character in order for some nubly to enjoy the game?

And for the last time, tracking or getting even a semi accurate return on merch profits or market value is bloody pointless when given as general advise as player skill and market fluctuations play a huge role there. Also just noticed I multiplied the deltas by weeks for the year instead of days...so from delta alone at 300 a year (yes its 365 but people get lazy) the income is 1.5 bill. So ya math errors aside 2-3 bill isnt unreasonable.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    APS isnt the problem, its actually fun. the prob is that other classes should be able to farm mats as fast as aps classes.
    we all know casters can make a sin/bm to farm faster if they like but, it works now with FC. imagine 2+ years ago, when u needed 8months+ or so to lvl from 1 to 100. unbelievable. u shouldnt have to make an other class to farm mats fast.

one solution on pwi would be, imo, to make a high lvl instance with mats (for gears as good as nirv) like FC/Lunar (about lunar they made it worthless to do with that fee >.>). like with tons of mobs. and u have to kill all so sins cant stealth them XD. or something like PQ3 maybe, but without ranking (mix of mobs/boss). an instance like that would actually not be for casters only, but for every class, since u would need teamwork. u would need a barb (or super high HP bm) to pull, a bm, cleric/mystic, dds. would actually be fun ;) and it would be like old time xD
    only thing is, drop rate/amount should be high, cause this kind of instance couldnt be done in 6 min xD

so yeah, farming shouldnt depends on 2/3 classes out of 10
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Again my comment was not directed specifically at barbs but rather the playerbase in general. There's plenty of things to do in pwi to make coin and most of them can be done with friends unlike solo tt.

The point of the thread was Brain + time = coin, Why should people need to "care about" your awesome "factor" character in order for some nubly to enjoy the game?

This I agree on, you don't need awesome gear or high aps to enjoy playing a game. But you can't factor out that 99% of the players inside ask you for your gear and judge you on it. Heck, most even are "friends" based on gear. I'm the same person, and see how ppl all the sudden ignore me when on barb, and constantly kiss my *** when on sin. Good luck making your "static delta squad". Your post, coming from a 5 aps BM in one of the major factions on our server, kinda kills all the pertinence of it. No offence, but to me it seems you got no freaking idea how "low-cost geared" toons are threated, especially from a class that isn't "hip" atm.
  • rgog
    rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Thats not counting bh cube or grinding coin and assuming 3 hours of play a day or less.

grinding coin 3 hours per day x 365 = 1,095 hours of grinding for coin, get a job at minimum wage 1,095 x $10 per hour = $10,950 in a year and just play for fun and buy R8, get 5 aps and +6 everything and you will have around $10k left over for living RL
  • Envelope - Raging Tide
    Envelope - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This I agree on, you don't need awesome gear or high aps to enjoy playing a game. But you can't factor out that 99% of the players inside ask you for your gear and judge you on it. Heck, most even are "friends" based on gear. I'm the same person, and see how ppl all the sudden ignore me when on barb, and constantly kiss my *** when on sin. Good luck making your "static delta squad". Your post, coming from a 5 aps BM in one of the major factions on our server, kinda kills all the pertinence of it. No offence, but to me it seems you got no freaking idea how "low-cost geared" toons are threated, especially from a class that isn't "hip" atm.

Sad, but true. I have made similar experiences in-game.

Maybe this isn't only because of the APS craze, though you can safely say APS is one of the reasons for it. The major problem about APS doesn't have that much to do with money making. It is more related to the fact that it starts to divide the player base in "useful" and "useless" toons. Sure it is group dynamics at work here, but these are heavily influenced by the game mechanics, which is the reason why i'm complaining about it.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    -the suggested barb build is a simple 1 shot in tw, vindi most probably won't even care about them

Maybe you didn't get the point, it helps to be in a decent faction and not to try your luck at instance runs from crappy WC squads. WC squads will ask your APS for 9x FCC, because they are ****. APS only for BH are you serious? It's freaking BH, the walking takes more time than the boss. Ya I know what you're talking about. "BH seat lf DD PM APS" and if you join, those people have like 4k hp.

In my time on this game, I made enough friends that took me to anything even before my lunar bow, before my lunar claws, before my R9 bow. Have you ever thought why people might ignore your barb but not your sin? Because they suck. If they could output decent damage on their own they wouldn't care about who with what gear join their squads.

So by bottom of the barrel I'm not saying you're it, I'm saying you roll with them. You can find better.

It'd be pretty easy to get a static squad in a faction or with friends if you can prove you don't suck, as people will like the fact that you are a reliable character and the fact that they won't have to keep searching for a puller. Doesn't take much to be in a delta squad anyway, or do you think people are **** enough to search and search for someone with good gear to be in an instance people in TT90s could farm over a year ago?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2011

/rant

So, is this you proclamation that you finally hit 5aps? lol

b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • rgog
    rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It is more related to the fact that it starts to divide the player base in "useful" and "useless" toons.

The big problem is that there are very few classes that have value these days, that is why 92% of active players are SIN's

Even a 2.22 aps SIN will out-damage all caster and be more useful overall.

The game is broken and PWI needs to even the playing field if they want this game to last, because eventually servers full of only SIN's soloing everything will be very boring.