Too much is too much

Options
peppersnortin
peppersnortin Posts: 9 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
At what point is a player ousted? Is it OK by our standards to call someone a **** because they refuse your sexually explicit advances in the game world? Is it OK to carry on like an idiot when asked to stop? I don't think so.

~removed~ seems to be a lonely stalker who likes to make my female friends uncomfortable, simply playing the game. I don't appreciate that. I'd like to see something done about it. Who can help?
Post edited by peppersnortin on

Comments

• Tallain_ - Heavens Tear
    Tallain_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    no one, go somewhere else in game
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It's call Blacklist buddy.
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It's call Blacklist buddy.

Short of that you can also report the individual via a ticket for sexual harassment which is illegal in most countries these days.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Short of that you can also report the individual via a ticket for sexual harassment which is illegal in most countries these days.

no need to even try this idea... the company is fully embracing harassment.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    no need to even try this idea... the company is fully embracing harassment.

how do you figure? If this were truly the case there wouldn't even be a blacklist option in the first place so I find this hard to believe.
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    how do you figure? If this were truly the case there wouldn't even be a blacklist option in the first place so I find this hard to believe.

I'd say the repeated pking of lower level players in SP would be considered harassment b:shutup
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I know what's not okay. Naming and Shaming. Put the person and their alts on blacklist, have your friend do the same. Then ignore them. If it really bothers you, submit a ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'd say the repeated pking of lower level players in SP would be considered harassment b:shutup

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Frankie somewhere at some point say that if the PK'ers interfere with your doing quests (especially at lower levels) that you are allowed to submit a ticket with regard to that? I could be wrong on this factor, but I could swear I remember seeing him say something to that effect. The exception being on PvP servers where you would be in PvP mode by the time you went to Secret Passage automatically anyways.
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Frankie somewhere at some point say that if the PK'ers interfere with your doing quests (especially at lower levels) that you are allowed to submit a ticket with regard to that? I could be wrong on this factor, but I could swear I remember seeing him say something to that effect. The exception being on PvP servers where you would be in PvP mode by the time you went to Secret Passage automatically anyways.

I did submit a ticket and was told that because Pking in SP was allowed that I would have to skip even questing in there. THEY AREN'T GOING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. Meaning they are allowing the people that grief players the power to do it all they want.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Thought PWI got rid of the ticket page?
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Thought PWI got rid of the ticket page?
    You get to it by clicking through a few pages of their 'help search' function pages, where they suggest solutions to you. Keep clicking "no" when asked if the soultion is presented and the ticket page comes up after a couple times.
    I couldn't find it any other way than to do that.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

Try checkin that again... Tickets tell you to go look at the message that PK in SP is approved and basically get over it and enjoy being killed over and over and over.

They puckered up to the childish behavior and is ignoring any who submit tickets.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    Try checkin that again... Tickets tell you to go look at the message that PK in SP is approved and basically get over it and enjoy being killed over and over and over.

They puckered up to the childish behavior and is ignoring any who submit tickets.

uh huh... you do realize you do not have to accept the initial response given to you within a ticket don't you?
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

sexual harassment is not illegal.
    creating a hostile work environment is. stalking is. sexual harassment is not. The species would have a hard time carrying on if hitting on someone you found attractive exposed you to prosecution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    sexual harassment is not illegal.
    creating a hostile work environment is. stalking is. sexual harassment is not. The species would have a hard time carrying on if hitting on someone you found attractive exposed you to prosecution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_harassment

This particular definition of sexual harassment can leave you in court or in jail. In short, it is very illegal. To make unwanted advances on any person leaves you in violation of that person's rights.

A ticket should be submitted about this, and if you have screenshots, be sure to attach them.

Before this topic devolves into petty arguments about law, I'm going to close it.
This discussion has been closed.