Caster Nirvana - what would make you do them more?

gobroncos
gobroncos Posts: 18 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
Obviously with this during x2 it was fairly popular but now it seems it has died out.

What would make the caster version worth the time to do at least as a daily since we get the talisman quest once a day?

I think something as simple as the "first time" quest we got being a part of the daily would make this a strong option for many with a gauranteed drop to keep.

Adding the extra bosses that a "normal" Nirvana gets might help also adding the extra chances for drops.

I do realize that the caster nirvana's are comprised of a lot lesser geared players and that for many Clerics and Venos it is easier to just do "regular" runs. I have done a lot of runs and have only completely failed once. Many of the runs I did, did not have high refined weapons and a majority of them still went smoothly as long as everyone knew what to do (or for caster nirvana's -what not to do-).
Post edited by gobroncos on

Comments

• Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    gobroncos wrote: »
    Obviously with this during x2 it was fairly popular but now it has seems it has died out.

What would make the caster version worth the time to do at least as a daily since we get the talisman quest once a day?

I think something as simple as the "first time" quest we got being a part of the daily would make this a strong option for many with a gauranteed drop to keep.

Adding the extra bosses that a "normal" Nirvana gets might help also adding the extra chances for drops.

I do realize that the caster nirvana's are comprised of a lot lesser geared players and that for many Clerics and Venos it is easier to just do "regular" runs. I have done a lot of runs and have only completely failed once. Many of the runs I did, did not have high refined weapons and a majority of them still went smoothly as long as everyone knew what to do (or for caster nirvana's -what not to do-).

Well I am seeker for starters that means i am not wanted for this caster nirvana. I know we got magic debuffs but apparently it's not enough. Even though 90% on Rt don't understand seeker past vortex let alone the magic debuffs.

That point aside the reason you can t find many caster because everyone only cares about aps that's why sin population is like 80% lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The caster nirvana was an interesting game expirience but due the leak of random the glare fade off quickly and it become very boring to do. Normal Nirvanas are also very boring but with a good squad im done within 7 minutes each run. A Caster Nirvana can take up to 30 minutes or even longer, depending on your team and there is no potential to shorten the time dramatical like stacking aps in normals. A normal run yield also more rewards the 3th drop on the endboss dont make up for the fact that there are less bosses in Caster Nirv

Also i prefer to make subs from the talismans
    If i make mirages i can make 150K each day in coins just by doing my bh
    If i play 30 years i can buy me one rank 9 pice from the chips (LOL)
    I hate Room 38
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Caster Nirvana is harder than n0rmal nirvana im0. I end up s0l0ing the stupid "rare b0ss" every time because my squad d0es n0t seem t0 realize they can av0id the Kab00m fr0m the b0ss. Especially if y0ur a psychic S0R ftw b:victory. 0h and it takes t0 l0ng.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • gobroncos
    edited October 2011
    Normal Nirvanas are also very boring but with a good squad im done within 7 minutes each run. A Caster Nirvana can take up to 30 minutes or even longer, depending on your team and there is no potential to shorten the time dramatical like stacking aps in normals.

I do agree a normal Nirvana run is faster but many of the caster runs I have done take about 15-20 minutes. One R9/OP caster can make a ton of difference though and speed up the run significantly but also one person that does not know what they are doing can cause squad wipes.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Just make the talismans stackable and without timelimit (and just as well get rid of the talismans from bh). Since most casters have a lvl100 melee these days, the simple fact they have a timer on talisman makes them exhange it rather then use it. I got a cleric, and simply get talisman => swap for subs, simply cause I have to think "will I do caster vana within those 24h?". Cause I don't know if I would, I just get subs so it won't expire.

Also, taking the time to make a squad for just 1 run is a part of the problem. If you can stack some up, then do a few runs with same squad (or at least keep several when starting a new one), is worth using teleaccoustics.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    They should just remove talismans and make it so all you need is a key for either nirvana.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • gobroncos
    edited October 2011
    Just make the talismans stackable and without timelimit (and just as well get rid of the talismans from bh). Since most casters have a lvl100 melee these days, the simple fact they have a timer on talisman makes them exhange it rather then use it. I got a cleric, and simply get talisman => swap for subs, simply cause I have to think "will I do caster vana within those 24h?". Cause I don't know if I would, I just get subs so it won't expire.

Also, taking the time to make a squad for just 1 run is a part of the problem. If you can stack some up, then do a few runs with same squad (or at least keep several when starting a new one), is worth using teleaccoustics.

So far, this is probably the best solution.
  • MissTriss - Harshlands
    MissTriss - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    They should just remove talismans and make it so all you need is a key for either nirvana.

I dont so much mind the need of the talisman. What bothers me, is the fact that they're timed. You need both a key and a talisman to do it. And if you do both your BH's, you only get 3, while you get 4 keys. Personally, I dont like doing nirvana on my sin dispite being 4 aps. I found the magic nirvana more fun on my psy.

I think if the talismans weren't timed, and the stacked in one pile, more people would want it. Makes multi runs more possible. And makes it more fair for non aps people to get nirvana, at least on 2x.

I know I'd rather run on my psy. Because its not spark, aps repeat. The most fun in a normal nirvana is being on skype or vent with my squad, and thats not the nirvana being fun, thats listening to my friends say stupid ****.

But maybe I'm the only person that gets tired of the same old, spark-> aps things.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Well if they keep talismans they should remove the trade-in for subs/mirages. What's the point of incentivizing people not to do caster nirv? The fact you have to give up those rewards makes opening caster nirv much more expensive than normal nirv.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    caster nirv should be what the name says: a class restricted nirvana, no other restrictions.
    So far it has been everything but that. Talisman restriction, any class can be in squad as long as lead is caster, archers doing more dmg with metal skills than actual casters, so on and so forth... Yeah, caster nirvana. lmfao.
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • MissTriss - Harshlands
    MissTriss - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    caster nirv should be what the name says: a class restricted nirvana, no other restrictions.
    So far it has been everything but that. Talisman restriction, any class can be in squad as long as lead is caster, archers doing more dmg with metal skills than actual casters, so on and so forth... Yeah, caster nirvana. lmfao.

As it is right now you can have sins and BM's with elemental pots and shards for there weapons. But no caster ive been in has ever done that, nor have they brought an archer. Why would an archer want to come? When archers are easy to get 4-5 aps on, and with the aps obsession, everyone thinks that a good idea.

(Won't take a claw archer or claw sin on nirvana)

But I don't think that everyone should get the talismans from BH. That makes no sense to me. Give it to the casters, and let them have something for just them; since normal nirvana has become an aps thing. And dont make it limited as it is. I'd love to stack talismans and spam caster nirvana on 2x.
  • gobroncos
    edited October 2011
    Well if they keep talismans they should remove the trade-in for subs/mirages. What's the point of incentivizing people not to do caster nirv? The fact you have to give up those rewards makes opening caster nirv much more expensive than normal nirv.

This is a very good point.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Alot more incentive to run multis than singles.
    I don't know if there is a 99-keys equivalent with Talismans, but why not have them stack and stash? Lots of people have more than one 100+
    What would be the downside of stashing talismans from bh's?
  • Envelope - Raging Tide
    Envelope - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2011

I can't really see the problem with archers being able to do caster nirvana. Yes, they have ranged elemental skills which, in a way, makes them a hybrid class being both physical and magical, like seekers and venos etc. Positive aspect about it is that you actually need a bow to do elemental damage. If there is a farming instance that actually encourages archers to use a bow and their skills instead of claws and just spark, isn't that a good thing? There are only few archers left that are actually full dex build and use bow only... i think the game mechanics have punished us enough already.

And about the time limit on nirvana talismans, yea i can't see the point, there shouldn't be a time limit on them. Why would caster Nirvana have to be so heavily restricted, i can't really see the reason for that.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Really dumb questions coming up, but here goes.

I wasn't around when caster Nirvana was introduce, but could APS users with elemental buffs run it?

Is it even worth it?

Has anyone with APS and having elemental buffs tried it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I have on my assassin, Known. With a squad of a bunch of +5-10 R8 wizards and I still held aggro. The only thing is if the wizard with the highest DPH is not spamming the taunt item they get (an item that basically gives you aggro) the boss will start to kite indefinitely.
    So even if you get like 6 casters with APS alts to open the instance first, then switch to APS alts. The bosses will just kite you non stop or at least the last boss will. I don't remember if the others would kite non stop D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • michikobaby
    michikobaby Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Caster Nirvana is harder than n0rmal nirvana im0. I end up s0l0ing the stupid "rare b0ss" every time because my squad d0es n0t seem t0 realize they can av0id the Kab00m fr0m the b0ss. Especially if y0ur a psychic S0R ftw b:victory. 0h and it takes t0 l0ng.

Lol... funny you are the first person I've met that has mentioned SoR on that boss. I actually do this every time and for any psychic who doesn't know...the best time to use it is after the boss moves close. First there is a weaker aoe and then you'll see the boss channeling for a couple seconds. During this time cast SoR to absorb damage and also reflect the physical debuff. Even better, if you have sage bubble of life use it to purify the debuff to help your squad.

FYI Caster Nirvana can be done in less than 10 minutes...just saying. People doing regular nirvana in this time obviously need a high aps well refined squad. Well for casters, maybe the requirement needs to be rank gear +10-12 weapons? I mean, if you want to compare with the aps runs b:surrender
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    fixing it is simple : make it not exist and stop stalling on creating real new gear and content that actually takes into account what is in the party and adapts based on that.
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Simple; make it so that the talisman don't expire.

I found that to be the dumbest thing about caster nirvana--next to letting the aps fiends come in (most don't; they just use it for subs, at least on DW anyways). If I want to spam nirvana and don't want to go on my fiance's aps BM (with permission, of course), then dammit, let us have that same advantage.

I liked caster nirvana. But 95% of my runs consisted of random squads, and while a good chunk of them were good (namely the ones where I wasn't the deemed tank with a rank 9 in squad), there were some that...yeah, I went through more charm doing 1 run one time than I did in a 3-hour TW while in Calamity...and we never even finished. b:sad
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ppl dont do caster nirv cause doesnt worth to do one run only. why the hell would we do this if cant even get 1 uncanny for everyone. useless. shouldnt need talisman to do it.
    and no caster nirv doesnt take 30 min, can be done in less than 10
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Caster nirvana is hard for squishy casters, normal nirvana is not hard for melee.

Caster nirvana can be done several times a day, yet its timed. Normal nirvana can be done whatever times a day and its not timed.

Caster nirvana ticks charms like nutz, Normal nirvana does not.

Caster nirvana is supposed to give more profit, Normal nirvana does give more profit as I know.

Caster nirvana, who the hell wants to take bunch of slow casters into nirvana seriously, normal nirvana, oh yes aps.

Got my point.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Reasons I don't like it:
    1. Slower than regular nirvana;
    2. Harder than regular nirvana;
    3. More expensive to my charm.

< Goes to nirv as Veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Asterelle -- you know 'smart developers' only do that not ones from well yeah... Hey what am I saying they put in a "Castor Nirvana" now you little bi... I mean you guys can't complain about 5 APS. b:laugh
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ppl dont do caster nirv cause doesnt worth to do one run only. why the hell would we do this if cant even get 1 uncanny for everyone. useless. shouldnt need talisman to do it.
    and no caster nirv doesnt take 30 min, can be done in less than 10

only if u have 5 r9+12 wiz and a cleric b:shocked
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Caster nirv is easy, and usually quick. But drop rate makes it not worth it to me. Last one i did we just got 3 canny in total. **** it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Caster nirv is easy, and usually quick. But drop rate makes it not worth it to me. Last one i did we just got 3 canny in total. **** it.

it's quick only if u have people that are willing to go. Takes forever to get people together. And alot of them have insufficient Hp. But on the contrary, the drop rate is worth it b:laugh one run, got 11 cannies and 1 rap and on another, got 5 raps and 4 cannies. I had only 1 run where no raps dropped, but it was compensated with 8 cannies. Then again, only do this during 2x XD
  • ClericMD - Lost City
    ClericMD - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The caster nirvana was an interesting game expirience but due the leak of random the glare fade off quickly and it become very boring to do. Normal Nirvanas are also very boring but with a good squad im done within 7 minutes each run. A Caster Nirvana can take up to 30 minutes or even longer, depending on your team and there is no potential to shorten the time dramatical like stacking aps in normals. A normal run yield also more rewards the 3th drop on the endboss dont make up for the fact that there are less bosses in Caster Nirv

Also i prefer to make subs from the talismans
    If i make mirages i can make 150K each day in coins just by doing my bh
    If i play 30 years i can buy me one rank 9 pice from the chips (LOL)

30 min? i do caster each day, try to do 2 or 3 sometime more if i have bh stackeds, and only take 10-15 min to do each run.

The problem is that the boss have a chance to no drop chess and final boss high a a hight rate of drop mirages, and that means less profit. This is unfair in normal NV boss always drops chess, and some boss in caster (last 3) are more hard that the boss of a normal NV.

However we can do 400k-800k in 15 min (or be very bad lucky and get only 3 uncanys or only 1 like yesterday went last boss drop 2 mirages 1 uncany and four boss dont drop chess). I have a permanent group of people that do caster we are like 10 in all server is a very low number.

I hope devs "fix" caster and boss always drop chess and low the rate that final boss drops mirages so more mages start be interisting in do this.

PD: sorry for my bad english.