Is it just me or...

Options
Tagi_ - Dreamweaver
Tagi_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
Has there been a sudden upsurge of people stealing drops from tabbers and winers? Have people no shame -_-
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Tagi_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Has there been a sudden upsurge of people stealing drops from tabbers and winers? Have people no shame -_-

No, they don't....

Just go on WC and expose them ( for whatever it's worth ) and don't ever squad them again.

And yes... people have no shame
  • TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver
    TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    What's shame when compared to that shiny purple thing that could be mildly useful or completely worthless? You expect too much of people when they are hidden behind the safety of a computer screen.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think you have 2 types of people doing this now

1) is the people that always stole drops cause they could and

2) those new to the game that have been forced to power lvl and don't know the traditions and unspoken rules of game play because instead of learning how the game is played by older players they were told they were noobs and were sent off to FC to power lvl before they could be included in anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think you have 2 types of people doing this now

1) is the people that always stole drops cause they could and

2) those new to the game that have been forced to power lvl and don't know the traditions and unspoken rules of game play because instead of learning how the game is played by older players they were told they were noobs and were sent off to FC to power lvl before they could be included in anything.

1. yes

2. yes!

You can also send a ticket, especially if the squad already specified that the Tabber gets drops/wined/what have you.
  • _Morigan_ - Harshlands
    _Morigan_ - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Have people no shame -_-

tbh....

not at all. I ve never played or even heard about another mmorpg where ppl are as greedy and worse like in pwi.

Seriously, the scam here try to cheat and rap_e u whenever they can.

Who cares for the few drops, the "real" problem is much bigger.

Play here for a while and u ll think u r lost in the darkest corner of the bronx xD
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i have never played a mmorg where people are not like that
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Sanna - Momaganon
    Sanna - Momaganon Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Had someone steal TT mats on german server yesterday. And yes it was someone level 100+ so the power level theory sounds accurate at least in that case.
  • TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver
    TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I was actually shocked when I came to PW, since I asked for guild help on a FB and people started throwing all their items on the ground for me to pick up and when I asked why they said it was "your fb, your drops". This is the first mmo I've played where people actually have a sense of heirarchy for drops. Still being taught about how drops go in TT, 60 can't come fast enough >.< (and no, I wont powerlevel, that's the chump way out).

But to get back on topic, trying to maintain order in an mmo is quite difficult, but I like that there are at least some people who like to follow the order of things
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    hmmm i dont seem to see this "shame" you speak of...is it avail from the boutique? b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    How many tabbers and winers are up front with their demands? There's enough space in the WC to include: "wined for blah blah blah". Too many assumptions is the main problem.
  • DarkPlaces - Harshlands
    DarkPlaces - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think it may be a bigger problem on pve servers. On pvp servers there is always the possibility of earning a place on some high level's KOS list.

Oh, and to my knowledge, the tradition is that three-star gears, molds and books go to the tabber. I often keep DQ items for my repair bill, if it is not clearly stated that the tabber/ winer wants *all* drops. This has never been a problem.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think its the noob problem. I ran HH during 2x and I saw many people who were clueless on how mats were shared. One poor guy was 100 and didn't understand the ins and outs of safelock yet (he truly didn't, as he mailed our drops later and was quite embarrassed).

I remember looting in fbs/BH being much worse back when molds were actually worth a good bit of money. In BH69 there used to be the wine scam- a winer would collect the money from everybody then leave the squad without using the wines. I haven't heard about that one in ages.
  • Jax - Momaganon
    Jax - Momaganon Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think its the noob problem. I ran HH during 2x and I saw many people who were clueless on how mats were shared. One poor guy was 100 and didn't understand the ins and outs of safelock yet (he truly didn't, as he mailed our drops later and was quite embarrassed).

I remember looting in fbs/BH being much worse back when molds were actually worth a good bit of money. In BH69 there used to be the wine scam- a winer would collect the money from everybody then leave the squad without using the wines. I haven't heard about that one in ages.

Maybe because so few bh's are even being run these days. It's gotten quite pitiful really. FBs are only run because ppl actually NEED them to get skills.

And I know all the arguments about bh's being "new school" and just an easy way to gain experience, but at least they push people into a squad environment where they learn something about their skills and functioning on their characters. Beats the heck out of oracles or heads.
  • dejiavu
    dejiavu Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    To avoid drops being taken by squad members who did not wine or tab join a great faction where everyone knows the etiquette and the rules are enforced.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Maybe because so few bh's are even being run these days. It's gotten quite pitiful really. FBs are only run because ppl actually NEED them to get skills.

And I know all the arguments about bh's being "new school" and just an easy way to gain experience, but at least they push people into a squad environment where they learn something about their skills and functioning on their characters. Beats the heck out of oracles or heads.

Im sure the fact that molds that were previously worth 4+mill in the olden days are now worth 200k or less has something to do with it.
    Calamity Axes dropped in BH69? Oh hell you had to pray nobody stole those. b:chuckle
  • Cy_Anara - Dreamweaver
    Cy_Anara - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    To be perfectly honest I really see no point in "tabbers" getting all drops. b:shutup They've really put nothing "extra" into getting them. Not to mention they usually have to hope n pray they can get into a bh squad for help. I could see if it was just some ppl comin along for the xp/rep or just to help, to hand over drops, but hell we've got repairs etc too.

I think there are a lot more newbies playing now. They dont know about any of the unwritten rules, until someone else comes along and says "hey this person should get that." Most times not even explaining why. So calling them out on WC is friggin lame....
    People need to clarify what they want before starting squad. As stated earlier, there's plenty of room for people to add some detail.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yes a lot of new players don't know this rule, which is why I always make it explicitly clear when we happen to drag randoms on friends Fbs. I also make it explicitly clear what will happen to them if they do not drop items. So far have never had anyone steal tabber's drops on any FBs I'm on.

But on a semi-related note, it does kind of tickle when I see people calling FBs "Tabbed BHs"...
  • RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    To be perfectly honest I really see no point in "tabbers" getting all drops. b:shutup They've really put nothing "extra" into getting them. Not to mention they usually have to hope n pray they can get into a bh squad for help. I could see if it was just some ppl comin along for the xp/rep or just to help, to hand over drops, but hell we've got repairs etc too.

I think there are a lot more newbies playing now. They dont know about any of the unwritten rules, until someone else comes along and says "hey this person should get that." Most times not even explaining why. So calling them out on WC is friggin lame....
    People need to clarify what they want before starting squad. As stated earlier, there's plenty of room for people to add some detail.

What kinda twisted logic is that? You see no reason they should get the drops? lol... The people helping FBs get experience as well as reputation, even if it's not worth much now, it used to be. That was payment enough for most people, and most people at least back when, were very kind and had etiquette about drops. Not to say they don't now, most do... but it's definitely not how it used to be sometimes. (back when being 2009 and earlier)

And yes it is an unspoken rule that 3 star items and molds/books go to the tabber. Especially if it's an FB that needs wine (which is usually FB69+ where the better molds/items drop). It goes without saying. People helping those FBs should know the etiquette by then, and if they don't, well they damn well should lol.

Honestly the best thing to do is get a good faction and run them with em. There wouldn't be any risk like there would be with randoms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    LOOL to the OP, just look at my sig ROFL
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • DarkPlaces - Harshlands
    DarkPlaces - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?)
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?)
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?)
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?)
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity)

I wanna see how you keep to rule 2, or 5. You wanna get kicked immediately right? Usually I wine for free anyway, but if I want to get back some of my expenses, you won't get a wined run with me before you pay up. Keeping tt mats from the banker also is a sure way to get a kick, at least when I lead the squad. Your other rules are somewhat reasonable though.
  • Cy_Anara - Dreamweaver
    Cy_Anara - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    What kinda twisted logic is that? You see no reason they should get the drops? lol... The people helping FBs get experience as well as reputation, even if it's not worth much now, it used to be.
    Read what I said btw... I said no reason they should get ALL the drops. Yes the rep and xp is nice, but as you said, it isnt as valuable as it once was. When I help with fb's I dont mind dropping molds/books/3*'s in return for the rep/xp...But I still think the logic is twisted in the first place. It's usually people at "BH" level **helping** someone of "FB" level so they can actually complete their fb. That should be payment enough that drops remain random.
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Read what I said btw... I said no reason they should get ALL the drops. Yes the rep and xp is nice, but as you said, it isnt as valuable as it once was. When I help with fb's I dont mind dropping molds/books/3*'s in return for the rep/xp...But I still think the logic is twisted in the first place. It's usually people at "BH" level **helping** someone of "FB" level so they can actually complete their fb. That should be payment enough that drops remain random.

so the fact that generally those at "bh" lv are too high lv to be of any need for the drops from said instance while the person at "fb" lv have a much greater chance of NEEDING the drop completely escapes you? 3*s molds and books goign to the tabber has been the tradition for a very very long time already, but no not ALL drops. those who DEMAND all drops are just being greedy and if you dont like that just leave, noone if forcing anyone to go with hat kind of person, just as the tabber isnt forced to go with a greedy dd.
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • Xyleena - Heavens Tear
    Xyleena - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Therein lies the division between veteran players and the new generations. I'm just glad I run into things like this very few and far between. Unspoken rules are still very much alive on HT server. *huggles her server*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
    Xyleena | 102 Demon Cleric | Radiance Faction : Main
    Gwendolynne | 101 Sage Venomancer | Heavens Tear
    Delecroix | 101 Demon Assassin | Heavens Tear
    Anatoxin | 8x Future Sage Psychic | Heavens Tear
    Diva | 92 Sage Blademaster | Dreamweaver : Retired
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I only noticed people lying about having tabs.
    Some of those rules are extreme but you strike me as someone who's been burned too much(this..is not surprising on sanctuary..).

For heads, most people by now there, should know who wont kick after payment, as those the ones who get the most "business".

For wine, it's simple math.

TT is trial and error... pickup TT's I will never ever trust.

For rule 6: "6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) " - Well this isn't exclusive to PWI. The net is where people can be as evil as they want to be..