Reducing Mana costs for a Mystic

_SashaFierce - Dreamweaver
_SashaFierce - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
Mana costs for a mystic are outrageous. Would it be possible for PWI to reduce the costs of certain skills/buffs. For example ~ Resurrect buff uses up at least 1/2 of the MP pool. That's a guaranteed charm tick per use. If you're in a squad the MP charm is ticking 6 times. Not all players are rich & can afford to buy a new MP charm every day or so. And with the economy on PW ~ even grinding to make the money to buy the charm would really defeat the purpose.

I've been playing PWI for 3 yrs & I'm not a forum troll as you can see lol.

This is just something that has come to mind since the new classes have come out.
Post edited by _SashaFierce - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Niner - Dreamweaver
    Niner - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Dont use a MP charm?
  • Synta - Dreamweaver
    Synta - Dreamweaver Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    They already did reduce the mana costs, they were much higher before.
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The mana costs for mystic are 100% fine, granted at lower levels the res buff can be a pain, but that's why you only cast it on the cleric, the tank if you have spare mp and may be your self if your bored, whilst at lower levels I also bought mana regen gear which helped like crazy, made sitting time about 1-2 mins max for my whole mp pool to come back for another good 10mins worth of killing at least, end of the day, you just 2 shot mobs anyway with soul absorb.

As soon as you get clear thoughts skill, then you pretty much never have to worry about mana, especially when your mystic hits 90 and has triple spark, I can infinately grind whilst casting both my buffs on my self and never pot or use a charm, even in FC I can do an entire run without using a single pot, if the squad sucks hard, I may use 1-3 pots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • MeikoVll - Heavens Tear
    MeikoVll - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Your Suggestion is a good one. I had soo much trouble keeping up MP on my mystic when I was under level 75. My **** pots were rotating cool downs like a clock. But I will say that the Herbs from tokens help ALOT. They good and fairly cheap. It is just extremely bad for the mystics who are under level 75 ><. But then again they did reduce them a bit a long while ago, so I don't think that they will do it again. So Just buy herbs until tokens cost 3mil per one then yeah we're screwed. b:surrender
  • PriestRain - Raging Tide
    PriestRain - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    So Just buy herbs until tokens cost 3mil per one then yeah we're screwed. b:surrender

DON'T give them ideas b:shocked b:quiet
    GM's might not agree on lower mp, but csers might agree on higher tokens.... so shush b:shocked
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The real kicker is that MP charms tick in when they hit 75% instead of 50% like the HP charms. If that single change (MP charms tick at 50%) was implemented it would solve the problem for low level mana eaters like Mystics and Clerics. AT 75% there is no way to conserve or manage your charm MP.

So yes new mana eaters have two fairly expensive options, buy lots of charms when on sale (hint hint), and buy gear via AH with built-in mana regen buffs. I don't think adding MP points via shards is worth it.
    Just some guy
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Mystic basic nukes are really not much worse than other robe classes. The only things that are exceptionally high is the pet heal (compared to Veno) and resurrect.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Tallain_ - Heavens Tear
    Tallain_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Dont use a MP charm?

d'oh? Hell i haven't used a charm .... like ever? cept the free **** from the stashes lol......hell all my toons STILL have their TB Chain HP charms in the safe, never use it lol.

And yes i have a mystic too..... there's this thing called apothacary... farm herbs... make focus powder.... b:victoryb:chuckle
  • _SashaFierce - Dreamweaver
    _SashaFierce - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    d'oh? Hell i haven't used a charm .... like ever? cept the free **** from the stashes lol......hell all my toons STILL have their TB Chain HP charms in the safe, never use it lol.

And yes i have a mystic too..... there's this thing called apothacary... farm herbs... make focus powder.... b:victoryb:chuckle

I don't use a charm. I have one just haven't put it on because I don't see the sense in wasting it. And yes I do know about apothecary and have it leveled up & use all the powders etc BECAUSE I don't want to waste my money on MP charms even though I can afford to buy them whenever I need them. But not everyone in this game has that luxury. It was just a suggestion about lowering the mana costs on some of the skills. Mostly just the resurrect. You don't need to talk to me like I'm an idiot.
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I run out of MP in RB, and my friends were like O_O your mp is empty lol.

I do think we require alot of mp, but I dunno