The Guide to Wizardry

Comments

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    yeah this staying stickied is gonna rely on him continuing to update/fix it. Definitely not finished yet, but it's current and doesn't offer anything less than the unstickied guides.
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    AsimM - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Yeah, when I'm not overloaded with homework for college, I'll take any suggestions to update or fix the guide wherever possible. Earliest will be on the weekend.

Kthx, <3 Asim.
    "I would say that the worst band ever, Black Eyed Peas, played at the 2011 Superbowl, but I couldn't possibly take that title away from Nickelback"

- Drew Flowers
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Just FYI, my first priority will be to change the skills. I'll do this by:

1) Instead of a winner, I'll list play style differences, which everyone wanted me to do.

2) I'll add masteries of the elements, which I realized I totally forgot to do.

Kthnx, <3 Asim. <== My new way to end a post.
    "I would say that the worst band ever, Black Eyed Peas, played at the 2011 Superbowl, but I couldn't possibly take that title away from Nickelback"

- Drew Flowers
  • Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear
    Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Non Valid.

Thanks. Didn't see previous post.
    [sigpic] [/sigpic]
  • zerocobalt
    zerocobalt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Wait, why is the Hybrid build bad?
    edited August 2011
    zerocobalt wrote: »
    Wait, why is the Hybrid build bad?

As it says in the guide, wizards have the lowest hp modifier. That means that we get less hp per vitality point than any other class.

And by adding vit, you're sacrificing magic damage. And with wizards, you're better off killing something before it can hit you than you are hitting it for less and letting the opponent hit you as well.
  • Estudiosa - Raging Tide
    Estudiosa - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Thank you very much for the guide, but these informations already exists in other guides, we want informations like what to do in instances like rebirth, how to farm, etc... Do you understand?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Thank you very much for the guide, but these informations already exists in other guides, we want informations like what to do in instances like rebirth, how to farm, etc... Do you understand?

lol b:laugh
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    she just had to be from RT b:cry
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Still kinda disappointed nothing has changed since it was posted :(
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    yeeah I was hoping he would fix everything, but I haven't seen him around for ages b:shocked
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    I'm sorry I don't really get around to it...I get a lot of homework, other misc. stuff to do, etc.

You guys are free to make suggestions if you want...I'll keep a note for it later.

- Drew Flowers
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011

There's not point in me involving those things in the guide. Rebirth is useless for anything except experience points until Level 100+, which DaKillanator already made a guide for. And how to farm...? What do you want me to say? "Find a squad for TT, then do TT, then split the drops until you get your gear".
    ^Sounds totally helpful right?

- Drew Flowers
  • Estudiosa - Raging Tide
    Estudiosa - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Why are you all so agressive in your replies? b:sad OMG, the most of wizzies looks so stressed, why will be? b:surrender
    edited September 2011
    what did you expect him to say though? At your level, it's no secret that TT is the best (only) instance you can really make money from tbh.

And if you need a guide for certain instances, then you look at the beginners section. They cover pretty much everything a DD class like ours needs to know.
  • cygan23
    cygan23 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Witam serdecznie.
    new1.jpeg

Mam przyjemność zaprosić na niegdyś jeden z największych serwer
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    Sage version for path playstyles has been added. Enjoy. Demon coming soon! b:laugh

Edit: It's in Chapter 3, at the very end. Just a little note.

- Drew Flowers
  • WizzusChrist - Archosaur
    WizzusChrist - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Well done, my lamb.
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    Demon path playstyle added. Don't troll too much. Mediocre trollin' is fine with me. b:laugh

- Drew Flowers
    edited October 2011
    Two things stood out to me as wrong.

1- you said demon DP is better because it has a lesser chan time. Tbh, nobody ever uses it unless it's part of a sutra combo, in which case lesser chan time doesn't really matter. And sage DPs debuff is still pretty nice.

2- demon distance shrink isn't really better. You teleport 30 meters, which isn't good since you'll more than likely shrink out of range. Sage on the other hand will keep you in range of your enemy, and it cost less chi.
    Idk how much you pk, but I can tell you that distance shrink burns up a TON of chi in fights against barbs, bms, and seekers.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Two things stood out to me as wrong.

1- you said demon DP is better because it has a lesser chan time. Tbh, nobody ever uses it unless it's part of a sutra combo, in which case lesser chan time doesn't really matter. And sage DPs debuff is still pretty nice.

2- demon distance shrink isn't really better. You teleport 30 meters, which isn't good since you'll more than likely shrink out of range. Sage on the other hand will keep you in range of your enemy, and it cost less chi.

I am not a demon wizard, but this seems wrong to me on at least seven fronts.

First of all, which is "better" is a matter of opinion. He is entitled to his, you are entitled to yours. Your efforts to declare someone else's opinion, someone else's preference, as wrong - well, you're wrong.

Second, sage wizards use it less often outside of sutra, not only in sutra.

Third, one of the reasons they use it less often outside of sutra is PRECISELY BECAUSE of the channel time. So less channel time would absolutely make it more useable outside of sutra.

Fourth, again, with distance shrink, which is better is a matter of preference.

Fifth, it is hard to say that distance shrink out of range of using your attack skills is a bad thing. Distance shrink is primarily a kiting skill, not an attacking skill. So inevitably, you want to DS far away from your opponent.

Sixth, it is hard to say that you DS out of range of your skills, since isn't the range on demon MS like 35m?

Seventh, using DS to attack is also done, but done better with demon. You can DS from outside of an archer's range completely to inside the range where his damage is nerfed.

This is the reason you and Adolt and the like are so I'll suited to provide advice. You ego makes you veil your opinions (essentially your preferences) with an air of absolutism that is unwarranted, and disrespectful to other people who have a difference of opinion. Luckily, I am here to confront such feebleminded totalitarianism with a bit more reasoned approach.
    Idk how much you pk . . . .

No, but we all know how much you pk, don't we?b:chuckle
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited October 2011
    First of all, would you say you feel disrespected by what I said Asim? Or was I just stating my opinions?

1/4- yeah no **** everyone has their own opinions. I gave mine. Umad?

2/3- Hardly anyone ever uses DP outside of sutra. There's simply no reason to. There's spells that take just as long to channel but cause more damage. Of course there's always scenarios that it's nice to have less channeling, but the situations are far and few in between.

5- 25 meters is plenty. If you're fighting a mele char, then you DS right before they're in range so you can avoid getting stunned. Therefore, you'd be slightly out of range. If you're fighting a ranged char, then you're probably almost at your max range anyways. 25 meters is more than enough to leave their range.

6- wow really? That was a stupid point, even for you. MS is one skill. Our longest casting skill. If you're fighting a ranged char, they only have to walk ~5 meters to be in range to stun you. Otherwise, the person you're fighting can just walk backwards for a few meters and be out of range...
    or use their anti-stun sprint skill to get right back into range.

7- DS into an archers mele range? Seriously? They don't have to be sins to roflrape us with aps. That aside, they still have more control moves than us, higher dps, and faster channeling skills. Going against an archer face to face is suicide.

I'm starting to wonder if you got all your kills from tab targeting in TW because you obviously seem to know nothing about pking. Especially since someone like me that never pks keeps logic **** you b:chuckle
    edited October 2011
    1/4- yeah no **** everyone has their own opinions. I gave mine. Umad?

Already explained this.
    2/3- Hardly anyone ever uses DP outside of sutra. There's simply no reason to. There's spells that take just as long to channel but cause more damage.

you use sandstorm or snare or whatever, and ill use divine pyro + genie spark. Then talk to me about which does more damage taking "just as long to channel".

Still think there is "simply no reason to" use DP. With genie spark, an arguement can be made that divine pyro is just about the ONLY long channel spell you should use outside of sutra.
    5- 25 meters is plenty . . . 25 meters is more than enough to leave their range.

See how you changed the argument here? We weren't discussing whether sage was "plenty" or "more than enough" - but whether demon was too long or out of range.

I take your change of argument as an admission that I won the first one. tyvm.
    6- MS is one skill. Our longest casting skill.

Changing again. Fact is, you said demon DS put him out of range. It doesn't. You chaning the argument AGAIN from that to how MS is long casting, etc. - well, i take that as another victory, ty.
    7- DS into an archers mele range? Seriously? They don't have to be sins to roflrape us with aps. That aside, they still have more control moves than us, higher dps, and faster channeling skills. Going against an archer face to face is suicide.

Nope. In fact, more often than not, you must do that. Or at least ought to. If you are ever going to sleep an archer, its better to do it at 5 meters than at 20. Suicide is letting them attack you at range. Some of them have a longer range than us, you know?

And aps archer? really? I PRAY for the day that an archer drops his bow against me. If your afraid of an aps melee archer, hang it up.
    Going against an archer face to face is suicide.

No way, just ask your idol. He says 1 vs 1 any wizard should own any archer.
    I'm starting to wonder if you got all your kills from tab targeting in TW because you obviously seem to know nothing about pking. Especially since someone like me that never pks keeps logic **** you b:chuckle

Again, don't wonder, come on over - I'll whoop ya with an +3 aquadash.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited October 2011
    Already explained this.

Way to avoid answering the question. I guess by your logic you just conceded? Cool.

you use sandstorm or snare or whatever, and ill use divine pyro + genie spark. Then talk to me about which does more damage taking "just as long to channel".

Still think there is "simply no reason to" use DP. With genie spark, an arguement can be made that divine pyro is just about the ONLY long channel spell you should use outside of sutra.

Genie spark has a range of 20 meters. At that range, pretty much any mele class could be on you in a second. And ranged classes would obviously be able to counter. Let's not even consider that the opponent could counter with windshield or any number of other things.

See how you changed the argument here? We weren't discussing whether sage was "plenty" or "more than enough" - but whether demon was too long or out of range.

I take your change of argument as an admission that I won the first one. tyvm.

I hope you're trying to be funny by this comment. Otherwise... well I already think you're a moron so I guess there's nothing to lose.

The subject- I thought sage DS > demon DS. I stated that retaining chi is better than teleporting an extra 5 meters, then went on to explain how useless those 5 meters are. One of my points being that 25 meters is more than enough to accomplish what DS is meant to be used for.

Jeez sometimes I wonder if you're setting yourself up to get whipped just for the lolz...

Changing again. Fact is, you said demon DS put him out of range. It doesn't. You chaning the argument AGAIN from that to how MS is long casting, etc. - well, i take that as another victory, ty.

It definitely puts him out of range for almost all of his skills. And if he's using it when the enemy is only a mere 6 meters away, then not even MS is in range.
    I also mentioned that it's long casting because 35 meters won't be enough if the enemy uses a movement buff to close the distance while you're casting it.

And just because I know you won't make the connection: DSing out of most/all of your skills range is not as useful as saving chi every time you use the skill. Therefore I am not changing subject, but merely proving my point with examples and evidence*

*take notes, you should try this sometime.

Nope. In fact, more often than not, you must do that. Or at least ought to. If you are ever going to sleep an archer, its better to do it at 5 meters than at 20. Suicide is letting them attack you at range. Some of them have a longer range than us, you know?

And aps archer? really? I PRAY for the day that an archer drops his bow against me. If your afraid of an aps melee archer, hang it up.

Unless you outgear the archer, you'll get roflraped if you get in close. FoW and a 2min CD sleep don't compare to stunning arrow.

Btw I find your viewpoint funny. I used to believe getting close to the archer was the smarter thing to do, but experience showed me otherwise. I even wrote a guide in my old fac's forums. Just saying it's funny how you're about a year behind my thinking.

No way, just as your idol. He says 1 vs 1 any wizard should own any archer.

Sure if you stay at range.
    And what does Tom Cruise have to do with this?

Again, don't wonder, come on over - I'll whoop ya with an +3 aquadash.

You know what? Sure. Tell me when you have a +3 gold lunar wep for my psy, as well as tt90.
    I still have mana left in my mp charm, so I won't need one of those, but I will need a hp charm.
    Oh and we need equal flyers. So either get a .5 flyer or get me a flyer equivalent to what you have.
    And I'll need a decent genie. So if yours is 71+ lp, I'll need one as well.
    Crabs are needed as well.
    And don't forget apoth. Any apoth you use, I'll need as well. And don't tell me we won't use apoth, because that's not how pk works.
    Lastly, I'll need some coin to upgrade my skills. Atm I mostly only lvled my aoe skills for TW. I'll need some coin if I'm going to level my more 1v1 appropriate skills.
    Oh and of course the skill books too.

I think that will come out to ~50m depending on the flyer you're getting me and your server prices.

Thanks in advance for being such an understanding and generous host b:cute b:thanks
    I can't wait to spend time with you b:kiss
    edited October 2011
    Genie spark has a range of 20 meters. At that range, pretty much any mele class could be on you in a second. And ranged classes would obviously be able to counter. Let's not even consider that the opponent could counter with windshield or any number of other things.

So Adroit is wrong to hail genie spark - got it. You might have an issue with him though.

But honestly, you've indicated on another thread that your like 12 years old, so I honestly can't be bothered with you anymore. I am happy to let the reader decide who's who and what's what.

Good luck killing those archers 1 vs 1 at 30 meters without sleep. Oh wait, I forgot - you don't pk.
    edited October 2011
    Well I don't really have any valid arguments, so I'm going to be hypocritical and change the subject to your age b:surrender

Translated. And it's okay MystiPoo, you tried your best buddy b:cuteb:bye
    edited October 2011
    Translated. And it's okay MystiPoo, you tried your best buddy b:cuteb:bye

Nice try - everyone can see it was you that changed the subject to age, not me. Tell me: who ran out of valid arguments again?

P.S.: when my posts get THAT short, you aren't doing a very good job.
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    A few things.

1) Get this dang arguement out of my dang guide. b:laugh
    2) I always do use demon DP outside of suttra. I do: Undine>Sleep>EP>DP. It even rhymes at the end. It oneshots any HA or LA that isn't heavily defensed (Nirvy or R9 or high refined R8, etc.)
    3) I really don't think that sage DS is that much better than demon. I think they're pretty equal, but I'm demon path, so I picked it to be winner. b:laugh

- Drew Flowers
    edited October 2011
    Why EP instead of spark? I mean I know spark would knock them out of sleep but you can just wait till the last second to use it.
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    Why EP instead of spark? I mean I know spark would knock them out of sleep but you can just wait till the last second to use it.

Main reason: My genie has no fire affinity whatsoever. b:laugh
    Secondary reason: You just said it. It knocks 'em outta sleep.
    Kinda the final reason: It's range fails. Like you also said.

- Drew Flowers