I need help

LovelySammy - Raging Tide
LovelySammy - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Mystic
can anyone say me which stats and what skills a mystic needsb:pleaseb:victoryb:victoryb:victoryb:victory
Post edited by LovelySammy - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Lolwut?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1107541

All of them are useful.

Any build that suits your playstyle, but 9 mag 1 str per 2 levels is the most of of damage output, which you are a DD.
  • agiya
    agiya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I started out focused on Str & Mag, but once I reached lvl 80 found that I had placed too much into Mag & Str and not enough into Vit - so now Im making sure I place a point or two into Vit - although I REALLY want to put everything into Mag lol.

The Mystic is a Magic char after all, the Physical Attack side is a joke as far as I can see - but then again, I have only developed this one char.

In the end it depends on your Mystics focus - are you primarily a healer? are you primarily DD? do you have a balance going between DD and heals?

Basics would be to max your Ressurection Buff & Wood Mastery as soon as possible - and dont bother with your Cragglord till after you max EVERYTHING else you want (20 secs of anything with a long cooldown is hardly worth it when you have spells that can do so much more),

after that its kind of more focused on you and how you like to play the game - your gears, their bonuses, your gems and so on.

Brillance
    Lvl 88 Mystic
    Raging Tide
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    agiya wrote: »
    I started out focused on Str & Mag, but once I reached lvl 80 found that I had placed too much into Mag & Str and not enough into Vit - so now Im making sure I place a point or two into Vit - although I REALLY want to put everything into Mag lol.

The Mystic is a Magic char after all, the Physical Attack side is a joke as far as I can see - but then again, I have only developed this one char.

In the end it depends on your Mystics focus - are you primarily a healer? are you primarily DD? do you have a balance going between DD and heals?

Basics would be to max your Ressurection Buff & Wood Mastery as soon as possible - and dont bother with your Cragglord till after you max EVERYTHING else you want (20 secs of anything with a long cooldown is hardly worth it when you have spells that can do so much more),

after that its kind of more focused on you and how you like to play the game - your gears, their bonuses, your gems and so on.

Brillance
    Lvl 88 Mystic
    Raging Tide

Okay for one. Mystic's aren't primarly anything, they should be ready to adapt to anything and everything. Plus with pets/debuff you can possibly support and DD more than a cleric can depending on your situation. There should be balance, always because a cleric can go full DD or full support, guess what.... theyre gimping theirselves, like a mystic would if they did the same thing..

Second, Cragglord was the ulti that I maxed before I leveled bramble tornado, wanna know why? because it can knock out 100k+ hp off any boss/mob/thingamob while aoe'ing in 20 seconds and spamming your skills takes x50 hits. Not a single Mystic skill should be on the back burner, but heals, res, DD skills, are a must. Its like telling me, don't level sting because the extra 1k damage he deals is useless on anything. Tbh, the one I find least useful is Energy leech, for its practical use of resisting stuns/etc. Maybe thats why my cragg was lvl 10 before energy leech, heal plants, bramble tornado, thicket, I even think I leveled cragg more than sally because my heals were so strong.
  • agiya
    agiya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Okay for one. Mystic's aren't primarly anything, they should be ready to adapt to anything and everything. Plus with pets/debuff you can possibly support and DD more than a cleric can depending on your situation. There should be balance, always because a cleric can go full DD or full support, guess what.... theyre gimping theirselves, like a mystic would if they did the same thing..

Second, Cragglord was the ulti that I maxed before I leveled bramble tornado, wanna know why? because it can knock out 100k+ hp off any boss/mob/thingamob while aoe'ing in 20 seconds and spamming your skills takes x50 hits. Not a single Mystic skill should be on the back burner, but heals, res, DD skills, are a must. Its like telling me, don't level sting because the extra 1k damage he deals is useless on anything. Tbh, the one I find least useful is Energy leech, for its practical use of resisting stuns/etc. Maybe thats why my cragg was lvl 10 before energy leech, heal plants, bramble tornado, thicket, I even think I leveled cragg more than sally because my heals were so strong.

I hate to tell ya, but I meet people all the time that expect me to simply heal.. .I will never simply heal lol.. .but that is their perception of what a mystic is - and this a perception shared by other mystics, out of necessity.. .you cant get a squad unless you are what people EXPECT you to be. Fortunately most are just happy to have the res and pretection buffs - and anything else you manage to do is a bonus.. .b:victory

Some mystics ARE primarly healers. Its a fact.

I agree with the endgame result of your opinion. But that is not the case for low levels usually.
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    agiya wrote: »
    I hate to tell ya, but I meet people all the time that expect me to simply heal.. .I will never simply heal lol.. .but that is their perception of what a mystic is - and this a perception shared by other mystics, out of necessity.. .you cant get a squad unless you are what people EXPECT you to be. Fortunately most are just happy to have the res and pretection buffs - and anything else you manage to do is a bonus.. .b:victory

Some mystics ARE primarly healers. Its a fact.

I agree with the endgame result of your opinion. But that is not the case for low levels usually.

I'm not saying they aren't primarly healers, I'm saying a full support cleric is more useless than one that can debuff/DD at the same time keep the squad alive. JUST LIKE A MYSTIC SHOULD.

And perception, I don't heal for lures even when I'm the healer, I straight up DD.
  • Nefertia - Archosaur
    Nefertia - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I'm not saying they aren't primarly healers, I'm saying a full support cleric is more useless than one that can debuff/DD at the same time keep the squad alive. JUST LIKE A MYSTIC SHOULD.

And perception, I don't heal for lures even when I'm the healer, I straight up DD.

When no clerics are available they should step up to the challange of healing to get their missions completed.
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    IKnuke - Harshlands Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    When no clerics are available they should step up to the challange of healing to get their missions completed.

That's what we're about, I like what you are saying lol.
    Anyway, I got all my skills maxed and i use all of them.
    My build is pure Magic, 55 Str.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    That's what we're about, I like what you are saying lol.
    Anyway, I got all my skills maxed and i use all of them.
    My build is pure Magic, 55 Str.

I was thinking of reseting points to a Pure Magic build, but I have two questions about it which may seem stupid to any seasoned player - but Im a newb and should be able to get away with it. xD

1. I have 60 Vit (with gear bonuses) & 41 without which seems like its too much (but might not be), and I can still drop like a mosquito hitting a bug lamp on the right boss. And, Im afraid of letting Vit go completely. Staying back is good - but not 100% effective - how do you deal with that?

2. I assume since I can easily pull aggro now - I will risk pulling it even more with a stronger DD. I'm already taking it slow & trying *with fingers crossed* not to crit on a boss like Polearm. How do pure magic Mystics deal with that?

Thanks. b:thanks
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    I was thinking of reseting points to a Pure Magic build, but I have two questions about it which may seem stupid to any seasoned player - but Im a newb and should be able to get away with it. xD

1. I have 60 Vit (with gear bonuses) & 41 without which seems like its too much (but might not be), and I can still drop like a mosquito hitting a bug lamp on the right boss. And, Im afraid of letting Vit go completely. Staying back is good - but not 100% effective - how do you deal with that?

2. I assume since I can easily pull aggro now - I will risk pulling it even more with a stronger DD. I'm already taking it slow & trying *with fingers crossed* not to crit on a boss like Polearm. How do pure magic Mystics deal with that?

Thanks. b:thanks

If you use absorb soul... you won't steal at all? lol

Absorb soul = -1 aggro(sarcasm) and then you can spam sparked NV when tank has established aggro.
    edited October 2011
    If you use absorb soul... you won't steal at all? lol

Absorb soul = -1 aggro(sarcasm) and then you can spam sparked NV when tank has established aggro.

Okay point taken - slow spell, if they dont have aggro by then - my butts dead anyway...

What about the massive HP/MP phys def & mag def loss from the Vit point loss?

Bear in mind Im having a hard time maintaining Immaculate Citrines cash wise thx.

EDIT: Honestly - I think what you have said and what I have said, has talked me out of it already =\
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    1. Vit does not give mp.

2. The HP, p/mdef loss from going pure mag really isn't that big, especially not for a pure mag class, especially not when considering how much matk you really lose.

3. Flawless are really cheap and are fine till 100 :b

I would only stat vit if you're having trouble getting 5k hp at end game so you can do caster nirv to farm refines, eventually restatting once the extra 500 or so hp you get from vit(at least I would hope no one stats >50 points into it) are no longer needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Okay point taken - slow spell, if they dont have aggro by then - my butts dead anyway...

What about the massive HP/MP phys def & mag def loss from the Vit point loss?

Bear in mind Im having a hard time maintaining Immaculate Citrines cash wise thx.

EDIT: Honestly - I think what you have said and what I have said, has talked me out of it already =\

Uhh actually, I demon spark at the start of bosses, pop a NV and two AS's dealing over 300k collectively, AS has no aggro, not that its slow, it has no aggro lol.

And HP will factor alot more in than defenses, since for one you gain pdef from str and mdef from mag too.

And losing 400 hp from you 41 vit or so wouldnt change too much. But i have vital in because i play like a heavy.... since im able to do lures in FC b:laugh
    edited October 2011
    Uhh actually, I demon spark at the start of bosses, pop a NV and two AS's dealing over 300k collectively, AS has no aggro, not that its slow, it has no aggro lol.

And HP will factor alot more in than defenses, since for one you gain pdef from str and mdef from mag too.

And losing 400 hp from you 41 vit or so wouldnt change too much. But i have vital in because i play like a heavy.... since im able to do lures in FC b:laugh

Im glad to see my newness to the game delights you so.

AS IS slow. Even with -18% channeling and using rapid growth - its slow. Its alot better than without, but its still slow. I knew it didnt crit - but I didnt know it wouldn't aggro. Thanks.

How much Vit would you shave off the 41?

Oh wait...duh. Pure Magic = no Vit. Sorry.

I have 4161 HP as I am, with about 5200+ with a barb buff.
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The reason AS gives no agro, can't crit, and doesn't show in your damage log or the target's is because the attack is actually done by an invisible mob. In that sense, it's like Thicket, except that it still gets boosted by sparking because its damage has a factor of your magic attack in it. Since the pet attacks and disappears, you only get nominal agro like you would if you sent a pet to lure a mob. However, it doesn't work to lure, sadly. In theory it should, but I tested it and it doesn't, so it's possible my interpretation is incorrect, but I think that it's the best way to explain the attack's properties.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Im glad to see my newness to the game delights you so.

AS IS slow. Even with -18% channeling and using rapid growth - its slow. Its alot better than without, but its still slow. I knew it didnt crit - but I didnt know it wouldn't aggro. Thanks.

How much Vit would you shave off the 41?

Oh wait...duh. Pure Magic = no Vit. Sorry.

I have 4161 HP as I am, with about 5200+ with a barb buff.

I think my 21% without orns/rings and then rapid plus demon.... What's that almost 75% channel off as is alot haha....

I think I only have like 20 vit base with 4.4k base hp and my crappy gears >.<
    But I never really had hp as a main concern since most of the time I'm never getting hit, ESP in squads because I always lead off with plants/buff nv as macro
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    I have got -45% Channeling, After using Demon Spark and Rapid Growth i simply have instant channeling.
    So that kinda kills Arcanes unless they escape like cats.
    edited October 2011
    I think my 21% without orns/rings and then rapid plus demon.... What's that almost 75% channel off as is alot haha....

I think I only have like 20 vit base with 4.4k base hp and my crappy gears >.<
    But I never really had hp as a main concern since most of the time I'm never getting hit, ESP in squads because I always lead off with plants/buff nv as macro

Well, that is interesting. 4.4K HP with allegedly crappy gears at level 94. I guess that confirms I have too much HP, as you are 4 levels above me. Im not sure how much HP is added each time you level though.

I dont PK, unless you count TW, which I have not done yet either - although I have always enjoyed battlegrounds/battlefields in other games. I would love to feel a little more powerful but I guess I need to work on changing my playstyle a bit before I get bold enough to change anything.

Thanks for the perspective on that. b:pleased
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Well, that is interesting. 4.4K HP with allegedly crappy gears at level 94. I guess that confirms I have too much HP, as you are 4 levels above me. Im not sure how much HP is added each time you level though.

I dont PK, unless you count TW, which I have not done yet either - although I have always enjoyed battlegrounds/battlefields in other games. I would love to feel a little more powerful but I guess I need to work on changing my playstyle a bit before I get bold enough to change anything.

Thanks for the perspective on that. b:pleased

Yeah 1/2 TT90 1/2 legend +2 gear flawless.... yeah its pretty crappy.
    I used to have a +5 set with immacs, but that was before i quit b:chuckle
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I have got -45% Channeling, After using Demon Spark and Rapid Growth i simply have instant channeling.
    So that kinda kills Arcanes unless they escape like cats.

does demon spark stack with demon rapid growth/rapid growth in general? cos u said u use both at the same time?
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    does demon spark stack with demon rapid growth/rapid growth in general? cos u said u use both at the same time?

Of course it does.
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Of course it does.

Because they are two different buffs.

Mystics get two baby spark buffs.
    Rapid = demon
    the 79 skill i just learned... lol = sage
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Of course it does.

great more reasons for me to rethink my sage/demon path for mysty =.= op channeling man b:cryb:shockedb:sad. my mystic's going to stay in her 80s forever b:cry.