Need some advice,I'm so confused..

rezzi88
rezzi88 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Psychic
Hello all PWI addicts!

I have just came back to start playing PWI once again after been quiting it for good while.And with that..I would've appreciate for some advice.

I have a Mystic lvl 50 and a level 30 Psychic and have to figure out which class I'm gonna be.I'm looking for the class that suits me the best.
I want to be able to farm,grind,TT,TW,PVP and a lot of instances.

I love my Mystic but find it very hard being one since I'm not used to being full support,there's so much you gotta watch out for and have the responsibility to keep everybody safe.You gotta throw support on the tanker,put plants and pets on the boss,keep the pet alive,aoe heal and so on so on..so much action.I've heard Mystics are good farmer and may be able to solo few TT's.But It really doesnt matter to me being able to solo TT's because it takes too long to make a run by yourself.What I do love the most about psychics is the revive,heal and physical defence buff.They eat mana like we breathe the air..its like b:shocked kill 5 monsters ---> Meditate.Moneywise..people told me it'll be an issue to get the skills at higher levels since it's so expensive.I already find it very expensive at my level b:surrender.

Psychic on the other hand..I've been a level 62 Psy on DW server but like I said,I just came back and havent played for long time and cant really remember the playing style on it b:sad.My psy is yet level 30 and I do enjoy it to the fullest!Psys are such a powerhouse!I havent yet experienced pvp but people keep telling me they are awesome if you learn the class properly.This is also a class for TW,pvp,FC and others idk about yet.Just remember that this is just from what people have told me.I find Psychics very enjoyable,I kill stuff in 2-3 shot and dies before they even reach me.They do have a healing skill which Is awesome,but I rarely use it since monsters wont get close to me.Psys also have lots of buffs that reflects back damage to players which I found very useful for both TW and pvp (most of buffs are for pvp).I do like the role of being DD since thats what I'm most comfortable with,just stay back and put dot's,debuffs and attacking skill.But there's still alot of stuff I dont know about psychics.I find Psychics grindable and dont run out of mana like Mystic does.Moneywise I dont know..but theres always a way out to fix that.

Now you guys probably ask what my question is?

Which of this class do you think suits best for what I'm looking for?
Are Psychic a good class for beginner or is it very complicated?
Which one is more cheaper to build up?

For everybody who have taken their time to read this post...Thank you so much!
And for those who are willing to reply back..I very much appreciate for all the help.b:cute

So have fun out there! b:bye
Post edited by rezzi88 on

Comments

• /Eclipse - Harshlands61
    /Eclipse - Harshlands61 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    In my opinion both classes are coin sinks and bad endgame farmers compared to sins, blademasters, barbs, clerics and venomancers. I stopped playing my mystic at level 60 because the mana consumptium wasn't funny anymore^^
    I can tell you that you will have problems to get the coins for your endgame equipment, soulstones, refines and skills if you go with one of the 2 classes as mainchar (I made 95% of my coins with merchanting). But on the way to endgame/high level you will have a lot of fun with psychic or mystic.
  • rezzi88
    edited October 2011
    In my opinion both classes are coin sinks and bad endgame farmers compared to sins, blademasters, barbs, clerics and venomancers. I stopped playing my mystic at level 60 because the mana consumptium wasn't funny anymore^^
    I can tell you that you will have problems to get the coins for your endgame equipment, soulstones, refines and skills if you go with one of the 2 classes as mainchar (I made 95% of my coins with merchanting). But on the way to endgame/high level you will have a lot of fun with psychic or mystic.

Thanks for your reply! About money,I'll make it work somehow b:cute.I've been thinking and I do believe psychic is my type of play because I really am a person who wants to deal damage.I just made my fb 51 earlier yesterday and didnt like my role in it because all i did were healing the tank/all the others,get my pet out get it to stay alive..heal it AND my plants b:shocked its just too much for me to handle.The boss had a little less than half health and I ran out of mana..you know how it is..Mana without Mystic is totally fail.Its like being dead for the rest of time lols b:laugh.With psychic all I basically do is dot's,aoe heal once in a while and damage..I kinda like it that way.This is the kind of role I've had earlier (played a veno lvl 72).I dont know about farming and grinding but it seems to me that psychics do better work on that since the Mystic takes too much mana doing it (not funny at all!).So for now I'll be exploring my Psychic to her level 50's and see about it.
  • Khiren - Lost City
    Khiren - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    You just said you were healing your plants? You're doing it wrong. ._____. Plants can't be healed.

Mystics are versatile; DD, debuff, support, heal, all at once. If you can't handle sicking your pet on a mob, dropping a plant (only on big pulls) and using falling petals/break in the clouds, mystic isn't for you. It's not that difficult, and if you tell a squad "I'd rather not be the only healer," you can get a cleric and DD only, tossing debuffs when needed. If all you want is to DD, psys are categorized as DD only (although they definitely can do more). Mystics tend to get put into squads for more than just DD, and thus get into squads that pure DD psys don't.

BUT I love my little psy. It's low, but I enjoy it. :3 Just thought I'd give a mystic perspective.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It's best to not compare Mystic and Psyhic to the other classes, same with Wizard. These classes are very unique.

I love Psyhic because she is kills with speed and distance. Most mobs she attacks are dead before they can strike her. I like her ability to self buff, heal and her protection buffs really are amazing. I just do not like how short they are.

For Mystic, well I and my then-husband power-leveled her to 75 and I had to reroll her to learn the class. Mystic was just not one I could pick up and learn fast. I kept trying to play her like my veno.

So my newer one is 51 now and taking time to really grind with her, has helped. She lends good supports to squads and is very good at cc (crowd control) and gaining control of a crashing squad. I am still trying to find my way with the play style...

Wizard - well what can I say... total Nukers.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I'd go for a Mystic (if you are set on being AA for your first character) and here is why:

Your game time will consist of either the slow or fast way of leveling up. The slow is the more enjoyable route. This consists of BHs, Questing, Phoenix Valley, FBs done on time. As Clerics wane in popularity, Mystics have stepped in to fill the role of "healer" in many instances. Although they are mana intensive, which is costly, they can efficiently heal most things Clerics can heal and you will never be without a squad.

Psychics on the other hand are notably tough to play in instances starting around the mid 50s due to how much aggro they accrue quickly, and how crappy tanks are at maintaining aggro. Expect to die a lot until you learn what to avoid. You will get into squads that require AoE DD, but you are never the preferred class.

For End Game instances, neither Mystics or Psychics are desirable overall. Nirvana squads will reject you. Caster Nirvana squads will love you. TT squads will reject you for lack of a Cleric's BB. It will be slow to gear unless you find people to help you as you are not desirable as a DD for money making squads. I ended up rolling a Cleric to farm on using my Psy's gear and the account stash. In BHs you are desirable in almost every one on either class.

In TW Psys are very, very useful even when not Rank 9 due to their crowd control skills. Mystics are very useful as well. You should not have trouble getting into a TW faction/squad with either of these classes.

If you would like to try a less expensive option, Venos are known for their inexpensive leveling. While it may not end up your main character, you should begin to actually start MAKING money from grinding and doing quests as opposed to spending it on costly mana potions. Cleric is an unforgiving job, but almost no squad will ever reject you and the mana cost is not as extreme (it's still high) as a Mystic.

If you are open to other options roll an Assassin or Archer. Sins, while near damn useless in TW, are highly desirable, even though they require expensive gear to reach their full potential. Archers are the cheapest route to 5.0 and very easy to level. With a 5.0 toon in your arsenal, farming ANYTHING is not beyond your reach.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rezzi88
    edited October 2011
    You just said you were healing your plants? You're doing it wrong. ._____. Plants can't be healed.

Mystics are versatile; DD, debuff, support, heal, all at once. If you can't handle sicking your pet on a mob, dropping a plant (only on big pulls) and using falling petals/break in the clouds, mystic isn't for you. It's not that difficult, and if you tell a squad "I'd rather not be the only healer," you can get a cleric and DD only, tossing debuffs when needed. If all you want is to DD, psys are categorized as DD only (although they definitely can do more). Mystics tend to get put into squads for more than just DD, and thus get into squads that pure DD psys don't.

BUT I love my little psy. It's low, but I enjoy it. :3 Just thought I'd give a mystic perspective.

Hi.
    My bad,I didnt mean it that way...I meant that i have to summon pet--send it--heal it and put plants..I know plants cant be healed..didnt put it up on the post..so very big excuse for that.I have now officially made my psychic my main and I'm enjoying every second of it :D.
  • rezzi88
    edited October 2011
    I'd go for a Mystic (if you are set on being AA for your first character) and here is why:

Your game time will consist of either the slow or fast way of leveling up. The slow is the more enjoyable route. This consists of BHs, Questing, Phoenix Valley, FBs done on time. As Clerics wane in popularity, Mystics have stepped in to fill the role of "healer" in many instances. Although they are mana intensive, which is costly, they can efficiently heal most things Clerics can heal and you will never be without a squad.

Psychics on the other hand are notably tough to play in instances starting around the mid 50s due to how much aggro they accrue quickly, and how crappy tanks are at maintaining aggro. Expect to die a lot until you learn what to avoid. You will get into squads that require AoE DD, but you are never the preferred class.

For End Game instances, neither Mystics or Psychics are desirable overall. Nirvana squads will reject you. Caster Nirvana squads will love you. TT squads will reject you for lack of a Cleric's BB. It will be slow to gear unless you find people to help you as you are not desirable as a DD for money making squads. I ended up rolling a Cleric to farm on using my Psy's gear and the account stash. In BHs you are desirable in almost every one on either class.

In TW Psys are very, very useful even when not Rank 9 due to their crowd control skills. Mystics are very useful as well. You should not have trouble getting into a TW faction/squad with either of these classes.

If you would like to try a less expensive option, Venos are known for their inexpensive leveling. While it may not end up your main character, you should begin to actually start MAKING money from grinding and doing quests as opposed to spending it on costly mana potions. Cleric is an unforgiving job, but almost no squad will ever reject you and the mana cost is not as extreme (it's still high) as a Mystic.

If you are open to other options roll an Assassin or Archer. Sins, while near damn useless in TW, are highly desirable, even though they require expensive gear to reach their full potential. Archers are the cheapest route to 5.0 and very easy to level. With a 5.0 toon in your arsenal, farming ANYTHING is not beyond your reach.

Hi Kerona!

Thanks alot for your information!
    I have now decided to make my Psychic my main.I've read alot of posts about how unwanted Psys are in squad,but the thing about picking the class here is that you gotta find the class that will fit your gamerole.I have found Psychic my type of gameplay and role Im comfortable with.When it comes to taking aggro,I'll learn how to handle it in time.. because thats what you do..you study your class and see what to do and not to do in specific stuff.I have roled a veno before and wont do it again atm because I've found it so damn boring (I've been veno for too long..way back in 2009).Ill find a way to get money by farming,harvesting and such..Gold is also included :D because I want to reach endgame this time.If people dont want me then so be it,as long as I enjoy my class..I dont boughter them.So thanks alot b:victory.
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    PLAY which you enjoy the most = PSY
    we're just cooler b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • rezzi88
    edited October 2011
    PLAY which you enjoy the most = PSY
    we're just cooler b:bye

Yes indeed b:chuckleb:laughb:victory