Badge of Lucius the Tainted

Paer - Raging Tide
Paer - Raging Tide Posts: 65 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Is there any use down the road? It can't be traded, it can't be discarded, it isn't lost upon death so what quest does this thing come into play? Or did some developer go you know what'd be awesome to take away one precious slot in someone's bank by giving them this pointless item.
Post edited by Paer - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Ence - Lost City
    Ence - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You'll need it for a quest a bit further down the road. Just hang on to it :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You'll need it for a quest a bit further down the road. Just hang on to it :)

Would you happen to know which quest? If so I would love to know myself. I'd like to see whats involved with it if it's already got a component from a low level quest involved.

~DF
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Would you happen to know which quest? If so I would love to know myself. I'd like to see whats involved with it if it's already got a component from a low level quest involved.

~DF

It's from the quest 'Never Return' at level 16. You get the quest from the elder, who then teleports you up to the floating thing to talk to someone.

You're looking for one of the captain's guards or something, in the Mountains of Despair. You dig up the guard's body, and then speak to someone working with the Nightspike. She's waiting for Lucius. You give her the badge, she thinks you're a messanger of Lucius, and proceeds to tell you a little bit about their plans before she figures out you're not.

You fight her pet, she gives in, cries, switches sides, tells you everything you wanna know, "oh great warrior". And she gives you all the info you need. I think it leads into the Ocean Tusker quest at level 19.

--Yeah, I just did the quest. >>
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's from the quest 'Never Return' at level 16. You get the quest from the elder, who then teleports you up to the floating thing to talk to someone.

You're looking for one of the captain's guards or something, in the Mountains of Despair. You dig up the guard's body, and then speak to someone working with the Nightspike. She's waiting for Lucius. You give her the badge, she thinks you're a messanger of Lucius, and proceeds to tell you a little bit about their plans before she figures out you're not.

You fight her pet, she gives in, cries, switches sides, tells you everything you wanna know, "oh great warrior". And she gives you all the info you need. I think it leads into the Ocean Tusker quest at level 19.

--Yeah, I just did the quest. >>

weird. I already did all that and STILL have the badge.

~DF
  • keyshey
    keyshey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    weird. I already did all that and STILL have the badge.

~DF

me too, I already did the quest and I still have it

will it be used for anything else?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ohanafamily
    ohanafamily Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This has nothing to do with the Ocean Tusker quest chain. It's useful for a side quest between Never Return and Enemy's Plans called Treason ~

1. Speak to Murmuring Person (622, 138)

2. Kill 1 Summoned Guard

3. Speak to Murmuring Person (622, 138)

4. Report to the Elder (657, 143) -Reward (Coin: 3000, Exp: 5054, Spirit: 1573, Rep:4)

If you happen to advance without doing this quest (i.e. get to level 20) you've missed it and can not do it, you've leveled past it.

However, the Badge can be sold for 0 to get rid of it.
  • Salasyn - Heavens Tear
    Salasyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This has nothing to do with the Ocean Tusker quest chain. It's useful for a side quest between Never Return and Enemy's Plans called Treason ~

1. Speak to Murmuring Person (622, 138)

2. Kill 1 Summoned Guard

3. Speak to Murmuring Person (622, 138)

4. Report to the Elder (657, 143) -Reward (Coin: 3000, Exp: 5054, Spirit: 1573, Rep:4)

If you happen to advance without doing this quest (i.e. get to level 20) you've missed it and can not do it, you've leveled past it.

However, the Badge can be sold for 0 to get rid of it.

Have you ever thought of checking the dates on threads?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • endeavourish
    endeavourish Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Have you ever thought of checking the dates on threads?

Is it just me, or is this a rude comment?

1) This thread is NOT closed.

2) The question, up to this point, had not been adequately answered. NOW there is a good answer, both with where it was to be used AND how to get rid of the badge if you are beyond the point of using it.

Thanks so much for your response ohanafamily.
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    inb4 closing for necro
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Is it just me, or is this a rude comment?

it's just you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Closed for necro.

Don't post in threads which haven't been posted in for more than 30 days, please.
This discussion has been closed.