A question about plants...

Salasyn - Heavens Tear
Salasyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Mystic
Does vital herb help "deflect debuff hits" from Decaying Fragrance?

I had an FF squad getting angry at me for not having vital herb out, because it adds to MP usage(I had already used about 300k off my MP charm at that point) I didn't want to get something out that wouldn't exactly help that much anyway. FF squads have been doing decaying fragrance for ages without the help of vital herb and now it's a necessity? I have no problem getting it out for AoE bosses because yes, it will help but I see now point in wasting even more MP then I am when it won't help that much.

Am I completely wrong or what?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Salasyn - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Does vital herb help "deflect debuff hits" from Decaying Fragrance?

I had an FF squad getting angry at me for not having vital herb out, because it adds to MP usage(I had already used about 300k off my MP charm at that point) I didn't want to get something out that wouldn't exactly help that much anyway. FF squads have been doing decaying fragrance for ages without the help of vital herb and now it's a necessity? I have no problem getting it out for AoE bosses because yes, it will help but I see now point in wasting even more MP then I am when it won't help that much.

Am I completely wrong or what?

What? lol....

You should be able to keep a barb alive in an 8x squad with just BitC + Petals combo.
    Vital herb is really just for.... erhm a safety net that wastes a spark sometimes lol...

But overall since it heals massive hp, it helps if its difficult to keep the tank's hp up.
    A sin or bm shouldnt be tanking at that level with a mystic because they cant spark purify.
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    No, vital herb does nothing against debuffs, it just heals. However, at 8x a mystic really shouldn't be trying to heal fragrence imo. Due to a lack of purify (those doing frost, after all, usually had a cleric with purify), that boss is dangerous. If you can do it, props to you, but it's not particularly reasonable to expect it of you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Salasyn - Heavens Tear
    Salasyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, the funny thing was that we had a cleric as well. So there wasn't an issue with purify or healing. The barb(level 91) somehow thought that vital herb would help deflect the debuff from Decaying Fragrance.

/I just facepalmed and turned squad chat off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, the funny thing was that we had a cleric as well. So there wasn't an issue with purify or healing. The barb(level 91) somehow thought that vital herb would help deflect the debuff from Decaying Fragrance.

/I just facepalmed and turned squad chat off.

Powerleveled nubs nowadays.

/wrists
  • Xyrika - Archosaur
    Xyrika - Archosaur Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I would see it the other way around...
    Put out Vital Herb and attack. For the most bosses there Vital Herb is more than enaugh. But if you want to play your char like a cleric than yes it's not needed at this Boss. But why should a Myst play like a cleric? You have the Bonus that your plant heals a lot AND you can attack. That's why I prefer having mystics in FC runs. The only Boss Vital Herb is a must have is Diabolic Shocktrooper to avoid beeing killed while you are under his spell.

And sorry I don't understand other mystics complaining about MP usage. Get Herb Yuanxiao and use them.. Mystic takes a lot of MP thats true but thats one thing you have to get used to.
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    I would see it the other way around...
    Put out Vital Herb and attack. For the most bosses there Vital Herb is more than enaugh. But if you want to play your char like a cleric than yes it's not needed at this Boss. But why should a Myst play like a cleric? You have the Bonus that your plant heals a lot AND you can attack. That's why I prefer having mystics in FC runs. The only Boss Vital Herb is a must have is Diabolic Shocktrooper to avoid beeing killed while you are under his spell.

And sorry I don't understand other mystics complaining about MP usage. Get Herb Yuanxiao and use them.. Mystic takes a lot of MP thats true but thats one thing you have to get used to.

They complain about mp usage, because even with mp aura they still run out of mp.
    And they weren't solo healing with a cleric in squad, the people thought vital reflected debuffs.
  • Marista - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    If there's a cleric in squad, then healing the barb on bosses should be their responsibility entirely. There's no reason to waste sparks on vital herb in those situations that could be much more effectively used DDing with Thicket or Cragg. And yes, mp usage is pretty obscene. I spend roughly as much or more on MP for a frost run as I do on my repairs for my bm when I'm tanking it and I rarely use vital, so I don't consider that an irrelevant consideration...

On the whole, yeah, sounds like an ignorant barb/squad of little ability, yeah, and you were entirely in the right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    *walks in* NO herb doesnt help on debuffs, points at seeker mana cost *walks out*
  • Marista - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    *walks in* NO herb doesnt help on debuffs, points at seeker mana cost *walks out*

Seekers only have mp issues if they're spending all their time in zhen. No class is made to afk zhen, and in gv it's not that hard to get mp 3 to keep it up. I don't think seekers can really talk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    my point was your mana is up to you

also i dont zhen i can solo grind all without vortex and still mana burns we can talk we are CASTERS
  • Marista - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Pretty much any melee class will use a lot relative to their (extremely small) mp bar if they skill spam, but from my experience with seekers, it's not any worse than barb or skillspamming bm outside of the zhen. Your skills don't use significantly more mp than them, and I'm pretty sure a plat mp or some Lv 40 pots would last quite a while. But this is entirely off topic, so I'll let it drop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xyrika - Archosaur
    Xyrika - Archosaur Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Seekers only have mp issues if they're spending all their time in zhen. No class is made to afk zhen, and in gv it's not that hard to get mp 3 to keep it up. I don't think seekers can really talk.

Nope, Seeker have a much bigger MP issue than Mystics.. I played both classes to a decent lvl and a seeker has more issues than a Mystic has. In practis you can play a mystic in a way it useses a minimum of pots, BUT if you do so you become limited in the choice of skills you use. If you want to play a Seeker that way your only option is not to use skills at all. Mystics have 2 skills to get back MP(lvl 79 skill and Spark).. Seeker doesn't have that solution. Theyr only way to get it back are pots or regenerate, which takes loong, as they have less mag.

Back to the topic: Yes, the plant doesn't debuff. I think the evasion stuff they ment is, that plants have a chance to evade an attack. That only helps the player in the way that the plant might survive an AoE. But none of the plants debuffs... And yes if there is a Cleric in the squat a Mystic becomes a DD. I would only heal once in a while if I see the cleric misses out a needed heal.