Mystics Are Not Clerics

Comments

• Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited October 2011

I don't get it. At all. ._. Why can't you heal runewolf? We got 2 ranged heals, one thats a heal over time and one that heals quite a good deal with an epic channeling. That's more than enough to keep someone alive on that boss...

Same for harpies. You shouldn't be dying from them. Whenever I approach a harpy or something I'm gonna tank, I put petals on myself. If that wears out, well restack or use break. You shouldn't be dying at all unless you got multiple mobs on you that crush you in a matter of seconds .-.
    For rez buff... I can't believe you didn't have the 30 seconds max to put on on yourself lol

As for the topic.. meh, ofc mystics aren't clerics. lol That's obvious.
    But mystics are epic. Big DD and we can do a lot of stuff. If your cleric is slow, help him by assisting in heals. Or just go solo healing. I'm 97 now and I can soloheal a lot of things, including fcc. It's a lot about being smart and tricky. But hell, I kept a 5k hp sin alive through fragrance in there. With my +4 aquadash that is.
    There's some thing you simply can't do, like full pull in exp room without barb or pull the magic hall. But then again, even a cleric would have big troubles keeping you alive there.

If you don't like being asked to heal, then you shouldn't play a mystic lol That's like being a cleric and saying 'oh but I wanna DD'. Roll a wiz or psy then :p

Thank you...for absolutely nothing. Kind of you.
    edited October 2011
    Might I ask if someone can tell me where the developers claim the Mystic is a 'healing class'? (And please dont be 'jerky' enough to tell me that we can heal, thx.)

I would just like to read something 'official' that says, "Mystics MUST heal. We intended all along for the Mystic to be a healer first and foremost - and possibly throw some DD out there when and if they can."

When I made this char I was under the distinct impression it was a "Jack of all trades" class, but if it says we are a healing class, then we must certainly be one.

I wonder what other classes (like maybe Seekers or Psys) would also fall under that label.

I honestly HAVE to DD to at least maintain sparks for my Vital Herb. If Break in the Clouds or some other healing spell is supposed to accomplish that - it hasnt kicked in for me yet.

I honestly made the char BECAUSE it was not a cleric. Because it requires a bit more skill to fulfill its "Do-It-All" role.

Can Mystics heal ? No one ever said they couldn't or shouldn't as far as I have read.

Can Mystics as a class be considered a full replacement for a Cleric? Some people claim they can heal better than individual clerics, but I have yet to see any claim they "Rule Over All' as an alleged 'healing class'. I would say no, but thats because I like to play all parts of the char, and I am too newby to say for sure a Mystic cannot be a full replacement for a Cleric.

I am experienced enough to cite Polearm as an example of how the Mystic falls short. Any "appropriately leveled Mystic for the BH" is not going to be able to pull reliable purifies off on an "average for the BH leveled" squad - in my humble opinion.

I will say I want a cleric in my squad, any squad. Will I do squads that cannot find a cleric? Will I heal them? Of course I will, and do all the time.

Do I resent being in a squad with a cleric and being told to 'heal only'? Yes, I do very much. I dont see why I should have to heal only if the cleric in the squad is doing a competent job. I dont see why I should be limited, and not allowed to play my char the way it seems to me it was intended to be played. I seriously dont see why when I PM to join a forming squad people will tell me they have a cleric and are looking for DD - so, naturally they don't need a Mystic.

Oh right! I forgot - everyone that does not own a Mystic percieves us to be a 'healing class', and therefore that is all I should concern myself with. *slaps self up side head*

Silly newb.

But yeah, if anyone could help me out with that 'healing class' thingy Id really appreciate the link.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not looking for link to something that says we can heal. I am looking for a link to something that specificly and officially cites us as a 'healing class'.

Thanks b:thanks
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Archtypically, mystics are druids. In another unmentionable game, druids can be "spec'd" as anything, even a tank. In said game, druid tanks are quite common.
    Mystics can be whatever the heck they want, just a a veno can. We're both hybrids and I pity the fool who tries to put me a neat little box.

Fact of the matter is, clerics win in healing with BB and stackable IH.
    Venos win in pets with the herc and nix.
    Psys win as mage DDs because they can buttrape anything that so much as sneezes on them.

The mystic is a mix of all 3 of these classes. We may be one of them, or any combination we chose. But of course, our full potential is realized when we play as a mystic; using all 3 play styles built into us. So all you simpleton 5apsers who try to label us healers, gtfo. All you can understand is your 1-click spark macro.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    [...]It is entirely silly to claim that we are in any way obliged to heal. Not doing so in an emergency can certainly make one seem a jerk, but the situation is not essentially different from any of the others I have outlined.

Imo there's a difference between DDing and being partly a support class. Fine, if you don't want to use fox melee attacks, don't do it. It's not gonna hurt anyone. But if there's a tight situation and you refuse to heal even though you could save the squad, meh. That's just failing at your class :< Seriously, I don't get why you would roll a class that can be so damn useful in a squad but refuse to use any of your support potential. Might as well go for something else than. Saves you the constant troubles of being expected stuff you don't want to too.
    Thank you...for absolutely nothing. Kind of you.

You're welcome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited October 2011
    Imo there's a difference between DDing and being partly a support class. Fine, if you don't want to use fox melee attacks, don't do it. It's not gonna hurt anyone. But if there's a tight situation and you refuse to heal even though you could save the squad, meh. That's just failing at your class :< Seriously, I don't get why you would roll a class that can be so damn useful in a squad but refuse to use any of your support potential. Might as well go for something else than. Saves you the constant troubles of being expected stuff you don't want to too.

You're welcome.

Umkay...I better go re-read the thread. I obviously missed the posts where Mystics claimed they refused to heal...

As for the "You're welcome" - Im clearly not, but thankfully dont give two farts if people learn to read what they respond to or not. That's all on them, lol.

If you feel a need to tell me I failed at FC last night, AFTER I already told you I failed at FC last night, kk. Good job, lol. Feelin' all 1337 now? b:chuckle
  • Eniyo - Raging Tide
    Eniyo - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Might I ask if someone can tell me where the developers claim the Mystic is a 'healing class'? (And please dont be 'jerky' enough to tell me that we can heal, thx.)

I would just like to read something 'official' that says, "Mystics MUST heal. We intended all along for the Mystic to be a healer first and foremost - and possibly throw some DD out there when and if they can."

Can Mystics as a class be considered a full replacement for a Cleric? Some people claim they can heal better than individual clerics, but I have yet to see any claim they "Rule Over All' as an alleged 'healing class'. I would say no, but thats because I like to play all parts of the char, and I am too newby to say for sure a Mystic cannot be a full replacement for a Cleric.

Do I resent being in a squad with a cleric and being told to 'heal only'? Yes, I do very much. I dont see why I should have to heal only if the cleric in the squad is doing a competent job. I dont see why I should be limited, and not allowed to play my char the way it seems to me it was intended to be played. I seriously dont see why when I PM to join a forming squad people will tell me they have a cleric and are looking for DD - so, naturally they don't need a Mystic.

I don't think you will find something that explicitly says we're a "healing class" but in the describtion of a Mystic you will find this sentence: "To that end, Mystics use Wood magic to both summon natural beings as well as soothe their comrades' wounds."

Also I don't think you'll ever find that PWI tells you what each class "HAS" to do. For example: look at a demon Cleric. They kick ***. I know one who goes and just solos everything. He was tanking high TT, FC and everything else. And he wasn't a cash shopper. Noone asked him to heal in faction, in fact everyone came to him and asked him to tank. He would gladly help and state that he likes to heal (and if a high lvl healer is needed, he would be glad to help) but THIS is his way to play. As Demon Cleric he was Tank, awesome DD (woah his AOE kicked ***) and awesome Healer in one. So just play the Mystic you way. It's YOU who is playing, not them.

If I'm in squad with a Cleric I still watch everyone's health. I'm there to be the backup if anything goes wrong. Just watch the HP of others sometimes. People make mistakes and our heal is super fast. One Break in the Clouds and back to DD. At bosses for example I can send mistress to DD and I can decide if my heal or my damage is needed. Often I ask before we enter an instance if my full support (with Sally) is needed and mostly the Cleric replies: Nah, I got this ;)
    When people tell you to "only heal" in a squad with a Cleric, tell them that the Cleric is there and you'll cast your heal when needed. That mostly shuts them up.

To the previous post about the Fail-FC: I guess everyone had them already. It happens, just don't ever run with them again.
    But I don't really get why die at Harpies. Get your Sally, cast a shield, petals and DD. Or put herbs and you don't even need to heal yourself anymore.
    What I also don't get is why you didn't have a Resurrect on you. This is the skill I cast and recast over and over if I see that it is gone (on me and all the others). Saves time for Cleric and prevents this kind of situations.

And for Runewolf - mhh, I was healing at this Boss a lot and with the ranged Heal and Petals and Sally (I was alone) it wasn't that big of a problem. If you say for yourself you CAN'T heal at that boss (from experience or whatever), then it's good you know your limits. But if you didn't try yet, tell the squad and tell them that they risk to die if it goes wrong. Just watch were everyone is running, so you don't run after them when you cast your heal. Get a Sally and that's even easier to keep them alive. It's better your Sally dies than you.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Umkay...I better go re-read the thread. I obviously missed the posts where Mystics claimed they refused to heal...
    Check who I responded to. It wasn't you.
    As for the "You're welcome" - Im clearly not, but thankfully dont give two farts if people learn to read what they respond to or not. That's all on them, lol.
    If you feel a need to tell me I failed at FC last night, AFTER I already told you I failed at FC last night, kk. Good job, lol. Feelin' all 1337 now? b:chuckle

Oh, I know what I read and responded. I just didn't the feel the need to post something else since you obviously totally missed my point. Cut the insults and taunts, I was trying to give you advice. But it seems I might as well talk to a wall, so yea, I'm out of here.
    I know what mystics can do and I'm gonna use mine to be of best possible use to my squad :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited October 2011
    Check who I responded to. It wasn't you.

Oh, I know what I read and responded. I just didn't the feel the need to post something else since you obviously totally missed my point. Cut the insults and taunts, I was trying to give you advice. But it seems I might as well talk to a wall, so yea, I'm out of here.
    I know what mystics can do and I'm gonna use mine to be of best possible use to my squad :p

1. I believe I said I was going go reread the thread to see who said they refused to heal.

2. You were trying to give me advice? Well you epicly failed at it. You obviously enjoy being insulting and demeaning in your efforts. Do you listen to the advice of condescending and demeaning people who merely repeat what you already said?

How could you provide advice if I did not already tell you how I failed? You dont like insults and taunts - then I suggest you dont dish them out to begin with. I could really care less if you ever replied to me again.

There are hatelful and demeaning people everywhere - people who try to use you to boost their own self esteem in real life. I dont play games or post on forums so I can meet more of them.

I too know what mystics are capable of, and I too am going to use mine to the best of my ability - but unlike you apparently, Im a NEWB to the game, and will never be full of myself enough to "kick someone while they are down".

As far as Im concerned, people should save such 'advice' for family - you know, the people who claim they love you and therefore have a reason to put up with your self serving **** and statements.
    edited October 2011
    I don't think you will find something that explicitly says we're a "healing class" but in the describtion of a Mystic you will find this sentence: "To that end, Mystics use Wood magic to both summon natural beings as well as soothe their comrades' wounds."

Also I don't think you'll ever find that PWI tells you what each class "HAS" to do. For example: look at a demon Cleric. They kick ***. I know one who goes and just solos everything. He was tanking high TT, FC and everything else. And he wasn't a cash shopper. Noone asked him to heal in faction, in fact everyone came to him and asked him to tank. He would gladly help and state that he likes to heal (and if a high lvl healer is needed, he would be glad to help) but THIS is his way to play. As Demon Cleric he was Tank, awesome DD (woah his AOE kicked ***) and awesome Healer in one. So just play the Mystic you way. It's YOU who is playing, not them.

If I'm in squad with a Cleric I still watch everyone's health. I'm there to be the backup if anything goes wrong. Just watch the HP of others sometimes. People make mistakes and our heal is super fast. One Break in the Clouds and back to DD. At bosses for example I can send mistress to DD and I can decide if my heal or my damage is needed. Often I ask before we enter an instance if my full support (with Sally) is needed and mostly the Cleric replies: Nah, I got this ;)
    When people tell you to "only heal" in a squad with a Cleric, tell them that the Cleric is there and you'll cast your heal when needed. That mostly shuts them up.

To the previous post about the Fail-FC: I guess everyone had them already. It happens, just don't ever run with them again.
    But I don't really get why die at Harpies. Get your Sally, cast a shield, petals and DD. Or put herbs and you don't even need to heal yourself anymore.
    What I also don't get is why you didn't have a Resurrect on you. This is the skill I cast and recast over and over if I see that it is gone (on me and all the others). Saves time for Cleric and prevents this kind of situations.

And for Runewolf - mhh, I was healing at this Boss a lot and with the ranged Heal and Petals and Sally (I was alone) it wasn't that big of a problem. If you say for yourself you CAN'T heal at that boss (from experience or whatever), then it's good you know your limits. But if you didn't try yet, tell the squad and tell them that they risk to die if it goes wrong. Just watch were everyone is running, so you don't run after them when you cast your heal. Get a Sally and that's even easier to keep them alive. It's better your Sally dies than you

Yes, I did remove my 'friend'. He made it clear whos friend he was when we were inside. At one point they did a double bishop mob pull (2 groups), and somehow left me to fight it alone. Funny thing was I was handling it alone just fine, and that would have been the point I left the FC if they hadnt desided to come running back after they saw I was not going to die.

Thats where I failed most - I stayed.

As for the Runewolf - it was my first time solo healing it. But the problem was not my skill as much as it was the Seeker tank who was supposed to be healing himself on that boss - or so I was told before I joined the FC.

I was a 'drood' for more than two years in another game 'spec'd' for AoE heals (as opposed to a dedicated tank healers spec). I have a hard time just letting people die, even if they are stupid. For some reason I feel that reflects negatively on me as a healer - which is something I may have to get over, but its instinct - you are dying, Im healing.

One good thing did come out of it though. I used my Sally for the first time. I had been using Storm (trying to get out of the Devil habit), but then the seeker asked for Sally buff.

The Harpy was weird Ill grant you. And I was the second weird death at the Heads. The Seeker had died (almost 1 shot) during the first of the two pulls to clear the room, and he wanted the Def buff from Sally it for the second pull. I chalk my Harpy death up to the fact that...

1. I wasnt paying attention to my healthbar while reading the Squad Chat.

2. After the call was made to kill the Harpy - I was the only one that tried while the Seeker desided it was a good time to start the heads.

Why am I so late learning about these pets? Because I desided early on to keep what I needed most as maxed as I could, and let other stuff go till later. 'Later" is now here. But even as a 'peanuts' budget CS, Ive never had enough coin or spirit to have everything maxed at once - and still dont.

Thanks for the post Eniyo. Its nice to see someone understands. b:victory
  • Eniyo - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    As for the Runewolf - it was my first time solo healing it. But the problem was not my skill as much as it was the Seeker tank who was supposed to be healing himself on that boss - or so I was told before I joined the FC.

One good thing did come out of it though. I used my Sally for the first time. I had been using Storm (trying to get out of the Devil habit), but then the seeker asked for Sally buff.

The Harpy was weird Ill grant you. And I was the second weird death at the Heads. The Seeker had died (almost 1 shot) during the first of the two pulls to clear the room, and he wanted the Def buff from Sally it for the second pull. I chalk my Harpy death up to the fact that...

1. I wasnt paying attention to my healthbar while reading the Squad Chat.

2. After the call was made to kill the Harpy - I was the only one that tried while the Seeker desided it was a good time to start the heads.

Why am I so late learning about these pets? Because I desided early on to keep what I needed most as maxed as I could, and let other stuff go till later. 'Later" is now here. But even as a 'peanuts' budget CS, Ive never had enough coin or spirit to have everything maxed at once - and still dont.

Thanks for the post Eniyo. Its nice to see someone understands. b:victory

Mh well, if your squad does not help you at all and let's you tank mobs, tell them. If they continue, leave.

Pets: Well pets are a really important, you should try to lvl them asap. I know how expensive skills are, it sucks but well they are important :S
    If your Sally has enough MP and your shield is on cooldown, cast the other buff on you. It takes damage off you at the cost of Sally's MP.
    Before every pull you should get your Sally and cast a shield + petals on the tank. Tell them before you start, that you'll do it, since the Sally comes after the tank if he runs.

FC: Well Fail-Squad is fail. Don't ever run with them if they start heads without people being ready.
    Also, try to watch your HP - even from the corner of your eye. If you're the only healer it's important that you're alive. Don't forget to check your Res Buff.

I have to admit that your experience with the people on Raging Tide really sucks since you met a lot of people who are either total jerks or total nabs, ijs. Maybe you should go and look for a nice faction with nice people. It would improve your gaming experience significantly.
    edited October 2011
    Mh well, if your squad does not help you at all and let's you tank mobs, tell them. If they continue, leave.

Pets: Well pets are a really important, you should try to lvl them asap. I know how expensive skills are, it sucks but well they are important :S
    If your Sally has enough MP and your shield is on cooldown, cast the other buff on you. It takes damage off you at the cost of Sally's MP.
    Before every pull you should get your Sally and cast a shield + petals on the tank. Tell them before you start, that you'll do it, since the Sally comes after the tank if he runs.

FC: Well Fail-Squad is fail. Don't ever run with them if they start heads without people being ready.
    Also, try to watch your HP - even from the corner of your eye. If you're the only healer it's important that you're alive. Don't forget to check your Res Buff.

I have to admit that your experience with the people on Raging Tide really sucks since you met a lot of people who are either total jerks or total nabs, ijs. Maybe you should go and look for a nice faction with nice people. It would improve your gaming experience significantly.

I think I found a decent faction at level 87, but did not stay with them. I didnt want to feel like I used them just to get to level 90. I liked them alot, personality-wise it was a good fit - but I have a family member that also plays the game. He is a 100 Barb who belongs to Leviathan, and expects me to apply to Levi when I reach 90. I left that faction BECAUSE I liked them, which has been different from my previous experience with several factions.
    I dont want to 'use' people that I like.

I dont know the people in Levi well. But as far as Im aware, its the best non-R9 requiring TW faction on the server, according to my family member.

I think it would be great if all those high-leveled well-geared players who waste teles spending hours telling everyone in World Chat how bored they are, would do more to help those who are trying to get some level to them with squads. At least they would have something to do other than spend hours telling people how bored they are - as well as helping to shore up their factions with new members for their efforts.

I know many do - and I am not criticizing anyone...ijs.
  • Eniyo - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    I think I found a decent faction at level 87, but did not stay with them. I didnt want to feel like I used them just to get to level 90. I liked them alot, personality-wise it was a good fit - but I have a family member that also plays the game. He is a 100 Barb who belongs to Leviathan, and expects me to apply to Levi when I reach 90. I left that faction BECAUSE I liked them, which has been different from my previous experience with several factions.
    I dont want to 'use' people that I like.

Woah woah woah "use" ? Not everyone who is in a faction uses the faction members to lvl. That is simply not true. We consider ourselves a family and we don't "use" each other. Yes, you can ask for help or for FC or alt-FC or boss or whatever but that is not considered "using" - you give and get back equally. Usually you do your own thing and just talk to others about whatever is going on atm.
    That is what I understand under a faction. Are you using your friends in real life to advance? Or are they just your friends? And friends give and you give back, too, don't they/you? :)
    edited October 2011
    Woah woah woah "use" ? Not everyone who is in a faction uses the faction members to lvl. That is simply not true. We consider ourselves a family and we don't "use" each other. Yes, you can ask for help or for FC or alt-FC or boss or whatever but that is not considered "using" - you give and get back equally. Usually you do your own thing and just talk to others about whatever is going on atm.
    That is what I understand under a faction. Are you using your friends in real life to advance? Or are they just your friends? And friends give and you give back, too, don't they/you? :)

To me, it does make me feel like I am just 'using' a faction, if I know I have to leave in a couple of levels due to what is expected of me from a family member. Sure, factions are family too if you manage to find one that operates that way - but you dont have to live with them in real life, lol.

Im used to clans, guilds, fellowships etc actually doing things together, helping each other, and yes - just listening sometimes if thats what someone needs.

Yes, it should be give and take. What it should be and what it MAY be often turn out to be two different things, and especially at low levels.

It is what it is.

If you think I should have stayed - knowing I would be leaving in a couple levels, I can accept that. I just didnt want to create any Ill-will with a group that I liked and still do.

EDIT: This first guild I joined, noone would talk to me, I was talking to myself in the chat. If they wanted to do something, they only wanted 'core group' members wth them. So, I quit. Didnt say anything - I mean why would I, just quit.

Dont you know I immdiately got a PM saying to me, "So much for loyalty huh?"

Excuse me, I had something to be loyal about??? KK. xD
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Any class could in theory be considered support in some situation. When I'm on my bm, barbs and sins are support classes--they buff and debuff, but since I avoid doing things with high interval sins, I don't consider them really dds. By your logic, I can consider a barb who does anything other than buff and spam devour or a sin who does anything but use paint and keep up rib strike failing at their class. Actually, I do do this in many situations, yet that's certainly not the common perception.

Thus, if people on the whole can think of it as acceptable for a barb to waste time trying to bite when it's not useful or a sin to not stop trying to dd long enough to use rib strike, then they have no real right to be bothered by a mystic who choses not to heal. That said, I am not a mystic who does not heal when necessary, but at the same time, I'm not gonna let people who do stupid things get away with it because they counted on that I would. I don't feel anyone has the right to put me in that situation. I'll save you if it's a serious emergency, but otherwise it's not my problem. That's what res/res buff is there for.

However, I think there has been something of a misunderstanding, since I didn't say that we shouldn't heal. I'd consider a mystic who refused to heal in a pinch that wasn't caused by blatant stupidity to be an undesirable squad member too. I'm just pointing out that it's rather unfair to have the expectation of us to heal more strongly than it is to expect a barb or sin or veno or bm to use their abilities. After all, for each of the cases I listed, there are situations where those classes should have their abilities. Wood Immune mobs call for a veno to fox form dd, GV is somewhere a bm really ought to have sword and spear ultis at least lved up, etc. But since these things are not expected, I find it silly to expect a mystic to heal since so many other classes often get away with not using their support abilities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Eniyo - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    I find it silly to expect a mystic to heal since so many other classes often get away with not using their support abilities.

"Others don't do it, so why would I" - This is the wrong attitude.
    Sometimes people do stupid things and play like nabs. If you COULD save them, why would you refuse to heal? Just because they made a mistake? Hm. Just tell them afterwards, that they need to stop. It's only a small >click<, so why not do it? Some people act like the heal is costing them actual strength or anything.
    If you're honest then we're a great support-class and if you compare OUR heal to a psy's heal for example... Well, it's not hard to tell our heal is better suited to keep people alive.
    edited October 2011
    Sometimes people do stupid things and play like nabs. If you COULD save them, why would you refuse to heal? Just because they made a mistake? Hm. Just tell them afterwards, that they need to stop. It's only a small >click<, so why not do it? Some people act like the heal is costing them actual strength or anything.
    If you're honest then we're a great support-class and if you compare OUR heal to a psy's heal for example... Well, it's not hard to tell our heal is better suited to keep people alive.

Well, if you pick one sentence from the whole conversation to focus on, then its easy to see how anyone could miss the whole point.

Marista is not saying fail Mystics should get a free pass because common perception gives other classes free passes on skills in the game.

Im not sure if you read her guide or not, but I dont know how anyone could have, and feel she feels this is perfectly acceptable. She doesn't.

She also doesn't feel its perfectly acceptable for other classes to pidgeon-hole the Mystic as simply a healer and nothing more - which may have never happened to you at all, but it is something I face in almost every squad I enter.

If you believe that a Mystic should play all its skills, then the two of you are in agreement.

If you believe that Mystics should be only known as healers in the game, then the two of you are disagreeing.

I dont speak for Marista, but I think I have a good grasp of the entire conversation on this "fighting the stereotype" part of the topic and discussion.

If Im wrong, Im sure she will let me know. xD

If anyone thinks the stereotype is perfectly fine, then they are fail Mystics in my humble opinion.

Then there is the discrimination side - where a squad wont accept you as DD, "...cause ur heals...duh." But we are our own worst enemy if we dont see that allowing other classes free passes on skills, while refusing to see Mystics are more than just healers is proliferating this discrimination against a dynamite DD class, that happens to be able to heal too.

EDIT: At this point, I would like to take a moment to thank Philipinas & the Brasiliero factions on our server. Without your ability to see for yourself the true value of a Mystic in any squad I would have NEVER reached level 90. Can't help but love you guys.

Perhaps the precarious communication problems between English speaking and non-English speaking peoples has left both these groups free of the stereotypical chains that bind Mystics that want/need to DD, as well as heal.
  • Eniyo - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    If you believe that a Mystic should play all its skills, then the two of you are in agreement.

If this is what she means, then yes, I agree.
    But somehow I understood it that way, that she doesn't heal if they make a mistake.
    After I just re-read her previous post I noticed that I skipped an essential line.
    I guess this time it was me who jumped to the wrong conclusion. I apologize. b:surrender
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2011

That isn't my attitude. I've pointed out time and time again that I personally do heal in serious situations. Not when people do idiotic things intentionally, or when it would just get me killed too, but if someone really needs the help and stupidity didn't get them into the situation, then yes, I will heal. I think you missed that point, though on the whole I refuse to save people who just do idiotic things because they need to learn not to do them.

But my argument about the rest is valid not from an "Others don't do it, so why should I?" perspective. Rather, it's aimed at those other classes who don't do it--if they don't use their abilities properly, they have no right to burden a mystic with doing so, and on the whole it's those people who try to do so. They need to straighten out their own situation before they try to tell anyone else how to play their class, especially if they intend to tell us the wrong things (ie that we should only be healers, not dds).

On the whole, though, Brilliance's interpretation of things is correct. It would seem that either I have wrongly represented my overall stance because of my refusal to allow for healing fails, or you have misinterpreted it from selective reading--"or" used in the mathematical sense, of course, or rather with the possibility that it's both.

Edit: Whoops, I got in late there. No, mistakes are fine. I just can't condone people who do idiotic things because they think I'll rush in to save them at my own risk. And grats on 90 @ Brilliance :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
    edited October 2011
    And grats on 90 @ Brilliance :D

Thank you very much! b:pleased

I almost didn't think I was going to make it. Now the pressure to level is off, and I can take it a little easy. Can spend more time enjoying the game and my Mystic. b:victory
  • Eniyo - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    GZ on 90!
    So now you're going to join Levi?
    edited October 2011
    GZ on 90!
    So now you're going to join Levi?

Thanks for the GZ. That is the plan, but it is on hold at the moment for reasons I won't get into. I think your estimation on luck is correct. I obviously have great luck at shopping in the game, but otherwise seem to have zip...nada...none.

The best laid plans of mice & men oft go astray, lol xD
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    kalshomin wrote: »
    In FC i find my stupid squad thinking that since they have a mystic they can get away with having no cleric, then they get mad at me when they all die.

In all honesty, people put too much of a workload on healers (all types) anyway.

They have a misconception about how fast a Wizard can heal, how effective a Mystics heal is, and have it wrong on how fast a Cleric change targets to heal multiple people stealing aggro from the tanker.

It is almost like the moment some people get into a squad with any variation of a healer - the realization they DO have pots to self-heal is forgotten.
    edited October 2011
    In all honesty, people put too much of a workload on healers (all types) anyway.

They have a misconception about how fast a Wizard can heal, how effective a Mystics heal is, and have it wrong on how fast a Cleric change targets to heal multiple people stealing aggro from the tanker.

It is almost like the moment some people get into a squad with any variation of a healer - the realization they DO have pots to self-heal is forgotten.

I learned recently that clerics will easily let me die, and it seems rarely because of a workload and more like "heal thy self Mystic - idc if ur dropping an AS atm and cant". *Makes mental note to likewise let them die* (j/k, but its tempting).

I also learned a fast run often means an extra slow one due to **** ups from trying to be extra fast - which I can see putting strain on any healer.
    edited October 2011
    There is also the guy who hops on his cleric for a BH - but still plays like he's on his Sin. I dont have an issue with anyone DDing, but someone who was picked up as a healer should let the squad know if they have no intention of healing it - or no intention of doing so beyond themselves & the tank.

Crab/pots have a cooldown time though - and if your taking more damage than the crab/pot is replacing it really doesnt help all that much - although I agree its better than going down simply because you didnt think to eat something.
  • TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver
    TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    There is also the guy who hops on his cleric for a BH - but still plays like he's on his Sin

And then the cleric demon sparked and started hitting the boss with her 5.0 aps staff
  • Eniyo - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    And then the cleric demon sparked and started hitting the boss with her 5.0 aps staff

Obvious troll is obvious.

As for Join-Levi-plans --- you don't need to tell. I know why, just wanted to know if you still join.
    edited October 2011

actually, Idk if the cleric was sage or demon -but I didnt see any sparks, sexy red or otherwise. The cleric was doing something (you could see movement and light flashes), but it wasn't healing anyone. Just pointing out to me that several members of the squad needed res buffs, dontchanoe.

I guess clerics dont res either...
    edited October 2011
    As for Join-Levi-plans --- you don't need to tell. I know why, just wanted to know if you still join.

Thats what I mean about luck - finally get to 90 and find myself in "Faction Limbo" lol.
  • Eniyo - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    Thats what I mean about luck - finally get to 90 and find myself in "Faction Limbo" lol.

It happens >: Just give it time. Good luck.
  • TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver
    TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    actually, Idk if the cleric was sage or demon -but I didnt see any sparks, sexy red or otherwise. The cleric was doing something (you could see movement and light flashes), but it wasn't healing anyone. Just pointing out to me that several members of the squad needed res buffs, dontchanoe.

I guess clerics dont res either...

Here's an idea, nobody die and then the mystic won't have to drain her mp pool res buffing everyone :D

Or you know, the cleric should do her job and heal people so they don't die, what I wouldnt give to have IH on my mystic b:surrender