This is what real patch notes look like.

ibelikeyaya
ibelikeyaya Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
These are patch notes from a mmorpg that was updated yesterday. They make pwi look like a joke with their minor localization and never any new worthwhile content.

Edited
Post edited by ibelikeyaya on

Comments

• FalseArrow - Heavens Tear
    FalseArrow - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    its more of sad that the game has that much to fix....

pwi has many minor glitches to fix, but most of those dont matter(i love the falling ground glitches), so thats why they dont fix them.

if anything it makes that game look horrible.
  • ilikethose
    ilikethose Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    its more of sad that the game has that much to fix....

pwi has many minor glitches to fix, but most of those dont matter(i love the falling ground glitches), so thats why they dont fix them.

if anything it makes that game look horrible.

no honey, its because that game has more content and new content that why its long, Pwi has short patch notes cause they never add anything sweetie
  • Fip - Dreamweaver
    Fip - Dreamweaver Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    this game and company is failing, even the game stock lose 400million dollars+ recently and its in the top 5 worst stock in the whole world i mean the whole entire universe. Google pwrd stock research
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ilikethose wrote: »
    no honey, its because that game has more content and new content that why its long, Pwi has short patch notes cause they never add anything sweetie

I'm sorry, but most games patch notes aren't quite THAT long. That wasn't a patch note, it was a patch novel. I mean, their male characters didn't have all of their skin textures until now? ROFL. This game may have a lot of problems, but that is sign that they let the bugs go for a long time and just now decided to fix them. Good for those guys I guess.

edit: I think my favorite change they did was decrease the respawn time on the mobs so that people can actually do something as basic as quest easily while playing their game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited October 2011

pwi isnt that much of a new game, jackass. they dont add anything because they dont have to. if you want the game constantly changing, look to another game. the only real changes they need to make in this game is to change the power table of the sins, dumbass. they're too OP.
  • ilikethose
    edited October 2011
    pwi isnt that much of a new game, jackass. they dont add anything because they dont have to. if you want the game constantly changing, look to another game. the only real changes they need to make in this game is to change the power table of the sins, dumbass. they're too OP.

That game against new either. So you actually think this game still stay alive if they never add anything new content. Sry honey but in a mmorpg if you never add any thing new the players are eventually going to get bored and leave. All mmorpg are constanly changing so what are you talking about.

Pwi obviously has changed and not for the better
    edited October 2011
    That game against new either. So you actually think this game still stay alive if they never add anything new content. Sry honey but in a mmorpg if you never add any thing new the players are eventually going to get bored and leave. All mmorpg are constanly changing so what are you talking about.

Pwi obviously has changed and not for the better

pwi still changes. its just that it doesnt change every couple days. it would be nice if at the end of every week they would do little updates, but otherwise its just annoying to have updates all the time. im sorry PWI doesnt happen to add something new every day, but i dont want to spend 10 minutes downloading a patch each time i log on.
  • ilikethose
    edited October 2011
    pwi still changes. its just that it doesnt change every couple days. it would be nice if at the end of every week they would do little updates, but otherwise its just annoying to have updates all the time. im sorry PWI doesnt happen to add something new every day, but i dont want to spend 10 minutes downloading a patch each time i log on.

I never said they need to add new stuff everyday lol, but I mean some like new content every once and a while would be nice ya know. Maybe some actual new dungeons every once and a while.
  • Magna - Harshlands
    Magna - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I'm sorry, but most games patch notes aren't quite THAT long. That wasn't a patch note, it was a patch novel. I mean, their male characters didn't have all of their skin textures until now? ROFL. This game may have a lot of problems, but that is sign that they let the bugs go for a long time and just now decided to fix them. Good for those guys I guess.

To be honest, most of the changes are updates/improvements/balance. And at least they fix their bugs.

How often does perfect world do either?

Really? A certain industry-dominating MMORPG consistently recieves updates (and expansions) 6 years after release.

Sure, if you want, you can say they don't have to add anything to Perfect World. They don't have to, but unfortunately, the game is slowly withering away...
    edited October 2011
    I never said they need to add new stuff everyday lol, but I mean some like new content every once and a while would be nice ya know. Maybe some actual new dungeons every once and a while.

thats just it, they dont know where to put them and dont want to take the time to have to update the dang things.

Really? A certain industry-dominating MMORPG consistently recieves updates (and expansions) 6 years after release.

Sure, if you want, you can say they don't have to add anything to Perfect World. They don't have to, but unfortunately, the game is slowly withering away...

im not saying that it shouldnt update anymore, im saying they dont have as many updates. new games usually have to patch annoying glitches and bugs, but since PWI doesnt have too much of new content, it doesnt have to make constant fixes.
  • ilikethose
    edited October 2011
    thats just it, they dont know where to put them and dont want to take the time to have to update the dang things.

They don't even have to put them on the map, all they have to new make a new npc that would tele people to x place, like they did with the new jungle ruins. They're just too lazy to even try and give us anything worthwhile
    edited October 2011
    They don't even have to put them on the map, all they have to new make a new npc that would tele people to x place, like they did with the new jungle ruins. They're just too lazy to even try and give us anything worthwhile

thats a good idea, but if they're too lazy to actually make an island on the map, they're too lazy to design a new dungeon or something.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    A certain industry-dominating MMORPG consistently recieves updates (and expansions) 6 years after release.

And the classes are constantly being rebalanced! b:dirty

Could you imagine the outrage, though, if PW-CN did like that game and kept releasing new, higher tiered gear every few months? PWE would actually probably love something like that, because the heavy cashshoppers would have to keep the cash flowing in so that they could continue to have the best gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PhantomThief - Archosaur
    PhantomThief - Archosaur Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    These are patch notes from a mmorpg that was updated yesterday. They make pwi look like a joke with their minor localization and never any new worthwhile content.

From the looks of that link, it looks like everything is push out at once, in a massive update. That's a bit different than getting patches on a weekly basis. Not really comparable.
    A sword can cut a man in twain, but words can shake a fortress to the ground.
    edited October 2011
    And the classes are constantly being rebalanced! b:dirty

Could you imagine the outrage, though, if PW-CN did like that game and kept releasing new, higher tiered gear every few months? PWE would actually probably love something like that, because the heavy cashshoppers would have to keep the cash flowing in so that they could continue to have the best gear.

actually, thats an awesome idea. therefore, there are no OP r9 csers!! :D well, they'll still have the newest best gear first...if they can get r9 that easily, they can certainly get the new gear easily, too....they need to make it to where you have to do a long line of quests or achieve things in order to get it. its not so fun when you can just buy it.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Please don't post links to other games on the forums.
    edited October 2011
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Please don't post links to other games on the forums.

yes ma'am.
  • ilikethose
    edited October 2011
    From the looks of that link, it looks like everything is push out at once, in a massive update. That's a bit different than getting patches on a weekly basis. Not really comparable.

actually yes it is if Pwi patches were monthly it would justbe

Minor Localization
    Minor Localization
    Minor Localization
    Minor Localization
    Minor Localization

yea thats about a months worth lol.
    edited October 2011
    actually yes it is if Pwi patches were monthly it would justbe

Minor Localization
    Minor Localization
    Minor Localization
    Minor Localization
    Minor Localization

yea thats about a months worth lol.

just about lol but we have to wait until the chinese decide to update themselves(like for larger updates like a new dungeon or something)
  • ilikethose
    edited October 2011
    actually, thats an awesome idea. therefore, there are no OP r9 csers!! :D well, they'll still have the newest best gear first...if they can get r9 that easily, they can certainly get the new gear easily, too....they need to make it to where you have to do a long line of quests or achieve things in order to get it. its not so fun when you can just buy it.

rank 9 is like that, you cant just get all the rep badges and get it, and you can only get the medals from a random tw land. PWE is the one that decides to sell every single part to get rank 9 in the cash shop.

Rank 9 was designed to be hard to get, but PWE goes and just let anyone with the real life cash to just go and buy it. They are the problem not the op gear.
  • Envelope - Raging Tide
    Envelope - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Edited

You want them to add "new worthwhile content"? Yea, that would be nice but i'd still say they should rather care about making the content that's already there worth doing. This game already has too much broken, unfinished or pointless content.

If you build a tower and you realize the base is getting weak, wouldn't it be logical to fix the base first before you keep adding more to the upper levels? Then again, this is pwi. I guess you can't use common sense in here b:lipcurl
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    rank 9 is like that, you cant just get all the rep badges and get it, and you can only get the medals from a random tw land. PWE is the one that decides to sell every single part to get rank 9 in the cash shop.

Rank 9 was designed to be hard to get, but PWE goes and just let anyone with the real life cash to just go and buy it. They are the problem not the op gear.
    Exactly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    i know, so im saying they need more powerful gear that cant be bought. it would be awesome if pwi would take away the sale of the medals, but well, most people have already bought them. and you cant get r9 without them.
  • ilikethose
    edited October 2011
    i know, so im saying they need more powerful gear that cant be bought. it would be awesome if pwi would take away the sale of the medals, but well, most people have already bought them. and you cant get r9 without them.

Before they do that they would probally have raise the level cap, if the lvl cap was raised to 130 or 150 and new gear tiers, quests, and dungeons were put in the game I would totally respect the company but I dont see that happening, not this century at least lol.
    edited October 2011
    Before they do that they would probally have raise the level cap, if the lvl cap was raised to 130 or 150 and new gear tiers, quests, and dungeons were put in the game I would totally respect the company but I dont see that happening, not this century at least lol.

yea it would be nice, but it would take forever to level unless they put in new quests with enough exp lol at least we would finally we able to wear the gear that i always see on ecatomb. it would also be more fun to have a lot of new places to go to and stuff. it would be like a huge new expansion, but without a new race or anything. just like a whole nother world or something.
  • ilikethose
    edited October 2011
    yea it would be nice, but it would take forever to level unless they put in new quests with enough exp lol at least we would finally we able to wear the gear that i always see on ecatomb. it would also be more fun to have a lot of new places to go to and stuff. it would be like a huge new expansion, but without a new race or anything. just like a whole nother world or something.

They would just need to adjust the exp needed for each lvl to scale it out
    edited October 2011
    yea but its not fun when people who already are 105 that worked hard start complaining that its now easier to level past 100. we just need to have more exp gained on the mobs they kill, thats all.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    yea but its not fun when people who already are 105 that worked hard start complaining that its now easier to level past 100. we just need to have more exp gained on the mobs they kill, thats all.

Considering the majority of 105s cheated to get there, I don't think they're in any position to complain if the exp curve got scaled to make it easier for the rest of us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    Considering the majority of 105s cheated to get there, I don't think they're in any position to complain if the exp curve got scaled to make it easier for the rest of us.

true true...i guess you're right and they have no right to complain. i guess this would make it more possible to get to the 100s without having to buy 50 hypers.
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I know private servers with better patches than PWI.
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]