old graphics

daprosin
daprosin Posts: 9 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
am I the single one who loves the TB/EG places but hate pw for not remakin the old places?
PW=money lover...if they would upgrade the old places graphics there would be more ppl playin=more money for them.RIGHT? o_0(yes im trying to say pw staff they will win money so they will do it>.>)
oh n 4got to mention the bm/barb r8 armors are same but sin n seekers arent-.-(racism)
Post edited by daprosin on

Comments

• FalseArrow - Heavens Tear
    FalseArrow - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    im slightly confused. the old places are just not as exotic and colorful as the new tideborn and genesis places o.o

if you mean you have poor graphics in lost city and stuff, then just hit options and turn them up (i leave mine all the way up)

you just cant change the old places...i think they're cooler that way and say that they've been around longer.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    daprosin wrote: »
    am I the single one who loves the TB/EG places but hate pw for not remakin the old places?
    PW=money lover...if they would upgrade the old places graphics there would be more ppl playin=more money for them.RIGHT? o_0(yes im trying to say pw staff they will win money so they will do it>.>)
    oh n 4got to mention the bm/barb r8 armors are same but sin n seekers arent-.-(racism)
    We're not... a certain popular MMO with similarly bright and eye-gouging graphics that has been the top MMO for years. >_>

Our graphics in the old areas are subtle and subdued because that's part of the theme of the game. You don't need bright shiny colors to be happy (and if you did, I would direct you to the Ball Pit at your nearest McDonald's).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Current devs are lazy, they refuse to work on where the original devs left off.
    They prefer making eyecandy patches as opposed to re-hauling the old parts of pw and fixing what's broken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    Our graphics in the old areas are subtle and subdued because that's part of the theme of the game. You don't need bright shiny colors to be happy (and if you did, I would direct you to the Ball Pit at your nearest McDonald's).

i call carrying him to it. if you really dont like the bland colors in old places, then create a tideborn and try avoid them. lemme know how that works out....
  • daprosin
    edited October 2011
    its not that o_0
    i mean in tideborn n EG all the place is used
    at the old places......well there the forest is rly poor-.-
    they rly could do sumthing to make it more interesting n i dont mean colours
    just add sumthing on that empty places
  • Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear
    Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    it's my understanding that even IF the devs wanted to tthey would have a hard time updating the looks of the game since they have no idea how the coding works. the devs we have now are a new team the orginals lefts. ever since the new guys took over PWI began a downward spiral. it was the new guys that keep pumping packs in the game along with incompleted expansions.
    edited October 2011
    its not our gm's fault, as i believe. its a chinese game and they simply download what the chinese give them. now, i agree that the old managers had the codes down and everything
    (to fix the games if they were glitched or etc.), but you cant put all of the blame on the new managers. many of them are the ones who dont focus on the **** we say and just put in what they think is best- which is almost the complete opposite of what we want- and try to just make their payments come in.

i would like little tiny graphic updates, but i dont want any major updates that will change the scene. i also miss the time when there was no rectangle next to everything in chat saying "World" or "Squad". its sad if you cant tell apart the different chats just by color. I have to admit, i do like some of the new changes, but some changes i really cant accept fully. all of the new packs start to **** me off...id rather have the perfect horns back. they say new content, but really they just trying to make more money until they can get some new ideas.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    the devs play musical chairs? ;o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • czzn
    czzn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    daprosin wrote: »

Better yet, they should scrap this game and create Perfect World Universal: The Action MMO Experience!!!

I wonder how this game would be like as an action mmo...but it couldn't be an arcade style one, rather, it'd have to be the more physics based one.

But back to a serious response, putting a fresh layer of paint on all the old in the game would do nicely.

Edit: What am I saying!?!??! Making an action mmo out of this thing is a great idea. That's just as serious as statement number three. o.o
    edited October 2011
    czzn wrote: »
    Better yet, they should scrap this game and create Perfect World Universal: The Action MMO Experience!!!

I wonder how this game would be like as an action mmo...but it couldn't be an arcade style one, rather, it'd have to be the more physics based one.

But back to a serious response, putting a fresh layer of paint on all the old in the game would do nicely.

Edit: What am I saying!?!??! Making an action mmo out of this thing is a great idea. That's just as serious as statement number three. o.o

no. just no.

it depends on what youre saying by 'new layer of paint'
    do you mean to change and update all of the graphics and make the houses more realistic or something?

if so, i disagree. older players like me like the way they are, and there is no need to update them. i love the old look and the empty sort of essence to them.
    and no, it would be terrible as an action mmo. pwi is best suited as it is, and no changes really need to be made, except for the stupid unnecessary changes like the "World" and "Squad" boxes next to everything in chat.
  • marshbre
    marshbre Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    it's my understanding that even IF the devs wanted to tthey would have a hard time updating the looks of the game since they have no idea how the coding works. the devs we have now are a new team the orginals lefts. ever since the new guys took over PWI began a downward spiral. it was the new guys that keep pumping packs in the game along with incompleted expansions.

If they don`t know\have CODE they could not add TB\EG ,that BLOODY CODE U ALL TALKING ABOUT IS REASON WHY PRIVATE SERVER DON`T HAVE BLOODY GENIE`S ,TB AND EG`S!!!
    Wonder how u bloody troll`s cant get it,they not doing any upgrades SIMPLE BECAUSE WE ALL PLAYING AND SPENDING MONEY ON PW AND THEY NOT LOSING CUSTOMERS!!! Do u have bloody idea how much it cost (money and time) them that graphic update ,they need to remake whole bloody models than to replace this low resolution textures with HQ one`s it will be new client! PLUS u prolly don`t have bloody idea but yea they will need new engine simply because this old can`t handle it or even it can but than there is EVEN MORE WORK to upgrade dam god 6 years old engine ,so let`s say they can use one from *Cryptic* which is pretty nice not best but i like it ,ANYWAY DU U HAVE BLOODY IDEA ABOUT RISK TO MAKE ALL THIS WORK IN IT AND ALL POSSIBLE PROBLEM`S IT CAN CAUSE????
    And all that for what TELL ME PLZZZZZ?
    -Is there any f2p mmo with better graphic? - no
    -Is there any f2p mmo with more players than PW? - no
    -Is that money they need to put to make revamp worth doing it in this time? - no

BLOODY HELL DON`T THINK IT`S PIECE OF CAKE BECAUSE IT NOT AND THIS IS BUSINESS THEY DON`T CARE ABOUT INDIVIDUAL`S WHOSE NOT MUCH HAPPY!

Get some dam knowledge or simple don`t talk about something u don`t know ,i guess you have at least u should have smarter things to do in RL than this copy\paste BS u did not even tried to check if it true or not!
  • daprosin
    edited October 2011
    i rly agree with removing the''WORLD'' ''SQUAD'' n all the others at chat
    n maybe updatin all the map would take a year but they would have even more ppl playin/buyin gold.(lmfao 6 years old engine? o_0, they have enought money from packs to buy a new one)
    edited October 2011
    marshbre wrote: »
    If they don`t know\have CODE they could not add TB\EG ,that BLOODY CODE U ALL TALKING ABOUT IS REASON WHY PRIVATE SERVER DON`T HAVE BLOODY GENIE`S ,TB AND EG`S!!!
    Wonder how u bloody troll`s cant get it,they not doing any upgrades SIMPLE BECAUSE WE ALL PLAYING AND SPENDING MONEY ON PW AND THEY NOT LOSING CUSTOMERS!!! Do u have bloody idea how much it cost (money and time) them that graphic update ,they need to remake whole bloody models than to replace this low resolution textures with HQ one`s it will be new client! PLUS u prolly don`t have bloody idea but yea they will need new engine simply because this old can`t handle it or even it can but than there is EVEN MORE WORK to upgrade dam god 6 years old engine ,so let`s say they can use one from *Cryptic* which is pretty nice not best but i like it ,ANYWAY DU U HAVE BLOODY IDEA ABOUT RISK TO MAKE ALL THIS WORK IN IT AND ALL POSSIBLE PROBLEM`S IT CAN CAUSE????
    And all that for what TELL ME PLZZZZZ?
    -Is there any f2p mmo with better graphic? - no
    -Is there any f2p mmo with more players than PW? - no
    -Is that money they need to put to make revamp worth doing it in this time? - no

BLOODY HELL DON`T THINK IT`S PIECE OF CAKE BECAUSE IT NOT AND THIS IS BUSINESS THEY DON`T CARE ABOUT INDIVIDUAL`S WHOSE NOT MUCH HAPPY!

Get some dam knowledge or simple don`t talk about something u don`t know ,i guess you have at least u should have smarter things to do in RL than this copy\paste BS u did not even tried to check if it true or not!

errr yo.......dumba$$.......... I DIDN'T SAY IT WOULD BE FREAKIN EASY!!!! i simply said ONE of the reasons why this wouldn't happen. you speak about be talking about something i don't know yet your **** dumbAss jumped the gun.

and for the record, YES there are F2P games that look better than PW and some are made by PWE themselves.

and even with my limited knowledge in coding i know that something like this would mean basicly rebuilding the damn game from the ground up. get a freakin life>_>
  • marshbre
    edited October 2011
    errr yo.......dumba$$.......... I DIDN'T SAY IT WOULD BE FREAKIN EASY!!!! i simply said ONE of the reasons why this wouldn't happen. you speak about be talking about something i don't know yet your **** dumbAss jumped the gun.

and for the record, YES there are F2P games that look better than PW and some are made by PWE themselves.

and even with my limited knowledge in coding i know that something like this would mean basicly rebuilding the damn game from the ground up. get a freakin life>_>

^ Tell this to you dead mother not me ;)
    And yes u said PWE can`t do sheet because they dont` know CODE AND THAT IS NOT BLOODY TRUE AND IT`S NOT BLOODY REASON U BLOODY\**** TROLL
    U said u know something BUT YOU DON`T KNOW SHEET ABOUT CODING IF U KNOW EVEN BEGINNER`S THING`S U WOULD NOT SAY SHEET`S U TALKING ABOUT
    I working with that for year`s and learning all new tings coming and I BLOODY KNOW WHAT CAN AND WHAT CAN`T BE DONE IN ANGELICA 3D ENGINE AND WHAT`S NEED TO CHANGE BLOODY THING`S

Please tell me which are game none or made by PWE which look`s better?

1- Forsaken Wold? Game with model`s of 6-9 polygons with blurry low resolution textures ?
    2- Jade Dynasty? Game which looks totally same as Perfect Wold but with lil bit different angle for camera + shiny colors?
    2- Battle of Immortals? Game which is models are totally lame compared with any other PWE game but again camera angle and shiny colors making peoples can`t noticed them?

Do u **** TROLL even know what mean BETTER GRAPHIC`S ? Let me teach u poor no life troll :)

1- More complex model`s which actually mean more polygons on model
    2- Higher quality texture`s which gonna be used to paste on model`s
    3- Better quality lighting so it can look more realistic
    4- Improved physics

^ and for all that u need to upgrade ANGELICA which is PAIN or to use other engine which is EVEN MORE PAIN and i`m SICK SICK OF TROLL`S AS YOU ARE WHEN I SEE U ALL YELL AND TRYING TO BE SMART ABOUT THINGS U DON`T KNOW!

Don`t think i don`t like to discuss about all possible upgrades here but let`s try to be normal ,don`t need trash talk about company if there is no reason, and yes i would change alot things from story\Economy\Gear and stuff but hey one thing is *what we wish* and totally different things is what company plan to do (they have plan`s be sure in that)

So let`s stop yelling and talking **** which 99% of player base don`t know and start to discuss about things we know and which are true ,i`m really pissed every time when peoples start to talk **** about thing`s they don`t know nothing, and as i said if u don`t know something ofc smart is to ask,but it`s totally **** to repeat and repeat and REPEAT sheet for what u and poster who tell tell you that don`t know anything.

AND LET ME (some one who work with this thing`s) MAKE U AND ALL OTHER SUSPICIOUS PEOPLES SURE THAT WITH CODE AND **** IS NOTHING BUT TRLOLOLOLOL
    edited October 2011
    And yes u said PWE can`t do sheet because they dont` know CODE AND THAT IS NOT BLOODY TRUE AND IT`S NOT BLOODY REASON U BLOODY\**** TROLL
    U said u know something BUT YOU DON`T KNOW SHEET ABOUT CODING IF U KNOW EVEN BEGINNER`S THING`S U WOULD NOT SAY SHEET`S U TALKING ABOUT
    I working with that for year`s and learning all new tings coming and I BLOODY KNOW WHAT CAN AND WHAT CAN`T BE DONE IN ANGELICA 3D ENGINE AND WHAT`S NEED TO CHANGE BLOODY THING`S

Please tell me which are game none or made by PWE which look`s better?

1- Forsaken Wold? Game with model`s of 6-9 polygons with blurry low resolution textures ?
    2- Jade Dynasty? Game which looks totally same as Perfect Wold but with lil bit different angle for camera + shiny colors?
    2- Battle of Immortals? Game which is models are totally lame compared with any other PWE game but again camera angle and shiny colors making peoples can`t noticed them?

Do u **** TROLL even know what mean BETTER GRAPHIC`S ? Let me teach u poor no life troll :)

1- More complex model`s which actually mean more polygons on model
    2- Higher quality texture`s which gonna be used to paste on model`s
    3- Better quality lighting so it can look more realistic
    4- Improved physics

^ and for all that u need to upgrade ANGELICA which is PAIN or to use other engine which is EVEN MORE PAIN and i`m SICK SICK OF TROLL`S AS YOU ARE WHEN I SEE WHAT U TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE I WORK WITH THAT!

lol what ever. you win;)
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    lol what ever. you win;)

lol never thoght i'd see the day you would just back down from an argument so quickly ROFL.
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    -cut-
    etcetctetc

If you used less bright red colours, less caps andd above all, tried to be somewhat polite about your opinion, I might've taken it seriously. But as for now, you're a wanker. Oh and btw, your defintion of troll seems to be wrong.

Moving on, I dunno, I like the way the game looks. It's nostalgic and all, and really, whereas new graphics would be great, the ones we have now isn't all that horrible, so really, go fix all them bugs first. <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • marshbre
    edited October 2011

If you used less bright red colours, less caps andd above all, tried to be somewhat polite about your opinion, I might've taken it seriously. But as for now, you're a wanker. Oh and btw, your defintion of troll seems to be wrong.

Moving on, I dunno, I like the way the game looks. It's nostalgic and all, and really, whereas new graphics would be great, the ones we have now isn't all that horrible, so really, go fix all them bugs first. <.<

Yea i used that way because i`m tired of peoples talking and yell\hate about things they don`t` know ,some one said them about CODE and they doing nothing but brainless repeating, and for some one who actually work with this kind of things it`s...i don`t know to be honest it`s sick. all that trash talk and hate and all that conspiracy theory it`s just to much...

As i said i`m open for conversation but let`s talk about thing`s which may happen\which can be changed or thing`s we would like to see in this game ,u will agree that way is better than rumors which are totally BS lol I mean we all can talk **** about PWE but that will not help in anything and only what it can do is to totally confuse peoples who reading this.

Also question for suspicious peoples ,do you guys think that Blizzard also don`t have CODE for their own game? I mean if u log on cata expansion u will notice same as when u log on PWI start area of new classes look more eye candy it all colorful and stuff :)
    What u think why they did not revamped WOW after all this years?

P.S. i agree with you i like how game look`s atm ofc wish it can look way better but well it not bad at all ,my personal opinion is that it`s more important if PWE work on fix for glitches than make content worth doing it as well as balancing between classes and engine optimization.
    edited October 2011
    ^^^ honestly, you are the troll here lol. and even lack the balls to even post on your main account lol. me being an in game pal of buffer for some time, i know she does indeed have a habit of walking right on the line of trolling/flaming and being civil. however this time sshe simply made a statement based on what she knew nothing more nothing less, there was no reason what so ever to flame (this time at least lol). and i also recall you yourself saying basically the same damn thing as her, something along the lines of "these devs are not the same ones so they can't do anything."

as for the topic at hand i will agree with everything i think you said (i'm not doing to go out of my way to properly read those poorly written posts). it is indeed foolish to waste manpower to update the looks of the game. and we all know even given PWE's attitude, even IF it was worth it, they most likely wouldn't have done it anyway
  • marshbre
    edited October 2011
    ^^^ honestly, you are the troll here lol. and even lack the balls to even post on your main account lol. me being an in game pal of buffer for some time, i know she does indeed have a habit of walking right on the line of trolling/flaming and being civil. however this time sshe simply made a statement based on what she knew nothing more nothing less, there was no reason what so ever to flame (this time at least lol). and i also recall you yourself saying basically the same damn thing as her, something along the lines of "these devs are not the same ones so they can't do anything."

as for the topic at hand i will agree with everything i think you said (i'm not doing to go out of my way to properly read those poorly written posts). it is indeed foolish to waste manpower to update the looks of the game. and we all know even given PWE's attitude, even IF it was worth it, they most likely wouldn't have done it anyway

WOW so if some one post from new acc that mean he\she don`t have ball`s?IMAO BALLS OVER INTERNET COME ON MAN GET IN REALITY PLZ. So for you peoples who write disinformation`s are ok and on other side i`m troll because i know how thing`s work and saying you all are wrong? I understand that u all want miracle and got bored of game so u enjoy in talking BS thinking it can change something but that is wrong lol ,if u bored or not much happy with game u play go ahead and quit ,u may find other game to play or simple do thing`s u was doing b4 u start playing PW,hey RL man hang out with friend`s,visit family\chill after work or something lol
    Also i don`t know what u mean by i also recall you yourself saying basically the same damn thing as her ? I argue with Lady_buffer and u need to be completely BLIND if u really think we saying same thing`s lol He\She start with brainless repeating almost 2 year old BS about CODE lol, and me on other side saying it dam wrong it not dam true!

Did u ever work on any game engine? (or let me ask more directly ,did u ever do anything in Angelica 3D engine)?
    Do u know anything how to implement content in already made product?
    Do u know how to mod?

I don`t know man but for some one who doing thing`s above i`m really pissed when read all that BS peoples talking about and they repeat that brainless BS almost two year`s lol ,i know (friend bothering me atm ,why u trying to explain who F.K them) but man these thing`s not work on way u guys think they work it really simple as i said...

I`m saying all this thing`s because i simple work with similar thing`s for age`s

@Edit
    Anyway if u all can`t accept simply that there is no conspiracy theory PWE not hate us all etc ,than go ahead and enjoy in brainless repeating that all this happens because devs are not same and this new don`t have code lol if that make u feel better ENJOY ,but also don`t forget to ask your self how we getting new expansion if devs don`t have code ;) try to be more creative,this brainless repeating CODE thingy is boring already lol

Anyway i`m tired of this :)
    edited October 2011
    Revamp would be very nice but sad thing is that poor PWE staff don`t know main code of game (creators has left them) so they cant change anything from original PW....b:chuckle
    Because of that this game is nothing but one unfinished project and u guys will never get any real expansion\update like in other mmos b:bye

posted by you here http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=996492&page=5 b:bye

yeah. you said roughly the same thing. it wasn't in this thread but you DID say it. even if you changed your views from back then, considering you once held the same believe, you are in no position to talk. no one is saying you are wrong (because you are in fact, right to a degree i think), ppl are simply pointing at the fact that you are just speaking to others like a ****** with fail English that is barely understandable, that in turn makes YOU look like the ****** and even tho you make good points no one would take you seriously or even READ your post due to the childish, immature, and unbecoming way you posted. and no don't bother trying to use that **** "WELCOME TO THE INTERNET" as an excuse to post like that. there was a MATURE dissuasion going on here until you started making everyone's eyes bleed with your fail posts.

now maybe there is something more to what you are trying to say. honestly i can't even properly understand your post due the the way it's presented. you want to call people **** when you can't even speak the main language that people use on the forum proper enuf for people to understand.that makes you the ****** and that makes YOU the troll, learn the meaning of terms before you use them, you'll make yourself look less of a fool.

i've said what i had to say. i refuse to degrade myself any further by contining to speak to the likes of you. have a nice day re.tarded sirb:bye
  • daprosin
    edited October 2011
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    posted by you here http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=996492&page=5 b:bye

yeah. you said roughly the same thing. it wasn't in this thread but you DID say it. even if you changed your views from back then, considering you once held the same believe, you are in no position to talk. no one is saying you are wrong (because you are in fact, right to a degree i think), ppl are simply pointing at the fact that you are just speaking to others like a ****** with fail English that is barely understandable, that in turn makes YOU look like the ****** and even tho you make good points no one would take you seriously or even READ your post due to the childish, immature, and unbecoming way you posted. and no don't bother trying to use that **** "WELCOME TO THE INTERNET" as an excuse to post like that. there was a MATURE dissuasion going on here until you started making everyone's eyes bleed with your fail posts.

now maybe there is something more to what you are trying to say. honestly i can't even properly understand your post due the the way it's presented. you want to call people **** when you can't even speak the main language that people use on the forum proper enuf for people to understand.that makes you the ****** and that makes YOU the troll, learn the meaning of terms before you use them, you'll make yourself look less of a fool.

i've said what i had to say. i refuse to degrade myself any further by contining to speak to the likes of you. have a nice day re.tarded sirb:bye

+1 b:chuckle
    edited October 2011
    lol never thoght i'd see the day you would just back down from an argument so quickly ROFL.

Outlaaaaaaaw where you been? i don't see you no moreb:cry

and yeah it's kinda hard to argue when one don't understand what the other is talking about. tried it once, only resulted in the other guy being able to change his story easy>_> so i just backed down, i don't have the patience to decode those posts. epic retort btw lol even made him delete the post he made in the other threadb:chuckle. smart making sure to quote what he said lol.b:sin.