Forum Glitched?

Options
\x// - Dreamweaver16
\x// - Dreamweaver16 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Support Desk
I noticed that when I post on my Seeker there are a couple "glitches".

First the Seekers name is \\x// but it appears \x//.

Next thing I notice is that the the picture often posts as if I wasn't posting as a character, and when that happens my post count stays at 1.

I use Google Chrome and don't have this issue when I post on my Sin.
Post edited by \x// - Dreamweaver16 on

Comments

• condofar
    condofar Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    welcome to the reason we cannot get our jones blessings also now for almost 3 months, the slash marks in our names
  • \x// - Dreamweaver18
    \x// - Dreamweaver18 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I haven't had an issue with the blessings at all. I guess that makes me a little lucky then huh, Just to have forum issues.

Its odd to think that glitches would happen just because of a character in your name xD.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2011
    Options
    IIRC, the game servers are on Linux boxes. When converting from this to the real world, it can case some issues. Mainly because of limitations in the Linux OS that have to do with Case sensitivity and the use that special characters have. I would imagine that this is largely the reason that they are having the problem in the first place.

Then you add on top of that the fact that the web development team is either non-existent, understaffed and overworked, or resembles a team of slightly trained monkeys. And on top of that, they don't just do PWI, but all the other games as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The "\" at the beginning of the name has done the same to everyone that has it. They have no post count, because the system tries to read them with the "\", but then deletes it and recognizes it as a new person. I don't think it's something they can fix easily (or I believe they would have done it already). If you want your post count, I guess you have to keep posting on your Sin.

b:chuckle
  • \x// - Dreamweaver19
    \x// - Dreamweaver19 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'll keep that in mind if I ever decide to make a different character into a main haha. I don't care so much as I was curious about it, so I'll just keep posting as my seeker. Thanks for the both of you to take time and reply!
    b:victory