Breaking the myth - FCC

LilCheshire - Sanctuary
LilCheshire - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
Ok, i'm posting here cause i thought i should break this stupid myth running around PWI about Psys.

I'm not going to mention Vana at all, i want to talk about this class in FCC instead.

So what i've been hearing lately in my FCC squads is the following:

"Psys don't have aoes" or "Psys are terrible DDs"

First point: The fact that psys dont have AOEs is a LIE.

If you are one of those people who say "They don't have any", take a minute, make a nubby psy and press "R" to check their skills.

Don't want to bother doing that?

Ask any psy even World Chat to see if this is a lie.

Psy have more AOEs than Single attacks. Yes, that's right. Around 5-6 (7) AOEs (depending if you learn the 79 skill + 100 skill)

And their AOEs give other effects to mobs like, making them bleed, stunning them, freezing them, slowing them or lowering their accuracy (this last one is probably the least helpful)

Second point: Psys are good DDs

They might not have a continous AOE like wizards, but they have lots of AOE skills (around 6 if you include the 79 skill. 7 if you have learnt the 100 skill.)

Also their fast chanelling, makes them a good arcane DPS class, not to mention Black Voodoo increases their attack lvl by 22 (at lvl 10) that you can increase with a Jones blessing (+30atk lvl) or a O'Malley blessing (15 atk + 15 def) which makes them hit pretty hard.

I don't understand why in FCC they wouldn't pick a psy or consider it DD.

Their AoE's hit hard. Mine hit around 10-13k easily. (aggro is an issue at times which can be solved with the phy imunity skill at times) which is more damage than a bm's axe AOE for example. And they have a handy stunning AoE as well.

It may not be as helpful but they also have an AOE healing skill that helps the cleric when he or she is bubbled in the second boss, and when mobs have been pulled- as an extra help to keep people alive.

FCC SQUADING

I understand that FCC at lvl 80-90 can get rather slow and tiresome, making people want faster runs.

This probably happens mainly cause some are under lvl 85 and have to run all the way back to get to the exp room, or cause the mobs are still higher than the people doing them in that lvl range. (mobs lvls can go from 82-88 more or less)

Of course there is other facts:

- Gear
- Unexperience in FCC (rare but there ARE people who never done FCC)
- Unskilled on playing their own class (due to power-lvling for example)
- A bad squad (due lack of teamwork, lack of comunication, afkness, attitude...)

But im not going any deeper into that, cause most of us know what happens in FCC.

Im not saying to make a full Psy squad.

And I know, some people just buy heads and don't FCC till they are almost 90, but I always liked trying FCC around 80-90 to test out my skills, and cause its more fun to me to do the instance XD.

But I just wanted to point out, each class has their pro's and con's, a good FCC squad doesn't have to be only BMs, Seekers, Barbs, Clerics & Sins.

People ended up believing that having those classes in squad means that the FCC will be quick and will not fail. It can go smoothly but it can fail as well, as the success of an instance doesn't entirely depend on classes, but on their skill to play and cope with situations as well.

To me, a good squad is made of diversified classes, i personally think if you have a squad balancing melee, range and arcane considering what skills they can do, is just perfect and can be equally effective and efficient.
Post edited by LilCheshire - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    People can be stupid.

Mostly when classes look for aoe dd's they try to find BM's or Seekers since they can take some damage, is psys or mages aoe too hard, like they usually do cos they have awesome damage (especially at lower levels) they die much easier.

Even at level 80~ people look for "aps dd's" which is stupid, arcanes are awesome dd's at that level.
  • Envelope - Raging Tide
    Envelope - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I'm not going to mention Vana at all, i want to talk about this class in FCC instead.

lolWHAT? There are people actually saying this? Seriously, they need to buy some common sense in AH b:angry

Psys are actually very useful in FC, as you say they have AoE stun/debuffs, good dps for a magic class, and hey, they even have an AoE heal... not that strong but it can save people on bubble boss, for example. And you know what... i've heard rumors about a psy doing big room pull (though im not sure if this is true xD)

But it's not just psys being accused of being useless in FC, look at venos for example what are they going to say, they are far from useless yet hardly anyone seems to want them in. I'll tell you a story: I did successfull FC runs with a BM, a psy and myself, an archer. No cleric, no barb, no sin, no seeker. And yet we did FULL PULLS and didn't die. I can also remember some full FC runs with 2 archers, 2 clerics and 2 venos. Wasn't really a problem, just took a bit longer.

So yeah, if you succeed or fail doesn't depend on the classes you take in. It all depends on how good people are at playing their class. I wish more people would realize that b:sweat
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This thread gives me a little nostalgic feeling.

I remember running into this same issue over a year ago, when the tideborn were still new.

WC: "Need Wiz/Archer for Gamma/Delta/FC"
    Me: "Hi I'm a psychic, but I can do the job of a wiz or archer in that instance."
    PM: "Sorry, we need an AOE DD."
    Me: "I have 6 AOE skills which I can spam constantly, one of which is an AOE stun with good damage. I can also party heal and make myself immune to physical damage briefly if I get too much aggro."
    PM: "Sorry, just need a constant AOE."
    Me: "I said that I can AOE constantly, what's the difference?"
    PM: "Um, our BM says we need a Wiz or Archer."
    *Zarni is offline*

lolWHAT? And you know what... i've heard rumors about a psy doing big room pull (though im not sure if this is true xD)......................

So yeah, if you succeed or fail doesn't depend on the classes you take in. It all depends on how good people are at playing their class. I wish more people would realize that b:sweat

101 Psy looking for FC squad, can pull full big room (and solo kill it if needed), lol.

FC in particular is really an easy instance, it doesn't take any special squad to do well. Especially after level 90 it can be done by just about any 3-4 people playing any classes as long as they have a little skill and decent gears (by "decent" I mean TT/legendary within 10 levels and flawless shards).
    With my rank8/OHT armor combo around +5 I can act as puller for delta on spawn point, or trophy mode dungeons up to fb89, that may give you an idea of what psychics can do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hitohe - Raging Tide
    Hitohe - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011

But it's not just psys being accused of being useless in FC, look at venos for example what are they going to say, they are far from useless yet hardly anyone seems to want them in. I'll tell you a story: I did successfull FC runs with a BM, a psy and myself, an archer. No cleric, no barb, no sin, no seeker. And yet we did FULL PULLS and didn't die. I can also remember some full FC runs with 2 archers, 2 clerics and 2 venos. Wasn't really a problem, just took a bit longer.

THIS x1000!

I remember leveling my veno, people were amazed of what venos can actually do in FC. I still have a SS of a sin telling how pro I am b:laugh Sage soul degen+ amp make things go so much faster...

But yeah, it all comes down to knowing when to use what. Hyper nabs suck, and people who only squad aps peeps will never get to enjoy the advantages of the sexy debuffs and damage a caster throws out...
    Their loss imo.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    All I can say is, I love watching my waterfall splash over a large group of mobs then stomping and stunning them with my earth friend, exploding in a ball of water and freezing heaps with 1 shot while all the time watching huge numbers of large red figures appear on my screen.

I also love when my bubble stops partys health dropping just long enough for cleric to really heal fast.

Our squads use me on harpys for the long range shots and big hits.

Am I squishy YEP sometimes when I do silly things like forget to change to the correct version of voodoo for the situation. e.g. tank is unable to grab agro back when using black it pays to switch to white and stay there lol.

Anyone who says our class is no good is probably like the barb who once said the same to me, I reminded him slam spread the mobs and wasted our skills at which point the veno in our party agreed with me, the barb listerned stopped using slam and we did a great run from then on.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Just because you ran into some stupid people, which happens quite often in PW, or any other online game, it doesn't mean it's a myth. b:bye
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I have to agree with OP. Physic has more AOE skills than singles I was really surprised. But sometimes I have trouble with it in cube when killing mobs. I cannot use AOE skills there, because there is lot of mobs on pile.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    Just because you ran into some stupid people, which happens quite often in PW, or any other online game, it doesn't mean it's a myth. b:bye

Nowadays is very many stupid players playing, who don't know anything about the game. For instance lv. 99 sin didn't know, that some cube dungeon exist and where it is. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Envelope - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    Nowadays is very many stupid players playing, who don't know anything about the game. For instance lv. 99 sin didn't know, that some cube dungeon exist and where it is. b:chuckle

Once upon a time, when i was playing my cleric, a sin send me a squad invite. He wanted to buff me with BP b:embarrass
    edited October 2011
    Once upon a time, when i was playing my cleric, a sin send me a squad invite. He wanted to buff me with BP b:embarrass

Yea. In this game nothing cannot surprise anymore.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Ive never ever heard people say this about psys, I don think there is any such myth, probably just one noob said it to him and now hes decided that its common in PWI for people to exclude psys from FC.

Its not.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I got the feeling you think this thread will make a difference in how people think? silly PWI player. b:cute
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Honestly venos make worse aoe dd xD we have nova and noxious that are actually good aoe lol but our debuffs make it so worth it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I agree that most people simply overstimate FCC -- mobs there are nothing special to deal with.Even for me,which class isn't exactly considered as an AoE one,could damage for half of hp in a simple 2-hit combo(Mire-Subsea-Earthen Rift),and that was at lv.80-90.
    Wizard/Psy/Archer/Seekers/BM/etc are simply overkill in FCC for AoE duties,off course some players are just dumb and lazy and thus they prefer the"classic",setup=Wizard/BM for aoe.
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • Matgatg - Sanctuary
    Matgatg - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Clerics with BP will break the game b:laugh. I love psys, but they are hard to find when doing things, and sometimes they do silly things too often. But when they know how to play b:cute.
  • Nightsfangs - Archosaur
    Nightsfangs - Archosaur Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Ok, i'm posting here cause i thought i should break this stupid myth running around PWI about Psys.

First point: The fact that psys dont have AOEs is a LIE.

If you are one of those people who say "They don't have any", take a minute, make a nubby psy and press "R" to check their skills.

Don't want to bother doing that?

Ask any psy even World Chat to see if this is a lie.

Psy have more AOEs than Single attacks. Yes, that's right. Around 5-6 (7) AOEs (depending if you learn the 79 skill + 100 skill)

And their AOEs give other effects to mobs like, making them bleed, stunning them, freezing them, slowing them or lowering their accuracy (this last one is probably the least helpful)

Second point: Psys are good DDs

They might not have a continous AOE like wizards, but they have lots of AOE skills (around 6 if you include the 79 skill. 7 if you have learnt the 100 skill.)

Also their fast chanelling, makes them a good arcane DPS class, not to mention Black Voodoo increases their attack lvl by 22 (at lvl 10) that you can increase with a Jones blessing (+30atk lvl) or a O'Malley blessing (15 atk + 15 def) which makes them hit pretty hard.

I don't understand why in FCC they wouldn't pick a psy or consider it DD.

Their AoE's hit hard. Mine hit around 10-13k easily. (aggro is an issue at times which can be solved with the phy imunity skill at times) which is more damage than a bm's axe AOE for example. And they have a handy stunning AoE as well.

It may not be as helpful but they also have an AOE healing skill that helps the cleric when he or she is bubbled in the second boss, and when mobs have been pulled- as an extra help to keep people alive.

FCC SQUADING

I understand that FCC at lvl 80-90 can get rather slow and tiresome, making people want faster runs.

This probably happens mainly cause some are under lvl 85 and have to run all the way back to get to the exp room, or cause the mobs are still higher than the people doing them in that lvl range. (mobs lvls can go from 82-88 more or less)

Of course there is other facts:

- Gear
    - Unexperience in FCC (rare but there ARE people who never done FCC)
    - Unskilled on playing their own class (due to power-lvling for example)
    - A bad squad (due lack of teamwork, lack of comunication, afkness, attitude...)

But im not going any deeper into that, cause most of us know what happens in FCC.

Im not saying to make a full Psy squad.

And I know, some people just buy heads and don't FCC till they are almost 90, but I always liked trying FCC around 80-90 to test out my skills, and cause its more fun to me to do the instance XD.

But I just wanted to point out, each class has their pro's and con's, a good FCC squad doesn't have to be only BMs, Seekers, Barbs, Clerics & Sins.

People ended up believing that having those classes in squad means that the FCC will be quick and will not fail. It can go smoothly but it can fail as well, as the success of an instance doesn't entirely depend on classes, but on their skill to play and cope with situations as well.

To me, a good squad is made of diversified classes, i personally think if you have a squad balancing melee, range and arcane considering what skills they can do, is just perfect and can be equally effective and efficient.

Sorry about that idiotic question, but who sais that?

Psys are awesome dds and they have about 4 aoes (or more), with only 1 to require Sparks.

Anyway non good psys (from my experience) die a lot in FC cause they attack without buffin themselves-->get aggro__>die.

I've done a lot FCs with psy in sq and some of them were really fast.

Last I would add, don't bother explain anything to idiots, they won't understand anyways and u'll waste ur timeb:surrender.
    The voices in my head might not be real..............................................................but they have some good ideas!
  • XxStormy - Harshlands
    XxStormy - Harshlands Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    its the fact that the mobs 'stun" since we have no constant aoe were more easily stunned its possible to do with a psy but "shrugs" easier with other class's. that is if your talking FC glitch. normal fc. **** psy are amazing for taking out whats in the halls. dots on the boss and Killing huge amounts of mobs at once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Omea - Lost City
    Omea - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    its the fact that the mobs 'stun" since we have no constant aoe were more easily stunned its possible to do with a psy but "shrugs" easier with other class's. that is if your talking FC glitch. normal fc. **** psy are amazing for taking out whats in the halls. dots on the boss and Killing huge amounts of mobs at once.

Also, killing huge amounts of knife-fish. I did that every time I went in there on my Psy, for the fun of it.
    How come, if someone asks a question in a forum, at least 13/20 posts answers the question in the same exact way, 5/20 word the exact same answer differently and 2/20 say something completely unrelated to both life and death?
  • wxmi
    wxmi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I LOL'ed to the person who says psy don't have aoe XD
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Anyone that says psychics are bad DDs probably had the misfortune of meeting the one or two special snowflakes that decided that it would be a good idea to go HA. You know... because going AA and hitting like a truck is so mainstream. That or they only encountered psychics that spent majority of their time on the ground because they don't know how to juggle DDing and not dying. That's something a lot of tideborns seem to struggle with. Anyone that spends a lot of time on the ground is a bad DD. That applies to EVERY class.

I like how XxStormy felt the need to share that information about why psychics aren't as desirable in goon groups. Grats on the 105. It must have felt like such an accomplishment when you finally got there. I'm sure it was a serious pain in the *** because all the stuns and stuff. *rolls eyes*
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    why isnt thread closed yet?

psy dont have 5 aps

CLOSE THREAD NOW
  • _//Slunce\_ - Raging Tide12
    _//Slunce\_ - Raging Tide12 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    why isnt thread closed yet?

psy dont have 5 aps

CLOSE THREAD NOW

because all the 5 aps DD in my server are pwned by the same psy at the same time all the times b:bye
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    because all the 5 aps DD in my server are pwned by the same psy at the same time all the times b:bye

PUTS A SMALL PAGE BACK ON THREAD

we talking pve here

CLOSE THREAD FOREVER WITH FRANKIE HAMMER
  • _//Slunce\_ - Raging Tide12
    _//Slunce\_ - Raging Tide12 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2011

PUTS A SMALL PAGE BACK ON THREAD

we talking pve here

CLOSE THREAD FOREVER WITH FRANKIE HAMMER

b:laugh soulforce + base magic attack, 6 aoes, and inmunity to damage... b:chuckle not very skilled
  • Sesshomaru - Lothranis
    Sesshomaru - Lothranis Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    depends lol, the one agros is the best aoe DD. If we talk about equal level of gears i think its seeker > wiz> archer > psy (in terms of agro) (cant count r9 since seekers dont have it yet). Also mystics are very good in delta.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    My barb 2 shots every pull up to and includeing the big room in FCC with demon sunder>ToP>Arma and its a mostly +7 claw barb with oht axes

Who cares about aoe DD past level 80?
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • LilCheshire - Sanctuary
    LilCheshire - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Ive never ever heard people say this about psys, I don think there is any such myth, probably just one noob said it to him and now hes decided that its common in PWI for people to exclude psys from FC.

Its not.

i wouldnt bother if it were only 1 noob XD, its something ive been hearing a lot, at least on the sanct server. And i dodn't expect people to change much even if posting on forums.

Nubs will always be nubs XD
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Psy's don't have aoes???

If it pleases the forum court.... I offer Exhibit A into evidence...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_0NO-NiQPM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • Envelope - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    Yes, psys apparently don't have AoE. Just like clerics don't have heals. Thats why you need clerics to be APS, silly b:cute