Server Switch!

2»

Comments

• Nevaldame - Raging Tide
    Nevaldame - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I adore this idea, i have so much money spread over most servers, if i put it all into one server, *Ka-ching* $.$ I would be one very happy person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Everything is determined by luck, timing
    and the choices you make. Nothing
    is determined by skill. -

- There is nothing wrong with me having a female toon....i mean lets be honest....would you rather stare at a male toons backside all day? -
  • Engeli - Sanctuary
    Engeli - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    omgs i would love it xDD

i desperately want to move to european server, or something closer to europe. xP

if there just was a ENGLISH european server which was PK b:surrender
  • Store_Guy - Archosaur
    Store_Guy - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    omgs i would love it xDD

i desperately want to move to european server, or something closer to europe. xP

if there just was a ENGLISH european server which was PK b:surrender

+1 i think anyone who wants to move a char to a server that more suits there times they can play should have the choice. bump
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I think it would be cool too :) We actually looked into having this functionality, but so far the technical limitations have been too much to overcome. It could change in the future though...

omfg, then you can delete all other servers anyway, couse EVERYONE will move to lost city

my suggestion is, just merge the god da mn servers! the population would be higher and noone would get bored!
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Store_Guy - Archosaur
    edited October 2011
    omfg, then you can delete all other servers anyway, couse EVERYONE will move to lost city

my suggestion is, just merge the god da mn servers! the population would be higher and noone would get bored!

I disagree about everyone wants to go to lost city. MOST people that have spoken in this thread so far are actually talking about moving to euro servers. not lost city.
  • lissajane
    lissajane Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I think it would be cool too :) We actually looked into having this functionality, but so far the technical limitations have been too much to overcome. It could change in the future though...

OMG YES! DO IT, DO IT!!!

At last all the trapped PVE players on LostCity/Harshlands could find heaven on a PVE server and the wannabe PVPers trapped on PVE could find their hell!!

Someone said LostCity would get overcrowded? No way - the influx of PVPers would be easily balanced by the exodus of PVE players.

The only people who wouldnt like this are the RPKers on the PVP servers - their innocent victims would vanish overnight LOL

But please keep the fee for the 'transfer stone' realistic - not everyone would want to pay a fortune even for this luxury.
  • Coral_blades - Dreamweaver
    Coral_blades - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    imo i think that would be awesome to switch servers, but also you have to look at the whole picture, there wont be anyone trying to accually lvl on the pvp servers after you do that, because they could just start out on a pve server, lvl up to 100 and then switch to pvp. but that could also serve as a good thing for pve servers...get rid of the pkers in the SP and let them go bully people on the pvp servers instead of bullying the lvl 30s and 40s in the SP so they are forced to buy FCs to accually lvl b:cold also if you do come out with a server switch stone, keep the price real, because com'on only an idiot would pay that much real money 4 a bundle of pixels b:shutup b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    signature picture thanks to Schznider<33 ty hun<333 b:cute
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Either merging servers or implementing server switches would bring back/spark a lot more activity. But would they be able to merge servers that are on different coasts? Because merging Harshlands and Lost City would revive so much PK and bring in so much money, whereas enabling server switches would keep PvE servers active with the influx of lowbies and such, whereas the PvP servers would grow more active with the influx of highbies from the PvE servers.
    Sounds like a great idea that would be difficult to put into action.
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Now I foresee 1/2 years worth of speculations over these 2 sentences.Also threads like"When when when",and"How how how",etc. etc.

+1000 lol - i lmao thinking the very same thing when i read it -

saving my gold now until i see it . . . . .

LC people would get so mad about this

Yes, because they would lose the argument that people from pve servers don't know how to pk - lots of PvE rank 9 players would stomp stomp stomp around LC like godzilla.

Not saying I would, but there are plenty on PvE servers that could. No problem.

I'd settle for inter server TW like they had with the tourney. That has to be far more technologically possible, no?

LC server generally out-gears arch, for sure, but with inter-server TW options, I bet we could get all 80 CS'ers to pool into 1 TW faction and make a go of it.

Hmmm, only 80 though? Not sure my gear would make the cut . . . . .
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited October 2011
    What about merging servers? Archosaur is majorly under populated and the nearly impossible to have true competition in TW. Things are way too one ended - merge to Sanctuary or something IDK.. GET IT DONE!

Geogaddi and BLOODMYSTIC agree, it must be the right thing.

Sanctuary? Isn't HL underpopulated compared to LC?

Also, I think we share a names dbase with some servers, so merging with one of those seems like it would make the most sense.

But they have ruled out server merge many, many times.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • starfever
    starfever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Great Idea - really hope it actually happensb:pleased

The thought of getting my toons out of the Lost City kiddies playground into the grown-up world of a PVE server would be a dream come true b:thanks
  • Store_Guy - Archosaur
    edited October 2011
    b:victory Well like i said some people work different shifts and life changes sometimes being on one server works. But say you get a new job where your times to do TWs, Thursday night tourney, or server events greatly shifts. Kind of what make sense to give people the chance to move to where they can benefit most from the times. As someone else said before in this thread it would for sure bring back some old players once they have the ability to adjust there player to a server that works with there life. And as i said before hand it would not be as hard to implement as was stated by Frankie. All characters servers are already stored on the website, It would merily take making space on the website to upload char info. They send gold, dq items, ect to servers from the website. Make a drop down box to where to send the char. It really would not be that hard. The website is 100% linked to all servers. If they look to find away to implement the space for it it would be very easy and effortless. And would take no more then 2 days of changing website coding at most to accept the ability to change plus pwi would be able to make some fast money when it was created. b:victory
  • Luxiouss - Harshlands
    Luxiouss - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    can't be that hard frankie i mean pw my merged their servers which is pretty much switching characters from one to another.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    can't be that hard frankie i mean pw my merged their servers which is pretty much switching characters from one to another.
    If they had a shared name database, then it's much easier. However, for PWI only the Heaven's Tear, Sanctuary, and Archosaur servers have a shared name database.

And Store_Guy, it's a hell of a lot more complicated than you think it is. First of all, the names need to be unique, so even the first step of transferring someone to another server isn't easy if there's a name collision. Also, I don't know if you've noticed this, but the "website" (by this I'm assuming you mean Core Connect) doesn't always get all of the information, doesn't get it all correct, and doesn't keep it up to date. Also, it only pulls data from the databases, it doesn't add/edit any of it. Besides that, there are a lot of logs that the website doesn't even have to deal with. And that's just the beginning of the complications. It is anything but "easy and effortless" if you know much about the database structure itself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Kadran - Dreamweaver
    Kadran - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    GMS! make a server switch stone or something.
    GMs =/= Devs
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Yes, because they would lose the argument that people from pve servers don't know how to pk - lots of PvE rank 9 players would stomp stomp stomp around LC like godzilla.

Not saying I would, but there are plenty on PvE servers that could. No problem.

I'd settle for inter server TW like they had with the tourney. That has to be far more technologically possible, no?

LC server generally out-gears arch, for sure, but with inter-server TW options, I bet we could get all 80 CS'ers to pool into 1 TW faction and make a go of it.

Hmmm, only 80 though? Not sure my gear would make the cut . . . . .

Hate to burst your PvE pride, but Lost City has far too many rank 9 players for Pve Rank 9's to come and stomp around. Joining Lost City will just bring you from good to average. Rank 9 no longer signifies the power difference it did before. Only thing that matters now is whether you're a fish or not.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Actually there should be NO technical limitations if it is done manually.

From what I understand GMs have the ability to grant levels, equipment etc. to characters. The only limitation is that the character on the moved to server must choose a unique name, that is probably not going to be the same as the original. Even that could be fixed by reserving a special character for moved characters. to append or pre-pend to the old name.

So the only problem is to find a price for that stone that covers the cost+profit of a GM manually doing it.
    edited October 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    If they had a shared name database, then it's much easier. However, for PWI only the Heaven's Tear, Sanctuary, and Archosaur servers have a shared name database.

Sooooooooooooooo, merge Arch and HT

Hate to burst your PvE pride, but Lost City has far too many rank 9 players for Pve Rank 9's to come and stomp around. Joining Lost City will just bring you from good to average. Rank 9 no longer signifies the power difference it did before. Only thing that matters now is whether you're a fish or not.

Um, first, I have no PvE pride, but I have no PvE shame, either. I specifically said I wasn't talking about me, so I don't know what "pride" you could possibly be referring to.

And yes, my point is that there are in fact many PvE rank 9's could stomp around just as well, not necessarily better.
  • wtfbeef
    wtfbeef Posts: 5 Arc User
    well i would love to switch my r9rr Archer from HL server to Morai... since HL server is **** empty >.< almost dead :( Pls do something to let us switch server :S many ppl would buy this
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    There we go, even fours ago people were wanting server changes /merges.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    And for four years they've been told repeatedly that it won't happen.....
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    And for four years they've been told repeatedly that it won't happen.....
    Touche xD
  • imprisonedbylove
    imprisonedbylove Posts: 40 Arc User
    Something that would be as good as server merging or maybe even better would be a joined TW map.

I'd love to be able to fight against other servers as well as have a TW enemys/allys that switches in a heartbeat. The TW we have now is getting one sided and for each week its better more and more dull due to the population on my server at least. 2 factions battling it out for the last year with them shuffling in strength pushing each other forth and back. b:surrender

Would be interesting considering time differences but very interesting!
    22d782a2-7d3f-4a43-9a33-204dda1f5895_zps7bvlfoxw.png
    A little bm spirit and a little sage heart!
  • vulpeca
    vulpeca Posts: 30 Arc User
    Server change stone would be a-m-a-z-i-n-g! I do see some problems though, for example people using same char name end up on same server and cause confusion. But it would be nice if it alarms you before you switch so you have to change your name to be able to "enter" new server or something..