Is PWE/PWCN Working on a Sequel?

Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
As most of us know PWI is slowly dying, the class imbalance, inflation, bugs and lack of new content is no news to us veterans.

I have looked at several of the other Titles in the PWE stable and it seems to me that they are all cheap mini games designed to grab a few players and Zen for a while. None of them even hold a candle to the graphics and gameplay of PW, despite all of PWIs faults.

That being said, the world trend is towards even more incredible MMOs. Better graphics, non-grindy gameplay, and dynamic events (similar to a not mentionable game coming out next year)

It seems to me that anyone in the PWE/PWCN management with a brain would have been developing the next generation PW. Especially since they foolishly got rid of the original development team and therefore cannot properly update and fix things.

What do you think, any rumours, inside info?
Post edited by Viper_girl - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If we saw something developed by the original devs, sure, I'd love to see that. Sadly, they jumped ship before the beta was even out, and I'm given to believe they've been swapping dev teams every year or two. -_- Frankly, that explains half the problems we have today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    If we saw something developed by the original devs, sure, I'd love to see that. Sadly, they jumped ship before the beta was even out, and I'm given to believe they've been swapping dev teams every year or two. -_- Frankly, that explains half the problems we have today.

That seems odd. Why would a $50 Mil + Public Company be so incapable of retaining a good development team. The devs are the lifeblood of the company.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    That seems odd. Why would a $50 Mil + Public Company be so incapable of retaining a good development team. The devs are the lifeblood of the company.

Probably they are paying to the Chinese mafia b:avoid
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited October 2011

That being said, the world trend is towards even more incredible MMOs. Better graphics, non-grindy gameplay, and dynamic events (similar to a not mentionable game coming out next year)

b:surprised look a not so new f2p mmo with capital "P"
    - Deliciously updated P2P like graphic = yes
    - Copy paste character model = no
    - Advanced class role type = yes
    - Unique pets, guardian, summons = yes
    - Each item are unique, even with same name and grade = yes
    - Class upgrade = yes
    - Pay to win = not really
    - Multiple class tree = yes
    - High polygon model = yes
    - Widescreen support = yes
    - 3D support = yes
    - Summon are actually epic just like in the world legend = yes
    - Pro *** and **** = yes
    - Same gender marriage = unknown
    - Unique play style for each class = yes (regardless of role)
    - Balance = under development
    - NPC are handsome and beautiful = yes
    - Storyline = player actually playing a role / not just a passing by hero
    - Culture and diplomatic between race = exist and have influence to game play
    - This game perfect ? = no

Example : Bluehole and NCsoft tragedy b:laugh

Maybe Archosaur team are making Archosaur studio... for future PW3
    - not under Pwe / wanmei
    - not using Perfect World as game title
    - all race are modified to remove relation with old perfect world
    - different world, new system
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • marshbre
    marshbre Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    As most of us know PWI is slowly dying, the class imbalance, inflation, bugs and lack of new content is no news to us veterans.

I have looked at several of the other Titles in the PWE stable and it seems to me that they are all cheap mini games designed to grab a few players and Zen for a while. None of them even hold a candle to the graphics and gameplay of PW, despite all of PWIs faults.

It seems to me that anyone in the PWE/PWCN management with a brain would have been developing the next generation PW. Especially since they foolishly got rid of the original development team and therefore cannot properly update and fix things.

Mk i usually not bother myself with forums but i got so sick of u all no life tards and yours sick imagination

1st of all u should get some knowledge b4 u start posting this BS as many brainless troll`s b4 u :)
    2nd you as well as other brainless troll`s don`t realy know if devs are same from start or if they changed r? No one from PWE said anything about it :)
    3th Even if they changed team it absolutely no matter because peoples who made this game <programers> work for this company and they dont have any rights on this product,they just workers that`s all.
    4th Now about graphic revamp ,u know if private servers can change skill animation`s,edit models and stuff,why u all think PWE cant do it hm?
    5th Now u even try to strain your empty brain u will get your answer`s about game update or glitch fix`s

- why no quality content?
    Answer: because peoples will still play it and spend more money ,all they need it some cheap things like fashion and end game gear in cash shop so they can rise their ego :)
    - why there is no glitch fix?
    Answer: because peoples will still play it and spend more money ,all they need it some cheap things like fashion and end game gear in cash shop so they can rise their ego :)
    -how all that can be changed?
    Answer: There is two option
    1- they will just let game die ,but i doubt it because they still don`t have better game to replace PW
    2- if peoples actually quit or stop spending cash on PW,it may cause dev`s to change their mind and work on it :)

Happy? :)
    edited October 2011
    marshbre wrote: »
    Mk i usually not bother myself with forums but i got so sick of u all no life tards and yours sick imagination

1st of all u should get some knowledge b4 u start posting this BS as many brainless troll`s b4 u :)
    2nd you as well as other brainless troll`s don`t realy know if devs are same from start or if they changed r? No one from PWE said anything about it :)
    3th Even if they changed team it absolutely no matter because peoples who made this game <programers> work for this company and they dont have any rights on this product,they just workers that`s all.
    4th Now about graphic revamp ,u know if private servers can change skill animation`s,edit models and stuff,why u all think PWE cant do it hm?
    5th Now u even try to strain your empty brain u will get your answer`s about game update or glitch fix`s

- why no quality content?
    - why there is no glitch fix?
    -how all that can be changed?
    Answer: There is two option
    1- they will just let game die ,but i doubt it because they still don`t have better game to replace PW
    2- if peoples actually quit or stop spending cash on PW,it may cause dev`s to change their mind and work on it :)

Happy? :)

Hmm, someone with an anger management problem, and too afraid to post under their own main account. LOL.

What surprises me is why you would even be angry at a discussion as to whether there is a sequel. Wouldn't PW3 be awesome? Besides, your attitude towards programmers "just being workers" is probably the exact reason why the original dev team left. Perhaps the management thinks the same way.

Well, I do know something about what I'm saying and it isn't a troll. Much of the info is in the forums and on other sites as well as publicly since the company is publicly listed.

Anyway, your post didn't add anything of value to the discussion except to show that you can't write proper English.
  • Tyramera - Dreamweaver
    Tyramera - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If they are working on a sequel, I hope they release the name of it soon ... so I know what to stay the hell away from. After I move on from PWI I won't be touching anything else by PWE, too many problems with how this company conducts itself and treats its customers.
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If they are working on a sequel, I hope they release the name of it soon ... so I know what to stay the hell away from. After I move on from PWI I won't be touching anything else by PWE, too many problems with how this company conducts itself and treats its customers.

Amen to that.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I would like to see a MMO that can actually get the running motion correctly like PW did. Most other MMOs I've tried, including FW, either have very disproportional character figures or they run like they got a stick up their rear. It's quite sad that a game this old (5 years, 8 years?) still got better graphics than most games out there today.
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I hope the sequel features double the amount of cash shopping.
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magna - Harshlands
    Magna - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If we saw something developed by the original devs, sure, I'd love to see that.

"Zeng Ge and Wang Zhenyu, the co-founders of Infinite Worlds' development team, are former developers of the well-known 3D MMORPGs Perfect World and Zhu Xian"
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited October 2011

This is true, but I think for a F2P game that does not require you to buy any games etc (ie only download and play) PW is doing fantastic. The main reason why I love this game so much, is because I don't have a to pay a cent to play it (except for my internet costs). And by comparison the grahpics, gameplay, content etc is much better than some "other" online games I've seen. Yes new stuff is coming out with better graphics etc, but you have to buy (most likely) the game first and then some you have to pay to play. PW is doing ok for a game that is older than some new incredible games, but yet it still has huge numbers of players. That's my opinion
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
    edited October 2011
    This is true, but I think for a F2P game that does not require you to buy any games etc (ie only download and play) PW is doing fantastic. The main reason why I love this game so much, is because I don't have a to pay a cent to play it (except for my internet costs). And by comparison the grahpics, gameplay, content etc is much better than some "other" online games I've seen. Yes new stuff is coming out with better graphics etc, but you have to buy (most likely) the game first and then some you have to pay to play. PW is doing ok for a game that is older than some new incredible games, but yet it still has huge numbers of players. That's my opinion
    Agreed that PWI is fairly good for now or we wouldn't have any players left. But it takes years for a really great game to be developed, so they need to already be in the process to creating a sequel for it to even come out next year.

You realize of course that PWE is a business and has expenses. People like you who play free are being supported by the people who charge Zen. Guess what will happens when a far superior game comes out? Even if there is an initial purchase cost or subscription fee, much of the money that is currently going to PWI Zen purchases would leave the game and PWI would die rapidly. It cannot survive on people who play only for free.
    edited October 2011
    FYI, found this Perfect World official press release:

On September 15, 2011, Perfect World released the expansion pack "Glory Renaissance" for "Perfect World," the Company's 3D adventure and fantasy MMORPG. This expansion pack introduces new story plots and skills for its new class and professions. A new instance and several beautiful scenes are also included in the expansion pack, adding more exciting elements into the game
  • Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    Rivi_V - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Does anyone have the link to the old post made by someone about what PWI was suppose to be and how things changed? This was months and months ago before EG were out. It was a letter that was translated from the Chinese forums.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
  • Grandisfanum - Sanctuary
    Grandisfanum - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Does anyone have the link to the old post made by someone about what PWI was suppose to be and how things changed? This was months and months ago before EG were out. It was a letter that was translated from the Chinese forums.

I think you mean these

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11834062&postcount=2408

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1677705&extra=page%3D2&page=1
  • Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    Rivi_V - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
  • marshbre
    edited October 2011
    FYI, found this Perfect World official press release:

On September 15, 2011, Perfect World released the expansion pack "Glory Renaissance" for "Perfect World," the Company's 3D adventure and fantasy MMORPG. This expansion pack introduces new story plots and skills for its new class and professions. A new instance and several beautiful scenes are also included in the expansion pack, adding more exciting elements into the game

FYI but you are wrong again *facewall* that is expansion pack for p2p PW and its actually Rising Tide and its already live on CN test server ,it have same 2 classes sin\psy but they got different skill animation as well as quests than on our version...

Some pictures form test server http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/3175738/1/mfw%20p2p%20pw?h=8ccad1

P.S. as i said get some knowledge b4 u start talking BS mk?
    edited October 2011
    FYI but you are wrong again *facewall* that is expansion pack for p2p PW and its actually Rising Tide and its already live on CN test server ,it have same 2 classes sin\psy but they got different skill animation as well as quests than on our version...

Some pictures form test server http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/3175738/1/mfw%20p2p%20pw?h=8ccad1

P.S. as i said get some knowledge b4 u start talking BS mk?

If you know so much about the game, then please enlighten us with real information instead of just saying I'm wrong and being rude. That is what this thread is about.

It was reasonable for me to post that Press Release quote because it ties in with the "new content" that Frankieraye has been hinting at.

If indeed that announcement is simply patching the PWCN P2P version with the Tideborne expansion then the PWCN management is offering misleading information to shareholders.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If you know so much about the game, then please enlighten us with real information instead of just saying I'm wrong and being rude. That is what this thread is about.

It was reasonable for me to post that Press Release quote because it ties in with the "new content" that Frankieraye has been hinting at.

If indeed that announcement is simply patching the PWCN P2P version with the Tideborne expansion then the PWCN management is offering misleading information to shareholders.

It's not misleading because it specifically said Perfect World, not Perfect World 2.
    Mind you there is a difference between the two. Look back on previous expansions for our version and you'll see whenever they mean pwcn/pwi, they say Perfect World 2.
    Also, if that expansion was to be for our version, there would be countless threads about it, more pictures than the ones I provided, and pwe would have announced something about it by now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Actually the same press release on a different site says Perfect World 2 so you might want to check your facts a bit more too before jumping up and down claiming victory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited October 2011
    Actually the same press release on a different site says Perfect World 2 so you might want to check your facts a bit more too before jumping up and down claiming victory.

Except that I have access to both chinese versions of PW and that just from looking at the OFFICIAL SITES FOR BOTH VERSIONS there was an expansion release only for p2p pw.

Show me this press release, I doubt its authenticity but I would still like to see it.

EDIT:
    Also, p2p pw is referred to as World 2, but not perfect world 2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bankor - Lost City
    Bankor - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2011

You do know that Perfect World has always been called "World 2" don't you? Heck even the original P2P version (still being used and updated) calls it "World 2" . PWI and W2I (f2p chinese version) are both technically "World 2" 2...
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I am aware of this yes, my point was the same press release on 2 different sites stated it differently one just said "Perfect World" and the other said "Perfect World 2" though both descriped the game as free to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited October 2011
    I am aware of this yes, my point was the same press release on 2 different sites stated it differently one just said "Perfect World" and the other said "Perfect World 2" though both descriped the game as free to play.

If it's not an official pwe/wanmei/pwrd site, it's not going to be 100% accurate.
    They more or less made a mistake and thought that Perfect World = pwi/pwcn and were not aware of the difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marshbre
    edited October 2011

Look im not rude im just sick of all this BS u peoples talking about (i said BS because no one of u didnt even bother to check that information`s u talking about) all u peoples doing is YELL HOW PWE ARE BAD GUYS THEY HATE US ALL IMAO, it`s not really hard to check http://www.pwrd.com and see whats going on ,as u can see there is two games Perfect world (which is p2p) and Perfect world 2 (which is f2p) PWI is port of f2p for USA\EU , there is nothing special with it ,all u need to do is to monitor CN world2 site\forum or other sites (using google translate is not perfect but it help alot) ,than if u wanna information`s from game it self u can research and there is guide how to play CN version (would like to post it but mods will delete it for sure) just to know CN is not playable at all because EXTREMELY high ping for me at least.

The "new content" that Frankieraye has been hinting at is http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpwbrchannel.blogspot.com%2F2011%2F09%2Fbase-de-clas-novos-equipamentos_12.html

Really guys PWE not changing anything because only one reason their game (PW) is best f2p game on market (that is why we still playing it r?) and till players start massive quit or just stop spending cash (or maybe if some other company launch better f2p game) they wont change anything they will continue giving cheap updates (as i said in my 1st reply to you)

(_)P Cheers :)
    edited October 2011
    The issue really is that the casual reader would easily mistake the PR announcement. Not everyone has access to the Chinese versions nor can most of us here read Chinese. It would have been more accurate for them to have said they were updating Perfect World to include content previously released in Perfect World 2.

Ultimately, it is disappointing news for PWI players looking for signs that something is being done to fix the game.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited October 2011
    The issue really is that the casual reader would easily mistake the PR announcement. Not everyone has access to the Chinese versions nor can most of us here read Chinese. It would have been more accurate for them to have said they were updating Perfect World to include content previously released in Perfect World 2.

Ultimately, it is disappointing news for PWI players looking for signs that something is being done to fix the game.

This is the year 2011.
    You have google.
    You have google translate.
    You do not need to play the actual game to find out news about it.
    Those chinese websites do not have ip region bans (to the best of my knowledge anyways) so you should be able to access them and try to determine if what people post on the forums is true or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    Really guys PWE not changing anything because only one reason their game (PW) is best f2p game on market (that is why we still playing it r?) and till players start massive quit or just stop spending cash (or maybe if some other company launch better f2p game) they wont change anything they will continue giving cheap updates (as i said in my 1st reply to you)

(_)P Cheers :)
    Thanks for the informative update and link.

Well yes PWI is still pretty good and that's why I still play it, but you can see the population density decreasing already. I will probably still charge Zen once in a while, like buying a Movie ticket that I know will soon be gone.

What this thread is about is whether there is a sign of a PW3, or some massive upgrade that will put the game on par with the new games coming out from other studios.

The PWCN acquisition of Atari's Cryptic Studios doesn't seem to herald much since their upcoming game Neverwinter seems more like CORPG than a MMO.
    edited October 2011
    This is the year 2011.
    You have google.
    You have google translate.
    You do not need to play the actual game to find out news about it.
    Those chinese websites do not have ip region bans (to the best of my knowledge anyways) so you should be able to access them and try to determine if what people post on the forums is true or not.

Why all the hate? I do have a life and don't spend all day trying to figure out what PWE/PWCN is doing. That is why I posted here on the forums to see if someone knows more.
This discussion has been closed.