A few questions.

AlwaysHunted - Raging Tide
AlwaysHunted - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
I recently started playing PWI again, and have a few questions I'd like to ask.

First of all, Now that I'm level 30 on my Seeker, why can't I even kill level 31 monsters without having tons of trouble.

And I keep hearing about this FB thing, do I need to do it? And how so if I can do it.
Post edited by AlwaysHunted - Raging Tide on

Comments

• SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    your seeker is fail start again or restat you should be destroying things yes things round tellus are almost 2x harder than other start maps but plan your points

i quested/grinded to lvl 88 i never had this problem try more vit or str less dex and never touch magic lol
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    fb is dungeons usually comes after cultivation chain (gold quests) they are essential lvls fbs are on are 19/29/39/49/59/69/79/89/99 fbs are purple quests look for them in search quest in quest log
  • Lacerator - Raging Tide
    Lacerator - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    My stats are pretty standard...

I went: Even levels 2Str 2Dex 1Vit
    Odd levels: 3Str 1Dex 1Vit

Until level 26, which gives me 30Vit.

I am proceeding to get 3Str 2Dex per Odd Level, and 2Str 3Dex per Even level.
  • Protarius - Archosaur
    Protarius - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    fb is dungeons usually comes after cultivation chain (gold quests) they are essential lvls fbs are on are 19/29/39/49/59/69/79/89/99 fbs are purple quests look for them in search quest in quest log

That should be 51. Rest all accurate.

Have fun!
  • BabaORiley - Dreamweaver
    BabaORiley - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    My Seeker is about the same level and has had some of the same problems.b:faint

What I have found, at low levels, with most classes (I have lots of alts) is that unless you can afford to outfit your character with top of the line gear, you should be leveling off mobs 2 levels below you. It gives the same experience as mobs 1 level above you.
    You kill the mobs faster, so you level faster and you lose less health and spend less on potions. b:victory

Sometimes this means skipping quests until you are 2 levels above objective mobs in the quests.

If you have to face mobs at or above your level (at starter levels) then you should try to form a squad. Keep an eye out for other players in the same area and invite them to a squad. Most squishy types (clerics, mystics, wizards, etc will jump at the chance.) If you think same level mobs are hard for you, they are twice as hard for these guys. They may have to use up many potions and kite the mobs. Kiting works drags the process out so that it takes twice as long.

If you squad, you get free buffs, and don't have to use up potions. They get to their objective faster and also save on potions. You don't need a full squad. Two players can be much more efficient than one. b:cool b:sin

Another approach is to make note of mobs that you do really well against and then seek that type of mob out as you level. My seeker did really well with underwater mobs between 20 and 30. The crocodiles on the south edge of the map were really great to level off of.

It also pays to experiment with macro combos which can be faster and much more accurate than wildly mashing keys. With my Seeker I went through quite a number of permutations until I found a macro combo that worked really well. I am not aware of any guides on the topic, so start off simple and work your way up to more complex macros.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The exodus is here
    The happy ones are near
    BabaORiley