Game is not worth playing without double drop rate

Amencat - Sanctuary
Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
it is so point b:chuckle

quality of drops sucks enough, when the quantity of drops sucks as well, game sucks
Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
Post edited by Amencat - Sanctuary on

Comments

• XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It does bring people back to farm for Nirvana and such. And makes things like Lunar/TT more worth doing.
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver
    TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    it is so point b:chuckle

quality of drops sucks enough, when the quantity of drops sucks as well, game sucks

wow, arent you a big ball of negativity? if you hate the game so much, why are you still playing it and posting on it's forums?
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    cant longer look on this

giant FAIL

have to express it *sigh*
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If there was a permanent double drop, then people are going to ask for a triple drop and so on...

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the double drop but the novelty of that kinda went down after the second week. When the normal drop rate returned I really didn't care that much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I only play the game on x2 drop "events", on x1, I go inactive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    lol triple drop rate XDDD i would love to see that ROFL

no why not make double drop rate forever and when the ppl dont behave,
    or devs have a bad week, or feel like they didnt get enough praisement
    to punish them with normal drop rate

b:shocked
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Then farming would mean something instead of CSing.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
    edited October 2011
    Wow Amen, i just noticed even your sig is negative, did you not get enough hugs as a child or what?
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Wow Amen, i just noticed even your sig is negative, did you not get enough hugs as a child or what?

ROFL. b:chuckle

You guys DO realize that double drops means double the coin coming into the game which means even more gold exchange inflation.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2011

You guys DO realize that double drops means double the coin coming into the game which means even more gold exchange inflation.

this + mats will drop alot uncanny and raps dropped alot in price during 2x if they would do 2x normal i wouldnt be surprised to see 200k canny and 900k raps
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
    edited October 2011
    Then farming would mean something instead of CSing.

Sure you can, you just bake 2 cakes, and then you can eat one of them

Also not sure if it'd be exactly double, if anything an increased supply of things to sell would drop the prices as people undercut each other to try and make their stuff sell the most. Of course gold would drop more, but the gold drops pale in comparison to what you make selling mats...
    edited October 2011
    Also not sure if it'd be exactly double, if anything an increased supply of things to sell would drop the prices as people undercut each other to try and make their stuff sell the most. Of course gold would drop more, but the gold drops pale in comparison to what you make selling mats...
    I'm referring to the coin supply in the game. Basic economics. Coin drops, NPCd items etc. increases money supply, hence inflation. The only way to fix this is to somehow increase the coin sink 2x at the same time.

Oh, to clarify I mean the Gold exchange rate inflation. Yes some dropped gear may become lower in price but that won't affect the Gold exchange rate.
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011

dont you know the only good thing you get from a really bad childhood is this AWSOME SARCASTIC HUMOR, youre obviously lacking of b:bye
  • SeeMonkey - Sanctuary
    SeeMonkey - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I have never seen so many people leave or be more uninterested in the game than during this 2x.

Yes you are right ppl want to do vana and TT more ... aps classes cause their greed takes over. And no one wants to do anything else but those two instances.

Our factions online rate was up a bit for the first week until ppl got bored and it dropped right off by about half.

It's a good motivator for AA classes to leave the game. Not all of us can be bother or even want to make an APS class to vana with.

It just makes the rich richer really, with some ppl 3 maning vana in under 5 mins.

Caster vana is a joke. May as well just get your free subs. With full R9 squad .. yer its pretty fast, but no where near as fast as with even a medium vana team, but you can only really go once before someone has to leave, and 2x doesnt really seem to work for it. It works on the last boss maybe? But not the rest.
  • SharkAngel - Heavens Tear
    SharkAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    2x or not, I'll play all the same. I never really understood why some only decide to farm (and sell) things during 2x, since the value of items drop a lot during such periods.

Permanent 2x drop-rate/XP for mobs in the overworld wouldnt be bad though...
    It's a good motivator for AA classes to leave the game...

This is so true...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veri - Lothranis
    Veri - Lothranis Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Quest exp rewards could use some rework maybe even increase the normal kill exp a little bit too.
    edited October 2011
    dont you know the only good thing you get from a really bad childhood is this AWSOME SARCASTIC HUMOR, youre obviously lacking of b:bye

I can't tell if you're saying you had a really bad childhood or not, please speak better of
    edited October 2011
    What this game needs is a permanent 2x-4x XP rate increase, NOT drop rate increase.

The old quest XP rewards (except for Tideborn Coming of Age Quest) need to go up about 8x. Gimme a break, killing 40 of something for a measly 8-15K XP reward? (mid-level quests). No wonder questing and quest squads are mostly dead except for the required Culti quests.

And WTF is with the 20Gold Newbie Starter pack including Esotericas instead of Hypers? If PWE is trying to make Newbies dissatisfied and leave they are doing a bang up job.
    edited October 2011
    What this game needs is a permanent 2x-4x XP rate increase, NOT drop rate increase.

I would wholeheartedly support this, especially at 30+ where quests start to taper off in reward exp
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    I can't tell if you're saying you had a really bad childhood or not, please speak better of

then just get over it, kiddy

the lack of exp is not dependent of the mob killing-exp, its actually fine in my opinion,
    but to increase the 2x regular exp mob-kill reward would affect fcc abuse even more, so im against it
    they should change the quest-exp reward instead
    edited October 2011
    then just get over it, kiddy

the lack of exp is not dependent of the mob killing-exp, its actually fine in my opinion,
    but to increase the 2x regular exp mob-kill reward would affect fcc abuse even more, so im against it
    they should change the quest-exp reward instead

Whatever youngin...

But you do agree the exp needs to be changed, and tbh I can't say I would want to see the exp gotten from monsters increase, especially when the FC thing is brought to the table. If they would increase the normal monster exp either without increasing FC exp or nerf that exp in addition to the increase in normal monsters, I would be fine with that. I just wish you didnt hit such a lull in exp once you pass like 30-35.

If they do increase quest exp, what are your thoughts on the BH exp? Keep it the same or increase it along with the normal quest exp?
    edited October 2011
    If they do increase quest exp, what are your thoughts on the BH exp? Keep it the same or increase it along with the normal quest exp?
    Personally I think BH XP is ok as it is (when stacked). What I would like is a larger variety of BHs available daily. For example why not make use of Twilight Temple as well from 60 onwards (not just 100+) and give the players a choice of BH instances.

Why not allow Phoenix Valley to be used more than once a day? Unlike FF it is level limited so you actually get to Hyper grind with similar level squad mates and actually learn how to play the class. Throw in a few drops in PV to make it more attractive to squads.

I personally am sick of running the same old BH day after day (on my alts). It makes me really feel like buying heads (which I have never done yet).
  • PlaySimsNow - Dreamweaver
    PlaySimsNow - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    So true...play Simsb:chuckle
    edited October 2011
    Personally I think BH XP is ok as it is (when stacked). What I would like is a larger variety of BHs available daily. For example why not make use of Twilight Temple as well from 60 onwards (not just 100+) and give the players a choice of BH instances.

Why not allow Phoenix Valley to be used more than once a day? Unlike FF it is level limited so you actually get to Hyper grind with similar level squad mates and actually learn how to play the class. Throw in a few drops in PV to make it more attractive to squads.

I personally am sick of running the same old BH day after day (on my alts). It makes me really feel like buying heads (which I have never done yet).

I can say that I'm in the same boat, and I really hate that there is only 1 BH per level set, so if you suck at one of them, oh well, deal with it till you get another 10 levels. For the record, I'm referencing the BH39 on my mystic where I have to heal the party/shield the party from the explody chocobos and crabs b:sad

I would kinda like a way to either have 2-3 to pick from or have a way to do 2-3 different ones and then if you're strapped for time you could just do the ones you like. Hell, you could just make it so all the past BHs that you outgrow would still be available to encourage higher levels to run with low levels who would normally have problems with it. Plus since the exp you need to level gets higher and higher as you level, you wouldnt even have to scale back the exp since higher levels naturally receive less percent-wise than people who are at-level for it.
    So true...play Simsb:chuckle

I'd rather kill things in ways other than taking a ladder out of a pool or walling people in...
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    tbh this 2x was too long, i'd rather have it for 2weeks every 2 months to balance the market etc.

When me and my hubby duo 3-3 we rarely get bad drops when its not 2x, maybe we're just lucky. One run we got 4 golds and it wasn't 2x. Illusion Stone, Ghost Lords Protection, empires sighx2 b:chuckle
  • Envelope - Raging Tide
    Envelope - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    if you make permanent x2 it should only be for normal monsters out in the fields, so the people that actually invest time in grinding/questing isntead of trolling wc, goofing around in arch or powerlevel one alt after another in FC would be rewarded more... on normal drops you can grind for hours and you hardly gain anything.

Either that or x2 events in regular intervals, like once every month or every weekend. Permanent x2 on everything sounds nice but it would probably do more damage to the game than positive effects.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This is unbelievabe -.-
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    2x or no 2x, I'm still barely active.

My TT99 is enough to complete all PvE, and sure PvP can be frustrating against R9s, but I'm a barb, I don't die b:chuckle So to me there's no need to aimlessly farm the same thing over and over. Mind nummingly boring.
  • bishb0sh2
    bishb0sh2 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    2x drops will drive gold prices higher seeing as there will be 2x as much coin being produced. items will also double in price.

pwi needs to increase the drop rate of valuable items that people do not sell to npc for coin like molds, items, uncannies, lunar/tt mats etc.

also PWI needs to add gold sinks to the game. increase repair costs of gears. endgame OP gear like rank 9, nirvana etc should have extremely high repair costs.

if you reduce the amount of coin in the economy it will be easier for new players to start playing. more new players = better game & more cash shoppers.

leveling rate increase would also be nice for lvl 60+
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The double rate was not really double was kinda normal for those prices on the game. Now at what they call "normal" is so so so very extremely very low. I go to TT today and I get 1 item and 1 fairy box. At some bosses I dont even get the item i was killing him for who should be 100% to get 1 item. I mean what is that a joke?
    The "double" how they call it was more like normal, now is impossible. How can we do money if there is no coin, no drop, no nothing? Is easy to say do nirvana runs or TT but do with what? These days no one take you to Nirvana if u dont have 4 or 5 aps and many sage or demon books read. How can I make coins in game if there is nothing to sell or none coins drop? 50 coins drop? Please.....