The Bottom Line About a Deicides SIN

rgog
rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Assassin
I played lvl 101 with Deicides (+6) for a few weeks (from reset note sale to reset note sale) and I have to say, it was kinda fun being 5.0 APS (even if it was not real) but I do more damage with R8 (+5) at 2.86 - I am guessimating the damage is about 10%-15% more and of course it is much more fun not having to swap out every few seconds to active a skill.

Bottom line is Deicdes SIN is just not worth it.
Post edited by rgog on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ... Yeah, that's what me and all the others told you.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    They should sticky this. The opinion of someone actually trying it out himself may prevent others from making the same mistake.

Gz on the reset note sale.
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    SinFulGodX - Sanctuary Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    THIS OR GTFO.. Fake Items ftw!!!

http://pwcalc.com/c3c89b737fb3df35

/trolled - deicides do not suck lol...they have uses
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Deicides blow. Thanks for telling us what the entire Assassin forum has already told you 100 times.

Guy 1: Deicides suck.
    Guy 2: Deicides suck.
    Guy 3: Hey guys! Guess what I found out, Deicides suck! Im the 1st person to say this ever!
    Guy 1 & 2: .........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HellWariorB - Raging Tide
    HellWariorB - Raging Tide Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I am considering using my claws (+10) from Barb to sin from lvl 95 to lvl 100
    do u think is a good idea?
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    nope.
    You'll do same damage with H&T +4 with 2 sockets.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011

Restatting for that is not worth it imo.

If you do have the str (for instance, set for warsoul and then gear bonusses that allow you to wear the deicides), it would be nice to benefit from a +10 weap ofc.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2011

I did this and it worked well. Unsparked I did the most damage with Hook and Thorns +5. Sparked I did more damage with fists. I have alot of experience weapon switching so there wasn't an issue using skills like Inner Harmony/PD/Wolf Emblem and not losing time.

Basically, 5 aps is 75% faster (and able to perma spark, as well as gives a nice constant string of paint heal) than 2.86. The difference between +5 daggers and +10 fists was more than made up by the 75% more attacks 5 aps did.

I had already statted 117 strength for Warsoul Helm and another 29 more for deicides wasn't a huge issue for me. Plus, I had my HA Vana helm +8 refined at 153 strength so I statted strength for those too and got a nice hp boost from it. If you have Forest Helm that's only 146 strength.

For me it was worth the restat. I did stop using the Deicides at 100 as soon as I got R8 daggers but left the strength in and continued to use the helm until I farmed my sin an LA Vana helm. The it was a about a 55 strength restat down to 104 strength with gear, which I used a medium reset note, and a small restat all and got my vit and magic down to 3 as well.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I did this and it worked well. Unsparked I did the most damage with Hook and Thorns +5. Sparked I did more damage with fists. I have alot of experience weapon switching so there wasn't an issue using skills like Inner Harmony/PD/Wolf Emblem and not losing time.

Basically, 5 aps is 75% faster (and able to perma spark, as well as gives a nice constant string of paint heal) than 2.86. The difference between +5 daggers and +10 fists was more than made up by the 75% more attacks 5 aps did.

I had already statted 117 strength for Warsoul Helm and another 29 more for deicides wasn't a huge issue for me. Plus, I had my HA Vana helm +8 refined at 153 strength so I statted strength for those too and got a nice hp boost from it. If you have Forest Helm that's only 146 strength.

For me it was worth the restat. I did stop using the Deicides at 100 as soon as I got R8 daggers but left the strength in and continued to use the helm until I farmed my sin an LA Vana helm. The it was a about a 55 strength restat down to 104 strength with gear, which I used a medium reset note, and a small restat all and got my vit and magic down to 3 as well.

Finally someone saw the practical use of it instead of just screaming their heads off about "it sucks it sucks you suck don't do it you're fail." b:pleased
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    You can always find reasons to do something different, but it's funny the OP, who made a thread first to ask if he should go deicide, then one about how great it is, now makes a thread on how it's not worth it. At least considering 100+.

However, looking rationally at the situation of the one asking :
    - He has a lvl100 str base toon already. That sin with deicides will only be "not as good" in any aspect.
    - For this reason, sin will probably not solo anything, till it surpasses barb, i.e. have good daggers.
    - It's only for lvl95-100, which is probably like 1 week max, since he's 100+ already.
    - The said sin will probably only do fcc, which doesn't take long with a 95+ squad, and will require daggers at least half the time for rift/subsea.
    - Restatting from warsoul to 104 dex with 3 base vit and 3 base mag can be done with 1 restat of 25 on all stats. Deicide will always require 2 to restat, so there is an extra cost for this 1 week.

Ofc, maybe he's in a situation that he doesn't have 200k rep yet, that you can imagen all kinds of gear that would make the extra str a good deal, but plz don't act like in the general most obvious situation it seems to be, the deicide thing is a "smart move". I think it's more the opposite, ppl screaming "deicides is so good, they have aps", without actually thinking further...

For me question seems to be : buy 1 extra restat note, to save 20min on fcc'ing from 95 to 100 ?
    My reply on that : not worth it, unless there is another reason to restat.
    edited September 2011
    Well the reason to restart was to see how would it go on my sin and i rarely do normal FC because of the lack of bars (very few lvling these days). I duo FC with another sin and kill all bosses and i solo on my sin big room and sell heads. The reason i was thinking of my barb's claws is that i need to much time to solo it (15+ min) 1 group at a time and wanted to do it a little faster (side note i already have R8 ,100 raps and Nirvana pants waiting for me at lvl 100)
    b:thanks
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    I see, so it really is just to benefit from the +10 refine.

If just for experience, squad fcc is the fastest till 100+ gears. If it's easy to find squads that is... Don't know about that on your server. Considering all the gear you have as soon as you reach lvl100, I would just rush to 100, then start selling heads again. A +10 weap will make your duoing faster for sure, but it won't be more cost/time efficient exp wise as a good 4 man squad.

If you need that money from selling heads, or if on your server getting a decent squad takes ages, then you rather restat.
    edited September 2011
    Well duoing mean me and a R9 sin b:shutup friend of mine to clear all bosses and path to heads, then he switch on alt and we clear together Big room. Money form heads covers repairs and skills upgrade (5 more sage skills to learn including Tidal Protection) which will cost some money and some ppl are reluctant to take a Sage Sin to FC b:surrender. And to tell the truth much faster doing duo then with normal squad. b:thanks For your imput.
  • Malkomod - Harshlands
    Malkomod - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    You can always find reasons to do something different, but it's funny the OP, who made a thread first to ask if he should go deicide, then one about how great it is, now makes a thread on how it's not worth it. At least considering 100+.

However, looking rationally at the situation of the one asking :
    - He has a lvl100 str base toon already. That sin with deicides will only be "not as good" in any aspect.
    - For this reason, sin will probably not solo anything, till it surpasses barb, i.e. have good daggers.
    - It's only for lvl95-100, which is probably like 1 week max, since he's 100+ already.
    - The said sin will probably only do fcc, which doesn't take long with a 95+ squad, and will require daggers at least half the time for rift/subsea.
    - Restatting from warsoul to 104 dex with 3 base vit and 3 base mag can be done with 1 restat of 25 on all stats. Deicide will always require 2 to restat, so there is an extra cost for this 1 week.

Ofc, maybe he's in a situation that he doesn't have 200k rep yet, that you can imagen all kinds of gear that would make the extra str a good deal, but plz don't act like in the general most obvious situation it seems to be, the deicide thing is a "smart move". I think it's more the opposite, ppl screaming "deicides is so good, they have aps", without actually thinking further...

For me question seems to be : buy 1 extra restat note, to save 20min on fcc'ing from 95 to 100 ?
    My reply on that : not worth it, unless there is another reason to restat.

So, you are saying that I should get deicides when I hit 95, aren't you? (just kidding) Seriously, It had been really obvious for my part that deicide suck. Plus, why having them for 5 levels? R8 ftw!!! Well, for blademasters deicides are great...