Questions

HardTimes - Lost City
HardTimes - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Mystic
ok a have a few noob like questions xD

1st off i like to ask about the sage/demon side of the pets, Devil Chihyu, Storm Mistress, Salvation. i know they get one additional skill each and what skill they are called. but what i would like to know what they do.

2nd i know sage pet summon is 10% mp less then normal to summon, dose this also mean the pet will use 10% less too? im thinking no, bc when you look at its stats its called "chi"

3rd, i have read in forms more then once how more refines you have the stronger your summon will be. Im not at end game lv with lots of refines yet, but i do have some and the stats on my pets dose not change. if its true that the summons do get stronger with refines of your gear, how much stronger do they get? if anyone can confirm this or post a screen shot refines having affect it will be vary much appreciated. b:thanks

and last, what would be the best way to go about getting or making sage/demon skills? b:surrender plz tell me, i would love to know. there are little to no books for sell in AH on my server for mystics.

thank you for your time. b:kiss
Post edited by HardTimes - Lost City on

Comments

• My_Camry - Heavens Tear
    My_Camry - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Hi,
    All Mystic skills including demon/sage versions can be found here: http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
    As far for your questions:
    1)I'm sage myself and got sage versions of all pets except devil, therefore I will post skills by pets:
    Devil - Boost, improves base attack rate by 30% (correct me if I wrong please) for 30 seconds
    Mistress - Moonshade , silences target for 3 seconds
    Salvation - Warp Shield , gives shield to everyone in squad that absorbs 600 damage.
    2)Sage version provides initial lower cost to summon pet, pets chi consumption stays the same.
    3) Never really tested myself by I remember someone testing with and without armor and pets do get boost around 15-20% to their stats depending on your gear (again I might be wrong, memory).

Hope I helped a bit.
  • TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver
    TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I don't think there is any preferred way of going sage or demon on a mystic, since they both have their strong points. Sage tends to either give you more chi or save you chi on it's skills as well as having purify on break in the clouds, and the exp loss on revive drops to only 5%, which can be really nice. Demon however has a 5 minute falling petals, thicket can increase damage taken on whatver it hits, gale can become better at immobilizing, and revive will have them back at 100% of their hp and mp.

Overall I think sage may be slightly better, as I'm not sure on if demon spark also speeds up channel rate (i know it says attack, but not sure on channel) and wood mastery increased by an extra 5% seems pretty nice too and that purify could come in handy, but it would still be reasonable to go demon in my opinion
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    IKnuke - Harshlands Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I don't think there is any preferred way of going sage or demon on a mystic, since they both have their strong points. Sage tends to either give you more chi or save you chi on it's skills as well as having purify on break in the clouds, and the exp loss on revive drops to only 5%, which can be really nice. Demon however has a 5 minute falling petals, thicket can increase damage taken on whatver it hits, gale can become better at immobilizing, and revive will have them back at 100% of their hp and mp.

Overall I think sage may be slightly better, as I'm not sure on if demon spark also speeds up channel rate (i know it says attack, but not sure on channel) and wood mastery increased by an extra 5% seems pretty nice too and that purify could come in handy, but it would still be reasonable to go demon in my opinion

Im not sure about pet stats myself.
    Anyway about your comment: Im Demon.
    Demon Spark is giving -25% Channeling.
    Rapid Growth is -30% Channeling.
    And like BITC got purify, Demon's AOE Heal is also able to purify.
    Of course if you heal yourself or a solo target BITC might be better but if there is an AOE Debuff/Cruse, 25% Heal to purify while you heal 6 people in the same time - 1 or 2 will be purified for sure.
    edited October 2011
    Im not sure about pet stats myself.
    Anyway about your comment: Im Demon.
    Demon Spark is giving -25% Channeling.
    Rapid Growth is -30% Channeling.
    And like BITC got purify, Demon's AOE Heal is also able to purify.
    Of course if you heal yourself or a solo target BITC might be better but if there is an AOE Debuff/Cruse, 25% Heal to purify while you heal 6 people in the same time - 1 or 2 will be purified for sure.

Okay so demon spark does give channeling, that makes it more appealing... hmm, I might have to reconsider whether I'm going demon or sage now, as I do like that 15 seconds of channeling, especially since I wanted to stack other channeling gear and rapid-fire soul absorbs...

Also pretty sure rapid is only 20% channeling, not 30%

And while 35% chance on each person to purify is nice, the cast + channel + cd of break is only 2 seconds, while it is 10.5 seconds on Mist means that if you don't purify the person you really needed to purify, you're kinda screwed. Then again you really shouldn't be relied on to be the purifier, that's the cleric's job.

Overall I would say don't make a decision until you get your 59 skills and see how much you like them, since thicket and cragglord eat up your chi. If you find yourself using those a lot, I'd advise sage for increased chi generation and conservation, if you use more of the damage-based skills like bramble, vengeance, and thicket, you'll likely get more out of demon and it's spark than you would out of sage.

And now that I know about that spark, I'll likely go demon but I still say both are viable options depending on your play style and the role you usually find yourself in.
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Okay so demon spark does give channeling, that makes it more appealing... hmm, I might have to reconsider whether I'm going demon or sage now, as I do like that 15 seconds of channeling, especially since I wanted to stack other channeling gear and rapid-fire soul absorbs...

Also pretty sure rapid is only 20% channeling, not 30%

And while 35% chance on each person to purify is nice, the cast + channel + cd of break is only 2 seconds, while it is 10.5 seconds on Mist means that if you don't purify the person you really needed to purify, you're kinda screwed. Then again you really shouldn't be relied on to be the purifier, that's the cleric's job.

Overall I would say don't make a decision until you get your 59 skills and see how much you like them, since thicket and cragglord eat up your chi. If you find yourself using those a lot, I'd advise sage for increased chi generation and conservation, if you use more of the damage-based skills like bramble, vengeance, and thicket, you'll likely get more out of demon and it's spark than you would out of sage.

And now that I know about that spark, I'll likely go demon but I still say both are viable options depending on your play style and the role you usually find yourself in.

Demon is 30%
    Sage has a chance to not need a cooldown

Mystics, I feel are a spam class... which for one... Don't need chi because there are not that many nuke skills aside from Thicket and cragg because they dont really improve by sparking.

So chi really isn't needed/required in a mystic to me, as much as other classes.
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    IKnuke - Harshlands Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    All of my skills are Demon, So i'm not pretty sure - I know it that Rapid Growth is -30%.
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ok a have a few noob like questions xD

1st off i like to ask about the sage/demon side of the pets, Devil Chihyu, Storm Mistress, Salvation. i know they get one additional skill each and what skill they are called. but what i would like to know what they do.

Refer to this post for information about the Lv 11 summon skills.
    and last, what would be the best way to go about getting or making sage/demon skills? b:surrender plz tell me, i would love to know. there are little to no books for sell in AH on my server for mystics.

thank you for your time. b:kiss

This post includes a list of what pages are used to make each skill book. Mysterious and Advanced Mystical Pages are obtained through trading in tokens of luck at the PW Boutique Agent. Old Book Pages are obtained as boss drops in RB/GV, and Pages of Fate are obtained via Cube of Fate. OPB and PoF can also be manufactured with Warsoul Tags, obtained from City of Abominations or the PvP Tourney, both weekly events.

On a side note, I'm probably half the reason it's so hard to find books on LC. <.<;; I've been buying, and I only need Devil and Wood Mastery to complete my set of demon skills. *cough* But check AH fairly often; they do pop up occasionally on there, though not as often as other class books to be sure.

Also, I'm just saying, but she never asked for an opinion on which path to take, nor information about any skills except the Lv 11 summons, which ecatomb does not provide. >.>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
    edited October 2011
    All of my skills are Demon, So i'm not pretty sure - I know it that Rapid Growth is -30%.

Okay I see what it is, the skill is listed as reduced cooldown by 10% and in reality it's reduced channeling by an extra 10% on top of the 20% it already has, that skill description is misleading on the skill database then...
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Okay I see what it is, the skill is listed as reduced cooldown by 10% and in reality it's reduced channeling by an extra 10% on top of the 20% it already has, that skill description is misleading on the skill database then...

No, ecatomb is just wrong. The actual book/skill description reads differently.

Proofs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
    edited October 2011
    No, ecatomb is just wrong. The actual book/skill description reads differently.

Ah, then it's a slightly better usage of the close to 4 million spirit you need to get it then...