Once you quit its hard getting back into

Ivala - Dreamweaver
Ivala - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Tideswell (East)
I quit this game like over a year ago...was a OG player from april 09 era...remember all the old school guilds like imajica , titans, bushido x, and some OG players like luchii, nymphostaz, supernova, wolfgang...just to name a couple...

reason i quit first time was i moved and took me a while to get set up again...after i got set up again it wasnt the same i was underleveled and so i tried playing another mmorpg..that didnt last too long lol...Ive downloaded the game again...and for the life of me cant get into it...ran a few daily FBs and after that im like what now...so how do people get back into the groove of things...i would create a new character but i just have that feeling of grinding i did...those one missions where u have to have the archer perma running her aoe spell with the cash shop mana items....and asking for help on the bosses around the world seems like overwhelming...but the feeling of playing this game was great back then...and im level 83 and back then it was considered in the top ten percent of the high levels....maybe im just tryin to relive days when i played mmorpgs and i actually enjoyed them...i bar hop mmorpgs lately and really cant stick to one...this was the first mmorpg where i grinded and spend money on cash shop and had tons of friends in friends list that actually i played with...
Post edited by Ivala - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'd make a sin if i were you, everyone's doing it. And well... besides grind and cashshop there isn't much to do lol. Or stick to your archer and buy a few hypers and get to 100 in a couple weeks. Level means nothing in todays game. Just get to 100 asap then play the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dellores - Dreamweaver
    Dellores - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'm sry, the game you played before is long gone :( Now that you can buy your lvls and your gear, the only thing anyone seems to do is catshop/cash shop and pay ppl to do instances for them b:sad
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    the community is still very active

i have no idea what to do as lvl80 nowadays

probably do BH and get 5 hyper exp stones (made by tokens sold everywhere)
    and do FC?

if there is still squads of people lvl80-90 running by themselfes
    when i lvled my sin to 100 a few months ago there was people doing that in squads instead of buying an overpowered high lvl to do it

game became very lvl100-centered, but its very easy to get there on +12 exp in FC

the great guilds are recruiting 100+ (at least the remains of calamity, regenesis, do)

not sure if u did tw, you should join a twing guild and do that again, its still the most fun this game can offer
    im sure most of them are recruiting somewhere near lvl90 maybe 80
    i like potato
  • Rev - Dreamweaver
    Rev - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Ivala,

I quit this game over two years ago and just recently found my way back.
    "this was the first mmorpg where i grinded and spend money on cash shop and had tons of friends in friends list that actually i played with" - (sounds exactly like me)

I was a member of the old school guild titans (thank you for the mention) and we came over from sanctuary when dreamweaver opened. The titans was the only guild I knew. We had a breakup as some guilds tend to do, but it also co-incided with RL happenings for me and some of the others that I was close to. Over the years I have thought fondly of PWI and even managed to log in every now and then to see if ever there were friends on and there never was.
    PWI sent me some random email or another and so I decided to download again and log on, was half expecting to not even have an account anymore.
    I first couple of log ons, it took me a bit just to remember how things worked, and I am still rusty. I started noticing changes, but the biggest things was that I felt lonely, so used to having friends on to play or chat with, that I almost stopped playing again. Being under leveled at 77 was a bit different as well. Also the economy and values of things has changed so much its crazy to me.
    But I kept plugging away just a bit at a time, trying to figure out what to do.
    Finally a friend in my friend list logged on and he got me into a new guild, and while I still miss my old friends alot and some of the old PWI, I am making new friends and doing my best to figure out the new PWI.
    My advice is just keep working at it, and I think it will get better for you. People are still friendly for the most part and have been very patient with my questions.
    I am hoping the best for you, we need all the old timers we can get around here.
    Let me know if I can help in any way or just want to talk about the old days.

Rev
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    yay old players
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I myself am glad that some older players are trickling in, even if they don't stick around for whatever reason (mostly economical).

Unfortunately, when you are under level 100, it's harder. This is my 4th character that I've leveled past 80, and unless you can afford to buy fc heads (I can afford it, I just refuse to, which is why my sin's still 85 and my mystic's 93) or have lots of friends, it's as if the powerleveled general wants nothing to do with ya. TW? With rank 8 being the average these days, those who can't afford it struggle in survivability (seriously google spellcheck? That is not wrong!). So yes, if you come back after a year and notice the changes like so, you may not feel inclined to stay longer; which is understandable.

TW is what keeps me here anymore. That and friends and the sentimental value in rl behind it. I keep at it, even though I kinda have one foot out the door as it stands. That's what you have to (try and) do. There are many factions that wouldn't mind a level 80 archer. If you want to TW, there are some who still do that and take your level. Just gotta keep at it and have fun.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    XBushidoX is still around though. Sure, a lot of people have flowed through, as a result I'm propably the only member left from the original Imajica-XBushidoX coalition in there now...

But I'd say that even with the new people it still feels the same, except better in some ways and weaker in others. Sure it's not competent to the top lvl guilds anymore right now (Although that can change in the future too *evil grin*) but that also means a lv 80 character is not completely out of date either.

It might not be enough, but it's still something if you want "the old times back". :)
  • MermaidMan - Dreamweaver
    MermaidMan - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Hey Ivala, I can say that I sort of know how you feel. I haven't been around since 2009, but I got into Perfect World around 2010. When I first started playing, I was addicted. I spent countless hours and pulled many all-nighters while playing this game. I even got a few of my real life friends into it and we had high hopes of starting our own guild and everything. The dream of having our own guild was crushed pretty quickly since real life situations came into play and most of us had to stop playing little by little, but those of us who stayed found a pretty cool guild to keep us company.

At some point, however, the college and working life got a little overwhelming and I had to quit PW for a while. It got to the point where I didn't even want to come back in here, I just wasn't feeling it. I stopped playing for almost a year (can't really say if it was a whole year or not...) When the Genesis expansion was coming out, I was psyched even though I wasn't playing as much at the time. When it came out, I downloaded the expansion and got a seeker to lvl... 10... Never came back after that.

I started barhopping MMOs as you well said, and none of them caught my attention as well as PW did. But I, for some reason, did not want to come back here. Perhaps because I knew that all my friends had quit already and I was probably going to have to start from scratch with a couple of things...

Like it or not... I got this sudden urge to play PW again... so I downloaded the game, once again, and began to play it about three days ago. I had NO idea what I was doing with my two mains (psychic lvl 69 and assassin lvl 64) so I decided to make an Earthguard Seeker and just start fresh. It still feels lonely, however, since I don't have anyone to talk to at the moment, and most people that I've met around this lvl are just powerleveling so tey don't even bother to speak to you as much.

In any case, if you do decide to stay for a while and you decide to make a new character just until you get used to the game again or just to try something new, let me know, I'll happily join you seeing as I'm still a fairly low level with my Seeker. If you decide to keep your other character, feel free to hit me up anyway.

Hope you find your love for PW once again (so that all that time and money wasn't all a waste.)
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Hi and welcome back to pwi unfortunately the feel of the game has changed for the most part its basicly skip all the middle content and hit 100 asap (basicly like going from the bottom cookie of a oreo and skipping the cream filling so you can get the top part of the cookie) hopefuly you still have some friends who play or can make new ones, or maybe find a nice guild to join with friendly active members if theres anything i can help with or if you just want to talk feel free to pm me in game =) ... but my name has no caps pwi forums just are racist against lowercase letters in the start of a name
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    All I can say is "Welcome to the club" :P. Although I did reach 101, I quit for like 6 or so months. I just login to waste time and generally looking at the old places I used to hang out in. If someone needs help, I try to help them...if i can.

It is hard to get into the groove but if you can find a good group of people, it should be easier.
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Ivala i feel you wholeheartedly. I believe the reason is that the staff does not care about the state of the game, and the imbalances, sales, class distributions, hypers, FCs, nirvys are turning this old wonderful game into a corrupt one. Nothing will be done about it, and that is a fact.

Best idea is to look for another nice mmorpg or something, and in the meantime retain all friends you have. I do not really enjoy playing PW anymore, and there are only a few aspects of the game still worth spending time with. Find your good friends, add them onto your email/facebook/whatever, and your time here in PWI dreamweaver server has not been wasted.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • mharris
    mharris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I myself am glad that some older players are trickling in, even if they don't stick around for whatever reason (mostly economical).

Unfortunately, when you are under level 100, it's harder. This is my 4th character that I've leveled past 80, and unless you can afford to buy fc heads (I can afford it, I just refuse to, which is why my sin's still 85 and my mystic's 93) or have lots of friends, it's as if the powerleveled general wants nothing to do with ya. TW? With rank 8 being the average these days, those who can't afford it struggle in survivability (seriously google spellcheck? That is not wrong!). So yes, if you come back after a year and notice the changes like so, you may not feel inclined to stay longer; which is understandable.

TW is what keeps me here anymore. That and friends and the sentimental value in rl behind it. I keep at it, even though I kinda have one foot out the door as it stands. That's what you have to (try and) do. There are many factions that wouldn't mind a level 80 archer. If you want to TW, there are some who still do that and take your level. Just gotta keep at it and have fun.

I also quit for awhile and started getting the emails from PWI come back miss you, I left for personal reasons my son was injured and I stayed at the trauma center with him. I came back and see that ppl are charging for partial runs in Frost City and gold has gone throught the roof. I have managed to lvl my main up to lvl 86 and my cleric to lvl 81. I now find that if I don't use one of the fishy classes or a seeker not to well accepted into anything bh's fb's or FC runs. I do remember Destini though tought me alot oh Dest my wizzy is up to lvl 76 and all tell me he is obsolete because of new races.

The main rule of the game no matter how crappy it's working have fun and enjoy the game!
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It sounds like you prefer/enjoy true old school MMORPG team leveling type play, not the pay someone else to do it version that PW has turned into.

The way it is now, you end up paying way more than what a top of the line subscription title costs to be where there are enough players you can team with. It makes no sense to me, to pay to skip content in order to get to endgame where all content is repetition. I don't care for PVP which seems to be the only real end-game attraction and the way PW is structured, you got to be end-game to avoid being one shot fodder in TW.

I think alot of old schoolers are still here, and it is hard in this new environment to find squads. In fact it takes longer to find squads than it does to do the instances now.

I am just biding my time waiting for two top of the line pay to play MMORPGs to go gold later this year. Why, because they will be new, and there will be no end gamers there trying to get the game changed to favor them over new players (at least yet.) Everyone will be new and there will be tons of people wanting to level up together.

Untill then you find many of us still haunting the platform or WC doing LFS posts for various instances.
    Just some guy