Scamming Web Sites

Options
Rajevon - Harshlands
Rajevon - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
in HL sever atm lot of ppl spaming scam website. they using some Bot call Auto Talk to spam msg automaticaly, each and every city u can see lot of spaming scam msgs. please GMs do some thing to this. lot of ppl get scram. you have to do some thins as soon as possible please.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Rajevon - Harshlands on

Comments

• Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    Rivi_V - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Its also in Heavens Tear
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
  • TwinDreams - Harshlands
    TwinDreams - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    No offence, but are there any GMs around? This thing needs control, really because:

- It irritates those in archosaur, messages get spammed away quickly, totally cant communicate under Normal Chat

- Adversely affect my catshop's business

- Those who want to find squad for their respective quests without using teles becomes impossible.

This terribly affects the gamers gameplay. I know GMs dont care about players. So here's some real reason why you must stop them:

- These people are creating lots of fake accounts just for this spam, overloading your server, making your job harder.

- If those websites were truly selling cheaper gold, then it means your company will have a harder time selling the more expensive gold. Your sales revenue will drop, hence your profit.

- If more people file complaints, then you got to spend more time sorting them out. If not, your players will be unhappy, no customer satisfaction, hence ur sales revenue will drop.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Another proof that GM`s don`t give a damn about the game if they cant eliminate the scam site spammers, also happening on sanctuary as I keep hearing from people. (have wc off, too much **** **** there usually)
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    @Twn:
    - If more people file complaints, then you got to spend more time sorting them out. If not, your players will be unhappy, no customer satisfaction, hence ur sales revenue will drop.

There has been people complaining since 2 years ago, yet they don't care, they have not cared and they will never care, its like that. Just BL the current bot i guess.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    in HL sever atm lot of ppl spaming scam website. they using some Bot call Auto Talk to spam msg automaticaly, each and every city u can see lot of spaming scam msgs. please GMs do some thing to this. lot of ppl get scram. you have to do some thins as soon as possible please.

Apparently, a lot of people are idiots.

Aside that however, the spam is pretty annoying....
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    On HT they are spamming around West Arch. I block them as soon as it comes on, but they get around that by changing names frequently.

So they must have lined up a bunch of alts specifically to do this.

Also, I'm pretty sure that GMs only work regular hours so the likelihood anyone with authority is around in the early morning/late night is zero.

The things that boggles my mind is why the do it? Is anyone really that stupid to risk that scam?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I am seeing this in common chat, which is pretty funny. 10m for 22 bucks really?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The things that boggles my mind is why the do it? Is anyone really that stupid to risk that scam?

Yes there is. Actually there are uite some people that will fall for this. Then they'll QQ here saying OMFGIGOTSCAMMEDPWISUCKSIWANTMYSTUFFBACKQQ.

Then we get to laugh at them for beeing stupid :P
  • PatrynRue - Sanctuary
    PatrynRue - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    - These people are creating lots of fake accounts just for this spam, overloading your server, making your job harder.

They are not all fake accounts, some are people who went to the site to get gold and ended up as '****' eg, they gave away their user name and password to the site and became new spammers.
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Just wanted to add that I just logged in and now I want to reach out and stab the morons responsible for the 2 bots alternating in west district right now and the GMs that choose to ignore it. Using one wasn't annoying enough because of the cooldown for repeating yourself, so they have two to ensure that our chat windows are filled with nothing except their messages. Same company that has already been mentioned in this thread.

We can blacklist these characters to make it stop for a little while, but it doesn't fix the fact that they will be back later with different ones.

Hello? Do GMs even exist?
  • Hitsuzen - Raging Tide
    Hitsuzen - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It's happening on Raging Tide too. :<

Got a screenie. http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/Aneurysmic/2011-10-0415-57-17.jpg
    It couldn't last. Everyone was just killing time. But if all they did was kill time, time would end up killing them.
  • Rajevon - Harshlands
    Rajevon - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    at Head Hunter lot of low lvl ppl try to find sqad in normal chat.. but sadly now thay cant do it scamers rush the chat........................

This is one of bot that working on PWI Dear GMs i really love this game please do some thing for this.. just imagine if all catshop use this fking bot wht happend to chat...............

you guys really can update PWI files to block this bot. i dnt knw banding all spammers is possible. but i just suggest please do some thing for this

we earn money in real life its very hard..... and we spend some money on this game... if we got scam we lost every over time money etc u guys really cant understand that feeling.

please be kind to do wht ever u can for this b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ziraia - Raging Tide
    Ziraia - Raging Tide Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    There's alot of ppl spamming about "buy gold at bla bla website" at Raging Tide server too. Please ban their IP or something x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Ziraia 101 Assassin ★
    ★ _Nari_ 100 Seeker ★
    ★ xBunneh 82 Veno ★
    ★ Zushie 77 Psychic ★
    ★ HerAssassin 73 sin ★
    ★ HisHealer 54 Cleric ★
  • TwinDreams - Harshlands
    TwinDreams - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    They are not all fake accounts, some are people who went to the site to get gold and ended up as '****' eg, they gave away their user name and password to the site and became new spammers.

Assuming what you say are true, and lots of people are blacklisting these spammers, that would be pretty sad for those **** accounts. This means even if (not that it ever will) they are restored, they remained blocked to a lot of people.

And btw... DO GM CARE OR NOT? Your customers were being ****, you are losing potential profits!! PROFITS!! Revenue - Expenses... We all know you dont care about the players, but we're here to save your company...
  • Ojji - Archosaur
    Ojji - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I saw gold spamming bots on arch.. but its difficult to believe players are stupid enough to go there, 22 usd for 10m... if they are stupid enough to even consider it, perhaps they got what they deserved.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Assuming what you say are true, and lots of people are blacklisting these spammers, that would be pretty sad for those **** accounts. This means even if (not that it ever will) they are restored, they remained blocked to a lot of people.

And btw... DO GM CARE OR NOT? Your customers were being ****, you are losing potential profits!! PROFITS!! Revenue - Expenses... We all know you dont care about the players, but we're here to save your company...

Well you know the only reason the spamming is continuing is that a few stupid people are falling for the scam. If there was no profit in it, it would stop.

Frankly, those people probably deserve to stay blacklisted. I really would not want to invite a person that dumb to a BH squad.

Also, all those QQ threads about people having their accounts **** or banned. I bet a large proportion of those people were people that went to these scam sites but refuse to admit it.
  • TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver
    TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    And then I went into squad chat, turned normal and world chat off, and continued on my business as usual.

Gonna be a ***** to try to find parties for my BH now though since I can't use world chat...
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Another wave of spammers b:infuriated I feel sorry for the people that had their accounts **** and are being used like this, but honestly they probably got **** after trying to use that gold seller's website so it's kind of their own fault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.