(Yes, one of these...)

2»

Comments

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    You may consider R8, WoCC as you mentioned and the questbelt (Guard of T.). If you can afford it the cube necklace & the lunar ring.
    http://pwcalc.com/6c5fcaefdfd9503b

This is what I'm looking at for my mystic.
    -chan is 34% for those of you who don't feel like counting it lol
    Sage/Demon Shell isn't in the calc yet. He'll be a Sage so his phys def will be closer to 3.9k

Any comments, changes I should make, and perhaps an over all PC?
    Please please PLEASE do not tell me to get r8 instead. I absolutely hate male Mystic r8 and would restat him to LA before I made him r8 :P

The cape and the ring are because I already have them from BH. If they go down as low as 40mil, I think I'll get a WoCC.

Just for the lulz, this is what I'd do with r9 and money :3
    http://pwcalc.com/aef0958b37031433
    You may consider learning2read or GTFOing. Tyvmb:pleased

Also, I compared the refines on TT90 gold protection belt and Puzzle Cube. There isn't much difference.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    TYPH~!!!!!! watup bro~!

u got a mystic too eh, geez great minds think alike.

a few things:

- i dislike beamhoof, if your gonna get based solely on looks go ahead, but the sage weapons are not worth it even the hitmans. if you have access to an aquadash i say stick with that till 95 and use either lunar gold or stick with it some more till tt99 (not gonna mention the "R" word...that precedes an 8)

-like everyone said phys def and HP are concern for endgame. my mystic will be using hand me downs from my psy and i don't think i will rep this toon up. i think neon purgatory would be a better post-aquadash goal. cube neck or sky demon or tt90 gold are okay. i personally think the jungle ruins belt is a great idea, especially if you are gonna be pk'ing.

-the lunar rings as stated previously are probably the best idea for non-rank rings besides farming up for a skycover(better refine).

-a pink lunar trophy can get you the 2x phys def robe, as a low-budget option.

-for some reason i just don't like cape of elite leather. i used a calm robe on my psy until i got my hands on a 45mil WOCC (b:victory) and my endgame prospect is towards making vana cape and helmet.

-theres nothing wrong with grinding oht and making tons of orna or w/e. you may even get a stratus of buddha with great stats. i made a 92 ring first try and got +8 mag and _6 chan so i'd say give it a try

-and because everyone else did, ........ you shuld go rank 8b:laughb:laughb:victory
  • My_Camry - Heavens Tear
    My_Camry - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Just out of curiosity:

Any suggestions of improvement on this? http://pwcalc.com/bd2163a04542337c

I already got everything except rank gear (I'm 99) and belt/necklace.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Just out of curiosity:

Any suggestions of improvement on this? http://pwcalc.com/bd2163a04542337c

I already got everything except rank gear (I'm 99) and belt/necklace.

Ditch the robe, get a WoCC or one of the better ones. Other than that, just refines and shards.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    TYPH~!!!!!! watup bro~!

u got a mystic too eh, geez great minds think alike.

a few things:

- i dislike beamhoof, if your gonna get based solely on looks go ahead, but the sage weapons are not worth it even the hitmans. if you have access to an aquadash i say stick with that till 95 and use either lunar gold or stick with it some more till tt99 (not gonna mention the "R" word...that precedes an 8)
    I'll be using a +5 2 perfect sapphire Sakyamuni's light until I can get my wife's Aquadash.
    -like everyone said phys def and HP are concern for endgame. my mystic will be using hand me downs from my psy and i don't think i will rep this toon up. i think neon purgatory would be a better post-aquadash goal. cube neck or sky demon or tt90 gold are okay. i personally think the jungle ruins belt is a great idea, especially if you are gonna be pk'ing.
    Yeah already gonna do Lunar phys def belt instead of TT99 ele belt.
    -the lunar rings as stated previously are probably the best idea for non-rank rings besides farming up for a skycover(better refine).

-a pink lunar trophy can get you the 2x phys def robe, as a low-budget option.

-for some reason i just don't like cape of elite leather. i used a calm robe on my psy until i got my hands on a 45mil WOCC (b:victory) and my endgame prospect is towards making vana cape and helmet.
    OMFG! Who did you buy it from? I'd so get one for that price >w<

-theres nothing wrong with grinding oht and making tons of orna or w/e. you may even get a stratus of buddha with great stats. i made a 92 ring first try and got +8 mag and _6 chan so i'd say give it a try
    Heya Gold~ ^^
    -and because everyone else did, ........ you shuld go rank 8b:laughb:laughb:victory
    -,.,- You suck big hairy mystic rez balls...
    ~Spazz~
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    why do lunar belt? the jungle ruins belt is essentially warsong with ability to use eye of observation, not to mention the refine bonus. the jungle belt should be a bit easier to farm as well, better than relying on lunar to drop mats for you at 3mil a run. also for placeholder use the OHT belts. guard of thundershock is apparently a VERY decent (and free) choice for belt. you know what you might also benefit from looking in the veno/psy forum as i view mystics and venos/psy on the same page when it comes to gearing. neither have to rely on -chan as much as other classes, leaving them with more options ornament-wise.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I need to put this thread on my favorites for later...lol.
  • Cacie - Sanctuary
    Cacie - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    You may consider learning2read or GTFOing. Tyvmb:pleased

Also, I compared the refines on TT90 gold protection belt and Puzzle Cube. There isn't much difference.

Well, it's your choice to exclude any option suggested because "you hate male mystic". You could try TT80 instead. It may be a good choice for you.. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    He's not gonna PK, so why would I need Eye of Observation...?
    I judged by it's level and thought Thundershock was Lunar...b:surrender
    It's free yes...as the reward of completing all 4 Chrono worlds... e_e
    ~Spazz~
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Well, it's your choice to exclude any option suggested because "you hate male mystic". You could try TT80 instead. It may be a good choice for you.. b:cute

You could try not glitching the game to 105? Or maybe just not being rude. If you find the OP's politely stated restraints in a game that he's playing for fun so objectionable, it wouldn't be hard not to post. Personally if I was a glitcher like you, I would avoid doing things to draw attention, much less animosity, with such needlessly insulting comments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Cacie - Sanctuary
    Cacie - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    You could try not glitching the game to 105? Or maybe just not being rude. If you find the OP's politely stated restraints in a game that he's playing for fun so objectionable, it wouldn't be hard not to post. Personally if I was a glitcher like you, I would avoid doing things to draw attention, much less animosity, with such needlessly insulting comments.

If you had a slight idea of the game you wouldn't throw accusations around that others glitch. Btw read up and you see who is rude. Good luck b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sachimi - Sanctuary
    Sachimi - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2011

hmm as I see it she just wanted to give help when she got a rude answer. i dun see any objection about playing for fun but about R8 gear
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    If you had a slight idea of the game you wouldn't throw accusations around that others glitch.
    5 months...105...no goons...not a sin...
    Not buying it.
    hmm as I see it she just wanted to give help when she got a rude answer. i dun see any objection about playing for fun but about R8 gear
    Suggesting something someone specifically asked not to be suggested to him is not helping.
    ~Spazz~
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    He stated in the first post quite clearly not to suggest R8, so her violation of that came first. I admit I'm being rude in turn, but I see no reason not to respond in kind to that comment, particularly to a poster who has so blatantly been abusing an exploit in the game. I have a very good idea of the game and that there is only one reasonable way you could've gotten there as a non-interval character. It was obviously with Oracles, right?

On topic, you were the one who clearly violated the request of the OP and decided to be rude when you were rightly rebuked for saying what you had been explicitly requested not to. Your expertise is in no way so valuable that you should feel compelled to post advice that is in unambiguous contradiction to the request of the OP.
    Please please PLEASE do not tell me to get r8 instead.

That is neither unclear nor rude, and I would feel quite insulted if I had asked that in a game, in which a person's choices need not reflect technical superiority if that superiority would not bring enjoyment, and so many people had blatantly disregarded it. Having something that is technically superior is not a matter of life and death in any real way, and so there are absolutely no grounds for trying to tell the OP to do something he doesn't want to. You can make your own character however you like it, but when offering advice to someone else, have enough humility to realize what you prefer isn't really important, but rather that the objective of the thread is to get your opinion within the context of what he wants. If your opinion is so firmly against that context that you cannot conform it to fit, you save everyone involved a lot of stress by simply not volunteering it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Marista, your grammar and vocabulary astonish me. If I weren't taken, I would ask you to marry me in a heartbeat :3
    ~Spazz~
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If you had a slight idea of the game you wouldn't throw accusations around that others glitch. Btw read up and you see who is rude. Good luck b:bye

As much as y0u try t0 unintentionally deny y0ur g00ning t0 105 the time span y0u achieved y0urs makes it pretty 0bvious. N0t that I care ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Hey dude, long time no see :D
    ~Spazz~
  • Salasyn - Heavens Tear
    Salasyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I would say gimping yourself because of looks is stupid, but I often do that as well.b:avoid

My aim is actually first cast TT nirvana weapon, robe, pants and sleeves,Ence's Scar and Dancing Sparkle. Cube neck and warsong belt, wings of cloudcharger and then 2x lunar rings.

Already got most of it just need the nirvana stuff, lunar rings and necklace.

I actually chose the TT nirvana armor over Lunar because I prefer the look of it.

I would actually get Sinrabansho over the Rank 6 Beamhoof slicer because it has more magic attack and crit. It also costs around the same or even less then beamhoof slicer.

TBH most of my armor and weapon preference is based on looks/price, also what would work on my veno/wiz/cleric if I ever get round to leveling the cleric/wiz to 100.

Although I am unsure whether to get the nirvana wand/glaive/sword.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fap - Lothranis
    Fap - Lothranis Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Just for the lulz, this is what I'd do with r9 and money :3
    http://pwcalc.com/aef0958b37031433

Doing it completely wrong. b:chuckle