Bring refine transfer here? Share ur thoughts!

Comments

• RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    RawrzWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Refining transfer....

Whats the point?

Unless I'm mistaken, You can only transfer a weapon's refinement to a lower leveled weapon
    Again I ask, Whats the point?

I Have TT80 axes +5 and I want to transfer the refine to my TT90 axes.

Cannot be done. TT90 is Higher lvl than TT80. (obviously)
    I mean, Why would you want to make stronger weapons weaker, Just to make weaker weapons stronger?

Yep, So I say theres no point in Refining transfer. =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesus - Dreamweaver
    Jesus - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Refining transfer....

Whats the point?

Unless I'm mistaken, You can only transfer a weapon's refinement to a lower leveled weapon
    Again I ask, Whats the point?

I Have TT80 axes +5 and I want to transfer the refine to my TT90 axes.

Cannot be done. TT90 is Higher lvl than TT80. (obviously)
    I mean, Why would you want to make stronger weapons weaker, Just to make weaker weapons stronger?

Yep, So I say theres no point in Refining transfer. =/

Go to the refine transfer guy and read the requirements of transfer again. Nowhere does it say that you can't transfer a refinement of a lower level weapon to a higher one.
    This used to work in the past. The catch is, you can only transfer the refine to a lower level weapon. Example, if you have a lvl 12 refined to +8, you can only transfer that +8 to a lvl 11 or lower weapon.

The part I can't remember if it was to a lower level and -1 on the refine...translated lvl 12 refined to +8, you can only transfer the refine to a lvl 11 or lower and to a +7.

The one i'm 100% positive is transfer refines to a lower lvl weapon. I've done this once around when Harshlands first was introduced.

How is that possible? It was never released in PWI. I read the guide on those stones on the Chinese pw site. Item level doesn't matter. What matters is that the original refined item must have a higher refinement level than the item that's getting the refinements transferred onto. They did not mention anything about lowering the refinement level when you do use the stone. Also, it's expensive to use those stones because the higher the refinement is, the more stones are required to do the transfer.
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    RawrzWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Go to the refine transfer guy and read the requirements of transfer again. Nowhere does it say that you can't transfer a refinement of a lower level weapon to a higher one.

Hmm, well I did only read that thing once. And that was quite a while ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LinterWing - Lost City
    LinterWing - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This used to work in the past. The catch is, you can only transfer the refine to a lower level weapon. Example, if you have a lvl 12 refined to +8, you can only transfer that +8 to a lvl 11 or lower weapon.

The part I can't remember if it was to a lower level and -1 on the refine...translated lvl 12 refined to +8, you can only transfer the refine to a lvl 11 or lower and to a +7.

The one i'm 100% positive is transfer refines to a lower lvl weapon. I've done this once around when Harshlands first was introduced.

Where do you get the information from? This is incorrect.

There are 3 requirements for refine transfer.

1. you can't transfer lower refine to higher refine in case you put the wrong side(ex:you can't use +4 -> +7)

2. autobound gears/weps refine can only transfer into the autobound gears/wep(ex:you can't use HH90 green chest+4 -> HH99 gold chest+0)

3. if the gears/weps don't have autobound, you can refine transfer into any gears/weps as long as it fits into 1st requirement

You have to buy transfer refine stone from Boutique.
    +1 needs 1 stone
    +2 needs 5 stone
    +3 needs 12 stone
    +4 needs 28 stone
    +5 needs 60 stone
    +6 needs 80 stone
    +7 needs 100 stone
    +8 needs 150 stone
    +9 needs 250 stone
    +10 needs 400 stone
    +11 needs 650 stone
    +12 needs 1000 stone

Let's assume 1 stone cost 50 silver($.50)
    transfer refine +6 will cost $40
    transfer refine +7 will cost $50
    transfer refine +8 will cost $75

It will make more players want to buy orb because they think transfer refine is cheap, yet they realize they spend +8 dragon orb and $75 for a +8 gears/weps already
  • ArchAngel - Dreamweaver
    ArchAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Why the need for this poll? Isn't transfer stones one of the features in the new expansion? It was stated clearly in the official preview that refine levels/sockets can be retained via the use of boutique items(transfer stones). I am still waiting for an explanation from the GMs why it was not implemented in PWI. Thank you.
  • Mesro - Heavens Tear
    Mesro - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I've been playing PWI since September 10, 2011 and I would like to know: how do I remove a refinement from a weapon so I can use it on something else in the future? Or is that even possible? I mean, I have a Twilight Forged Soulsphere and would like to remove the refinement I put on it so I can put it on the lvl 100 Twilight Forge Soulsphere when I get to lvl 100 and can get that one.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    mother of all necros...

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Inb4close4necro b:victory
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    +1 in the necro thread.
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Leave Mesro alone!!!

Don't you know that Mesro is just practicing for the new class, Necromancer?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I will change the thread title to clarify, but the people saying these have never been released are correct, so there is no way to bring them "back" when
    they have never been hereb:victory

I thought you used an ungoldy amount of cheiken stones. in fact i can go to the boutique agent and transfer refine level and I can do it with vana gear, so how is it that t never existed when i can go do it right now? is it not on PVP server just PVE?
  • truekossy
    edited October 2011
    doods00 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm a complete and utter imbecile who's decided to quote a GM post from almost a full two years ago while pretending that it is relevant today when times have changed drastically and anyone with an IQ higher than that of a doorknob or (un)common sense would realize this. Please get me a way to achieve a Darwin Award so I can do humanity a favor.

Give yourself a pat on the back. You've earned it.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Spoons b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    While I would love to see refinement transfers available ingame, Im sure that the cost put on them by PWI would be so astronomical that it wont be worth it for the average player.
    They dont seem to understand that lots of small purchases make the same amount of money as one huge costly purchase. And affordable prices increase the number of people that can afford to buy therefore probably actually increasing the amount of cash brought in.

What am I thinking, PWI isnt interested in common sense marketing.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This is too easy

+1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Merenth - Archosaur
    Merenth - Archosaur Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    While I would love to see refinement transfers available ingame, Im sure that the cost put on them by PWI would be so astronomical that it wont be worth it for the average player.
    They dont seem to understand that lots of small purchases make the same amount of money as one huge costly purchase. And affordable prices increase the number of people that can afford to buy therefore probably actually increasing the amount of cash brought in.

I seriously hope you are more than a power leveled noob. You do realize this was implemented, right? What do you think chienkun stones are for. Mods please close this bad attempt of a necro troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. - Socrates
  • Merenth - Archosaur
    Merenth - Archosaur Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2011

removed double post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. - Socrates
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    What an utterly awesome and insightful necro. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Woa the first reply to this thread was from a GM?

Ohh wait nevermind necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • HeIIRaizer - Sanctuary
    HeIIRaizer - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If PWI ever actually did this, that would mean they actually listen to players about something, which would mean someone has divided by zero and the world is about to cave in on itself.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    is a coincidence that all the recent necros are done by oblivious sins??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Mage - Raging Tide
    Divine_Mage - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    In before close :D
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I've been playing PWI since September 10, 2011 and I would like to know: how do I remove a refinement from a weapon so I can use it on something else in the future? Or is that even possible? I mean, I have a Twilight Forged Soulsphere and would like to remove the refinement I put on it so I can put it on the lvl 100 Twilight Forge Soulsphere when I get to lvl 100 and can get that one.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    NECROMANCER X.X b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • truekossy
    edited October 2011
    is a coincidence that all the recent necros are done by oblivious sins??

Nope!
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    +1 for the post count gotta love those necros
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salasyn - Heavens Tear
    Salasyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Paddin' mah postcount.b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Woa the first reply to this thread was from a GM?

Ohh wait nevermind necro.

The first thing I noticed was that Spoons didn't just super move it to the right place, he was content on allowing a suggestion but at the same time let em know it needed to have results complied there too. Ahh, when the GMs actually used/utilized the suggestion box. Necrotastic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Thehate - Heavens Tear
    Thehate - Heavens Tear Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This is just an example of search function well used. Wtf are you guys complaining?
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Necro! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Regardless of a necro, anyone notice how this topic just is the symbolism of how PWI has gone down the drain with time?

Look at the first couple of posts. Spoons actually asked a forum user if he would mind if he moved his topic and then he decided not to move it regardless for the fact that he was completely allowed to and had perfectly good reasoning to do so.
    Nowadays they will close your topic, move it, delete it. Ban you for it and then deny anything happened. :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
This discussion has been closed.