So I must be dumb

Options
NiightmareXz - Harshlands
NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
I never did cube of fate. ever. like maybe once. I like to run through there for free teles to arch.
Anyway, i made a veno recently and i need to level her ground pet. Everyone says to go to cube of fate to level it. The only problem is everyone I asked doesn't know what room to go to, and after looking through the veno guides, they all just seem to avoid the answer.
Well after some questioning, I believe it's room 4 of the cube. But my next question is, if i'm right, how do i get to it? I know how to get cube started, but I always get dies that aren't for room 4. ._. The die trading things in the starter room don't seem to work (or i'm doing it wayyyy wrong). So wtf? Someone enlighten me. b:surrender
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
Post edited by NiightmareXz - Harshlands on

Comments

• Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Fail rooms on purpose (this will send you back to room 1) until you get the correct die to get to room 4. This can sometimes take a while, and be very irritating (all my non-venos have no problem getting to room 4, of course b:cry). Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Fail rooms on purpose (this will send you back to room 1) until you get the correct die to get to room 4. This can sometimes take a while, and be very irritating (all my non-venos have no problem getting to room 4, of course b:cry). Good luck!

Thank you. o.o I was doing that til I got room 5 die. :/ then i just forcelogged and searched forums. haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ****ing laggy *** laptop made me get the fourth post, I saw this thread before anyone had even replied! **** you laptop!
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Fail whatever room you land in, it'll teleport you back to room 1 and you can try again.

GO FAIL SOMEWHERE ELSE. You never got on HL b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    GO FAIL SOMEWHERE ELSE. You never got on HL b:cry

Actually I got on twice, both times I whispered both of your characters to make sure you were on, you weren't.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thank you. o.o I was doing that til I got room 5 die. :/ then i just forcelogged and searched forums. haha

If you're talking about the room where you have to kill the monster before the NPC will spawn, you can town portal out of there to get back to room 1, if your town portal isn't on cooldown. If you're in combat with it it will usually interrupt the cast, so run to a far corner, force log out, then log back in and town portal. That usually works for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    As far as I can tell, the die trading things are completely useless.
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yes you must be.
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    As far as I can tell, the die trading things are completely useless.

They're useful if you die while in the Cube.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I never did cube of fate. ever. like maybe once. I like to run through there for free teles to arch.
    Anyway, i made a veno recently and i need to level her ground pet. Everyone says to go to cube of fate to level it. The only problem is everyone I asked doesn't know what room to go to, and after looking through the veno guides, they all just seem to avoid the answer.
    Well after some questioning, I believe it's room 4 of the cube. But my next question is, if i'm right, how do i get to it? I know how to get cube started, but I always get dies that aren't for room 4. ._. The die trading things in the starter room don't seem to work (or i'm doing it wayyyy wrong). So wtf? Someone enlighten me. b:surrender

I did a step by step beginners guide for this a long time ago here is the link.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=292752
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If your gunna spend some time in there, dont forget - take off all gear and weapon to avoid repair bills

just alternate sending your pet after one mob and attack and kill another mob with venomous scarab at the same time, although boring as hell, you can get into quite a rhythm

if you arent already in there, hatch all the pets you want to level to save going in and out

you might also get told to take a bow/crossbow in there - dont bother, its no easier than using v/scarab
    edited October 2011
    Options
    yes you must be.
    Thank you. b:cute
    I did a step by step beginners guide for this a long time ago here is the link.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=292752
    OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH. I searched the forums up and down and i didn't even see this guide. Thank you. <3
    If your gunna spend some time in there, dont forget - take off all gear and weapon to avoid repair bills

just alternate sending your pet after one mob and attack and kill another mob with venomous scarab at the same time, although boring as hell, you can get into quite a rhythm

if you arent already in there, hatch all the pets you want to level to save going in and out

you might also get told to take a bow/crossbow in there - dont bother, its no easier than using v/scarab

Thanks Merc. :3

@Zannie, for some reason it didn't quote you. o.o But did you make sure you spelled my veno's name right? ;/ It's in my siggie. But i'm not getting on for a bit, my mum is using the computer to calculate her mail route count. o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    Havilah - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    You also got the option of hitting them in melee in fox form, switching to next one next while your pet is in defense, work if you're extra bored. b:chuckle

And then, there is the good old way of gathering and aoeing, best done if no competion of course or very little of it and you stay in your area and they don't mind.

The suggested bow is mostly for faster killing, but you can always do tab hit 1 time, miss, mob come at you, mob hit you, pet in defense one shot mob and all that while you have tabbed shot a few more mobs. Better done when only wearing the bow and simply use your regen spell when you hit half hp. Just be sure to invest in a lifetime of arrow or borrow from your archer said lifetime of arrow.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    leveling in cube is absolutely mind-numbing and counter productive. no drops, no character xp. pets gain xp from mobs based on the pets level in relation to the mobs level and how full the pet is.

pet xp gain has nothing to do with the veno's level.

there are better and faster places to level your pet unless both you and your pet are in the mid-50s to low 60s, but even then you would do better for yourself to grind on regular mobs.

pet 20s to low 30s long legged toxicons by the circle of trees east of silver pool.
    30s to mid 40s bon variants by angelers village, there is a little peninsula were 8 spawn very close togeather
    40-50s distant dustwraiths near sundown
    low to mid 70s seaweed theives east of sannctuary
    high 70s pirate chiefs in nightscream island
    80s cugars/adawolves east of sirry wine camp
    mid 80s the wolfs in burning heart
    low 90s nivastock shieldbearers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The person might have been lying to me, but a veno once told me that at high level, eveything will give 6 xp or so to your pet. if that's the case, why go after lvl 90 mobs when tombstones in cube die in 1 hit ?
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    Havilah - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If the pet is lv95 and you're grinding on the lv93 nivastock shieldbearer, of course you're not getting the full exp. You need mob the lv of the pet or above for it to gain 15 if he is fully loyal or less if he is under 500 iirc.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Thank you. b:cute

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH. I searched the forums up and down and i didn't even see this guide. Thank you. <3

Thanks Merc. :3

@Zannie, for some reason it didn't quote you. o.o But did you make sure you spelled my veno's name right? ;/ It's in my siggie. But i'm not getting on for a bit, my mum is using the computer to calculate her mail route count. o.o

Yeah, I did, and I even tried both names with and without caps b:surrender
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    leveling in cube is absolutely mind-numbing and counter productive. no drops, no character xp. pets gain xp from mobs based on the pets level in relation to the mobs level and how full the pet is.

pet xp gain has nothing to do with the veno's level.

there are better and faster places to level your pet unless both you and your pet are in the mid-50s to low 60s, but even then you would do better for yourself to grind on regular mobs.

Ok My veno's 90..... so.... ARE YOU INSANE? granted u prolyl have a herc, and not many other pets. And yes u can grind mobs for actual drops, but if u honestly think u can grind reg mobs faster then ONE shotting friggin tombstones and fully lvl a high pet for the next lvl in like 10 minutes..... you're a numbskull.

pet 20s to low 30s long legged toxicons by the circle of trees east of silver pool.
    30s to mid 40s bon variants by angelers village, there is a little peninsula were 8 spawn very close togeather
    40-50s distant dustwraiths near sundown
    low to mid 70s seaweed theives east of sannctuary
    high 70s pirate chiefs in nightscream island
    80s cugars/adawolves east of sirry wine camp
    mid 80s the wolfs in burning heart
    low 90s nivastock shieldbearers.

You also got the option of hitting them in melee in fox form, switching to next one next while your pet is in defense, work if you're extra bored. b:chuckle

And then, there is the good old way of gathering and aoeing, best done if no competion of course or very little of it and you stay in your area and they don't mind.

ya... u can aoe some that're already close together but um.... since they get one shot by either u or the pet and they dont' aggro..... unles you're blowing a **** ton of genie energy and spamming zeal lure for awhile just to gather a few..... how the hell do u GATHER a bunch to aoe them? lmao

Edit: well... tanlging mire.... maybe....... idk

The suggested bow is mostly for faster killing, but you can always do tab hit 1 time, miss, mob come at you, mob hit you, pet in defense one shot mob and all that while you have tabbed shot a few more mobs. Better done when only wearing the bow and simply use your regen spell when you hit half hp. Just be sure to invest in a lifetime of arrow or borrow from your archer said lifetime of arrow.

10/char
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

if dumb and dumber is smart and smarter. and if u are dumbest and i am smartest. and if trolls are ogre and ogre are dwarfs. then if fcc is lvl 85+ and lunar is lvl 95+. but if cube is 7 die and u roll a 9. so basically in new years is january 2nd or is it?
  • BlissherFX - Harshlands
    BlissherFX - Harshlands Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hey Xin :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    Options
    if dumb and dumber is smart and smarter. and if u are dumbest and i am smartest. and if trolls are ogre and ogre are dwarfs. then if fcc is lvl 85+ and lunar is lvl 95+. but if cube is 7 die and u roll a 9. so basically in new years is january 2nd or is it?

Yes
    Hey Xin :P

Hi bliss :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I agree it's mind-numbing, but it's certainly not counter-productive.

The Ancient Dooms are level 150, they're tightly packed, they're harmless, and they can be 1-hit.

All of those factors mean they are by far the fastest way for Venos to level their ground pets.

If it's not your method of choice, then I fully understand, but don't mislead people and tell them "there are better and faster places to level your pet". That's simply false.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited October 2011
    Options

The Ancient Dooms are level 150, they're tightly packed, they're harmless, and they can be 1-hit.

All of those factors mean they are by far the fastest way for Venos to level their ground pets.

If it's not your method of choice, then I fully understand, but don't mislead people and tell them "there are better and faster places to level your pet". That's simply false.

I have to agree with Warren here... if it wasn't for me losing my bird, which means i'm not playing a lot (usually just at night when she'd be sleeping), i'd have my pet leveled up to my veno's level by now. Before disaster struck, I got the pet from 30 to 47 within a lil over an hour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Mind-numbing? Do people actually sit and look at the screen while doing this? D:D:D:

Go window mode, shrink the window down tiny, put on a movie/show in another window. Make sure PWI's tiny window is in the foregorund. Watch movie and Tab - hotkey veno atk, tab - hotkey pet atk. Veno and pet attack different mobs and you don't have to stare at it D:
  • lissajane
    lissajane Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Eveeryone told me to use the Cube when I wanted to lvl my herc but after wasting 2 to 3 hours in there trying to get the right room i just gave up and grinded on mobs.

I'd already got the herc to abot lvl 40 anyway so i then concentrated on the 50+ mobs near
    Tusk - it was a breeze and as there was 2x active too I picked up loads of drops to sell.

Once I'd got to 50ish i moved on to Huggy Hares near Sanctuary, and Herc is in his 60s now.

All in all it hasnt taken long at all and I've earnt coins at the same time :)

So if I was you - forget the Cube!