what is wrong with you fail gm's?

prof
prof Posts: 1,111
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
my ep gets unbanned after being falsely banned for a stupid made-up reason(banned region, i'm american), and then gets banned again, for the same reason in less than 12 hours?

..really?

are you really this ****ing stupid?

wtb> gm's with a brain.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Lawl. b:chuckle
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Did you reset your password after this happened, or did you just leave your account and computer in the same compromised position? Because the only way I can imagine it happening again if someone still has your account info and has also been waiting for the ban to lift. Also bans are not to be discussed on the fourms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Stop using a fake ip address b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Adromada - Raging Tide
    Adromada - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Did you reset your password after this happened, or did you just leave your account and computer in the same compromised position? Because the only way I can imagine it happening again if someone still has your account info and has also been waiting for the ban to lift. Also bans are not to be discussed on the fourms.

Maybe you should read the question properly, he said it gets banned because his IP is in a banned region (clearly its not though), you cant **** someones account from a banned region or country because THERE BANNED COUNTRYS, and plus if this did happen and he was **** then the email he got would say that he **** not because he is in a banned region.
    The universe is made of Twelve particles of matter, Four forces of nature, The world is a dynamic mess Of Jiggling things.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    prof wrote: »

..really?

are you really this ****ing stupid?

wtb> gm's with a brain.

charming as always

being escorian
    i like potato
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited October 2011

This ^^

Easy to do. VPN, etc....appear from a banned region.

They will auto-ban you.
    edited October 2011
    Maybe you should read the question properly, he said it gets banned because his IP is in a banned region (clearly its not though), you cant **** someones account from a banned region or country because THERE BANNED COUNTRYS, and plus if this did happen and he was **** then the email he got would say that he **** not because he is in a banned region.

From what I understand, someone in some country got a hold of a bunch of people's passwords off of some gaming site and have been using ips from that area to login into people's accounts. They also didn't tell people that, that was the main reason their accounts were changed was because of that, resulting in a lot of raging in the forum posts. So it's possible that the two are related, especially since a bunch of people since that post have made posts claiming they were banned for the same reason. Considering he had been banned and then unbanned for a while, I'd assume they would have said something like "You can't use a vpn" to him when they lifted the ban. Which leads me to believe one thing over the other. This is not his first post on this. Perhaps you should get to know the whole reason behind something someone posts instead of assuming people can't read. Oh, and btw they are a lot of people on this forum whose first language is not English, and caps-locking much like screaming, isn't going to help their reading comprehension. Anyway, whoever **** in may not have access to his email and thus not know they are region banned. I find this unlikely, but if you are banned for logging in using a certain method, why would you turn around and use the same method? It makes way more sense to me that whoever took all those passwords and usernames from peoples accounts might be selling them, especially considering the number of people who have had this problem over the last couple of days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • prof
    edited October 2011
    are you still trying to tell me someone **** my ep? really? lol

that "last login ip" that pops up is always mine.

ohio is not a banned region, pwi; stop pretending it is

edit:
    if, previously, my account was accessed from a banned region, why was it unbanned?
    edited October 2011

edit:
    if, previously, my account was accessed from a banned region, why was it unbanned?

Because you submitted a ticket? Anyway, if the last login ip is always yours then I'm guessing you really are just ignoring what they tell you when they unban you. Sorry for give you and the other guy the benefit of the doubt. I'd rather treat people like they are smarter, and nicer than assume they are being dumb. As others have told you, don't use proxys or vpns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • prof
    edited October 2011
    i can assure you, i'm not behind a proxy or a vpn lol

they didn't actually tell me anything, either; automated reply.
    edited October 2011
    i can assure you, i'm not behind a proxy or a vpn lol

they didn't actually tell me anything, either; automated reply.

Check your email, and if necessary send them an email. Nothing anyone can do for you here, which is why this topic will be closed anyway. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    he JUST said automated b.s. reply and u tell him to go read it again? apparently he's CHECKED his email lol

Edit: Find that thread with their offices contact info and call the dips... spam their phone lines lol
    edited October 2011
    he JUST said automated b.s. reply and u tell him to go read it again? apparently he's CHECKED his email lol

Edit: Find that thread with their offices contact info and call the dips... spam their phone lines lol

I've gotten automatic bs replies at first, and then find followed up replies in my spam folder before. The first reply you get is always automatic bs replies. At the very least he can reject the solution and keep rejecting it until he gets a better answer. Spamming their phone lines probably won't help. :P That thread is like corporate offices of the main guys in China, they probably would have no clue why he was banned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    pretty sure the California offices were in that list somewhere
    edited October 2011
    pretty sure the California offices were in that list somewhere

Maybe, I really don't remember. I gave up after Shelly never got us a Chinese version of the letter. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    iodnt' even remember which damn thread it was in now lmao
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    IF you actually didnt do anything wrong AND
    IF the people handling the tickets dont know what they are doing
    (both distinct possibilities)

THEN tell them to white-list (white list being the opposite of black-list) your IP address so whatever automated security system they have wont automatically bad you when it finds it in a sweep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    edited October 2011
    that can't be the issue though, as none of my other several accounts are banned; just this one.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Ohio is in the USA?
  • prof
    edited October 2011
    is that a serious question?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio
    edited October 2011
    ...so it's part of an island in Singapore?
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited October 2011

edit:

No, but it does have an awesomeness threshold. I just got my daggers to +11, and you got banned. There is no coincidence, only the illusion of coincidence.
  • prof
    edited October 2011
    ...so it's part of an island in Singapore?

are you serious..? i guess i shouldn't expect any better.. after all the bs you spew in the mage forum, i guess i shouldn't expect you to know a map.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/58/Ohio_in_United_States.svg/800px-Ohio_in_United_States.svg.png

"Ohio in the United States". it says it twice in the ******ned image url.
    edited October 2011
    ...so it's part of Malaysia?
  • SilentBFox - Sanctuary
    SilentBFox - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ...so it's part of Malaysia?

lolz trolling...b:chuckle
  • prof
    edited October 2011
    yes, obviously america is a stone throw away from malaysia. it's so close, that it's actually inside america. thank you for figuring out blues clues, sir.
  • prof
    edited October 2011
    wtb actual gm response to this stupidity before some forum **** closes my thread plx
  • Adromada - Raging Tide
    Adromada - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Because you submitted a ticket? Anyway, if the last login ip is always yours then I'm guessing you really are just ignoring what they tell you when they unban you. Sorry for give you and the other guy the benefit of the doubt. I'd rather treat people like they are smarter, and nicer than assume they are being dumb. As others have told you, don't use proxys or vpns.

There's no such thing as dumb, Only a lack of understanding and knowledge, to assume someone is being dumb or is dumb is the result of people like you who would rather A: make story's up to sound better than they are, B: because you choose to ignore actual questions or C: because people are to impatient to teach the people that lack the fragments of missing or confusing knowledge, and go of in there own little world, perhaps we are dumb as assuming generally is saying just not out loud, instead of correcting our statements maybe you should help us understand the situation not by guessing but by experimenting and giving us 100% sound proof,

ok given that this topic is about bans and is not allowed on the forums ill not continue this argument any further, but for future reference don't guess and if you know the answer explain it in detail for the person learning. and i too am being nice about it.
    The universe is made of Twelve particles of matter, Four forces of nature, The world is a dynamic mess Of Jiggling things.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Ever heard of proxy?

Anyway, bans are not to be discussed on the forums. Please email: customerservice@perfectworldinc.com and work to resolve this issue. Also you should request that they check if your account was accessed from a different country/banned region which will also mean you were possibly ****.
This discussion has been closed.