New to this game, would like to meet some cool people

baraacata
baraacata Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hey guys, it's Baraacata here. I'm an experienced MMO player for about 11 years now. I was looking into this game because I got bored with all the others I have played over the years. I have heard nothing but good reviews on this game, and the developers. I'm a stickler for a game with a friendly playerbase and was wanting to know, while I downloaded this game, if anyone wanted to post a name and server to introduce me into what I hope for is a pleasant long term gaming experience =D
Post edited by baraacata on

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    baraacata wrote: »
    I'm an experienced MMO player for about 11 years
    I have heard nothing but good reviews on this game, and the developers.

Are you sure ?
    baraacata wrote: »
    I hope for is a pleasant long term gaming experience =D

PW International citizen like to use Fc glitch for rapid lv up to 100. b:surrender
    After that charge zen (cash) or overtime in game trading to buy reputation sale and get rank 9 equipment.
    There a build called 5 aps (5 attack / seconds, this build can be used by most physical class)
    5 aps deal a lot more over time damage than a heavy hitter magical class.
    AssAssIn class with 5 aps can solo instances nicely and they also get various powerful skills.

If you fine with all of those, then welcome to PWI. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • baraacata
    edited September 2011
    I by no means complain about working to get the best equipment, as for the "hearing the game was good..staff yadayada" I heard from some hardcore fanboys...so I should of looked into that more thoroughly. But I love playing all sorts of classes, however, I usually do a mage, or similar ranged class....but prefer a close "I SMASH SKULLZ" approach to pvp b:victory
    BUT the selling factor for ANY game for me is to be able to make friends easily, not normally a problem for me, but if I play an mmo communication with other real life players is a must. Ill do some searching on the specs you said because I have no idea what they mean b:sad
    But thank you for actually takeing the time to comment =D
  • jaanyoo
    jaanyoo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    PW is still a nice game (depsite all the jaded older players), a good variety of classes to choose from, so you may spend a good while experimenting there, untill you find a class that suits you best.

Alot of grind quests at lower lvls (kill X amount of monsters) which alot of people find boring, but its part of a good mmoRPG in my opinion. ( I still do a few grind quests each week on different characters, even after playing this game for 3 years)

Leveling becomes easier at lvl 40, with the Bounty Hunter quests. The hardest part can be finding groups to do that quest, but its not impossible.

The game has good instanced dungeons, which can prove somewhat challenging if not "goldy geared".

I cannot speak for the pvp aspect, except to say that it's going to be hard if you are not fast learner as to how to make lots of gold ingame, or ready to spend some real life money.

My advice, find a class that suits you, level your character a bit and then find a friendly faction (guild) and you will enjoy this game for a good while.
    (also check forums often for advice on character builds, how to make money, theres quests guides too :)

Welcome to Perfect World and Have fun!
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    bahahahz

long story short, game is broken/dead, community is in it for themselves, there are next to no new players joining the game so meeting friends that are willing to help is very slim.

My advice is to not waste your time and look for some new mmo like most of the people that are stuck here. Until management starts listening to the playerbase and somehow try to return the game back to what it used to be, I would never bring this game to anyone's attention.

It would be different if they were trying to better the game, but it's obvious they are milking the wallets of the loyal people that still play this game, and they've been doing so for 2 years.

all this is said coming from the most active pvp server, as it sounds u are interested in pvp, if pve is your thing, you might have fun but as far as pvp and pvp servers are concerned.. it's a joke compared to the activity lost city once was.

You may have fun the first 50-60 lvls or so liek I did, but after that the game turned boring and now I regret ever playing this game due to how poorly we are treated. Unfortunately im addicted and only hang around to chat with what's left of the friends that haven't quit "yet".
  • baraacata
    edited September 2011
    With my mmo experience I have played many games with neglected players...I never "dis" a game until I try it...so if your willing I can be one of the few newer players to your server, and hell who knows, if they fix the problems your saying I have a feeling I will enjoy it even more. b:pleased
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Your best bet is to try the game yourself :)

Don't listen to the people on forums, most of them will tell you game's dead, game's broken, all that negative ****. And yet they still play and spend b:chuckle It's nonsense but I guess people enjoy trolling and seeking attention this way...

Just enjoy the game, the ingame people are much more social and friendly. And there's so much stuff to do you won't get bored anytime soon. PWI is fun b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Dedz - Raging Tide
    Dedz - Raging Tide Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you plan to just have fun and level casually, then by all means try this game out. I've seen more fun games but trust me, Perfect World does a really good job relieving stress from real life.

HOWEVER:
    If you plan to be a hardcore player, the best of the best, kill everyone, merchant or cash shop everything, then by all means QUIT while you are still ahead. The time and money you'll spend in this game to pwn everything that moves is not worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You will never catch me. But if you do, someone else will take my place. b:chuckle
  • Biatch_ - Harshlands
    Biatch_ - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Don't listen to the people on forums, most of them will tell you game's dead, game's broken, all that negative ****. And yet they still play and spend b:chuckle It's nonsense but I guess people enjoy trolling and seeking attention this way...

Just enjoy the game, the ingame people are much more social and friendly. And there's so much stuff to do you won't get bored anytime soon. PWI is fun b:cute

agreedb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanx Jean for the siggib:kiss
  • TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver
    TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The thing is, PW is a really fun game to just play casually, kill some stuff, hang out with your faction, and just enjoy yourself. If you try to take the game seriously as many of the people who have sunk loads of real money into this game tend to do, of course it's going to suck the fun out of it.

Also as for your classes, the bashing skulls in pvp would probably be either seeker or bm, or if you want to be despised by everyone in pvp you could go assassin. Your magic/ranged class I would suggest a cleric or mystic, as those tend to be both wanted in parties and fairly good at soloing mobs

Hope you have fun ^_^
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited September 2011

I hardly see why pointing out the many flaws in the game trolling but w/e. I already explained why I still play, the only thing keeping me here is some friends, once they quit too i'll be long gone.

Idk how it is on harshlands but I can only assume the pvp is even more dead there than here. If the OP is into pvp and isn't willing to spend thousands on the game I doubt he will have a good time. For pvp it's either rush to level 101, get rank 9, refine, pew pew and get bored.

The forums is a place that the community can express their opinions, and most of us are concerned on where the game is heading and are trying to raise awareness in hope that one day pwi wakes up and gets their act together. The only people I dont see complaining are people who either haven't reached end game, or didn't play the game back when it was fun, or pve people.
  • Protarius - Archosaur
    Protarius - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Dont mind the bad comments of the game.

This game is fun, and will keep you entretain for a long while. Sure, if you want to go into a pvp server, you havent have much choice than to spend real money to fight as an equal, but if you choose a pve server, you dont need to use real money to have a great time.

You will find friends and will always have things to do, so for all means give PW a chance, you will like what you find.

Have fun!