Experience Nerf question

Options
CareBearSin - Harshlands
CareBearSin - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
People seem to think that having a low lvl in a squad will hurt there Experience. From what i read in pwi wiki looks to me that the only one's experience that gets nerfed in that situation is the low lvl person's. Because the xp gain is based on the lvl of the highest person in squad. Can i get some clarification on this thank you
Post edited by CareBearSin - Harshlands on

Comments

• RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I just made lvl 99 and I look for squad 90-99 because i think is ok and they say i ruin they exp because I am to big. How can that be? 90-99 is not like 80-90?
    I know that small lvl's take less exp then big lvl's on FC.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yes, it does, but regardless of how low level, the nerf from that end doesn't seem to be greater than 25%.

Doesn't seem to affect ? mobs though.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    Options
    When my brother sell Fc heads and was 68-78 and a lvl 45 one want to come, he say he is ok if he is small, others one want they money back cuz there was a small lvl in squad lol. I mean they really need to read wiki before talk about it.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ok here's the difference...

for FCC:

-10 level tiers usually (75-85 / 80-90 and so on)

after u get 99 u will nerf exp ANYWAY. So squad often does the 90-98 thing, cuz 99 nerfs

i dont know about how much the nerf is, but i can assure that outside the level10 tier the exp get nerfed.

Level 99 is the only objection i can recall, that level doesnt follow the 10level tiers

Also level 101 should be an objection but i dont remember now, im not doing FCC since months already.

for normal grinding:

-in this game is not possible to power level by grinding cuz having an high level will mess up the xp for both the squad members.

i dont know how wide is the range u can be to get xp, but anyway the xp is divided in any case.

If the gap is too wide the exp will get nerfed and divided
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Optimal squad range for exp is 10 lvs btween highest and lowest or less. Further, optimal range for exp from mobs is 10 lvs between mob lv and highest squad member level and mob level and lowest squad member level. Thus, a squad of {80, 88, 90, 94, 96, 98} would gt reduced exp because of the 80. One with {77, 80, 83, 84, 85, 86} would too, because 77 is 11 levels below the mob lv (88 in frost) despite that the squad is in 10 lv range. Note that once you have the first member of of range in one direction, further members won't do much worse, so if you have one 99+, not much reason not to take a few 10x along too. I can't speak for lv dispersion exp loss, but having a member or two 99+ tends to remove about 1/3 of the exp from mobs. This does not apply to bosses, as Lv [?] = Lv 150, so everyone is treated equally here. This is why many people say (rightfully) that full frost is often better for 99+ characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ok here's the difference...

for FCC:

-10 level tiers usually (75-85 / 80-90 and so on)

after u get 99 u will nerf exp ANYWAY. So squad often does the 90-98 thing, cuz 99 nerfs

i dont know about how much the nerf is, but i can assure that outside the level10 tier the exp get nerfed.

Level 99 is the only objection i can recall, that level doesnt follow the 10level tiers

Also level 101 should be an objection but i dont remember now, im not doing FCC since months already.

for normal grinding:

-in this game is not possible to power level by grinding cuz having an high level will mess up the xp for both the squad members.

i dont know how wide is the range u can be to get xp, but anyway the xp is divided in any case.

If the gap is too wide the exp will get nerfed and divided

this =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

I believe that it's -10% if there's a 99+ in the squad. It's been a while since I've done a run with a 99+ though.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I did not know that. I guess I only look for 99 + people for FC. Thank you alot of the info. And i'm sorry i take others exp I did not know b:shutup
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    There's so much fail in this thread that I don't even want to point them all out.

For one, there is no experience nerf for being lower level. For two, the experience that a squad gets depends on the highest level member in the squad, as do drops. For three, there are certain points after which you get a reduction in experience and spirit, but those depend on the mob level, which in FCC is mostly 88. For bosses, there is no change.

The reason people feel that a 99 nerfs exp is because a level 99 will be 11 levels higher than the 88 mobs in FCC, which will mean you'll be getting 50% of all exp instad of 70%. Which means ~28% less exp from mobs.

As far as I can see, the level tiers are mostly based on cultivation or gear. For example, 80-90 is mostly pre-demon/sage, so anyone 89-90 would be reluctant to go. 90-95 is pre-lunar. 95-99 is Lunar but pre-Nirvana/5aps/rank8/tt100. I know that after I got 95, I avoided any squads that weren't 95+ because they're just so very slow, as on 95 BMs and Archers get Deicide.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.