What the function of undine strike

Beautynbtch - Heavens Tear
Beautynbtch - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Wizard
Its take 1 sec to channel, and well didn't give so much damage improvement. I think this skill is useless if u are not use it at party, but there are only 2 class that use fire water and earth element, and both of those classes are very rare to found at a squad. So if this skill trully have function anyone can tell me what is the function?and when is the right time to use this skill(if this skill trully have a good use)
Post edited by Beautynbtch - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Its take 1 sec to channel, and well didn't give so much damage improvement. I think this skill is useless if u are not use it at party, but there are only 2 class that use fire water and earth element, and both of those classes are very rare to found at a squad. So if this skill trully have function anyone can tell me what is the function?and when is the right time to use this skill(if this skill trully have a good use)
    You had not killed many mobs in PvE ?

If you will try it at different types of mobs, you will see, why we need Undine Strike.

Some of players use it at PvP too.
    Also, undine strike is great...its a debuff that adds about 20% more dmg to all your spells...in TW this will surely drop most people even if charmed (unless a OP barb)

Edit:
    Sometimes it adds more than 20%. Much more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Beautynbtch - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    You had not killed many mobs in PvE ?

If you will try it at different types of mobs, you will see, why we need Undine Strike.

Some of players use it at PvP too.

Edit:
    Sometimes it adds more than 20%. Much more.
    any exact example ??
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    any exact example ??

Try Magic resistant mob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fulcanelli - Raging Tide
    Fulcanelli - Raging Tide Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011

really? you can't think of any use for a MASSIVE debuff?

Also, why you mention the 1 sec channeling time like a bad thing? 1 sec chan + 0.5 sec cast is like speed of light for a wiz b:chuckle

I'M GONNA TROLL YOU!!!!

no I'm not, because I'm a nice guy... a nice hot latin guy b:cute

please tell me that you are a real girl... why girls don't play wizards?!? WHY?!? WHY THE INTERNET IS FULL OF TRANNIES?!?

b:infuriated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    oh yeah, ill try lol
    edited September 2011
    nice its doubled my damage, but we barely meet MR mobs, cuz at endgame we will not questing anymore, is this skill effective to level 150 boss like in TT ?
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    in pve you see the damage go up more on mag resist mobs, and in pvp with other arcanes. its % based so things with high mdef will lose a bigger chunk of resistance.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Useful to use in all forms of PvP, Mag res mobs, and instantances with high HP mobs (an HP pool surpassing a kill time of 11 seconds for maximum effectiveness) and bosses with 2 wizards in squad.
    edited September 2011
    oh thx for the info guys^^
  • Questro - Lost City
    Questro - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2011

In pve if a mob die to a few spells then you dont need undine. However most of the time vs increase magic resistant mob, undine first will give a big boost to damage. Fighting boss for example, if you undine, you will end up killing it faster.
    General pvp, undine will increase ur damage, target will go down faster.
    A crit from Archer usually hurt but a crit from wiz usually mean death.
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Undine is one of those useless skills that developers put in the game so that they and other people can laug h at those who use it. I wouldn't listen to any of the trolls of this thread. they are just making it sound useful so people can laugh at you when you use it.
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The point of Undine Strike is to slap someone across the face with this.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    In PvE it's useful for high hp mobs. I personally don't keep bosses perma-undined unless there's another wiz or psy in the squad. I usually only use it right before I triple spark or a sutra combo.

PvP wise, it's useful for 1v1 when you need that extra damage to finish somebody off with an ultimate. It's also useful in TW when you have the likes of cata barbs/ r9s to deal with.

Oh and it's a must have skill if you want to hit a mob for an insanely high number and SS it.
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Undine is one of those useless skills that developers put in the game so that they and other people can laug h at those who use it. I wouldn't listen to any of the trolls of this thread. they are just making it sound useful so people can laugh at you when you use it.

coolstorybro
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    In PvE it's useful for high hp mobs. I personally don't keep bosses perma-undined unless there's another wiz or psy in the squad. I usually only use it right before I triple spark or a sutra combo.

PvP wise, it's useful for 1v1 when you need that extra damage to finish somebody off with an ultimate. It's also useful in TW when you have the likes of cata barbs/ r9s to deal with.

Oh and it's a must have skill if you want to hit a mob for an insanely high number and SS it.

I guess you never been to nirvana have you? :P

casting our nifty little water buff on every APS person in squad, then undine the boss DOES make a good amount of difference. think about 3-5% more damage on a nirvana boss with 2x 5 aps bm, and 2x 5 aps sin in squad.

but i guess we all got trolled hard by OP :P
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I guess you never been to nirvana have you? :P

casting our nifty little water buff on every APS person in squad, then undine the boss DOES make a good amount of difference. think about 3-5% more damage on a nirvana boss with 2x 5 aps bm, and 2x 5 aps sin in squad.

but i guess we all got trolled hard by OP :P

Where do you get that 3-5% from? I was thinking more along the lines of a fraction of 1% tbh.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    No, I've never taken my wiz on a 5aps nirv run, partly because I'm not 5aps and the "3-5%" extra damage my buff and undine can provide don't begin to stack up to the likes of amp or another 5aps char.

Now caster nirv is another story. There's pretty much always another wiz or psy in the squad, so like I said I'll keep the boss perma-undined.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It really has to do with their mag defense to begin with and or whether you have another DD casting those elemental dmgs. Nirvana bosses are already low on mag def. If a boss has no mag def at all: it's going to be a waste of time / mp.

It is useful on increased mag def mobs and for squadding with other wizards.
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Where do you get that 3-5% from? I was thinking more along the lines of a fraction of 1% tbh.

WTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTF?????????????????????????????????????????
    fraction of 1%???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    that's saying 40% of ur weapon damage is less than 1% of ur total damage, implying those phys chars are dealing 4000%+ of their weapon damage in 3 spark. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    A sin has somewhere around 900% weapon damage with 3 spark. that means 40% more wepaon damage gives an increase of about 5% total damage.
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited October 2011

It's definatly more then 1 %, since sins tell me they see a difference in the hits that they do. It's not exact math how i tested it, but i tried a couple things with a sin in nirvana and after the full nirvana we settled on a estimate 3-5%. On the fire bosses it was even bigger difference ofcourse.

It might not sound like much, but with 5 APS 3-5% is alot.

Also i'm R9 +12 with two icebourns, so i don't do caster nirvana, too slow for my taste :P. i do 4-5 man no cleric 1 BM, 1 clawbarb, rest sin squad, 4 APS R9 sins or 5 APS bm/sins/barb.
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
This discussion has been closed.