Recomendations on Endgame Wizzy Build.

nojodaaaa
nojodaaaa Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Wizard
Well, Im lvl 82 atm.. But i was having some fun with pwicalc and decided to "make" what would be a good endgame build, which i can afford obviusly lol.
I dont expect to get R9/nirvana or any other kind of fancy gear, im sure TT99 would be pretty hard to get by farming, and i've heard R8 is a good and affordable choice, considering this is my first char. I dont know a lot about endgame ornys, robes and that kind of stuff so i just uded TT99 and Tigers event robe lol, if u know any other cheaper and good choice pls tell me ;)

Btw the refines are also what i think i might be able to afford lol

Unbuffed here http://pwcalc.com/648cb196b56c3b8e

Ty :)
Post edited by nojodaaaa on

Comments

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    http://pwcalc.com/2b15c363865a9e41

changed your ornies and some sharding.

You have 3% less phys def (inb4adriots%physdefrant b:avoid) and you'll now have 5k hp.

Oh and I put saphs in the wep. Your wep is your biggest asset as a wiz, I definitely recommend splurging for it.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Unless you are planning on 100% pve.. that build won't cut it.

1) Weapon should be a MINIMUM of r8 +10 if you plan on any type of pvp. We are a DD class, and the weapon is HUGE.

2) The lunar neck you picked is very expensive.. and you should really be aiming for cube neck. I think sky demons or HH90 gold neck would be a good stepping stone before you go for cube neck, the lunar neck is just too expensive for something that isn't end game imo.

3) Belt again is expensive, and you should be aiming for r9 belt or warsong.. I'd recommend just sucking it up and doing the quests to get 4th map and get the belt (oddly a quest reward that is actually really good) Again HH99 pdef belt is just expensive and not really that much better than the much cheaper alternatives (int chars only use it for the -int set bonus.. which doesn't do us any good).

4) You didn't even include a tome

5) You should proabably switch your sharding around a bit. Remember, we have stone barrier which bumps up our pdef by quite a lot (you didn't activate it in the calc) and you seem to be focusing way too much on pdef and neglecting your hp. I'd personally just use Asterelle's socket calculator http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html to see which shards would help you the most. You'll likely find that citrines will give you better survivability than garnets.. although that will all depend on buffs and your opponent. I should also mention that 4 socket everything is incredibly expensive (for the non-rank gear anyway) and 4 socketing equipment should be one of the last things on your list. Especially for the shards you are planning on using.. it might be different if you were thinking about end game shards.. but from the looks of things you won't be doing that for quite some time.

6) All refines are at a bare minimum at the moment.. which could be good or bad. If you were using this build as a temporary build while you work your way to rank9.. great. If this is your plan for end game, you might be in for a very unpleasant surprise. HH99 +5 with g8 shards just doesn't cut in anymore.

@Dakill - I'm going to kill you. The "3%" you mention means absolutely nothing. It's like me saying that I now take 5 less damage... without mentioning if the original hit was 10 or 10,000. Besides, you forgot to use stone barrier. Don't make me hunt you down and teach you some 3rd grade math >:(
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    @Dakill - I'm going to kill you. The "3%" you mention means absolutely nothing. It's like me saying that I now take 5 less damage... without mentioning if the original hit was 10 or 10,000. Besides, you forgot to use stone barrier. Don't make me hunt you down and teach you some 3rd grade math >:(

I'm so confused b:sad

Last time I blew off a couple % of resistance you told me that it doesn't literally mean you take a certain % more of damage b:cry
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    I'm so confused b:sad

Last time I blew off a couple % of resistance you told me that it doesn't literally mean you take a certain % more of damage b:cry

The number they give you is probably not what you think it is. So if you were going to see how much benefit you'd receive from extra hp, that's pretty easy. Pretend you have 5k hp, and you get an extra 500 hp somehow, you've just increased your survivability/hp by 10%. Pretty simple. The benefit from pdef is a little different. The easiest way I can think of to explain this is to use an example. Pretend you have a ton of pdef that leaves you at 80% reduction of physical damage, and a potential build will put you at 83% (what you'd call a 3% physical damage reduction). So using an example hit (lets say 100 damage for easy numbers), you'd receive 20 damage @ 80% reduction or 17 damage @ 83% reduction. Now if you compare those numbers (17 and 20) you'll find that taking 17 damage as opposed to 20 damage is actually a 15% difference. That 15% difference equates to 15% better survivability to physical hits with the 83% build than the 80% build.. and you can make an educated decision with those numbers in mind. Notice that the 3% you mentioned before compared to say.. the 10% increase in hp could be very misleading. The devs made that more complicated than it had to be (imo), but that's just the way it is :(
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited September 2011
    how do you people afford 4s, 70m cloaks, and even rank 8, but not know that refines matter more? for the price of +5'ing that entire set, and getting all socket stones to bring them from 3s, you could've probably had a couple of +10 pieces that would shine more than the entire +5 set.

and why use g8 stones? any stone that isn't g12 or +vit is temporary, so why waste money?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    prof wrote: »
    how do you people afford 4s, 70m cloaks, and even rank 8, but not know that refines matter more? for the price of +5'ing that entire set, and getting all socket stones to bring them from 3s, you could've probably had a couple of +10 pieces that would shine more than the entire +5 set.

and why use g8 stones? any stone that isn't g12 or +vit is temporary, so why waste money?

So behind the times.. when was the last time you checked the sales/cash shop in pwi?
  • FumRuzu - Lost City
    FumRuzu - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This is my current equip http://pwcalc.com/f21f0876750fc2a1. Not very good since i been working on gears for my gf cleric. This is only temporary I will be socketing some gear and refining some of it as well.

I haven't had many problems in pvp since I do have a genie and pots to help along with that.
    I also carry different ornaments to increase my pdef and hp as i desire. If im in group pvp i prefer to use this current gear while if im in solo pvp i up my pdef to 7k with. Of course if im fighting a magic class I change my ornament to higher my hp to 5.5k and mag def.

GL finding your endgame for your wiz :D
  • prof
    edited September 2011
    So behind the times.. when was the last time you checked the sales/cash shop in pwi?

i was online at the moment i was posting that, so i assume then.

offsale, r8 cost 160m.
    wingcharger, 75m average on lc
    g8 is x5 a g7, and it's still only temporary.. i'd use g7, less loss later.
    socket stones are 10k? i think. idk the amount of stones for 4s hh99, but i know if he starts with 3s, it's going to cost over 10m a piece.

so, cut the price of the cape in half and use a lunar cloak.
    use g7, 1/5th of the price.
    settle with 3s.

you just saved 50-100m.

the last time i saw 10* orbs on sale, they were 100 gold for 3; gold is currently 1.2m. surely you can afford a few of those now. b:shutup
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited September 2011

My private server player detector is going off again, whoop! whoop! whoop!

the last time i saw 10* orbs on sale, they were 100 gold for 3

The last time you saw was probably 100 gold for 5, actually. But those sales are probably a thing of the past.

orb sale today? 50 gold for 1.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • prof
    edited September 2011
    My private server player detector is going off again, whoop! whoop! whoop!
    why do you people hate using the best possible stones in the last armour you'll ever use? you figure you'd want to have the best stats you could get or something..

maybe that's just me.

The last time you saw was probably 100 gold for 5, actually. But those sales are probably a thing of the past.

orb sale today? 50 gold for 1.

i don't remember what it was, and i hadn't been on today. but even for 50, i think gold is 1m atm here, should be able to get 2
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    and as arcane + your cape 1st
    it refines as LA hp not AA
    b:bye
    edited September 2011
    why do you people hate using the best possible stones in the last armour you'll ever use? you figure you'd want to have the best stats you could get or something..

maybe that's just me.

Drakeflames out price jades on most servers. So no, it wouldn't be the best possible by most peoples estimation to use drakeflame. Ever. Unless you are on a private server maybe.

Anymore than it would make sense to use +20 vit stones. b:surrender
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • prof
    edited September 2011
    this post might be a little hard to read, i'm on this heavy medicine that's got me making typos every other word lol

the argument between jade's and drakeflame's is hard and i don't have enough experience with defense and attack levels to make a proper argument to support myself, i've just always used pdef. my idea is: your opponent is always going to have a lot more atk levels than you have defense levels, so you should increase your raw defense to better defend yourself from it because all your defense levels is doing is negating a few %'s of additional damage, where way-back-when, they killed you fine before atk/def levels.

so, to me, you're trading your defense to negate this additional damage(which is lower than the amount that they're increasing) instead of defending yourself from the base attack; i'd think you'd have a higher survivability if you defended yourself from their raw attack mainly.

my idea:

http://pwcalc.com/dd5d27ba3ea76d3f

that's lower defense than what i'm use to, my old mage had 17k~ self buffed; but this one has 16 defense levels(it's also only a +10 set, which is definitely within reach of most players these days, and the adorn isn't refinable). it's not helping a whole lot, but it's still negating 16% of their additional damage.

i was going to write more, but i got distracted and forgot what i was saying lol
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    this post might be a little hard to read, i'm on this heavy medicine that's got me making typos every other word lol

the argument between jade's and drakeflame's is hard and i don't have enough experience with defense and attack levels to make a proper argument to support myself, i've just always used pdef. my idea is: your opponent is always going to have a lot more atk levels than you have defense levels, so you should increase your raw defense to better defend yourself from it because all your defense levels is doing is negating a few %'s of additional damage, where way-back-when, they killed you fine before atk/def levels.

so, to me, you're trading your defense to negate this additional damage(which is lower than the amount that they're increasing) instead of defending yourself from the base attack; i'd think you'd have a higher survivability if you defended yourself from their raw attack mainly.

my idea:

http://pwcalc.com/dd5d27ba3ea76d3f

that's lower defense than what i'm use to, my old mage had 17k~ self buffed; but this one has 16 defense levels(it's also only a +10 set, which is definitely within reach of most players these days, and the adorn isn't refinable). it's not helping a whole lot, but it's still negating 16% of their additional damage.

i was going to write more, but i got distracted and forgot what i was saying lol

The theory is right, but often times negating those attack levels increases your survivability more than using vit/garnet/citrine shards. I know you're familiar with asterelle's socket calculator, you may want to toy around on it a bit more.. you'll find that in most cases (at least at end game) jades provide the most survivability.
  • prof
    edited September 2011
    The theory is right, but often times negating those attack levels increases your survivability more than using vit/garnet/citrine shards. I know you're familiar with asterelle's socket calculator, you may want to toy around on it a bit more.. you'll find that in most cases (at least at end game) jades provide the most survivability.

i have, and according to it, 24 vit stones offered the highest survivability with an entirely stoneless mage.

based on this stoneless mage:
    http://pwcalc.com/c95e1d0e5f647cf9

xgi3x0.png

as defense levels are "+1% of your current defense against your opponents attack level", wouldn't having a higher phys defense to increase how much those defense levels matter do more?
    edited September 2011
    i have, and according to it, 24 vit stones offered the highest survivability with an entirely stoneless mage.

based on this stoneless mage:
    http://pwcalc.com/c95e1d0e5f647cf9

xgi3x0.png

as defense levels are "+1% of your current defense against your opponents attack level", wouldn't having a higher phys defense to increase how much those defense levels matter do more?

Could this mage even shard 24 jades? g12 gear . . . .
  • prof
    edited September 2011
    i'll assume you misread that? i said 24 vit stones. only the top is g12 anyway, for now. the rank 8 recast should offer g15.
    edited September 2011
    i did. im sleepy
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    My built for my wiz is R9+12 with jades
    Cube neck G16 +11 for att and def levels
    Nirv cape and helm +12 with +1 att level gems
    Iceborn gems in weap and +45 magic tome also 105 for max magic

111att levels and 62 def levels.

In tw once i am debuffed my survivability drops to 40%.
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    My built for my wiz is R9+12 with jades
    Cube neck G16 +11 for att and def levels
    Nirv cape and helm +12 with +1 att level gems
    Iceborn gems in weap and +45 magic tome also 105 for max magic

111att levels and 62 def levels.

In tw once i am debuffed my survivability drops to 40%.

wtf +45 magic tome lol...and only +11 g16 neck...
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
    edited September 2011
    When you wannaplay the cashopers game you gotta cashup.
  • Questro - Lost City
    Questro - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2011

yup cashshopper help keep game running. keep up the good work "thumb up"
    A crit from Archer usually hurt but a crit from wiz usually mean death.
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    edited September 2011

I wasn't being sarcastic. I do mean ONLY +11 g16 neck. and ONLY +45 magic tome instead of SOT.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2011

you do realize you are talking to the most successful merchant on LC right? I'd be willing to bet that cheze's net worth is significantly above yours.
    edited September 2011
    you do realize you are talking to the most successful merchant on LC right? I'd be willing to bet that cheze's net worth is significantly above yours.

Well, Cheze might have better gear. The only improvements I might do to my wiz would be the 4th socket to the nirvana helm and cape, +12 my cube neck and +12 my PQ3 right. Maybe replace all DOTs with Jades for more survivability.

I dont think cheeze can improve more a wiz than that? Can he?
    And as for the skill, I am still learning. Skill is hard to get when you start with OP gears. I strive for more than a year now so...I'll be there soon.b:bye
    edited October 2011

Skill is hard to get when you start with OP gears.

Thank you!

I say this and people jump my chit claiming I said I am better than this person or that person. Simple fact is, this is true.

Something I saw some wizards doing that worked well - dueling each other without weapons. Fights last a long time, you learn how to kite, conserve your genie, disables, apoth, etc. And it evens out the playing field a good bit. Alot more fun too than gush critting someone for 5 digits

Maybe Dakill will help you out - if you can find him b:surrender
    edited October 2011
    hm what's this? People talking about me? Wow I must be ownage.
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    edited October 2011

Skill is hard to get when you start with OP gears.

nah I started with full R9 and didn't seem that hard to play a wiz.
  • WizzusChrist - Archosaur
    WizzusChrist - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    nah I started with full R9 and didn't seem that hard to play a wiz.

Thou art blessed, my lamb.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Er anyone who can read english has skills already? This skill stuns this one slows this one sleeps? Theres not really a bad in this game is there? =/ I dunno maybe I'm just a mega baddy.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
This discussion has been closed.