[●Heaven's Flame]

Zaradon - Heavens Tear
Zaradon - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Blademaster
Just being curious about it..

As im not even thinking to get the skill - would it be any worth getting it at all?

I mean, WOWOWOW;

Leap onto the opponent using your Mana to summon a blazing Fire dragon
dealing base physical damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 5975.0.
Damages all enemies within 12 meters of the target and causes them to suffer
100% of that damage over 6 seconds.

Requires two Sparks.

Sage version increases Fire damage to 2000 over 6 seconds.

I dont think its worth getting it, is it? Its like some extra damage deal't from the HF, might aswell be better if i Fissure'd before i HF the foe(s) ?

Plus, on Heaven's Tear the skill might be more worth than Demon version cause its like, really rare.

Waiting on feedbacks&tips please.
Post edited by Zaradon - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You'll hit harder with it, since level 11 skills have higher damage. But overall it's not that great of an improvement from level 10.
  • Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Yeah, that's what im wondering here - its only with higher damage + (sucky) addon and is more worth than the Demon version because of its rareness.

I wish they could change something about that skill....atleast have a chance to cast without losing spark or decreased cooldown time instead of the darned fire damage - what a fail addon.
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    it wouldnt be fail if it actually did 2k damage but you must be lucky to get it to 100 damage cuz of mdef
  • Hattori_ - Archosaur
    Hattori_ - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    sage hf b:cry
    demon hf b:victory
  • Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011

Yeah, totally agreed on that but sage fist mastery <3
    demon fist mastery </3

But yeah, there's much more to compare hence it all depends of ones likes.

There's some sage BM's who's DD outcome is far greater than the demon HF bm's would ever imagine.

So, any other tips for having or not having this skill for myself? >_>
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yeah, totally agreed on that but sage fist mastery <3
    demon fist mastery </3

But yeah, there's much more to compare hence it all depends of ones likes.

There's some sage BM's who's DD outcome is far greater than the demon HF bm's would ever imagine.

So, any other tips for having or not having this skill for myself? >_>

Uhhh what? You know that the 90% vs 75% isn't applied to over all damage right? It's 15% weapon damage difference which comes out to be around 3% more overall damage for sage. Same bulid, same gears, demon BM will always out DPS sage BM, because they don't need to waste time to spam Cyclone each spark.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Uhhh what? You know that the 90% vs 75% isn't applied to over all damage right? It's 15% weapon damage difference which comes out to be around 3% more overall damage for sage. Same bulid, same gears, demon BM will always out DPS sage BM, because they don't need to waste time to spam Cyclone each spark.

Wow, a sage bm skill thats pretty much useless and not nearly as good as the demon equivilant? Someone should contact the devs and tell them about that imbalance /sarcasm.

And actually for endgame the 15% weapon damage difference can end up being less than the 1% crit demon get. Earlier game the 90% sage mastery is better, but the more you get towards endgame the more 75& mastery and 1% crit demon mastery catches up and with G15 claws demon mastery gives more dps. For most BMs that are Deicides +8 with about 40 vit points its about a 1.5% dps difference favoring sage, then the demons get 25% more dps from 5 aps over a 4 aps sage.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary
    Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Wow, a sage bm skill thats pretty much useless and not nearly as good as the demon equivilant? Someone should contact the devs and tell them about that imbalance /sarcasm.

And actually for endgame the 15% weapon damage difference can end up being less than the 1% crit demon get. Earlier game the 90% sage mastery is better, but the more you get towards endgame the more 75& mastery and 1% crit demon mastery catches up and with G15 claws demon mastery gives more dps. For most BMs that are Deicides +8 with about 40 vit points its about a 1.5% dps difference favoring sage, then the demons get 25% more dps from 5 aps over a 4 aps sage.

This has been bugging me for a while.

weapon damage modifiers remain constant so 75% vs 90% will always have that gap of 15% weapon damage regardless of weapon damage.

your modifiers for DPS that benifit demon are the additional % weapon damage from STR and the crit DPS boost
    I give up on beign a blademaster. Gonna go wave my tranny **** around and pew pew.
  • jaanyoo
    jaanyoo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Demon HF is more like b:dirty

and Also
    This has been bugging me for a while.

weapon damage modifiers remain constant so 75% vs 90% will always have that gap of 15% weapon damage regardless of weapon damage.

your modifiers for DPS that benifit demon are the additional % weapon damage from STR and the crit DPS boost

Reply in bold
  • mkl0011
    mkl0011 Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Well what do you expect.Sages are defense types and demons are the attack types.That's how it was supposed to be designed if that's what you talking about. By the way im not a sage bm but i got a question. Does the fire damage get multiplied by the curse or just other attacks?
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    mkl0011 wrote: »
    Well what do you expect.Sages are defense types and demons are the attack types.That's how it was supposed to be designed if that's what you talking about. By the way im not a sage bm but i got a question. Does the fire damage get multiplied by the curse or just other attacks?

I still consider demon bm's more a defensive build (bell as a skill, better marrows, better chi gain, better stuns...) but if you are talking the tendency for sage's to load up their builds with vitality or only go one path to save stats for vitality then yes that can be defensive. But in PWI the best defense is usually a good offense and killing/controlling things before they can do anything to you.

I honestly don't know if the fire damage is multiplied but I would assume so. How PWI used to work was debuffs and and self buffs caused by skills would proc as the weapon channeled and be active when the weapon cast. That's why barb demon Sunder crits everytime, Demon Glacial Spike will auto crit 50% of the time, demon Wield Thunder will do more damage as it debuffs as it hits. That's also why channel canceling skills used to work and then PWI "fixed" them by adding a glitch that causes them not to proc till after the attack has landed (but didn't change the majority of other classes skills). So I don't know for sure but I would assume the fire damage would be doubled also.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Seamen - Dreamweaver
    Seamen - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So bac on the heavens flame topic. If anyone is selling sage hf I am interested I'm interested in buying. Pm me on forums or ingame but here would be guaranteed a response Ty
  • Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Also, thanks for the wise advices and tips.

And no, im not much of satisfied for them removing the glitches, it was somewhat broken but i as sage have to "multiclick" a lot to keep up with my own lvls sins DD power.

And as a sage im heading towards full atk lvl aps gear, even if my other skills aint that great im still aiming for atk lvl, helps a lot along with HF + sage aoes :>