(Yes, one of these...)

Typhyse - Sanctuary
Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Mystic
http://pwcalc.com/6c5fcaefdfd9503b

This is what I'm looking at for my mystic.
-chan is 34% for those of you who don't feel like counting it lol
Sage/Demon Shell isn't in the calc yet. He'll be a Sage so his phys def will be closer to 3.9k

Any comments, changes I should make, and perhaps an over all PC?
Please please PLEASE do not tell me to get r8 instead. I absolutely hate male Mystic r8 and would restat him to LA before I made him r8 :P

The cape and the ring are because I already have them from BH. If they go down as low as 40mil, I think I'll get a WoCC.

Just for the lulz, this is what I'd do with r9 and money :3
http://pwcalc.com/aef0958b37031433
Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
~Spazz~
Post edited by Typhyse - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Lunaryl - Heavens Tear
    Lunaryl - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I find that a channeling build on a mystic is sort of.. pointless? We aren't really meant to be dealing damage and even still, we do channel fast without channeling gear. It sort of comes down to what you plan to be doing endgame. I'll tell you now that you won't be doing much with less than 4k hp, and similar pdef. If you don't plan on doing anything that doesn't require you being hit at all, then go for what you have but you'd be better off going for a p. def neck and belt for the defense, and you really should see to get that HP higher. Everything end game requires AT LEAST 5k hp. If you don't at least have that, then you pretty much make your character useless.

I'd also rethink the beamhoof slicer. Yes, the channeling is nice, but for the price you're paying, you'd be better off spending that money on the refines on your gear. Honestly, you really do need higher HP than what your pwcalc is showing. b:shutup

Really, if you're pressed for money and you still want the channeling, you would be best off going the rank 8 route. You can't beat the price plus the gear level is higher and you would be getting a better refine bonus. If you don't like the way it looks, wear fashion. Don't like the weapon? Use something else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nureigami - Heavens Tear
    Nureigami - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Rank 7 setup is kinda really sucky.b:laugh

I only have minimal channeling, which is weapon, cape, wrists which were all hand me downs

Really, the only thing it supports is Absorb soul and comforting mist.

Channeling shouldnt be your first choice, it should be a second set of armor, surviving is more important.

Weapon... meh I never liked it :p
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This would be my suggestion. +5s aren't unreasonable, and lunar rings are only ~30m anymore, so it's not hugely expensive. Frankly, R7 isn't worth the extra coin at current rep prices, so if you really like that weapon, I'd say stick to R6. That mold top is pretty cheap at this point.
    http://pwcalc.com/9867a2fed9f9a8b6

If you're really convinced you want R7, then
    http://pwcalc.com/36319271946753a0

Better HP and more chan, but the pdef takes a hit. You could also do that version with a second lunar ring, but that starts to get more expensive... But I'd never ever use that terribad mold ring. Ever. I'd sooner use a 1* with a -6% chan or something, but really there's not much reason not to get a lunar...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    IKnuke - Harshlands Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I find that a channeling build on a mystic is sort of.. pointless? We aren't really meant to be dealing damage and even still, we do channel fast without channeling gear. It sort of comes down to what you plan to be doing endgame. I'll tell you now that you won't be doing much with less than 4k hp, and similar pdef. If you don't plan on doing anything that doesn't require you being hit at all, then go for what you have but you'd be better off going for a p. def neck and belt for the defense, and you really should see to get that HP higher. Everything end game requires AT LEAST 5k hp. If you don't at least have that, then you pretty much make your character useless.

I'd also rethink the beamhoof slicer. Yes, the channeling is nice, but for the price you're paying, you'd be better off spending that money on the refines on your gear. Honestly, you really do need higher HP than what your pwcalc is showing. b:shutup

Really, if you're pressed for money and you still want the channeling, you would be best off going the rank 8 route. You can't beat the price plus the gear level is higher and you would be getting a better refine bonus. If you don't like the way it looks, wear fashion. Don't like the weapon? Use something else.

Im a channeling Mystic, I have instant Absorb Soul.
    I find that really not pointless when i use my Spark and Instantly killing a R 9 Arcane.
    But of course everything has its Pros and Cons.
  • Lunaryl - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Im a channeling Mystic, I have instant Absorb Soul.
    I find that really not pointless when i use my Spark and Instantly killing a R 9 Arcane.
    But of course everything has its Pros and Cons.

Channeling is fine and dandy if you can live long enough to put it to use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I find that a channeling build on a mystic is sort of.. pointless? We aren't really meant to be dealing damage

I stopped reading there, otherwise I might lose braincells. The caster with the fastest dps in the game til now and you say it's not meant for dealing damage?

-facepalm-
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
    edited September 2011

Sage/Demon Shell isn't in the calc yet. He'll be a Sage so his phys def will be closer to 3.9k

Please please PLEASE do not tell me to get r8 instead. I absolutely hate male Mystic r8 and would restat him to LA before I made him r8 :P

The cape and the ring are because I already have them from BH. If they go down as low as 40mil, I think I'll get a WoCC.

1. Get TT99 boots if you really want that channeling bonus without gimping your pdef
    2. Get a pdef belt ornament
    3. Get R8
    4. Get FASHION if you don't like the look of R8, Although the R7 pants are still better then R8 pants (imo)
    5. Refine gear to +5 using event gold if you collect any

for giggles, here's how much better you'd be if you thought rationally. I'll even keep the refines the same. http://pwcalc.com/88b0108444197cde

~compare calcs, why would u gimp your atk/def bcuz u dont like the look of a piece of armor? lol.

• OmniX - Heavens Tear
    OmniX - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I stopped reading there, otherwise I might lose braincells. The caster with the fastest dps in the game til now and you say it's not meant for dealing damage?

-facepalm-

It isnt meant to deal damage. The reason why it has fast channeling in the majority of its skills is because a mystic has the possibility to go from healing/supporting to dd'ing quickly because that's its main function in a squad...If it was a slow caster, then its job would be pointless. A veno is more of a DDer than a mystic tbh since it has decent casting on some skills but lacks single heals and squad heals. Yes you can focus on just DDing and what not, but thats not an essential function of a mystic although we still do decent damage when we do DD. You probably already lost most of your braincells =/

b:bye
    edited September 2011
    ur cute b:cute

• Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Channeling is fine and dandy if you can live long enough to put it to use.

lol, should see jasrina (jasriana) and his instant channeling b:dirty

But i agree on the HP. 3800 or whatever is so damn low. Mystics can DD, but in PvE i notice i'm more worth alive while trying to keep others alive instead of DD'ing. And instead of rank 6 you can either get the rank 8 wand or a nice nirvana weapon. I'd recommend the rank 8 wand though, because of the lower costs. Beamhoof is expensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Lunaryl - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011

-facepalm-

You go ahead and match your damage to a wizard or a psychic. What I mean to say is that in comparison to other classes, damage dealing is a possibility to us, but maybe not our priority? As Omni said, the channeling is beneficial in being able to switch between DD and support. I'm not belittling our damage dealing capabilities at all, but if you're spam DDing then you're doing it wrong. If you're spam DDing then perhaps you rolled the wrong class.

As a mystic, I usually find myself constantly switching to both self-support/squad-support and throwing in my debuffs/attacks where I have space for them.

Then again your choice in play style also changes how you see your character. I personally spend a lot of time farming things like TT, Nirvana and Rebirth where I usually find that I need to switch between both healing or DDing depending on the current situation. I also TW, and my place in TW is in a nuke squad and therefore I spend a fair amount of time DDing and switching over to support my squadmates. I very rarely spend my time spamming attacks in fact, I think the only time I do is during the tiger event on Monday's in which case I have a channeling set to maximize my attacks/damage.

@ Shiffy: Jas is ridiculous. I came in behind him in the tiger event this week. Think he still had like, 6k points on me. Haha. Is he going r9?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OmniX - Heavens Tear
    OmniX - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I saw him (jasriana) with a R9 ring...so he might go R9 on just the weapon im guessing. Since going FULL R9 as a mystic you lose A LOT of channeling x_X but its not a big difference to us that have minimal channeling equips. on. Jasriana on the other hand will notice a big difference since his gear is all based off channeling and will be like a going from a fast Ferrari to a bulldozer type speed for him. Unless he decides to have 2 sets? xD like a lot of people have a pvp set and a pve set.
  • Lunaryl - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    I just want all those attack levels.. and the +12'd weapon.. channeling difference won't be as noticeable as the much larger numbers that pop-up and the doubling of my hp. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Going rank 9 won't be much of a difference for me when it comes to channeling. It's going from 33 to 30. Only getting weapon and pants, mats are waiting including all orbs and gems. It's the magic attack that will get a major boost.

Jas is going rank 9. Can't remember if he's going full or only weapon, he's already almost completely full of JOSD on his nirvana gear, so he might not do that? And yes he has a channeling set and defensive set. So he can combine all that stuff. But even if he's defensively geared, his channeling remains to be crazy. He is channel addicted.

Not sure if people knew, but 100% channeling isn't possible. Highest possible is 99%. If you get 100 or more, it will always fall back to 90%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    if you are so fix on channeling and doesnt want r8 this is an alternative. for the rings sign of antiquity: chaos, if you do not have the coins for that then u can replace them with any -6 channeling rings in ah(oht ones or w/e) or the ff ring auspicous ring: order(but if ur going to get this might as well get the lunar ring. its better with added p.def)

the guard of thunder shock is a free belt u get from ur culti. completing it takes time but it is worth it.

tt90/99 u can farm or farm 2-3 sell mats and get tt99 mats.(while farming u get fairy boxes from tt so u can refine as well, +4 is easily reach with mirage only, well for me..., or sell the mirage to get d.orb)

and that weap i asume u have already.

-34 channel with more hp and p def.

http://pwcalc.com/473f26a606d2e9a0

fixed x.x' they both looks the same on the symbols.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    the paradise satchet is a free belt u get from ur culti. completing it takes time but it is worth it.

I'd get the Guard of Thundershock on an arcane class...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    OP should just go r8. Although maybe still go with r7 pants since they are better, but r8 pants will probably be better when recast arrives... All the more reason to go r8. Shouldn't really matter how it looks since there is fashion. Oh, and pdef ornaments only >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Dayum I got far more replies than I thought I would.
    -intantly ignores "go r8" replies-

-34% chan on a caster as fast as a psy is way too much I agree. I only wanted it for Soul and Mist as has been mentioned anyway. I'd definitely be willing to sacrifice some -chan for better survivability (omfg forum spell check doesn't recognize that word...). Thus why he'll have Elite Leather or even a WoCC instead of TM cape.

I have my heart set on r7 and Beamhoof Slicer, so I think I'll take your second suggestion Marista, or something quite similar.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hah, glad to have been of help. Yeah, I know how annoying it can be to have people ignore what you say you expressly want and continue pushing the standard on you. I myself am using a sinrabansho on my veno despite having R8, and will be acct stashing it to mystic once she his 100. Many people on the forums just seem unable to grasp the idea that we might want to use something other than the technical best, heh... Never mind the completely off topic discussions of whether or not we can dd. Good luck with him, though, and have fun. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Oh I already am having way too much fun with him. I barely play my sin anymore xD
    He's only 65, but already one OP little one-****-army xD
    Add his sin wife into the mix and I say "What squad?" b:sin
    Can't wait to see what he can do when I'm done with him b:pleased
    ~Spazz~
  • rainbowyoshii
    rainbowyoshii Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You go ahead and match your damage to a wizard or a psychic. What I mean to say is that in comparison to other classes, damage dealing is a possibility to us, but maybe not our priority? As Omni said, the channeling is beneficial in being able to switch between DD and support. I'm not belittling our damage dealing capabilities at all, but if you're spam DDing then you're doing it wrong. If you're spam DDing then perhaps you rolled the wrong class.

As a mystic, I usually find myself constantly switching to both self-support/squad-support and throwing in my debuffs/attacks where I have space for them.

Then again your choice in play style also changes how you see your character. I personally spend a lot of time farming things like TT, Nirvana and Rebirth where I usually find that I need to switch between both healing or DDing depending on the current situation. I also TW, and my place in TW is in a nuke squad and therefore I spend a fair amount of time DDing and switching over to support my squadmates. I very rarely spend my time spamming attacks in fact, I think the only time I do is during the tiger event on Monday's in which case I have a channeling set to maximize my attacks/damage.

@ Shiffy: Jas is ridiculous. I came in behind him in the tiger event this week. Think he still had like, 6k points on me. Haha. Is he going r9?

the way u and omnix describe mystic is as a back up support class which makes mystics so boring. as long as u have a cleric in the squad u dont need to support. from my experience all u need is to throw up vital herb and u can go to just pure DDing. if the cleric rage quits or DCs then THAT is when the "support" side of mystic comes in, and its still only a "back up".

a mystic is perfectly fine to spam DD rather than support. and as for a mystics priority? lets be hones here, mystics have no one priority. we arent the best at DDing and we arnt the best pets and we arent the best at healing/support. mystics are basically just a underpowered back up class. we arnt the best at a single thing we do, only mediocre.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Yeah vital + creeper and you're free to go about your business DDing or picking off stray mobs/walkers. (Mystic's BH51 level and I always grab the walkers because my squads have been too stupid to wait for them at the bosses b:sweat)
    ~Spazz~
  • Lunaryl - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    the way u and omnix describe mystic is as a back up support class which makes mystics so boring. as long as u have a cleric in the squad u dont need to support. from my experience all u need is to throw up vital herb and u can go to just pure DDing. if the cleric rage quits or DCs then THAT is when the "support" side of mystic comes in, and its still only a "back up".

That's just it.. I don't use a cleric in my squads. And if I do, it's an alt cleric just there for buffs or the occasional res if there is a double death without res buff.

To get back on topic for the OP: You really should worry about the refines on your gear/your hp/p. def before going full-force chan and attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I find that a channeling build on a mystic is sort of.. pointless? We aren't really meant to be dealing damage and even still, we do channel fast without channeling gear.

Lolwut? I'm not meant to DD???

Im only 89 & hit 28K with just a NV followed by AS - lvl 10 spells.

Energy Leech+Devil & Im criting like a **** many times 20K +

Ive had both clerics and venos tell me they hate my class?

If we are not meant to DD why are these skills available to us, & why would a veno after seeing a high crit tell me he hates my class? Just throwing down plants and standing there saves my charm & genie, which is the only advantage I see to telling someone we dont really DD, lol. But its boring as hell...at least for a player like me.

Not to say you aren't entitled to your opinion. Afterall, Im just a newb, but I wish someone told me this much sooner. I would have let this char go the way of my cleric - undeveloped b:sad

Im not saying we are the BEST at either, but geezzzzzzz, lol
    edited October 2011

Other than making me wonder if there is a channeling cap for the game (besides a 100% bonus xD) - I like them both. They are in the same direction I am already going. If money was an unlimited thing for me to waste on a game, I would definately try them both - although I already have more Vit than you are showing with a mere 5.

The Pure Mage basics of the build seem like they go against what you want to achieve, & I would keep my Vit intensive build until the gear proved to take up the slack.

Nice job. Im a newb and cant say its perfect - but Im definately liking what I see. b:pleased
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    To get back on topic for the OP: You really should worry about the refines on your gear/your hp/p. def before going full-force chan and attack.
    Alrightie thank you. This is my first caster I've played seriously...first serious alt period for that matter. b:avoid

The Pure Mage basics of the build seem like they go against what you want to achieve, & I would keep my Vit intensive build until the gear proved to take up the slack.
    My gear will always take up the slack of pure mag's lack of survivability. 65 and he has 3.7-6.8k mag def and 2k phys def with his own buff (metal sucks because his bracers and -chan belt lack metal res...fml
    -,.,-) and 2.1k HP. His weapon is outdated (WoF) but I have a Sakyamuni's Light ready for him at 70.

Currently, this is his gearing: http://pwcalc.com/d531c828a8cc5bde
    Weapon and cape are **** I know. The cape dropped like that with 3 sockets around 20 and I've had it ever since. I have a +2 4-flawless cit Cape of TC waiting for him.

At 80, this will be his gearing: http://pwcalc.com/68de916d652d6cde
    Refines are negligible and he may not have the Warsoul. Because he has a pure mag build, I only distribute points every odd level, thus the 5 undistributed points.
    He'll still have the Light because he'll have my wife's Aquadash at 85...if my wife's cleric is done with it by then >_>
    ~Spazz~
    edited October 2011
    Alrightie thank you. This is my first caster I've played seriously...first serious alt period for that matter. b:avoid

My gear will always take up the slack of pure mag's lack of survivability. 65 and he has 3.7-6.8k mag def and 2k phys def with his own buff (metal sucks because his bracers and -chan belt lack metal res...fml
    -,.,-) and 2.1k HP. His weapon is outdated (WoF) but I have a Sakyamuni's Light ready for him at 70.

Currently, this is his gearing: http://pwcalc.com/d531c828a8cc5bde
    Weapon and cape are **** I know. The cape dropped like that with 3 sockets around 20 and I've had it ever since. I have a +2/+3 4-flawless cit Cape of TC waiting for him.

At 80, this will be his gearing: http://pwcalc.com/68de916d652d6cde
    Refines are negligible and he may not have the Warsoul. Because he has a pure mag build, I only distribute points every odd level, thus the 5 undistributed points.

I sort of have the opposite going on right now - putting points in Vit, and using gear to boost the 1/2 magic points lost & channeling. And, unlike you, I dont hold back points yet. Granted this helped me get my Str too high early on, but luckily that will work out for me later. Easly enough to strip down before placing my points, especially once any char gets into their 80's (not like ur leveling that fast anymore unless the player is an FC/Heads product).

Those points are like icecream to me. If I have it in the house, Im eating it. xD

EDIT: On the Warsoul - mines 2+4 right now. The original orb sales made the refine cheaper than sockets and decent gems. Something to consider there.
  • Khiren - Lost City
    Khiren - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I've kept a set of pdef and -chan gear for my mystic so far; in my current 7x levels I'm using Sakyamuni's light for the pdef, and I love it. I've sharded a mix of garnets and citrines, so, if I remember correctly (I've just returned, and have been on my sin more), I had over 3k pdef self buffed and around 2.5k hp unbuffed. Not bad for pretty cheap and average gear. C: I'd swap out ornaments depending on what I'm doing or who I'm fighting (PvP wise having the other ornaments is awesome; I've survived an 84 BM coming after me a few times at 71 because of my pdef plus basic PvP skills, and for casters swapping one or both is very handy).

So, like others have said, work on pdef and hp on your build. C: Very helpful all around. Saw you said you had a s akyamuni's light for 70, I mental high-fived you. ;3 I've seen a ton of mystics use TT70s that they bought for more and didn't get any defensive bonus from. I mean. It works, but on casters I'm a pdef ****. ;3
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    So, like others have said, work on pdef and hp on your build. C: Very helpful all around. Saw you said you had a s akyamuni's light for 70, I mental high-fived you. ;3 I've seen a ton of mystics use TT70s that they bought for more and didn't get any defensive bonus from. I mean. It works, but on casters I'm a pdef ****. ;3
    Yeah, I just might swap out the belt for a phys def one soon. I don't see it making that much a difference. It dropped when I went back to tab 39 a few days ago (did FB joint with my wife) and it dropped. I was too psyched not to use it.
    I'm a huge fan of keyblades (thus why I want Beamhoof Slicer instead of r8) and when I saw the phys def on Sakyamuni's, I had to have it. Overall I spent maybe 4mil on it? 500k mold, about the same in mats, 1.95mil on the shards, and like 100 mirages on the refines (but with fairyboxes and a 3.33aps sin **** 2-2, that's nothing :P).
    4. Get FASHION if you don't like the look of R8, Although the R7 pants are still better then R8 pants (imo)
    I have some pretty beast FASHION on him already that cost me WAAAAAAAAAAAAYY more than his gear so far. Sorry, but I like being able to swap to my gear-view and saying "Yeeeeaaahhhh...I'm one smexi-looking ****." I want to be able to walk out of W. Gate in my r7 with my Beamhoof Slicer and make people shoot me a double take thinking "Is EG r9 out finally?!"
    ~Spazz~
  • Cacie - Sanctuary
    Cacie - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2011

You may consider R8, WoCC as you mentioned and the questbelt (Guard of T.). If you can afford it the cube necklace & the lunar ring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]