Anyone up for a lvl 70 PK Tournament?

ULMOS - Archosaur
ULMOS - Archosaur Posts: 142 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Etherblade (West)
I'm just saying, I'd level a toon to 70 and get gear for it.

I'd even be willing to put together and organize something for it here on forums.

Would anyone be willing to participate?
Post edited by ULMOS - Archosaur on

Comments

• BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    hell yes. level 70 would be ok, but magic weapons kinda suck at that level.

should make it 80 or even 85. TT80 gold armor would be awesome, and FC gold weapons? Would be fun but still not too op. And everyone can have 79 skills if they want them (hello? a wizard without sleep in pk? ugh). And aps classes can have fc gold fists + rank top (for archer and sin) and interval wrists (tt80 gold have interval, yea?)

and no pack gear (45 cloudcharger hax - no pan gu tomes - even if made from frags)

nothing above +3 refines.

no shards above flawless/perfects for weapon maybe?

And 85 is awesome too becuase we can spam fc for spirit, dump exp into genies so we can learn skills but still keep lvl 85.

I think i read where another soon to be released mmo will have a pk instance where everyone can walk in and are same level with choice of all skills and maybe choice of gear, so will kinda be like pwi tourney maybe? i dunno.

but I think making 80/85 alts and keeping them there with some agreed upon gear limits would really go a long way to resolve the eternal "skill vs gear" dichotomy perpetually plaguing this game.

Did I just use dichotomy in a forum post?

pro forum poster is pro.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • ULMOS - Archosaur
    ULMOS - Archosaur Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I was thinking level 80, but then I'm not sure how fast people could get alts to that level.

If people get serious then I can draft out a bunch of rules when I have the time... hell, I'm at work reading about the Napoleonic Wars, I think I have time now...

Just off the top of my head:

Any gear up to 80 excluding Warsoul.

Any refinement...

Any class...

Simple?

I mean, gear at that level is not that big of an issue when everyone is the same level. I doubt anyone has uber +'d out gear, and if they do, then they do. I mean, the fact is, at that level, the gear / level ratio (gap) is minimal in comparison to 9X and, of course, 100+.

Unless there are some really faggish cash shoppers out there who would farm TT80 gold and +12 +4 Sock type ****, then the whole 'uber gear' problem is still marginal.

I'm sure there will be some people with gear that stands out, but that's pvp. I don't think we should try to totally destroy that aspect of it, but if people are up for it and agree to that, sure.

If we were to make some uniform rules on gear though, then I'd go along with the suggested.

No refines above 3+
    No shards above Perfects, etc.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think i read where another soon to be released mmo will have a pk instance where everyone can walk in and are same level with choice of all skills and maybe choice of gear, so will kinda be like pwi tourney maybe? i dunno.

gee dubya two

b:victory
    re
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    lol, do you know how many asshats would stash-sneak on their +10-12 nonviewable capes hats and the like just to get an advantage. you'd literally have to have someone in their squad monitoring their hp the entire time
    edited September 2011
    lol, do you know how many asshats would stash-sneak on their +10-12 nonviewable capes hats and the like just to get an advantage. you'd literally have to have someone in their squad monitoring their hp the entire time

The funny think is, I thought of this since I have some good sharded highly refined junk lvl 80 below, just skill bar it and click it.

But then I though if the whole point was for fun, would people really cheat like that?

Yes, I guess they would.

I just thought limiting it might get some actual 8x toons involved too, but who is 8x anymore? 105 rank 9 +12 "just add water" seems to be more common than 8x toons.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Claciusvile - Archosaur
    Claciusvile - Archosaur Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    oooooOOooooooo....lowbie tourney. This would actually be decent...but again....some people do have some high refined lowbie gear (example....wings of cloudcharger or heck.....the new matchless cape).

Wouldn't mind it being npc gear related (not using TT stuff or mold items....just 1-3* items). Seeing as all those items are random adds etc....it might be slightly interesting to see that.

Im up for this either way. Always wanted to try low levelling pking with a psychic or maybe an archer.
    edited September 2011
    +1 Archer

Or maybe a barb? Oh why didn't I pay more attention to BadBoy . . . . .
  • Claciusvile - Archosaur
    Claciusvile - Archosaur Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Never really been a fan of barb gameplay tbh. both in the pve and the pvp mind.

They are good if they are built to be durable....but all in all....if you can't survive the hits....>.>

then again, you could just arma bomb the **** outta things :<
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    if pw aus starts as primitive as my-en was when they opened their new server i'm rolling another pk barb. true emptiness suuuuuup.
  • Metridium - Archosaur
    Metridium - Archosaur Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'd participate as an archer or psychic, provided there were a decent number (by decent, I mean more than 3 or 4) that participated as well, so that we could PK together often.

I wouldn't worry about people cheating unless they started being able to like, 1v4 people or some **** like that.
    edited September 2011
    I wouldn't worry about people cheating unless they started being able to like, 1v4 people or some **** like that.

You've obviously never seen one of my LA wizards . . . .
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Ive had a lvl 74 psy with npc gear for like 6months, I guess I could come on... wth time place is this gonna be anyways?
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • TheTigerTank - Archosaur
    TheTigerTank - Archosaur Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This would be pretty cool. Maybe have somone with a large enough vent to host it? Would make coordination easier and if its squaded or Free-For-All, can have rooms for squads or just main lobby. Also Running NPC gear over Molded stuff "could" be more effective but cheaters will be cheaters no matter what the rules are.

I would totally participate. Get the word out! Woot! b:victory
    b:bye
  • Soochi - Archosaur
    Soochi - Archosaur Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Omg Yes Please.
  • Soochi - Archosaur
    Soochi - Archosaur Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Wouldnt a lvl 80 HA veno with Nix be unfair ? O__O ive seen thou pwn armies solo b:shocked
  • TheTigerTank - Archosaur
    TheTigerTank - Archosaur Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Well hmm i dont have a nix on my lvl 57 veno . . . but i think her herc will due . . . . THEN AGAIN . . . . I did see a nix going for 75mil . . .. b:pleased
    b:bye
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    u guys are going down, my psy has 29 culti done and everything.
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • newagegamer
    newagegamer Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I'm just saying, I'd level a toon to 70 and get gear for it.

I'd even be willing to put together and organize something for it here on forums.

Would anyone be willing to participate?

Name of lvl 70 toon Newagegamer I would defiantly participate and to all those out there reading this I LOVE TO DUEL b:angry if you ever want a challenge and your in the range of 70-80 look me up im always free for a duel or pvp match b:bye
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I would go to that tournament, but i dont have any 70 gear on Tivas.. And im broke in arch also....
  • BigFIuffy - Archosaur
    BigFIuffy - Archosaur Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    good idea, won't work

most of you were not around in 2009 so lemme explain this to you.

You had 3k HP 2k if you were a caster nix's hit you for 1k per bleed tick.

Venos will be kings/queens of lvl 80 pk

Game is Broke

Game was Broke

Game will always be Broke

personally i think it is funny when people say rank 9 broke pk its always been like that. There will always be an OP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Martin - Harshlands
    Martin - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    good idea, won't work

most of you were not around in 2009 so lemme explain this to you.

You had 3k HP 2k if you were a caster nix's hit you for 1k per bleed tick.

Venos will be kings/queens of lvl 80 pk

Game is Broke

Game was Broke

Game will always be Broke

personally i think it is funny when people say rank 9 broke pk its always been like that. There will always be an OP

I totally agree BUT the severity of "Broke" has increased. Other then that, nothing has changed really.

I do have to say though, the fact that a thread like this exists and has backing from active pker's speaks volumes itself. b:bye
    PvE = F2P PvP = P2P