Question

Options
/polIo - Sanctuary66
/polIo - Sanctuary66 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
I am also making a ticket for this, but I wanted to bring this to the attention directly to the horses mouth (aka frankieraye) and any other GMs that may troll this forum.

(If the mods deem that this topic is more suitable for tech support, please move it, although I think its more suited for gameplay)

I understand that PWE is over-anxious to help people powerlevel so they can charge ZEN. Totally get that.

But what about the quests?

Because of 2x event, I am lvl 63. I just wrapped up a lvl 57 quest, and am unable to turn in because my level is too high.

I grinded on these 55 mobs for 10 or so minutes. I'd like my quest reward please >.< I think level caps on quests is absolutely ridiculous, and hinders my gameplay, therefore, is against ToS (which I know is null and void when it comes to the company itself)

Anyway, I just would like to suggest that level caps on quests be removed.
Post edited by /polIo - Sanctuary66 on

Comments

• TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver
    TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    There shouldnt be a quest that you can't turn in because of level...

I know that you can outlevel a quest chain so that you don't get to accept the next part, but I don't think it ever makes it so that you can't turn the quest in...

Are you positive you have all the correct requirements to finish the quest and are at the right npc to turn it in? (Screen shots would be helpful)
  • Camak - Momaganon
    Camak - Momaganon Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's happened to me before, I can't remember the quest or the level that I was when it told me I was too high to be able to get the reward. I accepted the quest some time before I finally got around to doing it - I assume the OP did the same. I just thought "meh" and trashed it as the reward wasn't enough for me to worry over. I agree with the OP that level caps on quest rewards are silly as they're generally going to be so paltry in comparison with your level and they'll at least give you something to do during those times when you're bored!
  • TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver
    TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If that is the case, then that really sucks. I would agree that they need to get rid of quests having level caps or at least fix it so that the cap is higher or that you can always turn in quests you have accepted regardless of level
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I've done quests way below my level and never had that problem ( handing in).

I know some quests do disappear from log after 20 levels ( I think) but OP's case is a first for me.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    fix it so that you can always turn in quests you have accepted regardless of level

It should be this way. Unable to accept some quests due to level cap is fine; unable to turn them in after completion is not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Lord_Mot - Harshlands
    Lord_Mot - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yep, happened to me as well. I had that multi-step treasure map quest and I was a 61 when I finally got around to killing the last set of mobs. Went to turn it in and it gave me the "level too high, unable to complete quest" message. Found out later that it "expires" at lvl 60.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world... those that understand binary and those that don't.b:chuckle
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    People still quest?

Sorry had to say it. Yes that sucks and yes there should be a way to avoid it, but I doubt they will change anything. Can this happen with the Divine Contracts? I only ever did one of those when the EG first came out, but I know they have different NPC and rewards for lvl sets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think this whole subject is a bit pedantic

So dont start quests until you are actually going to do them. This is one of the results of pwr levelling.
  • Camak - Momaganon
    Camak - Momaganon Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think this whole subject is a bit pedantic

So dont start quests until you are actually going to do them. This is one of the results of pwr levelling.

b:chuckle I don't power-level. Unless you count Crazy Stone and BH. I'm just one of these completists who likes to try to do all the quests :P