2 things

Options
OneWingElf - Raging Tide
OneWingElf - Raging Tide Posts: 29 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
1 is anyone else having issue teleporting , every time i teleport to a place on the map my client shuts down, my husband is also having the same issue

2 can we please get 2 extra slots for our toons so we can make 1 of every class without deleting a toon
Post edited by OneWingElf - Raging Tide on

Comments

• jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    UMMM make that 4 extra slots cause new toons coming soon.LOL
  • OneWingElf - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Really new class i guess i am behind on times nice i wounder what they be like
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No, it's just the old P2P version finally getting tideborns. We aren't getting new classes here.

Also, try reducing the distance setting a notch or two. That usually fixes the CTD when you teleport.

if your'e on Windows Vista or 7, set patcher.exe, launcher.exe, and elementclient.exe to run with administrator rights in their compatibility settings.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • OneWingElf - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i already run the game as admin and i still get dced it just close whenever i teleport to a city if i use a teleport stone there no issue only when i talk to the teleporter
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Its you and other 300,000 players getting these errors, yet they blame who? everyone's computer instead of their end.

God, I could have a crossfire / sli and a frigging 50k USD computer and this thing would still error. FIX IT.

How can't an NVidia GTX 550 be not enough for this game when it is enough for other heavier games?, please... even my laptop can run this game and it wont error for idk what reason, probably because its client is 2 years old and my desktop has the recent one. Who knows. My desktop was missing files when I installed it (BGM, anyone? lol.) I'm pretty sure thats not a graphic card issue is it?... dont say it is or I'll puke.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Its you and other 300,000 players getting these errors, yet they blame who? everyone's computer instead of their end.

God, I could have a crossfire / sli and a frigging 50k USD computer and this thing would still error. FIX IT.

How can't an NVidia GTX 550 be not enough for this game when it is enough for other heavier games?, please... even my laptop can run this game and it wont error for idk what reason, probably because its client is 2 years old and my desktop has the recent one. Who knows. My desktop was missing files when I installed it (BGM, anyone? lol.) I'm pretty sure thats not a graphic card issue is it?... dont say it is or I'll puke.

It's because the client is nearly 10 years old, the engine hasn't been updated, and it's CPU-intensive not GPU intensive. Not to mention that it wasn't even designed for multi-core CPU's.
    Ther's also the comon issue of people not properly updating their graphic drivers, or other system drivers, plus differences in their internet connection, home network, and other software on their system.

The simple fact is that for 95% of the population, there is no issue playing at all other than the occasional DC. (which is most frequently cause either my their internet connection, or one of the hops between the player and PWI.
    Another problem is that many people like to try playing on under-rated systems, or systems that are so loaded with bloatware it isn't even funny.

And then we add the new kids with their little netbooks and tablet PC's trying to play on those.

I work in tech support. I troll the forums here too helping people out. They won't fix it because the Dev's that wrote the game got fired long ago. the new dev's don't know the source well enough to re-code it AND everything we get is further being messed with by being translated from Chinese to English.

But even with the bugs in the client, still over 90% of the issues are solved on the User end rather than being an issue with the client.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Then my problem is that I have too much computer for the game? now thats funny. b:chuckle

Win 7 - 64 bt
    8 GB Ram
    Intel i5 4 cores
    2 TB Disk
    Coolermaster case
    Nvidia GTX 550 TI
    A badass power supply think its 800W or something XD
    Updated Nvidia drivers

Hmm only thing i could think about is probably my DirectX 11... but not sure.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • rustyspade
    rustyspade Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!
    And to think ,i was always told ,,chinesse and japaneese where to far superior to other country's , and now i hear they can not fix a simple game ..........
    GOD HELP US ALL
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's because the client is nearly 10 years old, the engine hasn't been updated, and it's CPU-intensive not GPU intensive. Not to mention that it wasn't even designed for multi-core CPU's.
    Ther's also the comon issue of people not properly updating their graphic drivers, or other system drivers, plus differences in their internet connection, home network, and other software on their system.

The client was originally released in 2005. It's so not 10 years old.
    Cpu-intensive? The hell? If the game was that dependent on the cpu it wouldn't run smooth at all.
    Game was designed for single cores, yes.
    And then we add the new kids with their little netbooks and tablet PC's trying to play on those.

I wasn't aware you could run pwi on a tablet, would still be amusing though.
    I work in tech support. I troll the forums here too helping people out. They won't fix it because the Dev's that wrote the game got fired long ago. the new dev's don't know the source well enough to re-code it AND everything we get is further being messed with by being translated from Chinese to English.

Actually, nothing isn't really lost when it's being translated for us. The content is virtually the same, minus the fact our game has english text instead of chinese text, and that pwcn has more content than we do.
    Any problems we have, pwcn has as well (unless it's a very extremely specific problem, which doesn't happen often).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]