Dealing With Rankar

Options
Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Cleric
So I've been doing BH51 quite a bit lately between my Mystic, Cleric and Seeker. Especially since I'm not powerleveling in FF.

About 70% of the time it goes great, and I don't mean only when we have a high level. In fact the best and most enjoyable runs are when we are about the same levels but have a balanced squad.

Yesterday, however, I joined a random squad with a 60s Mystic, lvl 68 Cleric and 3 Sins (I was on my lvl 64 Cleric). I had reservations about a low level Sin tanking but when I saw that the mid 70s Sin had solo cleared most of BH51 mobs with only BP and the 10 minute HP regen pot. I thought, this might work. Besides we had 3 healers.

So we get to Rankar and the lvl 68 Cleric suggested that she BB and I RB. I've never seen that combo done at Rankar and at our levels, but I figured maybe she knows what she is talking about.

Well the "tank" Sin goes in and almost instantly the 68 Cleric dies, before she even does anything. I switch plans and spam IH the Sin "tank" while the Mystic backup heals the others.

To make a long story short we made it but the 68 Cleric died twice and because the 2nd time she didn't have the Mystic res, I was told to res her before Rankar died. Fortunately between the stacked IH and the Mystic heals the Sin Tank survived to the end and miraculously the other 60s Sins only died one time each and could res themselves.

The same Cleric suggested BB and RB on Wyvern, we ignored her and I ended up IH and purifying the Tank, while the Mystic backup healed the others that time it went smoothly. The Cleric tried to BB but didn't have enough Chi, I guess she forgot she had died earlier. *rolleyes*

I found it a rather amusing experience and this time it was a Cleric who was fail and not the Sins.

But my questions are:
- when is it appropriate to use BB and RB on Rankar if ever?
- is there a way to gauge which squishies should stay far away from Rankar due to a one shot kill from his AOE?
Post edited by Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    long time no bh51, but from my personal experience i can tell you this:

1) just don't BB or RB on Rankar...RB really doesn't help all that much (well maybe, but spending that extra minute or two to kill that boss wouldn't hurt anyone)

now i have no idea what the deal with BB is, but i've never had to do it myself/seen anyone do it, and if i were to guess the reason why you shouldn't BB at Rankar is because you can't move while you're BBing, if someone happens to get the boss to move within range of hitting you then what happens? i'm not even sure if BB has enough range to hit that golden spot where everyone in the party recieves heals, but you won't suffer from the AoE
    and there's the long casting time to contend with...your cleric probably died during said casting time
    you could always set up BB beforehand i suppose, but then you'd have to move the boss accordingly, which is always harder than moving yourself

there's just no real benefit to BBing at that boss, ih + chromatic never seems to fail to do the job (...ok, maybe the sins get to use their daggers then, but the risks outweighs the benefits)
    RB is just plain pointless and a real MP drain

2) as a rule of thumb, i would say keep anyone that's not a barb, bm, or seeker away from that thing...i've seen one too many brave and arrogant sins try DDing with daggers on Rankar only to, well, get one-hit (apparently some 6x sins aren't aware of the existance of bows...how much would it hurt to buy a unicorn anyways?)
    you could let them do it if they insist...after all, it's their exp they're losing, but it's ****ing annoying to have to keep rezzing the same stubborn guy

ok i was just basically rambling nonsense, since, again, i haven't been in bh51 for so long that i've forgotten the details of that dungeon, but to summarize this unnecessarily long post:

keep everyone except high levels, barbs, bms, and seekers away from Rankar if you can help it (sins can potentially get 1-hit, seen it happen too many times)

and...
    don't RB or BB at Rankar
    just don't
    ever

tell your sins to get a bow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is What i did at lvl 60-69 there on Rankar (i spammed this BH a lot)

As Duck said NEVER BB or RB on Rankar. U may get interrupted on the worst possible momment.

Rank has 2 AoE. One Long range one (lloks like a ball of fire is coming at ur face) and a really close range AoE which can tear u appart in 1 Hit (my sin hates that). I dont know if its actually one that varies in intensity according to distance. Still the main point is Stay away from him.

Arrange ur Tank (barb BM Seeker , sin) Have him fully buffed and ready. Squishies should be near you in line but not completely next to you. Why ??? if they get aggro , Rank will come at ur place and kill ya.

Tank should spent 1 minute alone to establish aggro and position Rank on a safe place. IH spam the Tank and throw wellsprings on the rest closecombat DDs. If u see that ur tank is fine from spamming, drop 3 IHs on the other close comabt DDs and go on. Have Ur AoE heal ready and use it just when u see the fireballs coming (LVL 3 Chromatic helps here as well as wyvern). make sure u keep maximun range between u and the tank and the squishies are away from him too.

any close combat DD who has HP pots should use them to refrain some stress from ur head.

Dont BB or RB ull get interupted sooner or later

hope i helped b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is What i did at lvl 60-69 there on Rankar (i spammed this BH a lot)

As Duck said NEVER BB or RB on Rankar. U may get interrupted on the worst possible momment.

Rank has 2 AoE. One Long range one (lloks like a ball of fire is coming at ur face) and a really close range AoE which can tear u appart in 1 Hit (my sin hates that). I dont know if its actually one that varies in intensity according to distance. Still the main point is Stay away from him.

Arrange ur Tank (barb BM Seeker , sin) Have him fully buffed and ready. Squishies should be near you in line but not completely next to you. Why ??? if they get aggro , Rank will come at ur place and kill ya.

Tank should spent 1 minute alone to establish aggro and position Rank on a safe place. IH spam the Tank and throw wellsprings on the rest closecombat DDs. If u see that ur tank is fine from spamming, drop 3 IHs on the other close comabt DDs and go on. Have Ur AoE heal ready and use it just when u see the fireballs coming (LVL 3 Chromatic helps here as well as wyvern). make sure u keep maximun range between u and the tank and the squishies are away from him too.

any close combat DD who has HP pots should use them to refrain some stress from ur head.

Dont BB or RB ull get interupted sooner or later

hope i helped b:bye

I agree completely about the interruptions.

Rankar's close AoE is a hard hitting physical skill that has a 10meter 360 radius.
    With about 1.5k p def Youll take an average of about 2k damage, which is a one shot to most pure mages that level.

Rankar doesn't need BB, nor does Wyvern due to the fact it needs purify more.
    It ends up that Rankar + wyvern are like a 1/2 of polearm.
    Amps/axes and has a high hitting aoe close range, should never BB. Plus sins should know to bow that boss down, seeing as how it takes 3/4+ their hp in one shot alot of times.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I agree completely about the interruptions.

Rankar's close AoE is a hard hitting physical skill that has a 10meter 360 radius.
    With about 1.5k p def Youll take an average of about 2k damage, which is a one shot to most pure mages that level.

thanx for clarifing that :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Lafuteria - Sanctuary
    Lafuteria - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I just IH the tank, and CHB the rest of us in the back.
    The Infernal City..
  • X$exyFox - Heavens Tear
    X$exyFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I should say (and I have had a lvl 79 Cleric), only BB at Rankar and Wyvern if you can handle the AoE shots (or if you have a second Cleric healing the first one).
    I know from experience that lvl 60-70 Clerics mostly got very low hp, so then I should say, just IH. But when I helped on my Cleric (lvl 79) I could BB, because I had enough hp to survive the AoE's.
    Or as I said, get a second Cleric who can IH the BBing Cleric. Though you might need a second Cleric too when the first is IHing, because I think IH is in AoE range too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sellyn - Lothranis
    Sellyn - Lothranis Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I should say (and I have had a lvl 79 Cleric), only BB at Rankar and Wyvern if you can handle the AoE shots (or if you have a second Cleric healing the first one).

I would never recommend to use BB on Wyvern, as it needs to purify, mainly if the tank has few HP. b:surrender

I'm sick of seeing this "BB fashion" spreading over, though I admit that healing when all DD's are playing ping-pong is a real pain in the a** ! b:pleased
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I would never recommend to use BB on Wyvern, as it needs to purify, mainly if the tank has few HP. b:surrender

I'm sick of seeing this "BB fashion" spreading over, though I admit that healing when all DD's are playing ping-pong is a real pain in the a** ! b:pleased

You could be right, because I forgot you need to purify. ^^ I think I never needed to do that, maybe BB healed enough.
    And it is indeed very annoying when DDs are ping-ponging, especially Assassins who think they can tank and blame the Cleric when they die are annoying. xd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sellyn - Lothranis
    edited September 2011
    Options
    And it is indeed very annoying when DDs are ping-ponging, especially Assassins who think they can tank and blame the Cleric when they die are annoying. xd
    Oh yes, I know too well what you mean... b:lipcurl
  • Jianqiao - Dreamweaver
    Jianqiao - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You could be right, because I forgot you need to purify. ^^ I think I never needed to do that, maybe BB healed enough.

A level 60-70 tank with a nice HP pool to work with and up-to-date armor can survive just getting IH through the amp. It's somewhat risky and I have seen tanks come close to death a few times but it's definitely possible. I'd still much rather have the cleric purify and take out the risk altogether.

As for the sins, do what I did on my old cleric; each time they whine for a res add another minute to the time it'll take for you to res them.

On an unrelated note, anyone notice that many times when people die then they immediately ***** for a res even when it's obvious that doing so would get other players killed?
  • Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses. It was helpful to get my suspicions confirmed. No BB in BH51 unless high level Cleric and 2nd healer!

Spamming IH and keeping the squishes back seems to be the only real safe solution on Rankar. Also, any heavy class, Barb, BM or Seeker is ten times better than a Sin as a Tank. The exception is when Sins are 80+ with good gear and APS. As a cleric you actually have some breathing room and can spare a moment between IHs to res or AOE heal on a heavy tank.

Although getting a Sin to stay back in BH51 is nigh impossible until they have died a few times. The first time I even saw a sin with a Bow in BH51 was yesterday. You do start to see Sins with bows more often in BH59+.

I need to double check but I'm pretty sure that lvl 10 IH is out of Rankars long range AOE as I don't remember needing to heal myself. Can anyone confirm?
  • Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    A level 60-70 tank with a nice HP pool to work with and up-to-date armor can survive just getting IH through the amp. It's somewhat risky and I have seen tanks come close to death a few times but it's definitely possible. I'd still much rather have the cleric purify and take out the risk altogether.
    Oh, yes I wan't to say that on Wyvern I agree with this. I was on my Seeker a while back and a lvl 75 Mystic healed me just fine through the Amp. So I imagine a decent Cleric could do it too without purify.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    On an unrelated note, anyone notice that many times when people die then they immediately ***** for a res even when it's obvious that doing so would get other players killed?

I KNOW RIGHT :3 That is so annoying! Especially in BH69. DDs die, keep asking for a res, and then I res and the Barb dies. ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HildieGarde - Heavens Tear
    HildieGarde - Heavens Tear Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I KNOW RIGHT :3 That is so annoying! Especially in BH69. DDs die, keep asking for a res, and then I res and the Barb dies. ._.

Well you know, you don't HAVE to listen and do exactly what is requested immediately.

When I'm the main Tank and the Cleric stops healing me to save/res someone else and I end up dying (and often times the squad wipes), it really pisses me off, but I'm usually too polite to be unpleasant to the Cleric even though I'm thinking FAIL Cleric.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Having tanked BH69 several times on my archer and my barb, I can say that it is a pain with DDs dying. It isn't that hard to purify (afaik from healing 69 on my gfs cleric), but when a DD dies the tank also holds responsibility. One, aggro isn't always their fault. A careless sin or archer that doesn't aggro manage sort of deserves to die, but the barb holds responsibility for protecting the cleric while they rez. If I am tanking Pole/Nob I will run away around the lake to give the cleric time to rez+heal+rebuff. And if one doesn't feel like doing that Invoke+Hp pots should do the trick lol. The cleric just needs to make sure that purify takes priority over rez.

And on the subject of 51, a mystic can solo heal it fine if they leveled their heals. I still believe mystic is primarily a healing class and a well played mystic can make a run go smoother than a poor cleric, even without buffs of any kind.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses. It was helpful to get my suspicions confirmed. No BB in BH51 unless high level Cleric and 2nd healer!

Spamming IH and keeping the squishes back seems to be the only real safe solution on Rankar. Also, any heavy class, Barb, BM or Seeker is ten times better than a Sin as a Tank. The exception is when Sins are 80+ with good gear and APS. As a cleric you actually have some breathing room and can spare a moment between IHs to res or AOE heal on a heavy tank.

Although getting a Sin to stay back in BH51 is nigh impossible until they have died a few times. The first time I even saw a sin with a Bow in BH51 was yesterday. You do start to see Sins with bows more often in BH59+.

I need to double check but I'm pretty sure that lvl 10 IH is out of Rankars long range AOE as I don't remember needing to heal myself. Can anyone confirm?

...I don't know why everyone is saying that sins should be using a bow against rankar. Sure if the sin has crappy gear this is true, but then if they can't afford up to date armor they probably don't have a bow either. You can BB at fush, I always did because I was being lazy. As for rankar, you should just use an IH stack on the tank and CHB. If you have a squishy in the party, ih stack the tank 3-4 times, throw the squishy an ih, and then chb. That one little ih should be able to hold most of them through the time it takes you to channel chb. Never BB at wyrvern, as he has a debuff you'll need to purify. Have any assassin in party use chill of the deep just after rankar dies, that way they won't pull aggro and it will wear off at either bout 3/4 of the hp remaining on wyrv (meaning the tank has well established aggro) or just after wyrv falls which means it won't interrupt the rest of their gameplay. That last part is important because thats one of the reasons a lot of them won't turn it on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited September 2011
    Options
    And on the subject of 51, a mystic can solo heal it fine if they leveled their heals. I still believe mystic is primarily a healing class and a well played mystic can make a run go smoother than a poor cleric, even without buffs of any kind.

I think Mystics are a kind of fail Clerics, the only reason why I like them in BH69 is for their Vital Herb thingy. :p
    It is really useful, so the Cleric can focus on the Tank and the Mystics heals the DDs and Cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Another tip is to have the tank turn wyrvern into the corner against the wall. He has a cone shaped aoe, which means it has reduced damage behind him.

This isn't true any more. From the wiki:
    He has a long range single target magic attack, melee attacks, and a strong AoE physical attack. This AoE attack is not directional. Do not position the boss between the cleric and the tanker. The AoE, which has a radius of about 24 meters, will still reach out behind the boss. Turning the boss only brings the cleric closer. If the tank is between the cleric and the boss, the cleric may potentially stay out of AoE range.

Wyvern will also use an attack that curses the tank (increases damage taken by 20%). This debuff should be purified immediately.

So yes, a maxed IH for your level should keep you out of range. You'll get an extra meter or two by having the tank between you and the boss as well. Running in for purify may put you in danger depending on how high you've leveled it but it shouldn't be difficult to run in a couple steps and run out a couple steps if you can't handle the AoE.

Honestly, the best way to deal with the AoE is for barbs, BMs, sins, and every other class who has an interrupt skill to stop being lazy. Wyvern's AoE can be cancelled and has a standard rhythm that can easily be predicted. The AoE is always a stomp from both front paws and there are always the same amount of attacks between them. (Either 4 or 5, it's been awhile since I was there and tanking that one.)
  • XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear
    XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    When I went into BH51, I was the boss.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Even being asked to BB Rankar, I never do it. Just pure silliness.

When I have a conventional tank (barb), I check his gear and HP before asking if he wants BB or IH/purify on Wyv. Sometimes they ask for BB since BB's 50% damage decrease out-weighs Curse's 20% damage increase.

In most other situations (BM, Seeker, Sin tanks), I check their gear and HP, then ask if they've ever tanked Wyv/Rankar before. If they tell me no, then IH/purify. If they tell me yes, I ask them how (some say in BB, other say they cleric IH/purified).

*Shrug* That's just me.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This isn't true any more. From the wiki:

So yes, a maxed IH for your level should keep you out of range. You'll get an extra meter or two by having the tank between you and the boss as well. Running in for purify may put you in danger depending on how high you've leveled it but it shouldn't be difficult to run in a couple steps and run out a couple steps if you can't handle the AoE.

Honestly, the best way to deal with the AoE is for barbs, BMs, sins, and every other class who has an interrupt skill to stop being lazy. Wyvern's AoE can be cancelled and has a standard rhythm that can easily be predicted. The AoE is always a stomp from both front paws and there are always the same amount of attacks between them. (Either 4 or 5, it's been awhile since I was there and tanking that one.)

.... Of course that's a bug they decide to fix. >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you have a 90+ Cleric, you could BB on rankar and wyvern. I remember helped lowbie squads with bh51 and had no problems keeping everyone alive while ganking those bosses (except when rankar interrupted BB >.<).

But if you can't get a high level cleric, then stick to the old fashioned way, even if they told you to BB, chances are you all gonna get wiped at first AoE.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think Mystics are a kind of fail Clerics, the only reason why I like them in BH69 is for their Vital Herb thingy. :p
    It is really useful, so the Cleric can focus on the Tank and the Mystics heals the DDs and Cleric.

I somewhat agree. Their heals are still competent enough to get through bh (my brother's mystic is only 69 so I have yet to tank 69 with him healing it) but a mystic that knows how to heal can help the squad out quite alot. I've done plenty of BHs just with my barb buffs and some archer buffs as the only buffs in squad. It is definitely tougher, but not impossible. It's just that a majority of mystics do not know how to play their class properly and instead play it like a solo veno when in a squad, which means the run won't go well.

Conversely, I believe mystic is making newer clerics lazier. I've met a few that didn't want to go without a mystic in squad and had trouble solo healing instances due to the vast amount of mystics leveling (if I had to guess, my server's low level class distribution is around 80%+ sins/claw BMs and then like 15% EGs and 5% other).

But I agree. Cleric buffs are invaluable and I'd much rather take a cleric over a mystic if I had the choice of a healer.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I somewhat agree. Their heals are still competent enough to get through bh (my brother's mystic is only 69 so I have yet to tank 69 with him healing it) but a mystic that knows how to heal can help the squad out quite alot. I've done plenty of BHs just with my barb buffs and some archer buffs as the only buffs in squad. It is definitely tougher, but not impossible. It's just that a majority of mystics do not know how to play their class properly and instead play it like a solo veno when in a squad, which means the run won't go well.

Conversely, I believe mystic is making newer clerics lazier. I've met a few that didn't want to go without a mystic in squad and had trouble solo healing instances due to the vast amount of mystics leveling (if I had to guess, my server's low level class distribution is around 80%+ sins/claw BMs and then like 15% EGs and 5% other).

But I agree. Cleric buffs are invaluable and I'd much rather take a cleric over a mystic if I had the choice of a healer.

I love going with mystics for the rez buff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited September 2011
    Options

I love going with mystics for the rez buff.

When I was on my Cleric, I HATED when a Mystic came in a squad and tried to heal. I mean, just DD! Healing is MY job, you know and get your hands off it. ;3
    ...Although their res buff on me wasn't that bad when there wasn't a second Cleric in squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sellyn - Lothranis
    edited September 2011
    Options
    When I was on my Cleric, I HATED when a Mystic came in a squad and tried to heal. I mean, just DD! Healing is MY job, you know and get your hands off it. ;3
    ...Although their res buff on me wasn't that bad when there wasn't a second Cleric in squad.

When I'm in squad in Cleric, I try not to heal, unless the cleric is in difficulty. Just putting plants now and then to facilitate his work. And that's what I like about mystic class: no cleric => just try to heal as best as I can, even if I can't be as good as a cleric in some (most of) cases ; one cleric with me=> great! I can concentrate on DD and help healing if needed. Every case is different, and it goes the same with every class, people in squad just have to adapt to the present situation and play accordingly, and that's what is funny.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    When I'm in squad in Cleric, I try not to heal, unless the cleric is in difficulty. Just putting plants now and then to facilitate his work. And that's what I like about mystic class: no cleric => just try to heal as best as I can, even if I can't be as good as a cleric in some (most of) cases ; one cleric with me=> great! I can concentrate on DD and help healing if needed. Every case is different, and it goes the same with every class, people in squad just have to adapt to the present situation and play accordingly, and that's what is funny.

Of course "behaviour" is different for every person, but I meant the Mystics who are healing without being asked for it and those who are trying to be better than the Cleric. :p
    I just love Mystics DDing, I've never had a high lvl Mystic, but I assume they hit pretty good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Depends on how the aoe hurts your HP and the barbs or who ever tanking, If it takes a nice chunk of HP and your not charmed or HP food I'd strongly suggest BB. But if not it's best imo to Hot key spam IH and Purfy unless the squad QQ's too much. If thats the case just tell em to **** and let me play my game xD
  • XXxNami - Sanctuary
    XXxNami - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You say, if a sin go to bh51, get a bow.b:chuckle
    And barbs, bms, seekers are 10 times better tanks then sins in bh51?

My sin tanked all the time her bh51, bec. no barbs was. She couldn't hold aggro, when had seeker, and used vortex.

Its right, wyvern was hard, but if was 2 healer, i mean 1 cleric and an other healer (cleric or mystic), that was a little help to survive wyvern.b:embarrass
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You say, if a sin go to bh51, get a bow.b:chuckle
    And barbs, bms, seekers are 10 times better tanks then sins in bh51?

My sin tanked all the time her bh51, bec. no barbs was. She couldn't hold aggro, when had seeker, and used vortex.

Its right, wyvern was hard, but if was 2 healer, i mean 1 cleric and an other healer (cleric or mystic), that was a little help to survive wyvern.b:embarrass

If you absolutely must have two clerics to tank something that doesn't normally require two healers eg wyrvern, you aren't a proper tank and actually are a waste of space since two dds who know how to control aggro would have dealt more damage than your like 1.82 aps max sin. Learn to use your skills and control your aggro. :P Well your 95 now, so I suppose it doesn't matter and you could easily be a proper tank now. But still, DDs should definitely learn to control aggro if they can't handle tanking alone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous: