will aus and nz become banned countries?

Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear
Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
Licensing "Perfect World II" to Australia

In September 2011, Perfect World signed an agreement with Cyber Gaming Pty Ltd. ("Cyber Gaming") to license "Perfect World II" to Australia. "Perfect World II" is a 3D MMORPG launched in Mainland China in 2006 by Perfect World, and has since been successfully launched in dozens of countries and territories throughout Asia, Europe and North America.

Licensing "Perfect World II" to New Zealand

In September 2011, Perfect World signed an agreement with its overseas partner to license "Perfect World II" to New Zealand

this was posted on the website here as pwe bussiness news.
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/perfect-world-announces-recent-business-developments-130412613.html

i was hoping a gm would give us a better idea of whats going on, after 3 years have i been sold out?
Post edited by Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Magna - Harshlands
    Magna - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I don't think PWE would deliberately cut off a market that they already have players in.

(Then again, if they are forced to, that would be a different matter...)

I really didn't expect PW to get licensed for Australia/New Zealand. I've rarely seen anything like this specifically towards Australia, let alone New Zealand (that's me).
    Who knows, it might be interesting. I wonder what the support and cash shop will be like.
    Then again, I can't even find an english website for this at the moment...
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I don't think PWE would deliberately cut off a market that they already have players in.

(Then again, if they are forced to, that would be a different matter...)

I really didn't expect PW to get licensed for Australia/New Zealand. I've rarely seen anything like this specifically towards Australia, let alone New Zealand (that's me).
    Who knows, it might be interesting. I wonder what the support and cash shop will be like.
    Then again, I can't even find an english website for this at the moment...

There were some official server that didn't even included in sites list, maybe because most of them are in small country or infamous country ? Let say BOI people would think that BOI only exist as NA and CN version, but there another licensed ID version. b:laugh

The game server and site it self may appear month or year later, because publisher didn't have to release it right away. Region ban rules may apply right away, but not for every official server. Hope op didn't get region ban rules. b:laugh (your publisher must be nice)

Sorry for bad english.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    There is a perfect world and a perfect world II apparently. No idea which one we play tbh, maybe II is genesis expansion?

But if people from NZ and australia are going to be effected here, i'd be majorly pissed off. I'm from europe but many friends here are from NZ and australia. So it will greatly effect me and many others who befriended people from those regions. Will also effect guilds. My TW guild is partly lead by aussies and one from NZ.

Not only will people from NZ and australia lose a lot of friends, there's also all the money and hard work people put into this game, will that be taken away just like that?

If PWI wants to lose a lot more people, then this is a very good method.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
    edited September 2011
    We are playing Perfect World II or F2P version. b:victory
    Wanmei site write it as w2i.

Perfect World original are the unfinished P2P version.
    (PW II = Unfinished PW I b:laugh)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear
    Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ive gone so far as to submit a ticket asking if im about to become a banned region. lets hope i didnt inform pwi about something thats news to them.
  • jessabomb11
    jessabomb11 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So what your saying is that because I live in Aus, theres a chance I might be banned from playing in the future? Why? How is being in Australia a problem? I dont understand b:puzzled
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If they actually did go ahead with this, I would be so majorly pissed off. Words would not describe the utter rage and hatred I would feel. Would be 2yrs+ of my life wasted on a kinda crappy game. If they did this-- I'd kayak across the ocean to California or wherever the PWI headquaters are and personally punch whichever idiot implemented this in the face. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
    edited September 2011
    About the region ban rules... i am not sure who decide to implement it... b:chuckle

PWe / Wanmei
    or
    The license buyer

I think it was the license buyer.... or the license have pack selection : b:chuckle
    1. No region ban rules license = publisher didn't get all customer from their region

2. License with region ban rules = publisher got all customer from their region

The quote above shouldn't be taken seriously. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You can be pretty damn sure that a pwi for only oceania is going to be madly fail. All cash shoppers who play 2+ years here won't start over from scratch on a different server. And the remaining potential playerbase will suck donkey bawls. Europe (french and german speaking parts) has a much much bigger population compared to oceania, and look how freaking ded the eu server is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • b1zzzzz
    b1zzzzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Even if they ban Aus like they did with Russia . Accounts that have been registered before wont get banned thats for sure
  • EscapeFate - Dreamweaver
    EscapeFate - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I sincerely hope that doesn't happen. I would be majorly annoyed. Put a lot of work into this game and made so many good friends =/ I would be royally peeved off.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If they actually did go ahead with this, I would be so majorly pissed off. Words would not describe the utter rage and hatred I would feel. Would be 2yrs+ of my life wasted on a kinda crappy game. If they did this-- I'd kayak across the ocean to California or wherever the PWI headquaters are and personally punch whichever idiot implemented this in the face. b:angry

hate to break it to you, but the time you have already spent on PWI is wasted. no matter what happens in the future, you can no get back the past. there is no point where all your hard work pays off and you can sit back and be content with your MMO-self.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Good question, I play with plenty of Australians on HT and would hate to see them unable to play the characters they invested time and money in. Will have Frankie look into it ASAP.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Good question, I play with plenty of Australians on HT and would hate to see them unable to play the characters they invested time and money in. Will have Frankie look into it ASAP.

TY Shelly. Interested to know the reply as there is a good number of Aussies in one of the factions I'm in. =\
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • SK_Takeuchi - Archosaur
    SK_Takeuchi - Archosaur Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    REFUND my THOUSANDS of DOLLARS if they BANNED AUSTRALIA... ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Former Leader of Sleeping Forest....
    Descendant from heaven...

SKY KING: Takeuchi Sora
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Relax, guys. Even if the countries are region banned, previously made accounts should be safe (same as with Russian region ban).
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Wait, if Aus server is newly created, does that mean it will go through the expansion process a couple version updates a week? As in, vanilla PWI for at least a year? Wonder if they will ban US players trying to connect to Aus server....
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Streuth I bloody hope not mate...

But seriously, imagine an Aussie server

WC: Hello, hello, is anyone else on tonight?

(no answer)

...although there wouldnt be much lag b:chuckle
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Streuth I bloody hope not mate...

But seriously, imagine an Aussie server

WC: Hello, hello, is anyone else on tonight?

(no answer)

...although there wouldnt be much lag b:chuckle
    I would so play an aussie server if it wasn't littered with 105s and overpowered gear in cash shop (I'm american) I would rather start over on equal footing than be trying to play catch-up on the current ones
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    I can see it now, MageMERC bounding across the empty landscape on his Kangaroo mount whilstling 'Waltzing Matilda"

...until out of nowhere a giant lvl ? Drop Bear lands on his head .....

And I wondered where all the Aussie's were. I seriously get the impression that there's very few of us on HL.

With all my chars, accounts, banks full of stuff etc, if we were suddenly banned, that would be it for me. No way I'd start from scratch after 2+ years.

Except maybe if the company gave us a reasonable in-game coin compensation for everything we have on hand, then I might. Imagine starting a fresh char with couple hundred million in the bank. Guess Id just roll a sin straight up and get to 100 asap.

Just for the record KrittyCat "previously made accounts should" doesnt make us feel any better - something like "previously made accounts will definately..." is what we are looking for.
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Would definately be annoying if it happened as I have alot of work invested in my character, and I dont think that any compensation on a new server would be able to make up for not being able to continue playing with my friends, plus ensuring I could get the gear I had in a reasonable amount of time (I have a full nirvana armor char, and my friend from NZ has 2 rank9 chars that we worked on together), that and I would still be on a server with icesmoke and taarloor (which would possibly be even more dissapointing lol)

there is a few aussies on HL but I think the majority are on the older servers
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    yeah it would really suck, please dont do this to us PWI
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Relax Guys, the previous company history if followed at all, is usually allow current customers to keep their accounts but stop new accounts from being created. I don't imagine they would change that suddenly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Adromada - Raging Tide
    Adromada - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:laugh if it did happen and country got blocked and banned, at least i would save my money coz its pretty hard to save money here in nz.
    The universe is made of Twelve particles of matter, Four forces of nature, The world is a dynamic mess Of Jiggling things.
  • Adromada - Raging Tide
    Adromada - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    "Perfect World" Expansion Pack
    "Glory Renaissance"

On September 15, 2011, Perfect World released the expansion pack "Glory Renaissance" for "Perfect World," the Company's 3D adventure and fantasy MMORPG. This expansion pack introduces new story plots and skills for its new class and professions. A new instance and several beautiful scenes are also included in the expansion pack, adding more exciting elements into the game.

Whats this all about, is it the chinese version or something.
    The universe is made of Twelve particles of matter, Four forces of nature, The world is a dynamic mess Of Jiggling things.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yes, I suppose PW-CN got this expansion. It'll probably hit here late summer 2012. Anyone else have some valid info on this ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ive gone so far as to submit a ticket asking if im about to become a banned region. lets hope i didnt inform pwi about something thats news to them.

I LOLed IRL

ty b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Relax Guys, the previous company history if followed at all, is usually allow current customers to keep their accounts but stop new accounts from being created. I don't imagine they would change that suddenly.

Well, assuming that is the case, better make alt accounts just in case!

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I had the same question about an spanish speaking pwi, got the same answer and a "no other pwi versions are to be discussed in forums" reply, and didnt get the answer from a good source.

But it would be plain idiotic to ban everyone whenever someone decides to release a new version.

Same thing happenes on other game, I was playing the global version then some colombian company opened another version in spanish, we didnt get banned, but we did have the option to get the same toon we had in the other version "migration" allowing the global version to delete the toons / accounts by migrating it to the new version.

But, it was just an option, I didn't take it :P Oh and that spanish version closed after a year of fail developing / updates / translation / lack of people b:laugh
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Licensing "Perfect World II" to Australia

In September 2011, Perfect World signed an agreement with Cyber Gaming Pty Ltd. ("Cyber Gaming") to license "Perfect World II" to Australia. "Perfect World II" is a 3D MMORPG launched in Mainland China in 2006 by Perfect World, and has since been successfully launched in dozens of countries and territories throughout Asia, Europe and North America.

Licensing "Perfect World II" to New Zealand

In September 2011, Perfect World signed an agreement with its overseas partner to license "Perfect World II" to New Zealand

this was posted on the website here as pwe bussiness news.
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/perfect-world-announces-recent-business-developments-130412613.html

i was hoping a gm would give us a better idea of whats going on, after 3 years have i been sold out?

Australia and New Zealand will not become banned countries for our version, don't worry :)