Catch of the Day

Sheshka - Raging Tide
Sheshka - Raging Tide Posts: 92 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Venomancer
I love playing a venomancer! I love the variety of pets you can tame and have fight alongside you. But...do you ever get the feeling you are a carbon copy of every other venomancer you've ever seen? You know, every other venomancer you see has the same 4-5 pets and every now and then you see one with that fancy all class pet you want that makes you green with envy.

Well yeah, this is a game and characters can only stand out so much. Obviously we all want the very best pets to keep with us. But I'm wondering if there are a few others out there who like to experiment with pets you don't see with just any venomancer? The few you might catch a glimpse of and say to yourself wtf kind of pet is that?

My two favorite pets are my Seamonster Guardian (I do see these with other players on very rare occasions) and my Neolithic Wolf. I've never seen another venomancer with a Neolithic. So I'm curious to see if other venos have favorite pets outside the list of pets 'everyone' uses. So no magmite/walkers, all class, herc and nix.
Post edited by Sheshka - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Conalll - Archosaur
    Conalll - Archosaur Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well, I've settled on the Wooden Wolfmaster as my "for fun" pet. I use him for general grinding and when I'm just in a mood for fun.

Plus I went for a foxwing for my air pet. Not sure that counts, but it's something.
    "Impatience walks with disaster." My own phrase.

"Let the winds of winter come. I fear not famine, nor blizzard, nor an army of predators. For I am wolf. My power is matched by the many that stand beside me. Come what may. I have faced it before, and it has yet to touch me." *The Alpha's Warning*
  • Sheshka - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    That's n interesting one.

Out of curiosity which kind of foxwing? I've seen maybe 3 types.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I used to have a Neolithic Wolf. Now it's in my bank due to pet bag issues, not enough space for it. It was a thing between me and my friends two years ago, before some of them quit. We all had a Neolithic Wolf named after the days of the week. This little joke even extended to my faction at the time. My wolf was Sunday.

I've had a variety of pets and played around with many but in the end I had to stick with a few practical ones. Also because it gets tiring if you have to get every single pet up to your level. I already have two that need to reach 100 like my two main. Or four if I decide to train them all x_x
    I have a Ninetails Firefox (found at lvl85) as the "for fun" pet. It's not bad at all, good skill set, decent attack but suffers in defences and hp greatly. It's a really pretty pet though. It's good for screenshots,too

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Flubble_Fox - Dreamweaver
    Flubble_Fox - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    my mastiff of the great divide gets a bit of attention when i'm out with him b:shocked
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have a Molten Ant Soldier { name : Arnold} (FB 19 Human golden Ant in final room) He is in the bank ( damn cage issues) however he was a great little guy , good dmg , balanced diffences and he killed things quite fast (well better than a bear for example) I still like him though.

Also i use a frogling a lot , it is a more common sight (ohh the irony , he is a rare mob but oh well) But many venos underestimate the little green critter b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • tfi3f
    tfi3f Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    my mastiff of the great divide gets a bit of attention when i'm out with him b:shocked

I have to wonder if there's some kind of innuendo in there b:thanks
    Valhalla disband. That is all \o/

"The thing about winners is... they get to write the history books, and they get to analyze everything from high atop their winner's perch.

Doesn't matter what the circumstances are." -- Burnout, Harshlands, Wizard.
  • Atraieu - Sanctuary
    Atraieu - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have an Icewave Siren that I use for grinding. Got her when I was new, now she is level 71. I always get attention when she is out.

:D
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    most of venos have same pets, because they all looking at skills, not the looks.
    i have ninetailed firefox which is not so common, atleast in lost city.
    i wish they make mobs from heaven and hell tamable, so i can get blue ninetails
    but i doubt that will ever happen.
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    having to see the overclocked mechrab wind himself up still makes me crack up b:chuckle
    ...had him when i hit 40 a few months back and was my fave tank pet after my walker and magmite.

b:surrender had to boot him out though because of pet bag issues
  • Sheshka - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    The Pet Bag spaces are a big pain in the butt as far as maintaining a variety of pets for those interested in doing so. Really makes me want to buy Zen for that Super Cage. I wish we had gotten a few more tamable pets with the Earthguard expansion like we did with the Tideborn.

Obviously I'm not high enough level to seen Heaven and Hell areas but I have seen screenies and some tamable pets from there would be cool too.

I just found the NPC that sells pet skills in Arch so I'm going to have to skill my Seamonster Guardian. It seems like that NPC is never alluded to so most newer players don't know they can skill their pets.
  • Olivia_Munn - Sanctuary
    Olivia_Munn - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    most of venos have same pets, because they all looking at skills, not the looks.
    i have ninetailed firefox which is not so common, atleast in lost city.
    i wish they make mobs from heaven and hell tamable, so i can get blue ninetails
    but i doubt that will ever happen.

That reminds me, speaking of mobs you wish were tamable...I'd love to be able to tame Ofo!!! <3
  • WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver
    WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    That reminds me, speaking of mobs you wish were tamable...I'd love to be able to tame Ofo!!! <3

I can haz this? I would LOVE to pop ths guy out below the Head Hunter platform! b:laugh

2011-03-3115-10-47.jpg
  • Queelen - Sanctuary
    Queelen - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    On my old Veno before Tideborn came out I used a Crystalline Magmite as tank and hated every second of it's existence. It was slow, big and ugly looking. Everyone praises it's great phys def and high HP but in reality after lvl 40 it was less and less useful as mobs used way more and stronger magic attacks which always brought the magmite close to death.

Now with this new char the first thing I did after finishing the Veno quest was taming one of those adorable bright-orange astral beetles outside of LC. I'm using him as a main tank ever since. b:kiss High overall def, average att. Perfect tank. Never saw anyone running around with one though.

My air pet is the ye olde sawfly but I had choosen her not just because of stats but because of looks too. I like insects. Water pet is the usual turtle but I leveled up an arrowfish too which I disliked. I also have a frog, a grounddigger (those pangolin-like things in Tideborn area) and planning to get a lil bear. Planning to experiment with a molten ant, mecha-crab and a great mastiff later on as well.
  • birdconure00
    birdconure00 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well, aside for the standard pets for stats (glacial walker, petite sawfly, etc) my favorite tamable pets are the wolf based ones. I currently have a bitter wolf in my pet bag (chose that one over others because of its bluish color) and even though its under-leveled compared to my character, I still use it on various quests. Oh, and my foxwing; pink flying fox for the win :)
  • Sheshka - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    On my old Veno before Tideborn came out I used a Crystalline Magmite as tank and hated every second of it's existence. It was slow, big and ugly looking. Everyone praises it's great phys def and high HP but in reality after lvl 40 it was less and less useful as mobs used way more and stronger magic attacks which always brought the magmite close to death.

Now with this new char the first thing I did after finishing the Veno quest was taming one of those adorable bright-orange astral beetles outside of LC. I'm using him as a main tank ever since. b:kiss High overall def, average att. Perfect tank. Never saw anyone running around with one though.

My air pet is the ye olde sawfly but I had choosen her not just because of stats but because of looks too. I like insects. Water pet is the usual turtle but I leveled up an arrowfish too which I disliked. I also have a frog, a grounddigger (those pangolin-like things in Tideborn area) and planning to get a lil bear. Planning to experiment with a molten ant, mecha-crab and a great mastiff later on as well.

Kudos on discovering a new tanker pet. I still don't have a water pet, probably because the Vampyric Thresher Lord is non-tamable. lol
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    unless they add more water quests or some daily quests under water, water pet is useless.
    i tame any when i have water quest, then remove it later. after 85 i got celestial plumpfish, but since on later lvls u dont need water pet i replace it. where u can use it is, bh69 if u kill that boss in water and culti quest on lvl 99 if ur sage, but also that mini boss u gotta kill is at top of water so u might aswell kill it with nix. so i replace my water pet with some pet which i can actually use.
  • Cyilvanis - Sanctuary
    Cyilvanis - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I use an awesome blue oddfoot king. 83
    Server: Sanctuary
    Cyilvanis - 3x Veno
    Lunaresse - 2x Psychic
    Cereisse - 2x Mystic
    Chandelyre - 2x Wizard
    SatanicBlood - 58 Veno (Retired; Never Forgotten)
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i like to summon my ninetail firefox, when i'm in sz ofc b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have a Soft Cactopod that I often use. Tamed it just for fun long ago. It was a better pet than I expected.
    My main pet is the frog
    And I still have my Abysmal Turtle. It's level 87 now
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    baby bear ofc is always been my fav its so cute. but aside from that i use the horse (night walker?) from tide born area. and another cute one is those chicken(forgot wut they're called) from fb59 in the drake/fire path. my friend has the red one she named it "bigcock" i have the blue one i named it "lilcock". we soloed fb59 together one day and decided to catch em and name them that XD. lol its actually quite fun walking around with them. i wanted the big one =.= it already has lvl 3 bash on it the blue one has only lvl 2. they are fast but squishy. but so funy to look at lol the way they run.
  • birdconure00
    birdconure00 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Kudos on discovering a new tanker pet. I still don't have a water pet, probably because the Vampyric Thresher Lord is non-tamable. lol

I know!! When I saw the vampyric thresher lord I was sooo disappointed that it was not tamable, it looks soo cool.
    I have a Soft Cactopod that I often use. Tamed it just for fun long ago. It was a better pet than I expected.
    My main pet is the frog
    And I still have my Abysmal Turtle. It's level 87 now

The only reason that I have a water pet is because I keep dying on water based quests due to my lousy defense, of course my abysmal turtle is like only lvl 20 while my character is lvl 50 0_0...need to lvl grind that pet to get back to those water quests.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I know!! When I saw the vampyric thresher lord I was sooo disappointed that it was not tamable, it looks soo cool.

The only reason that I have a water pet is because I keep dying on water based quests due to my lousy defense, of course my abysmal turtle is like only lvl 20 while my character is lvl 50 0_0...need to lvl grind that pet to get back to those water quests.

From what I remember from my old veno, no one grinds water pets below lvl 85 because of the huge gap in level ranges between your water pet and the mobs above its current level. If the mobs you and your pet are killing is too high above the pet's level, exp for your pet is nerfed. Others here can explain it better I guess but for practical purposes, just tame a water pet from the quest area you need to complete and work with that. You should be ok from there.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    From what I remember from my old veno, no one grinds water pets below lvl 85 because of the huge gap in level ranges between your water pet and the mobs above its current level. If the mobs you and your pet are killing is too below the pet's level, exp for your pet is nerfed. Others here can explain it better I guess but for practical purposes, just tame a water pet from the quest area you need to complete and work with that. You should be ok from there.

Fixed for ya.

And right now I have a Glacial Seed to use for showing off and I plan to get one of those giant shield guys xD. The Glacial Seed looks weird, like some kind of Heartless from KH. b:shocked
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Fixed for ya.

And right now I have a Glacial Seed to use for showing off and I plan to get one of those giant shield guys xD. The Glacial Seed looks weird, like some kind of Heartless from KH. b:shocked

More like a Nobody IMO.

I used the starter wolf until I hit lvl 17, then I went to Raging Tide and tamed a Gnome Saboteur(aka Fen Graverobber) Jareth is now lvl 90, and has been my main pet ever since. I used a Riverside Tuskmoor(Amazing tank for a non-golem) for a while when Jareth wasn't capable of tanking something, but once I hit around 70ish I kinda stopped using him since it was getting tougher to keep more than one pet lvled. I also have a lvl 88 Scorpiontail Voodooist I use for pulling occasionally, and a Mistrealm Gargantuan I use to freak people out in low lvl instances.
  • Atashimajin - Sanctuary
    Atashimajin - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I remember using that hog/pig thing found near the edge of Dragon Wilderness that was around lvl 30. Looked funny and I used it for a while to mess around in low lvl FBs. b:laugh
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have a cactopod that i tamed in eden just for a ranged pet to use on heads...I ended up falling in love with him. he's great for luring has decent attack and he makes funny sounds that makes my squads laugh. his name is "Head" xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I remember using that hog/pig thing found near the edge of Dragon Wilderness that was around lvl 30. Looked funny and I used it for a while to mess around in low lvl FBs. b:laugh
    it's one of my fav too, but i don't have cage for it now QQ

also remembered that i like to call up my ninetailed in nirvana right after last boss dies. it entertains party a bit xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Kariae - Heavens Tear
    Kariae - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    quite a few of the earthguard mobs and the cute little rams :3