Its GBA Boss Soloable?

SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Assassin
I was wondering if that thing is soloable?
I was in squad today with a 5 aps Sage BM(9k Hp),Barb(15k),Me(8k Hp/3.33 aps),Cleric(6k Hp)and he wiped our poor *** 4 times before we gave up.
BM told me that he basically got 1-hitted after being purged-sealed-amp/damaged.

So I was wondering if there's some way for a Sin to solo that,since buffs does not count and since this boss does EVERYTHING possible:
- Purges
- Reduce P.Def
- Reduce Max Hp
- Amp Damage
- Stun
- Seal

He just miss sleep I think lol and then he does everything.

Note
If the answer is R9+JOSD and all +10 Gear I'll take that as a No.
WTB>More Fash
Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
Post edited by SoulRequiem - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If the answer is R9+JOSD and all +10 Gear I'll take that as a No.

R9 JOSD with all +10 Gear? That's very August 2011. Stop being such a noob.

b:cute
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011

lol HA claw sin / no comment

So basically I was right thinking that without an overpowered there is no way to solo that boss.

This is both a good and a bad thing,but even in squad,I think he's still too much of crazyness.
    WTB>More Fash
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • zoro31
    zoro31 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ok so as to be soloable, yes, by a sin yes too, im myself a 5 aps bm with barely 6k hp, and i have played with a sin with around 7k hp 5 aps, either of them i can do it with a cleric, its not hard, a barb friend told me he could solo it as long as he timed his sparks to resist the debuffs, also know a sage sin with around 10k hp and 4 aps that soloes him <.<; so yeah he can be soloed, worth it? maybe not unless u do it very fast and u get good drops, hope this works
  • Rice_hero - Lost City
    Rice_hero - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    3-1 yea, just annoying if lag
    3-2 not worth it, drop sucks
    3-3 possibly, but way too annoying, need luck, experience, no lag, and multiple domains/immune pots ready, also very doable if you're multi clienting b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So basically I was right thinking that without an overpowered there is no way to solo that boss.

This is both a good and a bad thing,but even in squad,I think he's still too much of crazyness.

*facepalm* Ofc you need to be OP to solo a boss in 3-x, which is pretty much an end-game squad instance. What else did you expect... I know some ppl just think "5.0 aps and you can do everything", but it needs high refined armor with high grade gems.

So, with the criteria you set, NO you can't solo it. But some still manage to do so. They use 1 of the 3 following skills to do so : Demon CreditCard Mastery, Sage Merchant Mastery or lvl100 skill Farm Mastery.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Tidal Protection avoids 5/6 things you listed and watch general chat for his shout to avoid his purge. I prefer to duo it with a Sin and a BM because he's killable in about 20 seconds with a demon HF and 2 good DDs.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited September 2011
    As I said its both good and a bad thing.

Good because apparently prevents OP players to solo it.

Bad because NO there are still players enough OP to solo it.
    And Bad because even a full squad of"Average",as almost no chance to kill him.

Yes it requires good timing at Spark/Domain/Pot to avoid mostly his purge.
    No he's still crazy if you're"Average",and can't kill him real fast.

In the squad I was,there was a try when BM(9k Hp and with Sage BP),died without purge because boss was literally spamming is amp damage thing,and BB wasn't interrupted /crazy.
    b:surrender
    WTB>More Fash
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Could just use earthquake on it and sparks and dagger throw and and....
    Guess when you say solo you meant lazy a$$ blood heal.
    PWI b:bye
    edited September 2011
    Could just use earthquake on it and sparks and dagger throw and and....
    Guess when you say solo you meant lazy a$$ blood heal.

When he gets crazy,he spam debuffs too fast for anything of above working efficiently.
    It would take 3-4 or 5 people to spam channeling interruption skills.
    WTB>More Fash
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    yesterday i managed to do GBA in 3-1 twice with 2 other sins. i was on my sage sin (2.22), another sage sin(2 pieces of -int over me, 2.86 right), and 5.0 demon sin.

we managed to kill it in about 1.5 mins and got purged once. i find that splitting the sin duties works the best. i personally had sage rib strike and kept him debuffed, while the other 2 perma-sparked. i and normally capable of keeping spark, missing only 2-3 sparks during this under the other 2 sins, and keep throwing up subsea and tangling. we also had no active cleric in squad either

as always, its faaaar easier with barb buffs (i think barb buffs > cleric buffs in this sense) and the 2nd run where i had the sage BM(4 or 5.0) dropping dragon made it even more easy.

we all had mediocre(mine) to respectable(bm's and 5.0 sin's) refine, i had a plat hp charm, tons of food, and i guess a bit of luck. i think i have to stress that i think keeping the boss rib strike'd is a significant factor, i don't see many sins doing that even in vana with non-pro squads.
  • HinataSama - Raging Tide
    HinataSama - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    maybe a decent seeker can solo too if used Quid Pro Quo to transfer the nasty debuffs to the boss :)
    edited September 2011
    i doubt that. quid is ok but doesn't it have a pretty long CD? i dont see you being able to use it more than maybe twice, the longer you fight him the worse it is and since you can't spark as often as an APS class. aside from being some ceiling geared sin or bm with full buffs i dont think GBA is solo-able outside of a glitch.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    She's kinda right about seekers. The def lvl buff makes that class take very little damage, even if debuffed. They can quid pro quo, but that skill has a long cd. Main problem is that killing the boss with a seeker would be horribly long and major pot sink. Besides vortex damage of a seeker is not great and doesn't make you want to solo some boss.
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    maybe a decent seeker can solo too if used Quid Pro Quo to transfer the nasty debuffs to the boss :)

Quid pro quo is really useful against him, i followed a friend of mine in 3-2 yesterday and my quid pro quo throwed back its hp debuff when it had lost 200k. It passed to close of 4,6M of hp to 2,9 M of hp b:victory so i say seeker are deadly against this boss at the start of the battle (but a seeker will be less useful after that)
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I don't have much problems solo'ing him, but he is annoying.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
    edited September 2011
    the seeker is a squad class, not a solo class. all the strengths mentioned above are useful ina squad. the OP (and the title) ask for information about soloing. seeker does not do enough damage PERIOD, or fast enough to kill this boss prior to being debuffed. once you are debuffed, you are toast. recasting will kill you, and he can debuff 2-4x within the CD of vortex. either way, vortex is not the way to go; why does everyone default to the lazy way to do things? seeker has so many debuffs to use from stances, not the mention that vortex does not deal enough damage and you can't capitalize off of stances in vortex.

the boss was made difficult for a reason. if you are not OP and at ENDGAME gear-wise (that means shards, refines, and R9 or vana or cash shop gear hybrid), then you need at least 2 people. seeker is nice, but is more useful as 3rd man to 2 sins(or any decent combi, bm/sin) that is fully buffed so that the seeker debuffs can be utilized. i'd also like to mention sage rib strike is similar in effect to STA, and does a decent job making him easier to kill.